FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Something you all must know.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bestile1
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Something you all must know. Reply with quote

I must first tell you that i am not the man you know as Conner, when he left for his deployment he gave me a list of user names and passwords for various websites so i could inform the other users if something happened. Something has happened.

Afghanistan, April 14, 2010 his supply convoy was ambushed and he was severely injured, they evacuated him to the nearest medical facility but his injuries proved to be to much and a few hours later he passed away.

I do not know many details of the ambush, I do not even know in which part of Afghanistan it occurred, the only thing I've heard was in a brief message from on of the other marines in the convoy. It said that he went down fighting and we should be proud of him.

This is not a joke or some kind of cruel hoax, though i wish it was. The man you know as Conner or Bestile1, and my good friend is gone. I do not know how close he was to you but i do know that he thought enough of you that he wanted you to know.

I will try to return to this site often over the next few days to answer any questions you might have but once this is concluded I will not return.

"A good man has fallen, but do not weep, remember instead the joy you shared for that is a mans true legacy."
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for informing us of our member Bestile 1's passing.
I am sure I speak for all of us here when I say he will be sorely missed.
Though I rarely corresponded with him, the few times that we did he stuck me as a intelligent and creative young man.
Please convey our deepest sympathy to his family, yourself and all his friends.
I would like to conclued by saying that he will be remembered most fondly by us all.

Once again thank you for informing us and our prayers and best wishes go to you and his family at this most distressing of times.
Take care.

Regards
Tearlach Desson
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for telling us. He was a good friend and we'll all miss him dearly. I can't think of anything else to say at this point that Tearlach hasn't already said. Just that his family, you and the rest of his friends will be in my prayers. May God watch over you all.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
Corran
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is tragic news. I wish the best for Bestile's family and friends in this difficult time. Thank you sir for being the bearer of this news.
toonaxe
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much death surrounds me lately...at least he went down fighting in an honorable and noble duty.
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May the angels finds his soul and guide him to heaven of peace and bliss and may his rest be the same.

Thank you so much for letting us know, Sir.

I wish for Mr. Conner's families and friends in their tough time.
BioRust

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though a true man of action has been taken from this world, his spirit, his honor and his legacy will never fade.

Please give my deepest regards to Conner's family and friends.
xAlucardx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true heroes are never given the credit they deserve for the sacrifices they make. May Conner rest in piece, and may God see his family and friends through their dark hour.
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Shit...
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((All gave some. Some gave all. You will be missed Conner ))
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am saddened to hear of his loss.He was a valued member of the PBB community and I will miss him.
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I ever met him... pity I never will.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
dragonfly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a shame to hear i never got to meet him im sure he was a incredible man

he died a hero and will always be a hero in are minds and hearts to walk the earth there will always be pain but the brave men and women who risk life and limb to save are souls will always be true hero's to this world end's

((sorry about that nenver been good at like this))

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip bestile one its a shame to not have been able to actually know you.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harsh and very sad news. Sad Thank you for relaying it.

Godspeed, soldier.
Julia Lovepaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v.v i hate this damned war, i wish it would end already....i had to break up with my boyfriend in a harsh way because i knew that if i didn't he'd continue to try to be with me and i couldn't handle the thought of knowing he died in war.

It is to bad i never got to meet him.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might not be able to say I knew Conner too well, but from what I have read and from what I gathered from him, I think I understand a little bit about what he was. He seemed to be the kind of man who always puts his dedication towards his profession above everything else, often to a fault since everyone here has some connection towards every individual in this site and beyond. One could tell when he was sending posts here, he always did so with a smile, even if it was with a heavy heart knowing the conditions and dangers surrounding could effectively end him as it does now, but he went forward, fighting proudly for what he believed him, and I salute him. If only I knew him better, I could easily call him friend, even though he was friend to all of us in his own way.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conner... a good man. Died like a hero in my book.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, another person I gotta add to my list of fallen friends.It always hurts me so much when I hear another person being killed in the Box but I guess experiencing the horrors first-hand makes things just that much more difficult.I'm often reminded of a poem that was read at a friend's funeral not too long ago:Grieve the Warrior, You
Author: Earl Davis

