FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Re: Enterprise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
electrondady1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Enterprise Reply with quote

HSHP wrote:
As for Enterprise? I'm starting to think the series should've died with Rodenberry. Time travelling to the WWII era is bad enough, but a Nazi alien? Do you want me to beat you? I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being the show's last season unless Brannon Braga can pull something seriously great out of his ass.

the rumor i heard about enterprise is that there bringing data in for three episodes to save the ratings. its unfortunate that the new writors or producers saw fit to ignore forty years of startrek mitholigy i just hope the captan archer can stay dead.
HSHP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electrondady1 wrote:
the rumor i heard about enterprise is that there bringing data in for three episodes to save the ratings. its unfortunate that the new writors or producers saw fit to ignore forty years of startrek mitholigy i just hope the captan archer can stay dead.

First, Archer's not dead, just severely burned it seems. Second, it's not Data they're bringing it, just his actor, Brent Spiner as an ancestor of Data's creator.

While I agree with the writers being complete idiots, what part of the mythology did they up and ignore? To be fair to them, this is the first we've heard of the original Enterprise and her missions. The only thing we knew up to now about that era was Zephram Cochran. I mean, the time travel storyline in the first season was really stupid, but I don't remember them screwing up too much from what's already been shown of the future.

What's going to suck this season is they're going to focus more on the sexual aspect instead of the actual story (An interpretation of what Braga said, I just don't remember where I saw it to bother looking up the exact quote. Really don't like him in charge).
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I agree. The show is getting to be slightly lame. But I'm still hooked on seeing what happens.

They always bring in the Borg to increase ratings.... (Voyager for instance.) Of course 7 of 9 was pretty hot... Smile

Now they just need to add more chicks to enterprise. and voila!

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
electrondady1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they fumbled the ball with enterprise right from the start they put in animosity between the humans and vulcans. i always thought the vulcan culture was cool and when any one went to vulcan , it was interesting. now there is no neck pinch or mind melds they introduce a new species every week but none of them are mentioned in "later programs". the entire season devoted to the zindi ? a soap opera . the individual epesodes must stand on there own . i think the enterprise show lacks the moral dimension that was inherant in startrek under rodenbery. and i dislike scot bakula altogether.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a big time Trek fan, but the current leadership of the franchise has just ruined it. They’ve spent more than 35 years building this universe and populating it with characters, and yet they insist on ignoring it. I really loved TNG and DS9, but when Voyager came along, they had to throw the ship to the other side of the galaxy, so re-visiting existing characters, planets, and storylines were not possible. Enterprise got even worse, because now we’re in the past, with no way to check in on the franchise we all watched for so many years. DS9 ended with Sisko in the wormhole, and they’ve never shown a spark of interest in bringing him back. The end of Voyager was a big let down, because the last five minutes of the last show were where things would start to get interesting. How does the crew re-adjust to life in the Alpha quadrant? What do the former Marquee crew members do, now that the war they were fighting is over? How does Seven of Nine handle Earth? And over on DS9, what’s happening with the Dominion and the Gamma quadrant? Did Bajor ever gain admittance into the Federation? Has Nog made captain yet?

And not just cast members, but all the guest stars who could turn up again, like in the early years of DS9, like Q and Vash. Instead, we have a series set in a time that doesn’t allow people like me, who have been following this franchise for so many years, to keep up with things. I stopped watching Enterprise somewhere in the second season, and don’t really care about anything I’ve read for upcoming shows. I’d rather see the Enterprise-E again, with Riker as captain (I doubt Patrick Stewart would ever return in a series), and a crew made up of members from the other shows along with some new folks.

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
The end of Voyager was a big let down, because the last five minutes of the last show were where things would start to get interesting. How does the crew re-adjust to life in the Alpha quadrant? What do the former Marquee crew members do, now that the war they were fighting is over? How does Seven of Nine handle Earth? And over on DS9, what’s happening with the Dominion and the Gamma quadrant? Did Bajor ever gain admittance into the Federation? Has Nog made captain yet?

Yeah- I am with you on the Seven of Nine part.... They need to get her back!!!

