FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Where does your fursona live in Bon Bon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Symphony,

More stuff for Chateau Mayflower.

Okay, I've been thinking about the front door... and it hasn't quite solidified in my immagination on what it would be. But your estate wall has.

For some reason, I just immagine Chateau Mayflower having a brick-and-stone decorative wall around the outside of the estate grounds. A high... maybe 3.0- 3.5 meter high wall... (about 10 - 12 feet, if my conversion is correct). A daunting obsticle... to those who are unimaginative. As, all along the wall I just see flowering vines. Vines that, to those fans who want to sneak onto the estate, or to those fans who want to confess their undieing affections to you, can be used to climb over the wall.

So... *shrug* I dunno. I just kinda liked the idea. The red-brick, and grey-stone walls decorated in flowering, green, vines just appealed to me.

You know, Symphony, I think this is one of the bestest threads ever. I'm having a blast just daydreaming about Chateau Mayflower.))
furrynerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fursona lives in a shed like house in the south east side of the castle in the woods.

Ling/Lee:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13105&sid=14034a5e4aec94ff37884ea7194a8743
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Just thought I'd move this back to the top again, as I find it to be one of the niftier topics we've brought up. For me, it helps the town come alive reading about the other homes and gardens in the neighborhood.))
BioRust

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander lives in an abandonded shack near the train tracks (until he can get enough money to rent out a place). He is rather irritated by the trains that come by.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I am rather surprised by how many members live in ramshakle huts and shacks. I would've thought that most people, those that don't own property, would simply rent. Any city, especially one like Bon Bon, would have an abundance of affordable lodging.
BioRust

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
Honestly, I am rather surprised by how many members live in ramshakle huts and shacks. I would've thought that most people, those that don't own property, would simply rent. Any city, especially one like Bon Bon, would have an abundance of affordable lodging.

True, but you also have to take into consideration that some may not have the money to rent (me Sad ) or possibly just like it better in the wilderness.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as i previously postid a while ago on this my furson owns a very large home on the outskirts of bon bon.

but he built a shack out in his large backgarden so he pretty much rents it out to the working girls on the street and traveller's.

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Maxwell The Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxwell has recently come into a small fortune (Through perfectly Legal means *Cough*) and is planning on Buying some property when he has the source of the money concealed. Living in The Gym is not very pleasant.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioRust wrote:
True, but you also have to take into consideration that some may not have the money to rent (me Sad ) or possibly just like it better in the wilderness.

While some do prefer to live outside of the hustle and bustle of the town (Brandon is a good example) I find it hard to believe that there are so many as all that.

And not having enough to pay rent at even the most slovenly hostel is poppycock. There are always means, if one is willing to look hard enough. There is always a demand for manual labor and while not glamorous it does put food on the table. Or if physical exertion is not your particular cup of tea, I'm sure that the various merchants about town need tough looking fellows to guard their warehouses.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
...And not having enough to pay rent at even the most slovenly hostel is poppycock. There are always means, if one is willing to look hard enough. There is always a demand for manual labor and while not glamorous it does put food on the table. Or if physical exertion is not your particular cup of tea, I'm sure that the various merchants about town need tough looking fellows to guard their warehouses.

*puffs a pipe only to have bubbles blow out* Yes, quite right. Quite right you know. *seemingly adopted a dottering old man's accent* And let us not, of coarse, let us not forget, you see, what TYPE of town we are, of coarse lets not. It is a site built on lust after all, quite right, lust. One could take to the streets if in such destitute.
WhispersShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small home two streets south of the Bon Bon palace. Its a two story building with large windows in the front. Its coloring is a fadded dark green with a balck metal roof. The front has a nice grassed area with neatly trimed bushes. Through the right window you can see a study with a desk strewin with papers and an easel with book shelves lining the walls. In the left window there can be seen a living room with a tea table in the center and a fireplace against the far wall.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=125109#125109
MY HOUSE
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8231&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100[/url]
BioRust

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
BioRust wrote:

While some do prefer to live outside of the hustle and bustle of the town (Brandon is a good example) I find it hard to believe that there are so many as all that.

And not having enough to pay rent at even the most slovenly hostel is poppycock. There are always means, if one is willing to look hard enough. There is always a demand for manual labor and while not glamorous it does put food on the table. Or if physical exertion is not your particular cup of tea, I'm sure that the various merchants about town need tough looking fellows to guard their warehouses.

