FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Multiple fursonas. Good or bad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Multiple fursonas. Good or bad? Reply with quote

In recent months I have noticed a growing trend where people create several different characters. I don't know whether they can all be considered fursonas.

For those who do have more than one fursona, what's the reason behind it? Is it for roleplaying purposes? Or simply to be able to explore some different characters? Some also have both a male and female fursona, and this has also made me curious.

Is it difficult to develop more than one fursona to a satisfying degree, especially in regards to all the threads asking for such fursona details.

Personally I have created several characters. Most of them are just in my own head for now, and they won't be used for anything besides my diary story.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the idea of having multiple personas so i can hve many characters with different personalities to use in a variety of sitiations.

My main reasons may be to further explore the many situations that can happen and for Roleplaying purposes, now that many characters cannot relate to same one with a set of of ideals in mind.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wolfstride/ = My FA
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people have the mutlible fursonas manly to add to what ever rp there in. Like my alternate koga i wont be using him anymore but i origonally created him to add to the rp i was active in at thetim Mysterious thieves of bon bon. but it pretty much gos back to my first point its only to add to the story
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Hoshiginiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two girls Star and Medel are two sides to the same coin the coin being me ....Star is my meek docile side while Medel is my saucy lustful side

Ryan is the part of me that wishes i was a male ...i know that seems weird but its true ...

any characters that i create after this would just be minor characters and have no real connection

if i were going to use one of these three as a true fursona it would be star she is the side of me that most people see anyway

CafePress
FurAffinity
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often find it difficult to remember the fursonas that people use. Especially if they have multiple ones, as that sometimes seems to lead to one or more of them not being quite as developed as the others. I also admit to not being aware of many of the newer members' fursonas, so I hope it's okay if I can't always comment that much on the things that people write about their fursonas.

The Mayflower Diaries
BioRust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I enjoy critisizim. But the more fursonnas people tend to have, the more hectic everything tends to get. I'm probably going to bring out another one, once I get all of the specs done.
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that for some people, it starts getting ridiculous with how many they crank out. I believe it used to be that people really didn't want to make multiple fursonas due to only being able to have 1 get made into an avatar. I believe cheescaked and Max might be the 2 people with the most fursonas created. This is of course just based off of limited observation, but I've seen each of them make a few. Newer members have also mainly eluded me, mainly due to this trend. The more fursonas get created, the less inclined I am to RP. I'm worried any RPs I start will either get buried, the rules will be ignored, or any combination of the two.
Hoshiginiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since i know its not directed at me......trying to figure out a way to not get offended......by the fact that you guys think its wrong to have multiple personalities online....i dont think its a bad thing to have more then one just more than three is a little much this is a Role Playing forum correct? and part of role playing is that you take on a different role than your self .....

CafePress
FurAffinity
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with having multiple fursonas. It's all about preferences, and I perfectly understand your reasons for having more than one.

I just personally only want one fursona to develop and use. The other characters I've come up with are just extras for my diary. They aren't ones I plan on talking about outside it. The way I feel about my fursona is that it's sort of like making a movie. The many threads around here are ways for me to tell more stories about my fursona and have more scenes of her, to further describe the person she is. If I had more than one fursona, I think I'd feel like having to divide my focus between them, giving each of them less time in front of the camera, and so less opportunity for the audience to get to know them. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's sort of how I feel.

Still, I admit that I actually want to use the structure of my fursona description for my other characters as well, because I'd like to share them, and I'd like to spend more time detailing them.

The Mayflower Diaries

Last edited by Symphony on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
BioRust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what your getting at. The more focus you put on one fursonna, the more detailed and they are going to be. If you have multiples, they normally tend to get general discriptions and slowly creep up from where they started... I think.
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't feel that they are a bad thing, when done correctly. I used to play an RP in which everyone was allowed to use 2 characters. The problem comes more or less from confusion. As much as many may consider this a RP Forum, the number of active members is usually changing fairly often. Be it new members, people returning or leaving, etc.

When each person creates a fursona thread, if they start adding more characters while more new people are establishing a first, then second, and another new person joins...it can become a little overwhelming, especially if visiting this forum is more infrequent. I like to do other things while I'm online and if that means by the time that I check back here there are 10 new pages of posts across the rps, it is a pace I can't match and won't try to.
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
There's nothing wrong with having multiple fursonas. It's all about preferences, and I perfectly understand your reasons for having more than one.

I just personally only want one fursona to develop and use. The other characters I've come up with are just extras for my diary. They aren't ones I plan on talking about outside it. The way I feel about my fursona is that it's sort of like making a movie. The many threads around here are ways for me to tell more stories about my fursona and have more scenes of her, to further describe the person she is. If I had more than one fursona, I think I'd feel like having to divide my focus between them, giving each of them less time in front of the camera, and so less opportunity for the audience to get to know them. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's sort of how I feel.

