FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Sports and Pastimes of Bon Bon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avrie000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Symphony, I think you just came up with a perfect Christmas poster / puzzle / Xray for a future holiday season, As far as I can tell, most of the winter sports were practiced back then just not formally. Speed skating was practiced in the Netherlands for hundreds of years, and local cross country skiing competitions are even older. With the local rivers there would also probably be punting, I think organized sculling came later.
Avrie000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Symphony, I think you just came up with a perfect Christmas poster / puzzle / Xray for a future holiday season, As far as I can tell, most of the winter sports were practiced back then just not formally. Speed skating was practiced in the Netherlands for hundreds of years, and local cross country skiing competitions are even older. With the local rivers there would also probably be punting, I think organized sculling came later.
Avrie000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she got the message Avri000 after a triple reply. Wink

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((For winter past-times, wouldn't most of them still be indoors? Other than like sleigh-rides or whatnot? So... wouldn't they be things like cards, billiards, chess, checkers, parchesi, bridge and that sort of thing? Thinking of croquette, what about Polo?

I think this topic has come up a couple of times. I will say in the 1880s-1890s had a big health-kick, and going to the gymnasium was a popular past time. I think it was the beginning of such organizations as the Y.M.C.A.

And, Symphony, I'm not sure when the tennis racket came about... you might still be wearing a leather glove, and be playing a style of tennis that is more akin to modern day racketball. OH! Thinking of that, what about something like Badmitten (sp?) I mean... seriously... nobody thought "shuttlecock" is a funny word?

I do like the idea of the pastoral "winter" scene, with people ice-skating and making snow angels... mostly because I kinda like the idea of one of the fuzzy, hand-warmer-wrap things. I think those are adorable.))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2