Every decision made is the result of a choice, sometimes mine, sometimes yours. It was my choice to join. It was your choice what I was to be. God did not make the Warrior, man did. In the life we live, the Warrior is a necessity. It is the responsibility of the Warrior to protect and defend the freedom of others, no matter how high the cost. The color of freedom is red.
Grieve the Warrior, You.

Once a Warrior is made, there is no going back. He is forever changed. It is up to you to honor and respect the Warrior in his transformations. A Warrior has wisdom you will never know, let alone understand. Among Indian tribes of old, only a Warrior could become Chief, and only a Chief could advance to Sage.
Grieve the Warrior, You.

There is a Wall filled with bygone heroes, honored and respected. A virtual Wall exists with four times the names, fallen Warriors that shouldn't be, but driven there by dishonor and disrespect. There are many, many more who are alive, but dead at the same time. You have chosen to put it all behind you. It is past now, so let us forget it, like it never happened. Warriors can't put it down, can't forget because it is still happening to their minds.
Grieve the Warrior, You.

Whatever you think of them, or not think of them, doesn't change a thing. You have made them Warriors and Warrior forever they will be. You see I am a Warrior. No one ever says, "I was" or "I will be", but "I am." I am the price of your freedom. Your world exists because of mine, and mine exist because of yours. Your visions are many and varied, of bright and beautiful things to come. The visions of a Warrior are contained in one _____ A thousand-yard stare.
Never mind, the Warrior will grieve You.

– Bruce Lee
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beautiful poem. It is fitted for all the strong warriors who do what's best for what they believe in. Like Mr. Connor. :3
Kiala_Tiagra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not much for words

but he died as a soldier, he died as a warrior, and he died fighting what he believed in

He will find his place in the afterlife. And a good place is that
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=197025#197025
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friend of Conner, thank you for telling us.
In this moment I'm really saddened by the news, I wish it weren't true. When Bestile1 some time ago told me that he followed this forum and this webcomic from Afghanistan I thought incredulous of this man who, while in the army managed to find the time to read my comic, and I was very proud of it. The fact that this person, so full of responsibility, so far from home and loved ones, in that situation of war, would choose to read, and pay, my comic to distract and amuse mimself, find a moment of relax like many others... it felt very rewarding and I've told it many times here in Italy, to my friends, to flaunt it a little, yes, it filled me with satisfaction and pleasure.
The news touch me a lot because I created and let live on these pages an identity that he imagined and I drew.
I've invented his avatar and had him interact in PBB. Although I don't know you, when I draw your avatars I seal a connection with you because I draw something that belongs to you, in which you identify yourselves. They aren't drawings like many others, an end in itself, soulless, they're your avatars and they're alive because you are, they have the essence of a real person. Therefore I'm suffering not only because a person died, but also because my hands drew for him a character in which he identified... and I knew I made him happy, I'm very involved emotionally.
I couldn't know him, I don't know what he looked like, so if now I look at his avatar I feel devastated because It's as if I see him since it's the only picture I got of this wonderful person, and I know he isn't there anymore. I won't use his character anymore, but I'd like to do a last homage to him, drawing him for one last time.
I'm Italian but I love and respect also America and all the nations that fight and work for others' well-being. So Conner for me is a hero because a person who sacrifices himself in war is the most generous person in this world. He gave his life.
For me he'll always be a valiant warrior, and I'd like to hug him and thank him for giving me so much, his precious time, his friendship, his esteem... It's me who thinks so very highly of you, Conner, and I admire your bravery and your boldness. I love you, thank you.