Still, I admit that I actually want to use the structure of my fursona description for my other characters as well, because I'd like to share them, and I'd like to spend more time detailing them.

I understand what you mean Symphony. It just means that you would rather have you're main character in the spotlight, instead of having too many subs or other characters that cloud up the big screen.

I for one, enjoy makin multiple details. I have the whole story and everything written out for everybody before putting them here, but i like to wing it out and have members discover this for themselves, instead of having them know my guy from top to bottom without having them ever met him in person.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find it all confusing and too taxing to bother with. I simply don't bother reading about multiple fursonas at all. Heck, I've just stopped reading any topic started by cheesecaked. Razz

Besides, I just have to wait a few months and there are good odds they'll be gone anyway. Laughing

Mean? It could certainly be seen that way... But I simply lack the time and mental energy to bother. Learning about one fursona for every member is taxing enough.
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just find it all confusing and too taxing to bother with. I simply don't bother reading about multiple fursonas at all. Heck, I've just stopped reading any topic started by cheesecaked.

Nice Burn kommy Laughing Laughing Laughing

but ya having multible fursonas gets confusing i could barly handle controlling my two when i used to use koga let alone how some of the members can control 6 or 7 at once
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reason was simple.

I wanted to RP, but Ernest wasn't appropriate for it. So Caius was a way to get what I wanted.

Does that make me greedy?
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
Wallstreet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally find one character is enough for me to manage. It allows to me to keep a generally straight forward way of thinking while I post as Ewan as opposed to bouncing around between multiple characters.

However, if you think you can keep all your ducks in a row with several different fursonas, then all the more power to you! I completely understand that someone may want to add different layers of themselves to different situations, and other fursonas are great for that.

Just remember our dear host, Vanessa, and when time comes, I imagine youre only getting one avatar drawn up. Razz

Who the hell is Ewan Bushmill?
A reference: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have over 300

wanted to beat pokemon back in the old days
but I've got 4 main ones

GOTN (main/myself)
Bi-Ancha (the dark/wild side)
Myuuta (pokemon/angel/naughty)
Laguna (the freedom wanna be side)

some people (my shrink) call that a personality disorder to have more then one, what you think about it?
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goddess-ofthe-night wrote:
I have over 300

but I've got 4 main ones

GOTN (main/myself)

some people (my shrink) call that a personality disorder to have more then one, what you think about it?
An exploration of yourself. An in depth look at the different aspects of your personality. Or simply a very good imagination.

But what do I know? I don't have a piece of paper framed and hanging on a wall...

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silvador wrote:
I have over 300

but I've got 4 main ones

GOTN (main/myself)

An exploration of yourself. An in depth look at the different aspects of your personality. Or simply a very good imagination.

But what do I know? I don't have a piece of paper framed and hanging on a wall...

Silvador, you have like 8 characters now.
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Stride wrote:
Silvador wrote:
I have over 300

but I've got 4 main ones

GOTN (main/myself)

Silvador, you have like 8 characters now.
You're point is?

Maxwell The Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly another hypothesis offered by Wolf to convey your very own point of different aspects of an individuals personality /Imagination in a Hypocritical fashion. Even though the Bold outline words might suggest he has made an assumptive mistake and you are defending yourself from unseen hostility and at the same time belittling any opinion Wolf might bring up.

*Looks up into the sky*

The yellow one is the sun.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxwell The Tiger wrote:
Possibly another hypothesis offered by Wolf to convey your very own point of different aspects of an individuals personality /Imagination in a Hypocritical fashion. Even though the Bold outline words might suggest he has made an assumptive mistake and you are defending yourself from unseen hostility and at the same time belittling any opinion Wolf might bring up.

*Looks up into the sky*

What?

Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silvador wrote:
Maxwell The Tiger wrote:

*Looks up into the sky*

What?

Use you're head on this one Silvador.
Max caught on this with surprising detail and speed.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, let's stop this before it goes too far, as I've seen it happen too many times around here lately. The topic is about opinions on multiple fursonas and what people use them for.

I'm not interested in seeing this turn into an argument, so please either get back on topic or take it to another thread. Thanks

The Mayflower Diaries
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad.
This was my fault and if anything happen, i shall take full responsability
Maxwell The Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nearly the epitome of controversy.

So in my opinion I would have to say that I have many characters, though they are parts to a metaphorical Venn in which Maxwell is Centre point.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to keep myself when it comes to fursonas to be straight and narrow. Having a single character when it comes to the site and using him over and over will give a better chance to get to know my character more, so that the more he is used, the more in depth of a character he would become.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got three main ones that control what I do under the nexus thinking intelligence v0.002.

Is that insanity?

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on what your characters are used for. I think it keeps things interesting.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron_Thom wrote:
I guess it depends on what your characters are used for. I think it keeps things interesting.

I supose, can't really say opinin about it, but i'm always interested what others think :3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2