FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Understanding the Gun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Understanding the Gun Reply with quote

Even in the peacefull town of BonBon, ther are people in (current or former) violent lines of work rangeing from millitary, civic police, body guards, and etc. Meny in this town carry a holstered gun or two on them, even thou the lack of voilence in the town mostly regulates personal fire arms as personal symbles of ther current or former occupation. So i thought i would start this thread to help eny current or up comming fursonas (althou i perfer persona, but that's just me) understand what they are typeing down as fursanas outfiting, or to help them in RPing a hunting trip or personal defence (for thou few RPs that achualy do involve violence.

And do note that you can add to this if you have a bit of information about the subject you want to add as well.
Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic idea of hwo a gun works is that when the hammer of a gun strikes the fireing pin, it starts a controlled explostion that sends a projectile through and out of the barrel of the gun (rember that the explostion is controlled through the gun chamber, so never try to take a bullet and hit the fireing pin with a hammer and a nail, you will only hurt your self or end up on the Darwin awards.

here are a few things to rember.

1. Bullets when fired dont continue untell they hit some thing hard: becuase bullets like every thing else is affected by gravity. This is called bullet drop. While point blank range is to short for bullet drop to matter, long distance fireing (such as snipeing) would be affected and would make pyhsics very handy to know.

2. A bullet depending on the calliber and type can go through a wall. that is why poilce and varius peace keeping forces tend to be very picky about how and wher they are aiming (beacuse nuthing makes a bad problem worse like a stray bullet(s) hiting a bystander in anuther room.)(i will get to bullet types latter.)

3. A gun like eny other tool needs to be perioticly cleaned and mantained. Regardless if it's a sporting rifel, or darenger. Parts need to be cleaned and oiled to keep working and functioning in proper order.

The time around BonBon's time frame is an interesting one as far as the subject of Fire arms goes. Becuase of the resent release of smokeless gun powder as well as new enovations in gun mecanics, meny nations are constantly trying to outfit ther armys with new guns as well as trying to stoke pile as meny new weapons they can, becuase even in this time of relative peace, most nations still had to defend ther colonys as well as prepare for if eny other nation tryed to declare war agenst them. (most of the weapons that were stock piled saw ther first bit of action durring World War One.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1