FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Alcohol in Bon Bon discussion(Christmas Season)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Alcohol in Bon Bon discussion(Christmas Season) Reply with quote

I came up with the idea for this thread while talking about my favorite drinks on my character thread.
( check out my updated fursona thread) http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8191

I wanted hear everyone’s opinion on this subject. I came up with a few general questions I would like people to think about and answer.
How does your fursona feel about alcohol?
Do you like to drink for any occasions? Do you only drink on special occasions like parties and holidays? Or does your character not drink period?
Do you know your limits?

What is your preferred liquor? Do you prefer spirits, champagne, wine, or beer? What was the best drink you’ve ever had? what drink would you recommend to others?

Or feel free to add anything you think is relevant to this subject.

I would also like to know any special recipes you may have and would like to share. I’m interested in expanding my library of recipes. And I'm willing to share some of my recipes with everyone else.

Christmas Holiday

Christmas is approaching fast as well as new years. This means hundreds of alcohol fueled parties and celebrations.

During the Christmas holiday season does your fursona (or you personally) change its drinking habits?

People do tend to indulge a little more during the holiday season, but I've also noticed that people also tend to get a little more adventurous with different tastes and flavors. Cinnamon, peppermint, cream, and chocolate flavored liquors seem to be a big hit this time of year.

Another change is people tend to buy more drinks that are severed hot. Irish coffee, hot Sake' ,and Adult hot chocolate to name a few.

Do you or your fursona fall into this category?

Last edited by Texas_Wildlife on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:18 am; edited 7 times in total
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m going to start things off.

The way I see it, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a couple of drink with good friends.
Having said that I personally rarely drink outside of parties, holiday, or other various occasions. But there were times when I would just cut loose and go a little over board, it can be rather embarrassing.

I personally prefer spirits, champagne& wine are a close 2nd; I’ve sampled just about everything. I have no know idea what my favorite drink is, it’s hard to choose one drink over another.

I’ve created drink recipes for some of the people who posted on my characters thread.
This drink was created for Symphony.
serve in Highball glass
Ice
¼ oz green apple vodka
¼ oz lemon Liqueur
¼ oz Triple sec (orange Liqueur)
Shake
Top off with
Bar mix (sweet and sour mixer made from sugar and lemon&lime juices)
&
Carbonated citrus soda (basically Sprite or 7up)
Garnish with cherry (for Constance garnish with cherry and a sugar cube)

Taste: I made a small sample with my own stock of liquor, It was missing some elements but I was pleased with the result. The alcohol is not over powering, but I need some work with the balance of sweet and sour, but the overall drink has a crisp and refreshing sensation.
(WARNING: IF YOU MAKE THIS DRINK IN REAL LIFE MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS IN ORDER!)

I also made a pleasant discovery, early versions of sodas existed around Victorian era (history is fun).

Last edited by Texas_Wildlife on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one of my favorite recipes for a nice, cold weather beverage. I don't really have a name for it.

To start with, you'll need a bottle of rum (I prefer spiced rum), a couple gallons of apple cider (store bought works fine but fresh from the farm is best), some cinnamon sticks. Honey and mulling spices are optional.

Set your stovetop to medium, fill up a pot and place it on the stove. I normally use the one I cook pasta in (after it's clean of course), and fill it with the apple cider and rum. I usually use no more than 2/3 cider to 1/3 rum, depending on how strong a drink you want. Drop a couple cinnamon sticks in and let it slowly simmer. If you want it sweeter, and a tablespoon or two of honey to your taste. If you want it a bit spicier, mulling spices. After about an hour it should be ready. Ladle it out and enjoy.

If you happen to find a particular method or combination of ingredients that works for you, this is just a general guide line. Feel free to expiriment.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a reflection of myself, Runai does not really drink very often, unless the situation warrants it, or under an intense amount of stress. Still, if under the right company and not pressured to do so, of course he would. He is especially fond of fruit flavored dacquiries, including strawberry.

Given the chance, I wish I could provide a recipe, but alas, no such luck as I have no idea how to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
Here's one of my favorite recipes for a nice, cold weather beverage.

I don't really have a name for it. To start with, you'll need a bottle of rum (I prefer spiced rum), a couple gallons of apple cider (store bought works fine but fresh from the farm is best), some cinnamon sticks. Honey and mulling spices are optional.

