FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
A hot day calls for icecream (Open RP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Writer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id be happy to give out some pointers. most comes with imagination, knowledge of words, and what your style of writing is.

And yes, I do wear a bag on my head. Why do you ask?
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.... My fault is my limited knowledge of vocabulary terms that relate to erotica.

Do I need to go buy some erotic books and take notes or is there another way?

Last edited by Texas_Wildlife on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
grllover23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read. Read read read and don't stop reading. That is my tip on how to expand upon your vocabulary. Read and always have a dictionary or the internet nearby, for whenever you come across a word you do not understand, look it up and learn exactly what it means in the given context. That is the best way to expand upon your vocabulary. And don't limit yourself to a single author in your reading, read various books by various author to get a grand spectrum of words to utilize at your whim.

-Yours Truly, Loretta xoxo
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo, a fellow erotic writer. cool

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_Wildlife wrote:
Ah.... My fault is my limited knowledge of vocabulary terms that relate to erotica.

Do I need to go by some erotic books and take notes or is there another way?
bah! details are important, even little ones. make them as large as everything else, each moan, each movement, each rush of ecstasy. and if your vocabulary fails you, use a thesaurus.

Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i skimmed over the actual scene and it was pretty good. at what level do you write this stuff MW? small time hobby? amateur literature? professional erotic writer?

Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grllover23 wrote:
Read. Read read read and don't stop reading. That is my tip on how to expand upon your vocabulary. Read and always have a dictionary or the internet nearby, for whenever you come across a word you do not understand, look it up and learn exactly what it means in the given context. That is the best way to expand upon your vocabulary. And don't limit yourself to a single author in your reading, read various books by various author to get a grand spectrum of words to utilize at your whim.

I usually write my posts on microsoft word before I submit them( word has a dictionary & thesaurus app).
I'm not a big erotica reader. If you have any books you would like to suggest, i would appreciate it.

Silvador wrote:

bah! details are important, even little ones. make them as large as everything else, each moan, each movement, each rush of ecstasy. and if your vocabulary fails you, use a thesaurus.

Being descriptive isn't the problem, My problem is being original, I often run of vocabulary terms to describe a situation appropriately
without repeating myself.

Now that I think about it, My biggest problem is not my vocabulary, its just a lack of experience. I'm not a writer so I can't really expect myself to be match this level of story telling, not right away at least.
grllover23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to read erotica to gain a harness on language. Read any novel which features even a minor love story. I myself am currently reading Dune and beyond the action and sci-fi aspect it also has a romantic side which is quite inspiring. I highly recommend it.

Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grllover23 wrote:
You don't need to read erotica to gain a harness on language. Read any novel which features even a minor love story. I myself am currently reading Dune and beyond the action and sci-fi aspect it also has a romantic side which is quite inspiring. I highly recommend it.

Thank you ^_^

I'm gonna go look up that book right away
Maxwell The Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when's the parlour open again?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a professional writer, but im not an author yet. Ive been working to get my works published for some time now, mostly working with Dark Horse Entertainment, Lighthouse Interactive, and Flagship Studio. I keep running into the problem again and again where they seemed to love the manuscript, but prefer to buy the idea for one lump sum and use inhouse writers to expand on the universe for what ever reason. For some people thats cool, but writing is something personal to me. I fall in love with each character i make, and wish nothing but to live in the worlds i create. If i sell an idea out, it no longer becomes my idea. That means they can develope my characters and universe as they see fit and theres nothing i can do about it.

I cant sell out my ideas like that, but sadly im probably going to be forced to in order to cover printing costs for my other works. Alot of publishers today wont touch your story unless one of two requirements are met:

you have a sponcer company willing to flip the printing and advertisment costs

or you publish under thier lable if they accept you.

im 24, i dont have the expirence necessary, or so they think, to stick with a series and compeat with the big leagues. most authors ive talked to said they had to sell a few ideas out before they were accepted into the mainstream.

A good author i would recomend is Nora Roberts. She helped me get into writing romance (before, i was mostly just scifi/fantasy and horror) and she does amazing work with love stories. Not so much erotica, but she uses alot of imagery when describing emotions.

As far as what i use, i dont edit my own work. In school, i have never passed a spelling test and i know its the one thing my editor wants to kill me for lol. MW is a good program to use, but if i really get worried about editing, i just write it all out in yahoo mail and do spellcheck from there. if anything its free.

Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting. this is just me, it might be a dumb idea, it might be a good idea, who knows; if they wanted to buy the rights in a lump sum like that, i'd make them draw up some kind of contract that would require my personal involvement with any and all expansions to the characters and universe of the story. some might not like it, some may accept, depending on how good they think the story is.

for myself it's more of a hobby. i wrote a piece, posted it on a site and a few people said i should post it on Yiffstar, so i did. about 4-5 months later i'm doing... well, i'm not doing bad that's for sure. if i was ever to publish my work it would likely be in some kind of a short stories format as that's pretty much what most of my stuff is, short... like a couple of pages, though they are slowly growing in size as i write more.

i use Microsoft Word for my writing. i don't write a great deal, mostly just when i'm in the mood. anything from a few paragraphs to a couple of pages depending on how into it i get. i've never been that good at actually creating things from scratch, most of my stuff is inspired from other sources. as for editing, i've picked up a little bit of a feel for the flow of writing, i thoroughly enjoy reading and would do a lot more of it if i wasn't usually distracted by my computer games. i usually leave what i've written for about a day or two then return and reread what i've written and edit accordingly to make it flow better, adding details, changing wording, correcting spelling and so forth.