Somehow the StarTrek franchise is dying.... No more movies. Kinda lame. Well- they did have "Q" appear after the TNG in various Voyager episodes.

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
roxstar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a treckie but I did enjoy the Next Generation series.
Always wondered
if Seven of Nine is Seven of Nine does that mean theres 8 more fit babes somewhere too?
electrondady1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was hopeing that after the voyager series ended they would make a seven of nine movie i was quite smitten with jerry ryans character. it must be tough in hollywood if your a visionary. the system is geared for yesmen and power brokers. anyone could write a screen play like that on a weekend. off the top of my head , how about seven's child is assimilated and she goes after another borg queen to get the kid back. even the enterprise series could have concentrated on the formation of the "federation" if i'm not mistaken even in"kirks" time there were supposed to be 120 members. they could have had a new member world join every week and had a five year run on tv. that would have filled in a very interesting part of the mythos of startrek
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true star trek fan! geesh - I didn't know they had 120 members in the federation.... But you're right. with the universe so vast... you'd thing it'd have more then 120 by now.

Jeff is right tho... they've encountered so many species- why not develeop them so more.

Well- they did develop the Andorians... Interesting race.

What I really want to know is the true origin of the Borgs. They made a movie on that.... But if they want more ratings - I think a whole series based on some Voyager chars, some DS9 chars, some STTNG chars and develop more on the Borg and that other race that the Borgs are scared of. Species 12334? (whatever that number is)

Wildcard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard rumor that there could be a Voyager movie in the future, and that Janeway's appearance in Star Trek: Nemesis was a lead in for this. The beginning of the cross over from one Trek crew to the next. Guess only time will tell for sure.

On the subject of Enterprise, I hope they NEVER AGAIN do a full season devoted to one objective. I got so sick of hearing about the Zindi council that I wanted the Borg to come along and assimilate them all.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
craigfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEATH TO ALL TREKIES!
Wildcard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:
DEATH TO ALL TREKIES!

Well at least you didn't say Trekers. Mr. Green

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
electrondady1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't consider myself a treki . its just ,the show painted an optimistic view of the future which is rare. my brain chemestry is such that i forget very little. but i don't speak klingon or have a costume. sorry.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcard wrote:
On the subject of Enterprise, I hope they NEVER AGAIN do a full season devoted to one objective. I got so sick of hearing about the Zindi council that I wanted the Borg to come along and assimilate them all.

Bring on the Borg! Yeah. That Zindi shit was kinda lame. Very annoying. We need more T'Pol naked episodes!! haha...

We need her doing captain Archer now....

I mean on a small ship she needs to explore her human sexuality. Sleeping with multiple partners! hahaa...

Wildcard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd rather see her exploring her sexual relations with Reed, and then maybe move on to Hoshi to give some kinky girl/girl action a try. Mr. Green

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcard wrote:
I think I'd rather see her exploring her sexual relations with Reed, and then maybe move on to Hoshi to give some kinky girl/girl action a try. Mr. Green

Yes!!! She needs to explore the girl girl stuff with Hoshi. Right on!

Wildcard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that would really ring your chimes, Ron. Perhaps they could have a few episodes devoted to it - HEEHEE!

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the news is out.... Enterprise has been cancelled.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/9469.html

Personally, I thought the show needs to end. Nothing exciting on the show except the vulcan hottie. Question is what will be the next StarTrek show, or will there be one? I think the whole StarTrek tv and movies franchise maybe be coming to an end.

Share your thoughts!