Set your stovetop to medium, fill up a pot and place it on the stove. I normally use the one I cook pasta in (after it's clean of course), and fill it with the apple cider and rum. I usually use no more than 2/3 cider to 1/3 rum, depending on how strong a drink you want. Drop a couple cinnamon sticks in and let it slowly simmer. If you want it sweeter, and a tablespoon or two of honey to your taste. If you want it a bit spicier, mulling spices. After about an hour it should be ready. Ladle it out and enjoy.

If you happen to find a particular method or combination of ingredients that works for you, this is just a general guide line. Feel free to expiriment.

I feel like such an amateur compared to you. Your recipe is vastly superior to anything in my collection of cocktails. And you even took in to account the season when suggesting it.I will defiantly be trying this recipe.
Please tell me where you come across recipes like this one.

Last edited by Texas_Wildlife on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Samuel Blackwing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As amusing as the mental image of a living armature is, I think you meant amateur. Now that the minor nitpick is out of the way, back to the topic.

While Captain Blackwing is a grog man, and there's so many ways to make grog, but I personally like a bit of Irish Cream in my coffee. Baileys is good, but I prefer my own concoction.

1 part Irish Whiskey to 2 parts cream (I just get a carton of the Mayfield stuff from the store), mix together with a bit of vanilla extract. A "bit" being however much you want.
relentless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure my opinions of alcohol are fairly well known by now, i like it strong, often and if possible cold

in rl im a jim and jack man though i mostly drink cause it is the only way to fit into the darwin culture, everyone here drinks and it is such a part of life it makes you weird to be sober, hell i don't think i have been near a party that didn't atleast have lolly water alcohol since i was 13 (supplied by parents of the party goers and hosts i will add)

so to the question: alcohol good
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolly water?
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constance likes a glass of wine once in a while. It's the only kind of alcohol she might drink while alone, and then just a glass or two. At parties she'll drink champagne as well, or a cocktail liek the one you've mentioned. Sweet and refreshing is how she likes it. Very Happy

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
dragonfly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link hardly ever drinks as like me in rl but if he dose have a drink he likes a nice cider or light beer.

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to see how many people actually identify themselves (RL) with their furona's when it comes to alcohol.
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 100% pure ethanol in little brown bottles. Disinfects and deadens pain in particularly loud patients. Laughing

For the rare occasions I drink the stuff, I'll just have a glass of red wine or have some manner of flavored hard liquor. Only happens a couple times a year, though.
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:
I like 100% pure ethanol in little brown bottles. Disinfects and deadens pain in particularly loud patients. Laughing

For the rare occasions I drink the stuff, I'll just have a glass of red wine or have some manner of flavored hard liquor. Only happens a couple times a year, though.

Im sure a chemist such as yourself can appreciate the process of experimenting with several ingredients mixing them together to see how they react with each other? Very Happy
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How does your fursona feel about alcohol?

((Caroline really doesn't have any problems or trouble with it. She has traveled with her Father to St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Kansas City, Dallas, Denver, and even Los Angeles, once. So she's kinda used to seeing inebriated people generally making a fool of themselves.

Quote:
Do you like to drink for any occasions? Do you only drink on special occasions like parties and holidays? Or does your character not drink period?

((Caroline will drink. She tends to drink wiskey... straight. I want to say at one point, one of the wiskey moonshiners even brought her over a cask, but it's been so long since I've read some of those posts.))

Quote:
Do you know your limits?

((In regards to drinking? Myself, or Caroline? Most certainly in both regards. And, being a high tolerance drinker, i know that the biggest problem I have is, if I really want to get hammered, it gets freaking expensive, really freaking fast.))

Quote:
I like 100% pure ethanol in little brown bottles. Disinfects and deadens pain in particularly loud patients.

((Useless trivia time. "Brown Bottled" 100% EtOH usually has some sort of natural discoloration to it. So, in order to keep it from being sent back, it was shipped in brown, or green glass bottles so as it mask the discolored EtOH inside it. EtOH is normally clearer and more colorless than water.

Also... 70% EtOH works best as a disinfectant. At 100%, you get about a 2 log decrease in its ability to act as a sporicidin, anti-septic, virucidin, and the like.))[/quote]
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it works best at 70% (by volume), but I wouldn't buy it that way. I wouldn't personally drink it, either. However chemical plants make it, they always get trace amounts of lead and such in it.
Feingo Ferinton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, those that have been around for a while already know Feingo's view on alchohol. Powerful and in large amounts. It's good for a profit, and even better for forgetting tht which he doesn't want to remember. For the commander, there isn't really any one specific alchohol. As for me, I'm a Vodka and Jack Daniels kind of guy, two of my favorite recipes being:

"Russian Redneck"
1 shot Jack Daniels
2 shots Vodka
Served in a frosted glass.

