FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
What makes you think 'you' are who 'you' are?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: What makes you think 'you' are who 'you' are? Reply with quote

I have no idea how to form the title easier (speaks dutch) so forgive me if someone thought I insulted them XD cuz it's nooooooooooot.
I try to make a nice topic that many can enjoy...

So ...

I was wondering, Labrn, Mystic are a kittycat, Aaron a wolf, Henk a Cobra (with 2 *beeps* explain me that one will ya?), Vanessa a beautiful kitty! Lidia a ferret
this question is for everyone, I try to give examples with my horrible explanation! XD L O L

What have made you choose for this species? What was the drop that made the bucket flow and made you say: I want to be drawn like that! I feel connection? What is so special that it makes 'you' 'you'
you know what what what what whaaaaaaaaaaaat XD tell me everything!

That is the question... SO ANSWER IT!!! *gives the Achmed the dead terorist look* or i'll keeeel yuuuuuu J O K E of F A I L

So, i'll explain mines, 'I' is a Kamaya. An acient species (that I made up btw) that don't breed anymore, since they are immortal. Kamaya is THEIR launguage for 'The Elders, Gods'
Ka-Maya is a species that have a lot of similarities of: Lion, cat, ferret, mink, acctuelly containing every DNA of each species in their blood. For they started 'life' themself. So everyone is an decendant from the KaMaya's.
(think of it as Mew the pokemon and every pokemon is a child of mew) so KaMaya's are the parents of EACH living being in the entire system.
The family used to be large, but the eldest of the Kamaya's decided it was time to stop breeding. All those who wanted another cub was still allowed but then afterwards they where going to stop enlarging their family.

Salabi and Khamaloti are the only couple who decided to have another go.
we know them as (Aset and Asir (Isis and Osiris))
And they had ... ME!!! Very Happy
I'm like 3500 years old, meaning I'm still not even 1 universal year old, I'm a playful lil' cubby! And the youngest goddess of the entire universe :p

So what made me CHOOSE for this story line and character:
Well, I loved trying to have something UNIQUE, something totally different then: "I'm Knuckles Girlfriend." *serious voice* Knuckles copyrighted to S E G A *kuff kuff* (that's how it started btw)
When discovering the internets I noticed I wasn't the only one thinking like that XD
This Kamaya story is already devoloping in my mind since I got 12, I really feel this: I love the Ancient Gods of Egypt so much, a lot of people are against it, but then again, read the topic: "What really grinds my gears"

In the end, Sahtori is 'me' but only as in the 'perfection' of me.
she's a lot thiner (she's got a waiste) but she's got the huge butt. (I got a whaist too but it's not that thin!!!)
all my life people tell me that I have really beautiful eyes and that you can drown in them, so I gave Sahtori them too.
I was for many years the same size as Sahtori was, and I really loved being a small fry XD
Now in the past 2 years i suddenly got a grow burst which i'm not happy with. But I let Sahtori still have it. After all, being small is cute and cuddly XD, now I feel so large and yeah, I'm not cute anymore!!!! Crying

I had that often when I was on the plane, I was 17 and people told me: OMG your so freakin' adorable!!! Cause I was small and had those cute eyes...

So, these aspects stay in Sahtori/Goddess because it really made me 'me'. Because people where nice to me, I treated them very nicely back. And I still do that, even to the people who have harmed me (though beware after the 3rd time, I can become really a hateful person if you hurted me)
An old indian told me once: the entire world is my friend, who doesn't want it to be, yeah their problem, so I give indeed a few chances, butI learned to say: enough is enough.
One of the reasons why I don't work anymore with my Ex-Partner on comics :/ Enough is enough ...

So, When you look deeply into my character, you see both past and present into her, and that's why she makes me, me

*on later note* I don't think I'm really her and go prancing around like: "omg i'm a goddess!!! "

no no no XD I don't go that far XD LOL

i hope everyone got what I meant with this post, but I really thought to make a fun topic Very Happy I want to get to know everyone :3
EVEN YOU VANESSA, MARTIN AND RONALD!!!!

>->
<-<....

OH HAIL THE HYPNO-CUB!!!!

Miss Scorpia
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always believed that my soul animal is a furroius tiger. But I thougth that Vanessa's tigers were too sweet for me.
Another animal I have always felt close to was the fox. They look sweet and fluffy, and they are really elegant and intelligent.
I didn't want to be another red fox and when I saw Alexia in the comic I knew I wanted to be a blue silver fox.
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already done enough damage. I should just keep my mouth shut from now on...
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosengine wrote:
I've already done enough damage. I should just keep my mouth shut from now on...

huh what ya talkin' about?

tell me :3 *huggels*
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Scorpia wrote:
I have always believed that my soul animal is a furroius tiger. But I thougth that Vanessa's tigers were too sweet for me.
Another animal I have always felt close to was the fox. They look sweet and fluffy, and they are really elegant and intelligent.
I didn't want to be another red fox and when I saw Alexia in the comic I knew I wanted to be a blue silver fox.

yes, I used to draw myself as a fennec/redish fox but I got so tired of seeing a lot of people suddenly turn into a fox, and there where brown/red foxes everywhere!
My ex (cuteblur from TMo2F) was an artic fox and I really enjoyed seeing different foxes back then :3
but when we broke up, I really had a hard time keeping myself as a fox, wanted to do something different, hence why my character had 4 years of heavy evolution :3

Thank you Scorpia Very Happy
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked wolves. The expressions they make, the way they care for one another, and how beautiful they are and when they howl there is just no describing the sound. Its sad that people can be so afraid of them.

