FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Which colors do you like in Furry artwork?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sexymanz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all that it matters eh? you just have to like it and be happy thats something you can call yours on this site...

anyway there is a slight chance that i may perhaps be able to join this site but only for 10 days... but even if i do join i wont get an avatar like that huh?
I guess im not really going to be a member anytime soon... so please members of BonBon... please help me out with my character discriptions so that way maybe one day a artist here can put a pic of my character on a forum... i would love to see that happen one day... (anyone please?)
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. You have to be a member for six months before you even join the queue to get an avatar.
sexymanz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... thats a lot cash for an avatar if you look at it the way i am...
I guess im not really going to be a member anytime soon... so please members of BonBon... please help me out with my character discriptions so that way maybe one day a artist here can put a pic of my character on a forum... i would love to see that happen one day... (anyone please?)
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you look at it from my point of view - and I'm sure most here would agree - it's not about the avatar at all. That's just an added bonus. We didn't join the site just to get an avatar. Not saying that you are, mind.
sexymanz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so whats the inside like?

is it the main story or is it even more than that?
is it ok if you give a list of whats all in there?

please if thats ok i would like to know.
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I won't list everything, but there's the main comic, Scarlett Blut comic, games and the striptease theatre.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightAngelChii wrote:
I mainly love soft pastel colors but that is just me. Rolling Eyes Mainly I am into white/red combinations.

Theres another face we don't get to see too often. How are you BrightangelChii?

As far as colors, as Mystic put in another thread, I'm a sucker for Black, Purple, with a bit of Gold trim. I'm a fan of darker colors and shades, such as the works done by Herisheft. Dark colors and schemes with very bright highlights that seem to glow like neon lights.

Though, contrasting colors, such as those of Toonaxe, are quite lovely as well.
Taliesin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
And what about you Taliesin? I seem to recall that your fursona is a blue dragon/lizard. Any specific thoughts on why you've chosen the colors you have?

I must apologize for how much I took to reply, Miss.

Well, you got it right since I'm a azure "lizard" with yellow scales on my chest, green eyes and red scratches under each eye.

First, I started with blue. A pastel azure that would look smooth and fresh, something to tie myself with the Water, the element I like the most. Second, a shiny scaley belly. I always thought yellow and blue mix good together... just my tastes tho *chuckles softly* Since the complementary color of blue is orange - but I liked orange less - I went for a shiny yellow, something not too intense, again, I chose a softer hue of such a colour. In the end... I always wanted to have green eyes IRL, so why not on my fursona??? And red scratches to help such a green to "pop out".
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taliesin wrote:
I always thought yellow and blue mix good together...
I've always thought that too, so you're not alone in that thinking.
Feingo Ferinton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me common, but I've always been partial to Black and Red combined.

Feingo's story:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5873
Taliesin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feingo Ferinton wrote:

Black goes almost with everything.

B&W, B. and red, purple, green, blue, yellow, silver, specially in their "neon" versions... Flashy!!
Feingo Ferinton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taliesin wrote:
Feingo Ferinton wrote:

Black goes almost with everything.

B&W, B. and red, purple, green, blue, yellow, silver, specially in their "neon" versions... Flashy!!

Well yes, I know that. I was just saying that of those, my preference is black and red. (Though I do agree with you on the neon bit)

Feingo's story:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5873
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked black as well, but I didn't think it would work well with my fursona. I was aiming for a more colorful look.

You've chosen some interesting colors, Taliesin. Your avatar is certainly going to look special, because of your choice of species, and that the scales are so colorful. I know that in my own fursona, the most striking colors are in the clothes, while the fur and hair are just shades of brown. You seem to have taken a different approach, which is quite interesting.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
krisslanza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose when I've thought up my legion of original characters for various purposes I have a tendancy, lately, to stray from being 'common'.

I've been tending to use naturally impossible hair colors (like silver) and using heterochromnia often (that is having two different colored eyes) - also of naturally impossible colors, like again silver, or gold, purple, etc.

I will use 'normal' colors too but I tend to like to use the ones you wouldn't ever see in real life (naturally).
Taliesin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
You've chosen some interesting colors, Taliesin. Your avatar is certainly going to look special, because of your choice of species, and that the scales are so colorful. I know that in my own fursona, the most striking colors are in the clothes, while the fur and hair are just shades of brown. You seem to have taken a different approach, which is quite interesting.

This reminds me of a quite funny thing that happened me during my time in the fandom, over the awesome galleries of the FurAffinity.

It happened that I found a dragoness having almost the same features of my own critter - yellow belly, blue scales, marks under the eyes - but she featured hair and purple horns too. Now it really got me happy, cause I think it's fun when this kind of things happen, and I got to know this person that is much alike me.

Another time I got a message from a person complaining about ME having drawn a commission for some guy, and pretending the critter I've drawn was identical to his one. Fun fact is that both of these people are absolutely anonymous in the fandom, and they both were white dragons with horns and earfans... and he was pissed at me for that!! Oh boy...
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisslanza wrote:
I suppose when I've thought up my legion of original characters for various purposes I have a tendancy, lately, to stray from being 'common'.