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-stands and applauds-

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Arianoelle_Yenearsira

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*joins Silv with the applause* Well said Vanessa

Friend of Conner, thank you for telling us this news. It is sad to read, but he is a her ot us. I respect those in the military, no matter what branch. They are our warriors and our heroes. Conner shall be missed, even though I myself have never met him, my heart weeps.

RIP Conner, watch over us and look after those still fighting. Guide them home.
Avrie000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many have fallen for reasons good, bad, known, and never fully understood ... All we can do is honor their memories. In the navy we always raised a glass to missing comrades. Though I didn't know him; he will be missed...

To absent friends.

Vanessa ... well said!, maybe you could work him into a future comic and keep the memory alive. I think he would like that.
Kiala_Tiagra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
Dear friend of Conner, thank you for telling us.
In this moment I'm really saddened by the news, I wish it weren't true. When Bestile1 some time ago told me that he followed this forum and this webcomic from Afghanistan I thought incredulous of this man who, while in the army managed to find the time to read my comic, and I was very proud of it. The fact that this person, so full of responsibility, so far from home and loved ones, in that situation of war, would choose to read, and pay, my comic to distract and amuse mimself, find a moment of relax like many others... it felt very rewarding and I've told it many times here in Italy, to my friends, to flaunt it a little, yes, it filled me with satisfaction and pleasure.
The news touch me a lot because I created and let live on these pages an identity that he imagined and I drew.
I've invented his avatar and had him interact in PBB. Although I don't know you, when I draw your avatars I seal a connection with you because I draw something that belongs to you, in which you identify yourselves. They aren't drawings like many others, an end in itself, soulless, they're your avatars and they're alive because you are, they have the essence of a real person. Therefore I'm suffering not only because a person died, but also because my hands drew for him a character in which he identified... and I knew I made him happy, I'm very involved emotionally.
I couldn't know him, I don't know what he looked like, so if now I look at his avatar I feel devastated because It's as if I see him since it's the only picture I got of this wonderful person, and I know he isn't there anymore. I won't use his character anymore, but I'd like to do a last homage to him, drawing him for one last time.
I'm Italian but I love and respect also America and all the nations that fight and work for others' well-being. So Conner for me is a hero because a person who sacrifices himself in war is the most generous person in this world. He gave his life.
For me he'll always be a valiant warrior, and I'd like to hug him and thank him for giving me so much, his precious time, his friendship, his esteem... It's me who thinks so very highly of you, Conner, and I admire your bravery and your boldness. I love you, thank you.

I love how you put a connection with how the people are with their avatar in bon bon

and a last homage to him, that would be wonderful....
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=197025#197025
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conner... My one regret is I couldn't grow to know you face to face. Beyond your valor, your noble spirit to die for our freedom, you were a man with all the right morals and courage to stand up to fear itself. It's always hard to say things in grief, but I think we could have been true friiends had we met one day on the street.

You lived as a good friend to us all here on the forum, and I don't know if you can see these words printed here, but it was an true honor to have known you, as so few have the pleasure to say "Yea, I'm friends with a real hero!" May your friends and family find peace in your heroisim.

Thank you for the time that I had to speak with you and share in your wisdom. You will be missed, and never forgoten.
Julia Lovepaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vennessa made me cry V.V
Eechironin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:

<sniff>

I know I just joined this community, but it is easy to see the love here.
A lot more then others.

I am glad I found the place and the warm people here.

wish I joined earlier, but it seems like Conner/Bestile1 will forever live here, in PBB.

S!

"That which is denied becomes that which is most desired, and that which is hidden becomes that which is most interesting. Consequently, a great deal of time and energy is spent trying to get at what is being kept from you."-John Denver
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its because we are all somewhat a family here. Conner was a valuable member here, even before I could join. Its sad that a brother in arms had to go the way he did, but its an occupational hazard, but he went through with his beliefs in order to uphold not only his own honor, but his nation's as well. I'm proud to know him, even only temporary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2