FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Your Fursonas fur

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Your Fursonas fur Reply with quote

Like the title says I want to know about your fur. Everyone knows about fur color but that’s about it. Very few people have actually described their fur past its color. So I want to ask the question. What are some other details regarding your fursonas Fur. How soft or rough it is how you take care of it. Everything to start here are some details on Kyle’s fur

To start his fur is as soft as silk, and is kept very Shiny. The reason for this being is that it separates him from being confused for a white wolf when he is actually silver. Another reason being since he is a shrink he needs to look professional and soft fur is easier to keep and control then rough fur. There for he uses women’s shampoo and coditioner for this reason besides the fact that they are stronger and work better then men’s. (Something I have never figured out why Mad Mad Mad
)
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an equine, I'd think that Constance has shorter fur than most other anthro characters. I imagine that her body therefore is incredibly smooth to the touch, and that her bodyheat is much more noticeable than if she had had a layer of insulating fur.

The exception to this is the fur above her sex. Aside from being a different color than the rest of her fur, I also imagine it to be slightly longer, as well as much softer. It's perfect for nuzzling one's face into. Wink

I haven't given much thought to how she takes care of her fur. As it's so short, I don't think it requires much grooming. She bathes reqularly, favoring long baths where she can relax and take her time washing and caressing her entire body. Constance also loves to get someone else to wash her, and whether she's alone or with someone else, a bath is almost always an erotic experience to her.

I think that her hair and tail require more care, as the hairs are much longer than those of her regular fur. Both her hair and tail are silky soft, just as the fur above her sex is, and she grooms both areas daily. Constance might let someone else do it for her, though it must be someone special and someone she trusts a lot, for her to allow another person to groom her tail. She isn't too keen on letting males groom either her hair or tail, though, as it's something she considers a female act.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as with most tigers, Samuel's fur is a bit more course than it is soft, and does not have much sheen to it. Being that he is a tailor, he prefers to focus on making clothes as comfortable as possible. However, given his respect for clothes he partakes in regular grooming to avoid any personal hygiene effecting the products of his work. This has led to his fur being just a bit softer than the average tiger.
xAlucardx

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aremis' fur has a natural ruggedness to it, yet it doesn't look to wild. Coyotes can be a little rough with their fur (depending where you are in the world). However, it isnt knotted or such, but just a bit ruffled. It is a soft coat, though, and feels very nice to the touch; not exactly silk, but something of the sort.

Last edited by xAlucardx on Tue May 11, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my fur is soft, like most wolves, due to having two layers. The inner layer being water resistant and insulates. Since he's a North American Grey Wolf it has a silky feeling to it. This of course makes him have to brush out all the extra fur when Summer and Winter hit, to get out the extra fur. After all who want's to walk around looking like a shedding puff ball Confused
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
Catherine_Puce
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine has a dense fur that she trims by pride and because even the north of Italy is burning hot compare to canadian winter. Her fur is rough because she use a special shampoo to achieve that. Part of her doesn't want to be a pampered courtesan, she want to feel different from the girl that born with everything and earn nothing. Her fur is that way. Only her hair (that include her trademark lynx side whiskers), a different treatment to look more big and attractive.

Elle veut restée féminine après tout.

S.P.P
Wallstreet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewan's fur would be typical to otters. Soft, insular fur underneath a longer coat of guard fur. I like to think its kept very sleek and neat, but I really dont know too much about otter fashion culture. Razz

Who the hell is Ewan Bushmill?
A reference: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this topic BTW. It made me think of more thinks for my fursona. That doesn't happen often these days, but I think I might add what I've written here to my fursona thread. Smile

The Mayflower Diaries
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
I like this topic BTW. It made me think of more thinks for my fursona. That doesn't happen often these days, but I think I might add what I've written here to my fursona thread. Smile
ya ifor thought provaking threads.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan has short smove fur witch is normal for a doberman. But with his body tone and his fur, he tends to not do very well in colder weather.
furrynerd

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew and andreas hair are soft andrews is a medium length part and andreas is more of a bob and there hair is soft.

Ling/Lee:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13105&sid=14034a5e4aec94ff37884ea7194a8743
Avrie000

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
I haven't given much thought to how she takes care of her fur. As it's so short, I don't think it requires much grooming. She bathes reqularly, favoring long baths where she can relax and take her time washing and caressing her entire body. Constance also loves to get someone else to wash her, and whether she's alone or with someone else, a bath is almost always an erotic experience to her.

