FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Do you consider RPs to be fursona canonical?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Do you consider RPs to be fursona canonical? Reply with quote

I'm curious about the way people view RPs and the fursonas of the members participating in them. If you're roleplaying with someone, do you consider the past of their fursona to include the things that they have done in previous roleplays?

and do you update your own fursona after you've roleplayed?

I'm just curious because I've seen examples of fursona descriptions where something didn't match the things they've been doing in roleplays.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Maxwell The Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think that the RP's I participate in don't have to be chronological, But I have updated the history and profile due to events in RPs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm just curious because I've seen examples of fursona descriptions where something didn't match the things they've been doing in roleplays.

*guilty* ^_^
I do my best to stay true to my character's original construct ,but I sometimes stray away from my fursona's norms from time to time. Trying something different can be quiet fun on occasion.

Quote:
If you're roleplaying with someone, do you consider the past of their fursona to include the things that they have done in previous roleplays?

No
I don't mention details like those unless my partner(member that I'm RPing with)brings it up first.

Quote:

Sometimes.

Example - I created my residence an RP, I even kept the back story to how I acquired it.
-But
some of the more creative and abstract change, will not be added permanently to my fursona.

(I hope this information was helpful)

Last edited by Texas_Wildlife on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a safe distance between myself and my characters. They posess traits of mine, but I'm not trying to "recreate" myself. It prevents "god-moding".

I want to try to keep Ernest's accuracy in tact, but Caius is fodder. Nobody gives a shit about him.
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to acknowledge anything I had done in previous RPs up and to a point. For instance, my old RP, New Arrival, eventually got into such a far-fetched storyline that I just couldn't consider it a part of Samuel's history. The events of The Mistresses and the Male Slaves has, and probably will continue to remain a canonized part of Samuel's life. I believe it's important for him to have a few people that know what he's done and still accept him. This way he can eventually move more towards self-forgiveness.
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I participate in certain RPs, I try to stay as close to the profile as possible. Also, I integrate some of the RPs to my story as best as possible.
grllover23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. I RP each RP as if its all the same world, just at different times. Except for the really 'out there' ones, like the Mysterious Theif Razz

But for the Knight is not Enough and Lorettas Bedroom, I try to keep them all in the same 'story' so to peak.

-Yours Truly, Loretta xoxo
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you consider RPs to be fursona canonical? Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
I'm curious about the way people view RPs and the fursonas of the members participating in them. If you're roleplaying with someone, do you consider the past of their fursona to include the things that they have done in previous roleplays?

well you also have to put how true is the rp in comparison to the base story of bon bon is it dead center like mystress and male slaves or is it way the hell in left field like Mysterous thieves.
as for my own fursona i would update it if anything drastic should occur but besides that ,mindset wise hes still obeservent of what people do and say and how they react to certen situations around him like a true pschiatrist should
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/

Last edited by The Adept on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that since I'm have come to bonbon and join the RP's I have chanced, maybe I have to updated my description.

But I like the way it happens lots of sex and much friends.

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find them to be something like sidestories to some of the various ways people can percieve one individual character. It can be taken seriously for me, hence my rather... reluctance lately to get to the next post in my roleplays lately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1