-R

Wildcard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Trek on TV has to end like this. Hard to believe Enterprise couldn't even outshine the likes of Deep Space Nine. I'd love to see Voyager brought back, but with the way they botched Enterprise I'd hate to see them do the same thing to Voyager. Perhaps in a year or two, after a break from Star Trek, Berman could make a Voyager movie for the silver screen and restore glory to Star Trek. I'm very doubtful we'll be seeing another Trek TV series, as I believe Enterprise was said to be the final one back when it first got started. There was always rumor about doing a show centered around Starfleet academy, or one which focused primarily on the Klingons, but I think those were fanciful musings that will never see the light of day. If Enterprise truly is over and this isn't just a ploy to shock Trek fans into a renewed ferver for the show, then I don't see Berman going back to try and merge aspects of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Voyager in a desperate effort to launch a new Trek series. As much as I hate to see Star Trek reach its end on TV, it was inevitable anyway with Enterprise having to draw to a close at some point. No Trek series has gone beyond seven years, and I didn't expect Enterprise to be any different. It's a real shame though that it's come up short, in more than one way.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
HSHP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible they could do a series with the Enterprise B. A series on C would be short lived considering we already know what happens there. I think, unless Enterprise is the end of Trek on TV, an Acadamy series would be interesting, as long as they didn't make it into the usual school-series fare. I don't think anyone here wants to see "Saved By The Bell: The Federation Years". Rolling Eyes Though a Klingon one would probably be more action packed, I think it might be kind of limited, depending on when they set it. It's really too bad Gene Roddenberry died. Without him, the vision of Star Trek kind of got dilluted.

Though, looking on IMDB.com, I did find this. Trek might not be dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408305/

Also, I think this guy says it best why ST is where it is.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408305/board/nest/15029594
Wildcard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSHP wrote:
I think, unless Enterprise is the end of Trek on TV, an Acadamy series would be interesting, as long as they didn't make it into the usual school-series fare. I don't think anyone here wants to see "Saved By The Bell: The Federation Years". Rolling Eyes Though a Klingon one would probably be more action packed, I think it might be kind of limited, depending on when they set it.

I think in the tradition of Star Trek, it needs to have Starfleet being at the heart of it, so the Starfleet Academy concept would probably have the better chance as a new series to (and forgive me for this but I just have to say it) live long and prosper. Smile

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
King Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe Enterprise got another season while a great show like Angel got canned last year... Stupid TV execs!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to agree with all the things you've said Wildcard. And well said too.

I don't know if I'm going to be interested in a Starfleet Academy concept. (like what HSHP") That is more or less going to be very "Roswell" or "Smallville" like... (Teen Drama?)

Sounds like "90210/Save By the Bell/Private Benjamin" scenario of college or something....

I guess it could be interesting if done right. But after seeing how Enterprised failed... I've lost hope for the StarTrek series... Voyager was lame and I was surprised it got as far as it did. I actually started watching Voyager when they introduced "7 of 9". I think that was the only thing that saved the show. Just when it got really fun and interesting, the show ended.

But then again the best characters out of that series, according to the ratings and fans, were the Doctor and Seven of Nine. Why the hell did they go off and start something new when they could have centered the story around more of Seven of Nine and how she adjusted with the new earth life?

It's not like these actors are in retirement mode where they're never wanting to act again on TV. I can see Generations crew not wanting to do TV series anymore... But there were some cast members that are available to do TV series. Why not pull them all together and make a new story and go on with the continuity. More Borg invasions or something.

Well.... The way I see it is--- Enterprise was just a failed attempt at capitalizing on Scott Bakula and turning it into a "Quantum Leap" like show. I mean seriously... The whole Temporal ColdWar crap, Time Traveling, Daniels... I mean... it's a Quantum Leap knock off... Daniels = "Al" in a sorta way.... The Season Finales were almost like the endings of a Quantum Leap episode. Nice try... but no cigar.

I like time traveling stuff and all... But they really did a sloppy job with it in this show. It was interesting in the first season but they didn't progress it enough to hold interest. Everything in the show was dragging the epic arc story out a bit too long. (There was one mystery in the story arc that I never got... Who was that guy from the future that gave orders to the Suliban.???)

Season 4 is a complete failure. I think the producers realized the show was going to fail and decided to get an escape goat....
After reading this article:
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/9549.html

Quote:

Q: When did you realize that the fourth season was going to be the one where you would have more creative control, and thus be able to do more tie-ins with the Original Series era aliens and plot lines?

A: I think I realized it fairly early on. I was on the show when Season 4 got picked up, and Rick and Brannon brought me in and said, you're going to be running the writing staff, which also means I'm the one coming up with stories.