"Pussy Liquor"
1 glass Cherry Coke
2 shots Vodka
1 Merchino Cherry

Feingo's story:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5873
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feingo Ferinton wrote:
Well, those that have been around for a while already know Feingo's view on alchohol. Powerful and in large amounts. It's good for a profit, and even better for forgetting tht which he doesn't want to remember. For the commander, there isn't really any one specific alchohol. As for me, I'm a Vodka and Jack Daniels kind of guy, two of my favorite recipes being:

"Russian Redneck"
1 shot Jack Daniels
2 shots Vodka
Served in a frosted glass.

"Pussy Liquor"
1 glass Cherry Coke
2 shots Vodka
1 Merchino Cherry

Outstanding!
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_Wildlife wrote:
I feel like such an amateur compared to you. Your recipe is vastly superior to anything in my collection of cocktails. And you even took in to account the season when suggesting it. I will defiantly be trying this recipe.

*shrug* It's just something I expirimented with. As far as I know, I didn't get it from anywhere, unless you count hot apple cider.

Samuel Blackwing wrote:
While Captain Blackwing is a grog man, and there's so many ways to make grog...

I was under the impression that Grog was simply rum cut with water or weak beer. At least, in it's traditional form as it was known in the English Royal Navy.
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
Texas_Wildlife wrote:
I feel like such an amateur compared to you. Your recipe is vastly superior to anything in my collection of cocktails. And you even took in to account the season when suggesting it. I will defiantly be trying this recipe.

*shrug* It's just something I expirimented with. As far as I know, I didn't get it from anywhere, unless you count hot apple cider.

Samuel Blackwing wrote:
While Captain Blackwing is a grog man, and there's so many ways to make grog...

I was under the impression that Grog was simply rum cut with water or weak beer. At least, in it's traditional form as it was known in the English Royal Navy.

Shocked
Everything you say makes me feel like a skill-less hack.
Where do you learn these things?
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_Wildlife wrote:
Shocked
Everything you say makes me feel like a skill-less hack.
Where do you learn these things?

Live in a really... er, crappy, townhouse that has little to no heating and with violently schizophrenic roommates and I guarantee you'll learn a few things about alcohol. dry
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
Live in a really... er, crappy, townhouse that has little to no heating and with violently schizophrenic roommates and I guarantee you'll learn a few things about alcohol. dry

Shocked .....................
relentless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerin Nekros wrote:
lolly water?

excessively sweet drinks like Bacardi breezer, vodka rush, UDL generally the types of alcohol that kids like because it tastes sweet as opposed to beer or things like that which kids can't stand
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah. surprisingly enough the only beer i couldn't stand was the light stuff like corona. I actually liked the darker beers like porters and stouts, which i ronically my mother finds absolutely disgusting.
relentless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to each his own personally i always lover a good whiskey or bourbon, found lolly water made me sick and beer tasted too much like piss
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

relentless wrote:
well to each his own personally i always lover a good whiskey or bourbon, found lolly water made me sick and beer tasted too much like piss

Hard liquor, i love whiskey and gin.
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this alcohol talk thinking we need a pub here now.

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are 2 pubs that i know of.

The Golden Glass http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7239
&
Lions Den http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5831

go check them out.
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is doing a great job.
But I'd like to get more details

Do you you have a favorite brand? Do you only buy premium or are u satisfied with cheap stuff?

I prefer premium spirits over cheaper ones only when Im taking a straight shot or making a cocktail with little additives like juice and syrup.
But when you are making mixed drinks (like White Russian , Sea Breeze , and Fuzzy Navel)its ok to use cheaper spirits.

in addition to the other questions, I would like to ask.

Do you act differently when you drink at parties? Do you act differently to those around you when you have a drink? Are you friendly, angry, adventurous, flirty , quiet , annoying when you have drink?
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like alcohol with some one. Then I will drink some of his/ her fur. Then I will lick the fur until the alcohol is gone then I will kiss and suck it softly.

I like barcardi cola and berenburg cola. Some sweet white wine. Some one to drink the same drink and then kiss eachtother and share the drank.

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I only drink, at max, twice a year. There is little detail to tell of my habits, as I have none.

Honestly, I really don't care for it at all. I have a family history of alcohol abuse going back a few generations. I only drink when my parents pressure me to while I visit them. And after the second drink, I want to go home and sleep. You can't spell 'intoxicant' without toxic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3