FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
About sexual details in fursona descriptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: About sexual details in fursona descriptions Reply with quote

There was a time when I hadn't written much about my fursona's sex life and preferences. I had described her as besexual and had a sentence or two about her being experienced and gentle, and preferring youngers partners whom she could teach.

Then we had a very interesting thread about sexual kinks, and I got inspired to write some of my thoughts on Constance's sex life. I thought it was a lot of fun, and I got some positive feedback, so I kept going. Eventually I also added these details to my main fursona description. Not to sound all full of myself, but I think I may have been one of the first to add such details to a fursona description. Now I see it done regularly, though rarely in such extended detail, and I'm glad to see others add such sections about their fursonas.

Still, I wonder if some might consider it a bit weird to pay such attention to sexual details in one's fursona description. We're all openminded here, so it's not that I'm afraid someone will react negatively to it. I'm just curious if some feel that it's unnecessary to add such details, or if it's simply a bit embarrassing to talk about such details as sex positions, preferences and possible fetishes in their profile. Some might simply be saving such details for the roleplays they are in.

What are your thoughts on this?

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Hoshiginiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you want my personal opinion? or the politically correct opinion? they are some what the same just worded differently

CafePress
FurAffinity
Hoshiginiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill start with this ...i wish i had the imagination to put into detail that which you have done for Constance i try to let my character unfold in the rps and then add details later because when faced with the daunting task of putting such thought into a character i get lost and confused

i think what you did with Constance was like soo awesome

CafePress
FurAffinity
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoshiginiro wrote:
you want my personal opinion? or the politically correct opinion? they are some what the same just worded differently

Can't I get both? Wink

Hoshiginiro wrote:
ill start with this ...i wish i had the imagination to put into detail that which you have done for Constance i try to let my character unfold in the rps and then add details later because when faced with the daunting task of putting such thought into a character i get lost and confused

i think what you did with Constance was like soo awesome

Thanks for the nice comment. You don't think it's too much any of it? I know that more than half of my fursona description is made up of sexual details, and I have wondered if things like her favorite sex toy, or how she ejaculates, is just too much information, though I find them both to be very necessary. Especially the part about her orgasms is something I'm very happy about and proud of, but I don't see many others here doing the same. I mean, couldn't it be considered common, or at least not particularly unusual, for a man to have a favorite part of his partners body to ejaculate on? Would it be too much information to share?

If you're looking to expand on your fursona's sexual details, I'd recommend starting simple with either a position or two, or just some general comments. I believe that there are a couple of threads around here for sharing such details, but your fursona thread would be the perfect place to begin. I wouldn't mind helping out, and I'm sure that others would be willing to help as well.

The Mayflower Diaries
Hoshiginiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tell you my opinion on the reason others do not put it in their fursona description first they are like me its a daunting task secondly they are lazy and not thoughtful some characters are made 'on the fly' inorder to fit into an rp that catches their interest ....

the politically correct version of that would be that it is a daunting task and some just dont think of it when they are making their characters up

and if you wanna help me id love that

CafePress
FurAffinity
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me throw my 2 cents in.

Yes, many roleplayers here may be quite lazy to do anything about it, but I believe that they would rather surprise others with their sexual preferences. It also may depend on the character at hand or loss of imformation.

I support you're idea on having a fully detailed description on any preferences, sexual life or kinks and history on it. Sadly, i can only do so much for some, since having a pre-written history that you can only fix and edit to a certain extent can be a bother because having a sudden change can mean a whole new different meaning for other members that read upon them.

My best take on this would be that others actually do more detailed RP's and if they see something they feel would be right to add to their threads, then they could add it to their information and be as detailed as possible on it in order to have other members get a mental image on what would happen, what to expect and what to properly do when it does happen.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wolfstride/ = My FA
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you both have a good point there. Some characters I've seen didn't seem developed to the point where sexual details would be necessary.

I also recall back when I was initially posting some of my sexual details, and it was suggested to me to save something for a possible roleplaying encounter. I don't roleplay much, though, and I doubt I'd roleplay a sex scene anyway, so it's not something that bothers me. Regardless, what can be seen in my fursona description is just the basics. My ideas and fantasies include more than that.

The Mayflower Diaries

Last edited by Symphony on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people here that would rather Rolelplay, may rather hold back the ideas that are spiraling within their fantasies. Since you aren't one that would roleplay enough, it is completely understandable to write in details, since that way we can still keep an idea of what goes on that isn't up to date with what is going on at the frontlines.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Symphony,

I never put that detail in more because I just thought if somone were curious about what sorts of habits I or Caroline had, they'd ask me.))
Wallstreet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you did, Symphony. And of course I do, after I finished reading Constance's details, I decided to flesh Ewan out more only a few minutes later. Very Happy

I think that even though this is a forum for an adult website, I think there is some anxiety (lack of a better word, I think) to post all those intimate details about what is essentially you in this universe.

Personally, I think Im alot like you, Symphony, I enjoy detailing my fursona because I am proud of him and I like knowing that people can reference the description in the link of my posts and find details on good ways to interact with Mr. Bushmill.

Who the hell is Ewan Bushmill?
A reference: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((Symphony,

I never put that detail in more because I just thought if somone were curious about what sorts of habits I or Caroline had, they'd ask me.))