Mr Writer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

******CHAPTER 2*******

Alexi scrunched his brow, trying to angle the candel just right to see the body clearly while he drew. The light flickered off of Loretta's naked body, only slightly covered in the sheets which dance when ever a slight breeze ran through the room. Alexi licked his thumb, smearing a few poils together for a filling effect. He had spent the last three hours awake, his head swimming with story ideas, and scene examples. He had to get them on paper somehow, he had to pour them onto his canvase, his brain refused to lethis body rest unless he had done this.

Loretta shiftd slightly in her sleep, her angelic and erotic vasage while she slept pulling at Alexi's heart. A sleeping cat, streached out on the bed with a cool morning breeze blowing through the sheets.

Alexi saw this and found himself sated, at ease, and calm. he loved watching her sleep, as it filled him with a calm that he haddent felt in years. he used this calm to steady his hands when working with the paints and oils, creating something of a magnificant portrate on his lambskin canvase. He touched up her purple hair, and finished drawing the bed with her laying down. the tease of the nipples under the see-through sheets, the slightly gaped mouth taking in that lovely sweet air. Her wiskers dancing ever so slightly to her dreams, the makeup over her closed eyes, even the glistin of her diamond earings, he captured everything into this picture of the sleeping goddess. He made one final touch to the bottom right corner of the canvase, Alexi's signature.
He rarly did any type of painting this serious anymore, mostly time crunched with creating the pictures and drawings for his next publication, but he felt this occasion special. So special, in fact, that he had the intention of giving it to her as thanks for the wonderful and unforgettable night.

Alexi got up after signing his name to the painting, and looked over his small stack of frames. He picked out a dark red, cherrywood frame with victorian frills carved, but ended up knocking over his stack. Alexi flinched when the three frames hit the floor with a loud crack. The days first light was only slightly visable, she would probably be angry for being woken up so early.

grllover23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loud crashing woke Loretta up with a start. She looked about, getting her bearings and remembering the night before. With a yawn she stretched, flaunting her body shamelessly, knowing Alexi was well within sight, then stood. She flexed her back a bit to work out the kinks then smiled at him.

"Morning," she said, walking over and giving him a friendly kiss on the cheek, then going back to her pile of cloths and working her fishnet stockings back on. "Last night was mozt wonderful," she said.

Mr Writer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexi, stand in only his jeans, swished his tail and slumped slightly.

"Forgive me, I do not mean to wake you." he said, half meaning it from watching her erotic flaunt of her body past him, her tail teasingly running accross his face, pulling his chin with it. He folded his arms and leaned against the wall, staring at her fumbling with her clothing. Thinking back at the night prior, he was starting to get hard again.

"You are amazing yourself." he chuckled, as he walked over to the now halfnaked Loretta, grabbing her hips from behind, his bulge rubbing along the valley of her rear.

He started kissing her neck again, distracting her from her dress until her hands became too weak to hold it up anymore. Alexi expertly walked her over to the easle, keeping her attention on the erotic torture when he placed his snout on her shoulder, and pointed in front of her.

"You have inspired great many ideas. I create this for you, a thank you for helping me with ideas."

grllover23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loretta smiled and wiggled her rear into his bulge. "I'm glad I 'ave 'elped," she said, pulling her panties up then sliding into her dress, "I look forward to more modeling zessionz with you. Although," she looked at him slightly nervously, "I do 'ope zat zey do not all end up like last night. No offenze to you, Monsuier, it waz amazing, itz juzt zat I don't feel preziceley zat way of you, and I cannot always...give freebiez, you know." she frowned slightly and blushed abit, afraid she may have hurt his feelings.

-Your's Truly, Loretta xoxo
Mr Writer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexi raised his eyebrow at her. He started feeling incomfortable as she frowned.

"I-Im sorry I do not follow."

Alexi just looked at her for a moment, when it hit him.

"Oh...oh dear girl I hope you did not take last night as meaning to something."

He started rubing his chin, trying to think of how to explain this to her without sounding like a rude knave. He still wanted her as his model, but he knew that if he tried to explain the situation, she would think him rude, and he would be back at square one in looking for a model.

Alexi sighed.
"This why you never sleep with the model", he thought.

grllover23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A look of relief passed over Loretta and she smiled again. "Oh zat is mozt comforting to 'here'." she said, strapping the shoulder of her dress and slipping into her shoes. Now comforted that they were both on the same page as far as the previous night was concerned, she turned to face him once more, "Zo, when zhall I return for ze next zession?"

-Yours Trully, Loretta xoxo
Maxwell The Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Rips out Heart)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4