FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Animated Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Animated Series Reply with quote

Dear Ms. Santato,
I plan to start this fall into animation school. I am wondering if anyone has ever thought (you included) have ever thought of possible making an animated series of Pleasure Bon Bon? If so, when I finish, I would like to volunteer my services if you do plan to pursue a series (when I'm finished with the school of course).
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow I think that this maybe a little to big for you.

you have to make a episode of the same quality as the comic and miss Vannessa takes 1 - 2 weeks to make 1 page

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is nice, but, frankly, a bit impractical. While it would be entirely possible to convert PBB to an animed series, it simply isn't something that is easily done.

Even if you, yourself, are offering to do the animations, there are still many, many more things to consider. For example, voice actors would be needed and they typically require being paid. Then there is the issue of PBB being an adult's only thing. Even if you could pull together the required resources to make PBB an animted series, where would you air it? Certainly TV wouldn't accept an adult's only animated show, unless it was censored first. Uploading to the internet is out of the question as well. If you upload it free, how will you gain any revinue to pay for the production of the show. Uploading it to PBB likely wouldn't prove any better as pirates would probably just rip it and upload it elsewhere for free anyway. Not to mention the considerably slow rate at which the episodes would be released due to the time required to make each episode.

As I said, the idea is nice. I for one would love to see PBB animated. But it's just not that simple. There are numerous issues that need to be addressed and no matter which way you deal with it, money will be needed. And I highly doubt the revinue pulled in from current subscriptions to PBB are going to cover anything close to what would be needed in the long term.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually money is not of major concern to me. now im not saying im filthy rich, but getting the tools to do it and time to animate woldnt be of worry since i hardly do anything at home other than guitar or video games.

actors wouldnt be hard to get, friends or family would do or even if any of the royal members to lend their voices.

each episode could be set to only be made once a comic is complete. granted it would mean quite a wait on some, but there could be some filler episodes based on the mini series comics too.

believe me when i say ive put some thought to it. actually ive been following the comic since issue 10 ended. my subscription has been off and on but i just recently made this account and and just got started on the forums only a few weeks ago. ive been here for a while thinking about the needs and cost. i just got a pay raise at where i work and make almost $1100 every two weeks already and im only 19 (i turn 20 in september)

ive had some time to think this thing through. I wouldnt need pbb subscription money to come to my pocket. it can stay with vanessa and ronald as the probably need it more. they run the whole site.

airing it is no problem since i wouldnt air it on tv as it is as you said, adults only. true, some a**-hole pirateer could come along and just take it but ronald could make it so that anyone who has been here for 3 consecutive months could view it. or make it for six months. it would deter quite a few from spending their hard earned cash to steal a few videos for no profit at all. not only that, they wouldnt be able to really get much out of it considering how slow episodes would come out.

i do not take your words lightly though. i do understand what you both mean. and i thank you for your opinion, but in all honesty it would be up to vanessa and ronald to make the call. like i said, i am putting up my future services, but if they say no, then i will receed my offer and wait till they either want me to lend a hand or not.
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least it's not an idea formed on a whim, then.

As I said before, it's not an impossible idea. The fact that you've given it a lot of thought and actuall have some money to back it certainly improves the chances of it coming together. But like you said, it's up to Ronald and Vanessa. No doubt such a thing would require even more work from Vanessa, unless you intend to have the animation done in a different style.

In any case, there's still several bumps that would need rolling out. "Friends, family and Royal Members" isn't exactly the best of solutions to finding voice actors. There's no garantee that what is wanted will be found in that comparetively small group. As for your solution for preventing piracy of the episodes... suffice to say, if it was that easy, it'd already be working.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you should start small and make a intro first and send that to Ronald and Vanessa and wait there comments first.

Also you could send them an email then using the forum. Look for the emailadresses on the contact page of the mainsite.

can you also give use a sample of the skills you have so far? a demo and maybe on FA pl.

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
cheesecaked

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animations eh?

what programs you like to get?

Anime Studio is good the latest one
and if you know how to use it
you can make animations more then "flash like" cartoons
My Fursona http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=100410#100410

How dare they use casment window designs,
it's so last century ಠ_ರೃ
◕ ◡ ◕
"I'm gonna miss all the things we'll never do.
I just can't believe you left me here alone,
How in this world can I make it on my own?"
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animations though takes alot of time and effort in and of itself though. I could be wrong as I have no real experience, just a bit of flash from highschool, which was years ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i do see where you are coming from silvador about the voice actors. and that has run through my head too. and henk my FA is in my signature, i just uploaded just a sketch i did in one day. and animation software, i cannot get a hold of right now because i need a better computer for one, i only bought the one i have because it was cheap and i needed it for many things. (it runs off windows XP still) i still need alot of different hard and software before i can really start on even an intro, but i have worked with animation software before so i have some practice. im still a few months away from obtaining a decent computer. but as soon as i get enough to atleast start i will show you what i can do.

and thank you for the feedback, it is helping with some of the planning on this.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of us are saying its impossible, just that it would take alot of planning and effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1