I don't really think that many here ask someone else directly about sexual details. At least no one asked me. I just started posting in a thread about sexual preferences, and then I just kept writing because I was enjoying it.

I think that if you want to share such details about your fursona, then you should add it to your fursona description, or to one of the threads where people share such sexual details, regardless of whether someone has asked you directly or not. I think that if you want to share such details, then the primary reason should be your own enjoyment in sharing them.

Wallstreet wrote:
I like what you did, Symphony. And of course I do, after I finished reading Constance's details, I decided to flesh Ewan out more only a few minutes later. Very Happy

I think that even though this is a forum for an adult website, I think there is some anxiety (lack of a better word, I think) to post all those intimate details about what is essentially you in this universe.

Personally, I think Im alot like you, Symphony, I enjoy detailing my fursona because I am proud of him and I like knowing that people can reference the description in the link of my posts and find details on good ways to interact with Mr. Bushmill.

I feel the same way. I'm proud of my fursona, and the details about her sex life is a very important part of her. There have been times where I've thought that I've spent too much of my fursona description on the sexual details, but I have enjoyed writing them too much, and I feel that these are the core aspects of her sexuality, so it's difficult for me to pick some parts that shouldn't be there.

I've often thought of creating some more threads focusing on the sex life of our fursonas, asking for intimate details on what we think they have experienced, or how they'd react in certain situations or to certain partners, but I think it'd be taking things too far, even for a community like this.

The Mayflower Diaries
Hoshiginiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your sill symphony... how would asking others to develop their characters in the red light of things be taking it to far this is a community of sudlts and some of us rp our fursona's sex life to full detail if any one didnt want to answer the questions they would we would all just have to keep the TOS in mind when we answer

CafePress
FurAffinity
Wallstreet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoshiginiro wrote:
your sill symphony... how would asking others to develop their characters in the red light of things be taking it to far this is a community of sudlts and some of us rp our fursona's sex life to full detail if any one didnt want to answer the questions they would we would all just have to keep the TOS in mind when we answer

I tend to agree. We are on an adult website, and I like discussing the details of each others fursonas. And I always enjoy the threads you're famous for, Symphony, because it means I and others get to share.

If someone is uncomfortable, I sort of think its in their court to casually ignore these things because I think a big reason a lot of people are here is because of their openness and willingness to share.

Who the hell is Ewan Bushmill?
A reference: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire people who can write openly about these things, so my hats off for that

I am lazy for it, lazy might be wrong word to put it, how about I'm not expierenced enough? No joke
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in my opinion, Symphony should make a thread and those who would openly discuss such a theme are welcome inside, Those who wouldn't should generally read and ignore.

I have no qualms about going into full detail here.
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe lazy/inexperience but sure can tease well goddess. <_<

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my main concern has mostly been that not many would respond to the threads that are about sexual details, though now that I think about it, some of my most active threads have been about sex. So I might just have to see if I can come up with some more ideas for threads.

I'm still thinking that it might end up like the sexual details in fursona descriptions, where only a few will be interested in participating.

The Mayflower Diaries
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Symphony, you could try asking about why we chose their jobs, their personalities, what would be a reason for the furson's story to come to Bon Bon, etc.

I'm sure people would join.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thread that started it all for me:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7043

I think it's a good place to start.

The Mayflower Diaries
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never actually posted a profile for Tadelesh as such, only posted his description in the requests for avatars thread. However, perhaps I could do so, and include sexual details in it. I definitely remember going into great detail about his sexual preferences before, if only I could find where that post is. I believe it was in that kinks thread you mentioned, Symphony.

As for why some people do and others don't, I think the reasons have all been covered. Personally, I don't see a problem with it and I would be happy to do it myself, though it does mean that a bit of mystery in the bedroom is lost. Laughing If you happen to browse my Fur Affinity gallery, you'll be able to see some of Tadelesh's preferences anyway.. Embarassed

kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer not to go into it much, myself. If someone really needs to know, they'd be in bed with me.

Besides, I reserve the right to indulge different whims as the mood strikes or what seems to amuse the other person. Timid and sweet, forceful and eager, or teasing and collected. Razz
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadelesh wrote:
I never actually posted a profile for Tadelesh as such, only posted his description in the requests for avatars thread. However, perhaps I could do so, and include sexual details in it. I definitely remember going into great detail about his sexual preferences before, if only I could find where that post is. I believe it was in that kinks thread you mentioned, Symphony.
The link to the thread where you posted those details is in my post above yours.

I've been thinking of starting a couple of threads about such details, mostly things that some may have answered briefly before, but I doubt that many would care to respond. The fursona threads don't seem to get as much attention as they used to, and the ones relating to sex don't interest everyone here.

Tadelesh wrote:

As for why some people do and others don't, I think the reasons have all been covered. Personally, I don't see a problem with it and I would be happy to do it myself, though it does mean that a bit of mystery in the bedroom is lost.

It's true that posting about such details may reveal some secrets you'd rather save for some other occasion. Personally it's never been a problem for me though, as I don't plan to roleplay such scenes, and what I've written only serves as the foundation for the things I'm planning to write.

The Mayflower Diaries
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1