Gee... Sounds to me like Rick and Brannon decided point the fingers at why the show got canceled to Manny Coto to me...

Quote:

Q: And they were O.K. with the new direction?

A: Oh yeah, they were excited. They were very supportive and a lot of great ideas for this season actually came from them as well. They weren't just sitting back listening to what I was saying, they were throwing ideas out and enhancing the stuff [the writing staff] came up with.

LOL. Boy... Rick and Brannon did a great job enhancing the stuff... that's why it got canceled. LOL.

Well... I heard there is some campaign by the fans to save the show....

Gawd... Give the show a rest...

Maybe if the did a new show that is totally based on Mirror Universe... Where the writers have new freedom to write without having to worry about continuity... That might be interesting.

King Snarf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror Universe? I'm all for it, unless we're subjected to evil Neelix.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I can see Generations crew not wanting to do TV series anymore...

It wasn't that they didn't want to, it was the issue of the high pay the cast was demanding for continuing to do the TV series. So the decision was made to transfer the series over into a new generation of Trek movies in order to justify paying the cast what they wanted. I'm not sure if Michael Dorn was ever paid extra for reprising his role as Worf in the final years of Deep Space Nine, or if he just chose to do the show on the same amount of pay he'd been receiving prior to the end of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Blog piece by Ron Moore:

http://blog.scifi.com/battlestar/archives/2005/02/index.html#a000017

And in other news....
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30368
http://www.enterprisefans.com/

Fans are trying to get season 5 of Enterprise to be picked up....

I'd be surprised to see if this stunt actually works.

-R

King Snarf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've learned from Angel's cancellation last year that fan campaigns don't work. Basically, the key thing for Enterprise fans to do is a) watch the remaining episodes, b) watch it if it gets picked up in syndication, and c) buy the DVD's. The last two steps were what gave Family Guy a second chance.
HSHP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcard wrote:
HSHP wrote:
I think, unless Enterprise is the end of Trek on TV, an Acadamy series would be interesting, as long as they didn't make it into the usual school-series fare. I don't think anyone here wants to see "Saved By The Bell: The Federation Years". Rolling Eyes Though a Klingon one would probably be more action packed, I think it might be kind of limited, depending on when they set it.

I think in the tradition of Star Trek, it needs to have Starfleet being at the heart of it, so the Starfleet Academy concept would probably have the better chance as a new series to (and forgive me for this but I just have to say it) live long and prosper. Smile

Actually, I just remembered that there was a comic book called "Starfleet Acadamy". It even starred Nog from DS9 and ran during the time he was off the show at the Acadamy and was a really good book. I just wish I had the whole series. I missed one issue.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Snarf wrote:
I've learned from Angel's cancellation last year that fan campaigns don't work. Basically, the key thing for Enterprise fans to do is a) watch the remaining episodes, b) watch it if it gets picked up in syndication, and c) buy the DVD's. The last two steps were what gave Family Guy a second chance.

Actually, if I recall.... (I may be wrong.) But the fan campaigns did save Roswell the second or the third year. Can't remember which. But fans sent in bottles of tabasco sauce to the network to get it picked up again.

It's been a while. That was one of my favorite shows as well. Sadly, it got cancelled, but then again, the magic of the show started failing by the third season anyways. Too many plot holes, and the twist and turns was just starting to go far far off the deep ends.

Another tv show that went totally far off was War of the Worlds.

I'm still curious to find out what the next Star Trek show will be....
(Mirror Universe!! Seven of Nine and T'Pol gets together and have lesbian sex!!)

For now, I have to say Battle Star Galactica (the new series) rocks!!

I got a chance to watch the mini series and all of season 1. Number Six (The Hot Cyclon) is just smoking hot!!

-R

electrondady1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: enterprise etc. Reply with quote

as far as enterprise goes im' glad they killed it . i think it was poorly cast and writen right fron the start . what some body forgot is that star trek was allways an action show . even though it was a thoughtful series the plot lines moved right along . one show i wish they could have given more time to was called firefly i thought it was a great show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2