I've been tending to use naturally impossible hair colors (like silver) and using heterochromnia often (that is having two different colored eyes) - also of naturally impossible colors, like again silver, or gold, purple, etc.

I will use 'normal' colors too but I tend to like to use the ones you wouldn't ever see in real life (naturally).

I've been thinking about why you, and others who with similar preferences, prefer such colors that aren't natural. Is that because you find it pretty/attractive in drawn characters when they have such colors? Is it because anything is possible, and natural colors are a bit boring? Is it because it'll make the character appear more special if it has some unique color scheme?

Personally, I tend to find that too special color combinations can be a bit much for me. Especially in fur. Then I definately tend to find natural colors more attractive, as I think that most of my favorites have primarily naturally colored fur. That's why my own fursona has a natural fur color, and it was never anything I considered to change.

I personally very much like the possibilities of furry artwork, with the many possible combinations, including colors. I like to see many different colors, especially in the PBB comic. With my own fursona, I guess I compensate for the natural fur and hair colors with more colorful clothes.

And I can imagine wanting to look a bit unique in a furry community. This is the only furry community I am a member of, so I haven't had many problems trying to make my fursona special, though I did make some choices that I thought would it special. Like her being a mare and such. But the colors are pretty common.

The Mayflower Diaries
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own preference is for natural colors and earth tones in furry artwork. Browns, black, off whites, grays... I want to have to look for meaningful details to differentiate different characters. Shape of the face, cut of the fur, facial expression, and other small cues that can tell you what a character is like in addition to telling him or her apart.

I find a unique appearance to be overrated, personally. I am content to be confused with the majority by the casual observer. Anyone I care about would know what would differentiate me, anyway. Because I am unique and special. Just like everybody else.
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to tell you the truth i like them both uncommon and the common. becouse when you mix them every thing is one-of-a-kind.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
BrightAngelChii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
BrightAngelChii wrote:
I mainly love soft pastel colors but that is just me. Rolling Eyes Mainly I am into white/red combinations.

Theres another face we don't get to see too often. How are you BrightangelChii?

I am fine but I had much to do in august, first my performance and then I even had a shooting for the issue of an high quality photo magazine. Currently I am busy with some story projects so I am not here that often.

Back to topic~

Well, colors should always be choosen to match the kind of art. At my latest fanart I used "hard" colors to fit the original look of the characters in their tv version, if I would have used the ones for the artwork I would have used more softer ones and not black outlines.
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:
Because I am unique and special. Just like everybody else.
Laughing I've always loved that saying.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A healthy balance of both is pretty much the answer. Too many unique characters can be distracting and can cause the viewers to lose interest.

If theres no way to tell one character apart from the other, other than their name, then your pretty much reading a book in my opinion. Though, simply the clothes someone wears can be enough to differentiate amongst the others.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking some more about the colors that people choose. For example the blue vixens among us. Why is blue fur so popular? Why not green, or pink?

Looking at the avatars around here, most seem to have pretty naturally colored fur. With a few exception of course, but the blue has really peaked my interest with the third one joining this forum recently.

The Mayflower Diaries
Mystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at it about the various colors, blue is closely linked to gray. Gray fox can then transform into a blue fox. It could also be with the large fan base around Krystal from Star Fox. Its hard to say really.

I know that when it came to color choices for Aldaberrans that bright and festive colors were focused on hair, while fur was kept natural colors.

Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are reports/sightings of "Blue " Tigers in Tibet. These are supposedly larger then the Bengal and have a pale or dark blue pelt, depending on the witness, with black stripes. Perhaps it is a mutation, like albinism.
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Why didn't I think of that as Tadelesh's colouring? I would have loved that. Sad I didn't want something too unnatural, but if that's actually a real fur colour...
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadelesh wrote:
Damn. Why didn't I think of that as Tadelesh's colouring? I would have loved that. Sad I didn't want something too unnatural, but if that's actually a real fur colour...

Well it falls under the heading Crypto-zoology, like the Yeti or Big foot there is no confirmed evidence except sightings. That said the snow leopard was presumed to a legend untill one was killed by a westerner.
So it may be true. Curious
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Wallstreet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it came to Ewan, I think I thought a bit too much about colour. Even to the point of introducing a small bit of fox blood into the family line to justify his more reddish colours. When I thought of him, I wanted his colours to seem warm and composed, so I went into the details of his clothing, citing darker tones, like browns and deep reds, to capture the image I had in mind.

That and I like red fur. Rolling Eyes

Who the hell is Ewan Bushmill?
A reference: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319
Kiala_Tiagra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm whats going on this topic? first time I got here =3
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=197025#197025
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallstreet wrote:
When it came to Ewan, I think I thought a bit too much about colour. Even to the point of introducing a small bit of fox blood into the family line to justify his more reddish colours. When I thought of him, I wanted his colours to seem warm and composed, so I went into the details of his clothing, citing darker tones, like browns and deep reds, to capture the image I had in mind.

That and I like red fur. Rolling Eyes

I'd be interested in seeing the final result. I like the warm colors as well, and I think it's good to see someone pick reddish fur.

The Mayflower Diaries
Kiala_Tiagra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hmm are we talking about a color fur for bon bon or some color thme thinG? a bit confused
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=197025#197025
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3