FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Forward Unto Dawn (casting and rules)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Forward Unto Dawn (casting and rules) Reply with quote

This is a new rp thread I felt like starting only because I cant find a thread to join that isnt in the middle of something that would make no sense to join.

Link to actual thread: Forward Unto Dawn (open rp)

This will be a story set sometime in the future, around the year 2276.

Please note that I have few, but simple rules.
1. Please do not join and jump off-topic.
2. If sexual tensions rise between 2 or more characters, please do not dawdle/linger on it for too long. (it ruins allowing others to join and I, myself, would appreciate not seeing 30 pages of 1 sex scene. just common courtesy)
3. Please do not spam the thread.
4. Please make sure that if you are just starting the thread or making a new character to please post your new character here for all to see their personality and what-not (please don't overkill on backstory, if possible short and simple, but enough to understand the character)
5. Please limit yourself to a few characters if possible. (no need for 1 person to be able to continue this thread all by his/herself)

Also, if you have a character that will only be appearing for a short scene, it is unneccesary to post them here, unless they will be making many returns (but try not to do just that, please)

Please understand these before posting in the actual story.

I will make a link in the first post of the rp thread that links back here if any need to post a character or re-read rules and/or character bios.

edit: you may use your BonBon character's name and back story if you feel free. Just make sure to make changes to fit the time of the story

Last edited by Tariel_Uhara on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commander Utar Rizel

Species: Lion
Height/Weight: 5'11"/167 lbs
Hair: Dark red lions mane, shaven under the chin.
Eyes: Brown
Fur: Tan with white paws
Distinguishing marks: A scar on his left cheek from a laser shot that barely grazed him.

Personality: Even as a Commander of his ship and crew, he is a fair and just leader. He will sacrifice what is not needed in order to save what is required. He will never leave a man behind if he can, but understands the need of the many come before the need of the few. He is a tough warrior, and has his morals to uphold, but cares for those he considers friends. He doesn't give his trust lightly anymore, due to a close friend of his betraying him years ago (hint: the laser scar). He killed him in self defense. He is hardened due to the betrayal, but does not just simply turn away all. He is a true hero to his ship and crew.
Katmir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the idea of your opening scene, but I don't know what planet or event you and your crew dropped into. I'd like to use my genius space cowboy character to help you out, if I may.

I would also like to know what sci-fi franchise(s) you were thinking of when you created "Forward Unto Dawn"... That way I know what tech level I'm exploiting. And I will exploit it.
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking a mix of Furry Mass Effect (me and my fantasy of ME) and the anime Cowboy Bebop. And I should probably clarify what is all going on, you're right. I will do so immediately. Alot of similar tech from there is what i was thinking of.
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, it's Halo 4 that springs to mind when I hear "Forward Unto Dawn", seeing as that is the title of the latest teaser trailer for Halo 4.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did use Forward Unto Dawn from Halo and my basis for the story is Mass Effect and Cowboy Bebop. But with only Furries and no aliens.
Hazzyrdous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazzrael "Hazzyrdous" McCafferty

Species: Mouse
Height/Weight: 5'9"
Hair: light brown
Eyes: Blue
Fur: grey
Distinguishing marks: none

Personality: A child of the streets of Bannik IV, one of the more seedier planets known for criminal activity, Hazzrael learned how to survive with nothing more than a charming smile and his wits, first gaining notice as a skilled pickpocket and con-fur, then moving up in status with the local crime families when he discovered a natural talent for piloting small ships, becoming a smuggler of note with the groups that found worth in those skills. The only thing keeping him back was his own code of morality that would hinder his opportunities for the big cash. Finding himself in a bad situation and knowing that his only way out was to finally seek help from the source of authority that he had worked so hard to avoid, he now places himself in harms way...and calls for help ...hoping someone will hear him in time before his actions call down retribution from his employers.

(this work for you Tariel?)
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, and adding a planet in... Nice. Great character.
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. I accidentally double posted... Dang random Internet spike.
(this was edited to fix double post)
Artyom Derison

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may join this though I'm working ons character idea atm.

My Fursona
HTTP://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11745

My FA
HTTP://www.furaffinity.net/user/artyomderison/
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, feel free to join whenever, Artyom.
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to join, feel free. I will need squadmates, and hell even future characters. I left the squadmate position open.
Katmir

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

= Awaiting Clearance =

Lieutenant Katmir "Katulu" Mahal

Species: Green Fox
Height/Weight: Average/Anti-gravity
Hair: Regulation Cut
Eyes: Yellow #5, cybernetic.
Fur: Green, white underside, black paws, ears, and tail ring.
Distinguishing marks: Longer white tuft under chin. Eyes, left arm, and legs are military issue cybernetics with biosynthetic fur.

