FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Toilets (aka: WC, rest room, outhouse, porelain throne)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eechironin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Toilets (aka: WC, rest room, outhouse, porelain throne) Reply with quote

I notice something missing.

Sure it is something on a side and not pleasant to think about, but everyone needs to go there a few times a day.
Stories often use it for a plot device.

in 1895 I am not sure if the tank for flush design is used yet.
I do see such a design on the page top image in X-Ray page, and would be a modern design for sure.

Every culture has quite different ways to deal with the the stinky issue. I was pointed to this site. Challenged my status quo on the topic, mainly because I never though how other people deal with Le toilet.
http://theboglogger.blogspot.com/2008/03/bog-psychology.html

"That which is denied becomes that which is most desired, and that which is hidden becomes that which is most interesting. Consequently, a great deal of time and energy is spent trying to get at what is being kept from you."-John Denver
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were designs for flush toilets dating back some 400 hundred years. One was installed at Hampton Court, a palace belonging to King Henry the Eighth of England during his reign. By 1895 they were quite common certainly amoungst the upper and middle classes. The working classes living in tenement buildings and some terraced housing shared a single toilet, outside in a communial courtyard, and was used between as many as four or five families. As one can imagine communicative diseases spread rapidly.
Toilet tissue was only for the more wealthy families, poorier families used newspaper cut in to squares or even just a damp rag.
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Eechironin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tearlach wrote:
There were designs for flush toilets dating back some 400 hundred years. One was installed at Hampton Court, a palace belonging to King Henry the Eighth of England during his reign. By 1895 they were quite common certainly amoungst the upper and middle classes. The working classes living in tenement buildings and some terraced housing shared a single toilet, outside in a communial courtyard, and was used between as many as four or five families. As one can imagine communicative diseases spread rapidly.
Toilet tissue was only for the more wealthy families, poorier families used newspaper cut in to squares or even just a damp rag.

Yes, my thoughts too. Certainly the one pictured would have been almost a luxury item in 1895. I would not be surprised if most houses of the period where not designed for indoor plumbing, and as the word suggest there was a lot of outdoor water works.

Sewage pipes and drains (sometimes open) where easy to build, since it was down hill and little pressure. Remeber that for water to go up a 3, 4, or 5 story building required a lot of pressure, AND that meant solid connections, an engineering challenge 115 years ago!

"That which is denied becomes that which is most desired, and that which is hidden becomes that which is most interesting. Consequently, a great deal of time and energy is spent trying to get at what is being kept from you."-John Denver
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bon Bon's town economy is in some ways similar to and odiern Asian City like Hong Kong where new "technologies" and new luxury items arrives with large advance.
About my knowledge, I was inspired by Victorian Doll's Houses that have that type of Bathroom items, like this one:
http://earthntree.com/miniatures/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=154_877_155&products_id=7502

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always figured a classy joint like the Delight Castle or even the Blue Mansion would have indoor plumbing...

Makes me think Bon Bon needs its own resident plumbers, preferably ones with big mustaches, brightly-colored hats and overalls, and a penchant for eating mushrooms...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect to see golden toilets for the really fancy rooms Laughing
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I heard indoor plumbing and flowing water dates as far back as Pompeii.
Alot of that technology, along with the long burning oils when it was engulfed in a volcanic eruption.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1