I see a future regular customer Smile I can picture Constance getting addicted to the full body massages and spa treatments in several of the special treatment suites ... Japanese hot springs, Roman baths, Rain forest, subterranean grotto, forest waterfall. You'd love Rosita ... Strong hands, abundant patience, and an infectious good nature. I'll have to remember to order a couple of extra curry combs. I'll also have to think about designing a fragrance just for her; but don't worry I'll never tell. Cool

Avrie's fur; like most semi aquatic mammals, has an abundance of natural oils that build up on the inner down and tend to mat down the outer fur. While this keeps him warm and dry even when swimming in near freezing water; It also means that he will build up a musky odor and begin to look a bit haggard during the course of the day; which has lead him to the habit of his "lunchtime scrub" so as not to offend his clients. He uses natural herbal glycerin soaps of his own recipe to deodorize and break down the oils, and a touch of cinnamon and sandalwood because he likes it; but thankfully he never has to condition ... nature has taken care of that for him.

Carmen and Rosita unlike most felines (besides tigers) love the water, and seeing as their daily duties include giving spa treatments to clients while under a warm waterfall, or in a hot spring; they do in fact go through a lot of conditioner. Their taste runs to rose milk and coconut oil. They have both also taken to keeping their fur very short to help them dry off quickly between clients.

Kelly being an Otter has the same type of fur (and issues) as Avrie and often joins him for his lunch scrub. Though she does condition or ... "Her fur just doesn't look right". She also likes rose milk but wont tell anyone what she adds to it; "Not even under torture" So you'll never hear from Avrie the recipe of sandalwood and verbena with just a hint of Clary sage he makes just for her. Oops did I say that out loud Wink

Gretchen having feathers instead of fur has other problems and concerns. She spends more time preening and ordering her feathers; than worrying about softness and shine. Though her down is probably softer than just about any fur; It's much more important to her that her flight feathers interlock properly to keep her "hair style" intact. Her daily regime includes a proper powdering after her bath and a detailed bottom to top preen. She likes to add a touch of jasmine to her powders.

Morris and Albert like most short hair equines will spend a bit of time cleaning, conditioning and styling their mains and tails. But for their actual fur ... nothing brings out the shine, and exfoliates the skin like a good strong curry combing. It takes a firm hand to do it right so they'll do each other in the mornings ... Morris says it's better than sex.

Thanks Adept ... I never would have thought about it ... but it does really help to "flesh" out a fursona. I'd like to return the favor and suggest a thread to include the diets and favorite foods of our furry friends. We can give the budding chefs in the community a chance to tweak their menus Wink

Oops ... Symphony beat me to it in the discussions thread ... Oh well ... great minds Wink
dragonfly

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm let me think ok i'll start with how link's fur was like before he moved to bon bon.

when link was liveing in london in his gang days he didn't care how he looked so his fur was allways dirty and unkept he would not bother cutting it so his fur and hair allways had knots and was matted.

now that he lives in bon bon he keeps his fur in perfect condtion since link is a cheetah he has short fur that has a very silky touch and has a very healthfy shine to it his hair he washs daily and allways groms morning and night and his wikers are brused so they look strait

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labrn and Mystic I'd like to say are short haired cats, so no worry on too much dander oh allergenic ones. Soft and plush, like a soft fleece is what I would imagine the feel of it being.
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
The exception to this is the fur above her sex. Aside from being a different color than the rest of her fur, I also imagine it to be slightly longer, as well as much softer. It's perfect for nuzzling one's face into. Wink

Now that, sounds fantastic. Wink

Merriwether's fur is constantly exposed to the elements in his job, particularly salt water and wind. His job precludes spending hours grooming his mane while on the ocean, so over the years this has made his fur more coarse than some.

When in dock of course, he needs to make a good impression. His first task then is usually a long soak in a hot bath -- this is a luxury in his life anyway so muchly enjoyed. The opportunity is used to apply various tonics to soften the fur as much as a single application can do, and restore the sheen, particularly to his black mane, which he takes great pride in.

Even with this effort, it's still not the soft, plush fur of a pampered feline, and there's always a hint of salt in the scent, or the taste of his fur.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avrie000 wrote:
I see a future regular customer Smile I can picture Constance getting addicted to the full body massages and spa treatments in several of the special treatment suites ... Japanese hot springs, Roman baths, Rain forest, subterranean grotto, forest waterfall. You'd love Rosita ... Strong hands, abundant patience, and an infectious good nature. I'll have to remember to order a couple of extra curry combs. I'll also have to think about designing a fragrance just for her; but don't worry I'll never tell. Cool

I'll have to remember the offer. I've never really thought much about such things, but in a furry world, it's really a good occupation you've chosen. I like seeing such characteristics of anthro characters play a role in the choices we make for our fursonas.

Tursi wrote:

Now that, sounds fantastic. Wink

Thank you. Very Happy
It's just something I thought of when writing my reply to this thread. It's interesting threads like this one that helps me come up with new things about Constance.

There's something else related to fur I've been thinking of, but that might be better for another thread.

The Mayflower Diaries
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1