Personality: Self-described as more honorable than protocol demands, Lt.Mahal's personal proclitives have put him at odds with higher ranking officers, but his integrity and tactical prowess prove to be valuable military assets. It was during a rare parade on his home planet of Ballena that Katmir sustained injuries by deflecting a thermite grenade away from Fleet-Admiral Vork, who is currently leading the War. Lt.Mahal is a Top Gun multi-class pilot and expert Marksman now assigned to Cmdr.Rizel's Drop Crew 01.
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great character, sir Katmir. And just for every one to know, any character added is accepted as long as your character follows the guidelines above.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

name: craig deanson

Species: black mamba
Height/Weight: 6"5'
Hair: no hair
Eyes: brite yellow
scales: pitch black shiney scales
Distinguishing marks: strangley a single yellow link of scales start from the very top pf his neck all the way down to the bottom tip of his tail

Personality: known as a professinal assian/mercanry/spy craig has no problem with any kind of crimanal or guard duty so long as he is payed well it dosn't matter to him what or who his employer is born in the streets of a planet called mavrick craig was taken in by a poor family of otters who where ex spys his foster farther teaching him everything he knows from reading and writeing to more dirty handed tacits to how to snap someones neck and hide the body on his 18th birthday he was given his fosters farther old spy gadets and weapons and with a few upgrades and tweaking off them and a lot of stolen and owed money craig now owns his very own up to date assain/spy geadets a very nice moterbike
as a young man craig left for a mission and on his return he founf his foster parents both murderd hell bent on revenge craig now wounders this doomed palnt looking for his fosters parents killer while takeing side jobs to surport himself and to feed his drinking and gamble addictions as well as his more secret habbits that he remians hidden

(this sound all right kinda clueless really so yeah XD)

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it works dragonfly. A few typos, but great story and character.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh well thats good to know thank you and yeah there probaly will be a few typos and grammer and spelling mistakes with myself

being aurtisic dosn't give me very good writeing skills my aplogise for that and i will try my best not to have to many of them in my post's without at least checking my post first

and a very quick question in the rp when i post my turn are we all part of a single group working together or going solo?

as i see you and katmir seem to be a team i have no problem being part of a team or playing as a solo person that winds up meeting your players and joining the team i just want to know before i make my post so i understand the situation

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

Katmir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay!
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok, sir dragonfly. And it's up to you. You can join the story as a member of my crew or as a villain or however you see fit.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah i dont play the villan role very well i think i will just be my own guy for the start and maybe get hired into the team of something along those lines.

Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright man. It's your guy. You bring him in as you see fit.
Hazzyrdous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alpha Foxtrot - Seven variant Charlie I mentioned is an aerospace interceptor (AF-7C) think of it as a space age version of the old F-4 Phantoms that are still in service to this day. Charlie variant indicates Atmostpheric Interception as its role. Hope that helps
Katmir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tariel, is your Commander the only one able to hear Hazz' transmission?
What species is our techie Edward?
What is our squad wearing?

It'll help me from this particular point on.
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sir Katmir. The team can hear Hazz or "Black Pawn".
Edward is a Malard/Duck.
My guy is wearing a set of armor similar to that of Mass Effect. (I'm a big ME fan, if you can't tell) Just without the red and white stripe down the right arm and no N7 logo. When he's in the ship or elsewhere, it's just a dark brown leather jacket, a white tanktop, and jeans.
The squad can choose their armor and off-duty clothes as they see fit. Just nothing too rediculous.

(Mass Effect is a copyright of EA and BioWare)
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a great idea. If I can get another member for the squad, I can possibly draw a picture of the squad in an epic pose. I just need another person to join that would be serious about staying too. And please, more people can join.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im all set just waiting on a time to jump in is all sorry

Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post my FUD reply tomorrow. I've had one hell of a week. Band practice is getting crazy. We're getting music wrote and songs finished for once. So I'll post as soon as possible, which should be tomorrow.
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still needing a final squad mate for Drop Crew 01. It's getting a bit difficult to carry a story without a name/species for them. I'd hate to start a character for it, cuz I'd like to see more participation. I've seen a lot of threads with many participants and I hope this one gets like them one day. If anyone can recruit, that would be appreciated.
Katmir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bro Aaron_Thom would be perfect. I'll ask him once he returns from his quest in the Appalachian.

I expect more interest though. Military sci-fi could get out of hand if not controlled in militant fashion. Rule#1: Real life first. Number of players should be set. Number of NPCs should be limited. Post length should be limited to absolute player interaction and current plot relevance.( I about killed an awesome rp with my stupidity). Tech levels should be defined so we can still get creative but not switch to God-Mode. Stuff like that.... I think.

Tell you what: reiterate your plot like narrating a movie trailer, raise your flag, and let's see who salutes it. :3
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain what you mean Katmir, or even give an example, so I can understand a a little better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2