FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
My story idea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I know that nothing much happened in the first entry, but I have to start slowly, and it's not going to be a story where something spectacular happens all the time. But I do like to write, and I hope that the diary as a whole will at least be entertaining to some.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It userally is. Start slow and keep going. Build up some thing and let others be random acurinses. Sorry for the bad spelling... well at least i think i spelled wrong.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course not every entry is going to be exciting. The more mundane entries establish a sort of norm that make those special moments really stand out.
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks good, keep it up and try to post it on yiffstar.com of F.A. so that if something goes wrong you have a backup. Very Happy

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henkcobra wrote:
This looks good, keep it up and try to post it on yiffstar.com of F.A. so that if something goes wrong you have a backup. Very Happy

well henk, the only way something could happen to the story here on the forums is if something went wrong with the forums... in which case, we might have a much bigger problem on our hands Shocked

marx's four step guide to being popular in the fandom

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a backup. At least in the way that I don't write it here, but rather in a Word document, and then copy the entries into posts in my thread.

I don't really know about posting the diary elsewhere. I think a requirement is to be familiar with my fursona, as it might be a bit confusing otherwise. Of course, I could just as well post my fursona description elsewhere as well, but stil... whistling

The Mayflower Diaries
Cassandre

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read them, Symphony, I love them! They're quite classy.
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read your story, Symphony!

Looking good. :3
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good keep it up Smile
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. I hope to be able to add en entry or two in the next couple of days. Smile

The Mayflower Diaries
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that I've been going back and forth on, is how to properly present other characters in the diary. In my last entry, I briefly described two such characters. Now I'm wondering whether to their description elsewhere, to make it easier for readers to get an idea of them. I'd do it the same way as with Constance, though with far less details. It would mostly be to present their appearance, and if more is revealed in the diary, to expand on their personalities or sexual preferences.

What I like about this approach, aside from how I like to write such charcter descriptions, is how I wouldn't have to have Constance describe someone by their species and such. It feels a bit awkward to me to introduce other characters in such a way in the diary.

My concern is that it might detract from the whole feeling of reading someone's diary, if you sort of have a reference sheet with the whole cast, though that is sort of the case with Constance already.

Of course, I'd only do this with named characters, and I'd still add many details in the diary about them, specifically their personalities and possible sexual preferences, as they would be revealed in the diary before being added to the character description. One of the main reasons is to go into a little more details about the looks of one of the characters recently introduced, and some more that I will be adding some time in the future.

So what do you think of this? Would you like to have some secondary character descriptions added in this thread or a separate one?

The Mayflower Diaries
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on how you view Constance's relationship with the diary. Some people merely consider it a place to write thoughts, while others view it almost like a friend. If Constance goes the friend route, it wouldn't be uncommon for her to describe such friends and acquaintances in a manner, as she wouldn't assume the diary to know them. However, in the thought format, she would know the details and that's enough for her.

So, if the entries are treated like a friend, no need for the separate descriptions. If treated like a collection of thoughts, then separate descriptions would likely be needed.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think of the diary as really just a story written in a different way. I haven't really given much thoughts to whether it's one of those two possible ways that Constance might treat her diary.

I have a lot of ideas in my head about other characters. I'm just not sure if I can properly, and in a way that suits me, describe them in the diary. Like how they look, for example. I think I'd find it rather unusual to have Constance going into a lot of details about how others look, and I'm not even sure whether I'd always have her mentioning people's species. But something like species is relevant in a furry story IMO, it just seems a bit out of place to have someone comment on it all the time.

This also has to do with my desire to make the diary interesting for others to read, and to help them visualize the characters.

The Mayflower Diaries
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last entry in the diary is an example of where I've been wondering if someone might enjoy a more detailed description of how another character looks. In this case the chinchilla girl Hannah.

The Mayflower Diaries

Last edited by Symphony on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketsudan
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got finished reading each of your entries, finally. Gotta say you're doing a great job, so far, Miss Constance. Looking forward to seeing where it leads.
Cassandre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the last one...Wowzers.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way people view each other is always colored by emotion and context. In the case of Hannah, as she starts of as little more than an interesting new friend, Constance's description of her would include perhaps only details that would seem important to her at the time: personality, quirks, cursory description of species, etc. In the off-hand chance that Constance meets someone whom she finds attractive (or even repulsive) in a more physical sense rather than in personality (such as an attractive stranger she sees in passing, but doesn't make any contact or conversation with until later), she may be more inclined to describe their physical aspects only. It's all about what sort of impression that person makes, and one is more likely to overlook physical descriptions when the physical aspects aren't what grabs one's attention.

Perhaps as your character becomes more enamored with Hannah, she might become more willing to add in details and descriptions about her... things like certain parts of her body she may find attractive, or the way she moves or postures herself in certain situations, or even more detailed insights of Hannah's personality. The idea would be that the audience (her diary) would become privy to such information as Constance herself becomes aware of them.

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments. Very Happy

And that sounds like a good idea, Johnny. I'll try to incorporate such details into my writing. I've found that I really like to write, and I like to come up with ideas for characters. Some I'm going to re-use from other stories I have worked on in the past. Stories that were never anything but ideas in my head though. But Hannah is a completely new character, and I have a lot more planned.

Unfortunately I have to deal with some other things these days, so I don't know when I'll be able to add more to the diary. Hopefully it'll be soon.

The Mayflower Diaries
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*

I can't post what I've written. I don't know when I'll be able to post again in my diary. I have two post ready, and another one coming soon. The third one is one I've been really looking forward to writing. It's kind of an odd entry really, but I find it amusing.

But due to computer problems, I might have to wait a week or more before being able to copy the text from the word document it's written in. It's really frustrating.

The Mayflower Diaries
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, Symphony.

Some of us here can wait a week when you are able to post your next story.

Your story is worth the wait. Wink
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words, Lidia Smile

I'm just frustrated because I really enjoy writing. And I want to add to my diary here and I like to find out what others think.

The Mayflower Diaries
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome. :3

Is nice you have a passion for writings. Smile

If you want to, you can just write down on papers or on the computer, save it, and when your computer is working, you can type it. :3
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I won't be able to add to my diary until sometime next week. And yes, what I do is to write it in another document and save it. So that means that I'll have several entries ready for when I can finally post again.

The Mayflower Diaries
Mystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I skimmed through the pages and don't think I saw anyone mention it. Be sure to put a little angered note in your diary about Randy trying to get fresh with you at the ball. Laughing
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm not really sure whether to make references to other people's characters.

Besides, the diary is written a couple of years before the PBB comic takes place. Wink

The Mayflower Diaries
Mystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, than at least you know you have a few things to right about down the road if you run out of ideas. *shrugs*
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
Hehe, I'm not really sure whether to make references to other people's characters.

Besides, the diary is written a couple of years before the PBB comic takes place. Wink

If she ends up down under Jerin's available for her stagecoach protection.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have considered letting Constance travel to Australia. In part if I'd want her to be in a warm climate and if I had run out of summer months. But I'm really not sure right now just how long this diary is going to be.

The Mayflower Diaries
Cassandre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all sorts of random stuff written in my diary...Although I'm quite sure you wouldn't want Constance's to be modeled after mine.

But.

Hey, do whatever you want. It doesn't matter to us, we just want to read it, because you're an awesome writer.
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandre wrote:
I have all sorts of random stuff written in my diary...Although I'm quite sure you wouldn't want Constance's to be modeled after mine.

But.

Hey, do whatever you want. It doesn't matter to us, we just want to read it, because you're an awesome writer.

agreed. symphony, just read the new posts and i loved 'em Cool

marx's four step guide to being popular in the fandom

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5