Of which no roles does Alexander fill, he's not that strong and doesn't look tough. Unless you need a sniper or some traps, he can't do much for ya.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is within your power to change, should you wish to do so.
BioRust

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, I will. I'll see if anyone has a job opening in the morning.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioRust wrote:
Of which no roles does Alexander fill, he's not that strong and doesn't look tough. Unless you need a sniper or some traps, he can't do much for ya.

Well, let's see: snipers have a talent for working with small details, LOTS of patience, an innate precision and are used to complex, finely tuned mechanisms... How about asking a watchmaker or jeweller if they need an apprentice? Very Happy
BioRust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
BioRust wrote:

Well, let's see: snipers have a talent for working with small details, LOTS of patience, an innate precision and are used to complex, finely tuned mechanisms... How about asking a watchmaker or jeweller if they need an apprentice? Very Happy
When I get back from work I'll ask around.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((*Bump*

Just thought I'd move this to the top again, because I, at least, like this thread.

I find it kinda fun to see how people adapt to the 1890s... even if an uncommonly high amount of them seem to live in shanty-towns.

Seriously though... why not have your persona at least live in a "room-to-let" sort of house? Xebulon does. You don't need some cyclopean palace... and living in a "room-to-let" is very period.))
Catherine_Puce
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fursona live on the top of her store. It's a rather imposing stone building. The first floor content the pawnshop with a good sized back-store. There are also the little workshop were Catherine repair and make the shoes and there are the stables. They aren't used except when carriage and cars are put in a secured loans at the pawnshop (while Caroline said that they are often in a separated building when I walk in the old part of the town I can see several old stable at the ground floor. Space in town were rare in the center and need to be used carefully.). The second floor is the living quarter of Miss Puce. It also have a nice setback terrace. The third floor is an attic holding few small appartments. Catherine has problem to rent them for obvious reasons. There are also a basement to keep vine and food cold. The place certainly doesn't lack of lock since her uncle expected to rent easily the attic, thinking that the town will expend a lot. There are a hanging sign with the symbol of the pawnbroker and a the name of the pawnshop writed above the door: "Lombardie chez Puce". She always find the name weird but never dared to change it.

Je pense que c'est une bonne description.

S.P.P.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Catherine,

So, your shop is a pawnshop and farrier? At least I think it's a farrier. Farrier's used to put horseshoes onto horses and draft animals. Or did you mean a pawnshop and cobbler?))
Lancelot Champlange

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an update to this thread, Lancelot now lives with Arianoelle and Crimson at his residence.

Ginny still currently resides at the inn.
Catherine_Puce
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((Catherine,

So, your shop is a pawnshop and farrier? At least I think it's a farrier. Farrier's used to put horseshoes onto horses and draft animals. Or did you mean a pawnshop and cobbler?))

My shop is a pawnshop and a cobbler (or a cordwainer is you prefer. She can both fix or make new shoes). It just have a old stable like a many building of this epoch. Sorry if it wasn't clear the first time I written it.

J'espère que c'est plus clair maintenant.

S.P.P.
grllover23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a quick update of the map with the new listed homes.
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. Keep it up.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanche's shop is missing from the map...
grllover23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:

Where would that be?
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grllover23 wrote:
Martin wrote:

Where would that be?

Exactly next door to the Outback Omnibus, if I remember well...
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a error on the map... You got Scarlet's castle marked as 45 not 47.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Marauder
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone currently runs a small gun shop/ machine shop on the outskirts of town. It's located on one of the local mountain streams, deep and fast enough to run a water wheel at a decent RPM to operate machine tools. The gun shop itself also doubles as the office and contains most of the fine detail tools. The main area of the shop holds his larger projects, and a recent addition uses poser from the wheel to generate electricity. He does generate enough to sell power to some of the businesses which is how he finances his inventions. He lives in a loft above the shop. While he has plenty of space and a bathroom with hot and cold running water (thanks to an immersion resistance heater) the apartment is somewhat noisy, and his furniture including what is in the shop, is old, dingy, mismatched, and beat-up.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pouts* Doah... now I'm not the only one with indoor plumbing and electricity.

Thanks Marauder.
furrynerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok whats people think of mine im in the south east part of the castle in a cabin with a chimney and on the inside its a beautiful wood color my guitars in the corner(most people know of andrew wolf) theres a nice porch people see me play.

Ling/Lee:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13105&sid=14034a5e4aec94ff37884ea7194a8743
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6