As for why I choose the soldier look. I'm a military history buff. I really like looking into the American Civil War. Well since BonBon is based around the late 1890's I couldn't pick a Civil War Soldier. So I decided to pick a calvary soldier instead.

As for picking body guard I thought it would be interesting.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like snakes. When I was a child of 5 I was scared of them, but not no more. I'm fascinated by them. Also I like the king cobra, because he is the biggest and gives more poison then any other snake.

Commando, well I always wanted to be in the army.

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm...What makes me pick a ferret that makes me...me?

Well, truth be told, I wanted my avatar to be a wolf because I like wolves. But, later on, I wanted an animal that is unique from the species were choose here and almost fits my personality. :3

One day, As I continued thinking of a different animal, A good friend of mine came to visit me and brought her pet ferret. I. LOVE. HIM! He his sooo adorable, with his body small and long, his face is white and has a brown eye mask, with his cute beady eyes. X3

He and I almost had in common, too. WE both play a lot, we like to have fun, and when I was about to take a nap, he climb on to my bed, curl his body, and slept with me. ^w^

Months later, My friend have to move to another state. It was sad, but I say my Goodbye to her and to her pet ferret. I'll miss them both. Sad

On that day, I decided I wanted my BonBon character to be a ferret. ^w^
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to answer your question... take a platypus picture.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toxaz/2241293353/
This will do.

A platypus is, frankly, a weird, clowny mix-and-match of critters: a duck bill, a beaver tail, a fuzzy body, a bird's privates, and so on and so forth.

Frankly, it should have all the possible reasons to complain. And yet...
Check the pic again: see? it smiles.
Sure, one could say that it's just the shape of the beak, but I prefer to think that a platy likes to have a positive outlook on life no matter what.
And I wanna be like that.

Hence, platy. Very Happy
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwww, what a cute platypus.

*grabs Martin's beak and moves it left to right and baby talk him.*

Who's a cute platy?.....whoooooo's a cute platy? Who's a cute platy?! You are! Yes, you are! Yes, you are! ^w^
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidia_Apricot wrote:
Awwwww, what a cute platypus.

*grabs Martin's beak and moves it left to right and baby talk him.*

Who's a cute platy?.....whoooooo's a cute platy? Who's a cute platy?! You are! Yes, you are! Yes, you are! ^w^

whats out for his angle and his poison, it will hurt you like hell!

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choice of making Constance a mare, was based in what I think of anthro mares, and what I'd like to see drawn by Vanessa. I don't have much experience with horses in real life, and they aren't my favorite animals either.

When I first got interested in furry artwork, my favorites were felines, canines, vixens and bunnies. It wasn't until I discovered another artist and his equine characters that I became interested in mares. They were immediately among my favorites, though I had only seen a handful of pictures I liked.

I find that many artists draw mares in ways I don't like, but Vanessa's style is perfect for it. So I quickly began thinking of a mare for fursona after having joined PBB. I look at anthro mares as tall, athletic, graceful and strong-willed women, all of which I find attractive and wanted my fursona to be. The fact that there weren't any other mares in the comic or among the royal members was a plus as well, as I wanted to introduce a mare to the comic, to see what she'd look like in Bon Bon among other species.

I also think that mares look especially good with large breasts, which was something I wanted for my fursona as well. Razz

So there are a lot of things that influenced my choice. I did consider starting over with my fursona in the beginning, because I wasn't sure if I'd like Constance if she had hooves. But then I asked Vanessa about it, and she had no problem giving Constance feet instead of hooves, so I completed my describtion for the avatar request list not long after that.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've answered this question, or something similar, at least once before... but what the heck, I'll do it again. Maybe I'll answer it a bit differently this time too...

Hmm. what made me choose the coyote as my fursona species? Well, to be honest, it was purely on impulse that I chose to be a coyote...

See, I've frequented other furry sites and played other fursonas, with varying species and personalities. I like to think of each as a side of my own personality that I can explore and evolve. I've had a bit of theater training and sometimes fancy myself an aspiring author, so creating characters and playing them has always been something fun for me.

In truth, my online persona of "JohnnyPsycho" is one of my oldest, and is basically an extension of the "wild-side" that I normally keep hidden from most folks. Only my closest friends and family ever see that side of me, and it was due to the freedom of annonymity on chat sites and message boards that I could let-loose a little. Still, up until I had joined this site, I had almost gotten bored of "JohnnyPsycho" as a personality, and was close to retiring the handle forever.

In joining BonBon, however, I found myself in a hedonistic pleasureland that I knew a pure representation of my wild-side would love, so I dusted off "JohnnyPsycho" and allowed my wild side to play again. Still, for most of the early part of the forum's history, I didn't even have a fursona... I was just my wacky human self in here. It wasn't until Vanessa started her idea of drawing people's fursonas into the comic that I honestly began to contemplate Johnny's furry species, and I struggled with finding just the right one.

Like I've said in at least one other thread, I tried out different species in my head.. I thought about being a lizard, or a wolf, or a jackalope (the mythical jackrabbit with antelope horns), or a regular rabbit, or even a turtle at some point. I even drew a Wild West jackalope character (which, if I ever get a scanner, I may share with everyone someday), but remembering Vanessa's ban on fantasy creatures I decided not to go for a jackalope fursona (I still ended up creating a jackalope fursona elsewhere). I also decided not to go for a wolf as a fursona both because they were pretty common and because I was already playing a werewolf character in another furry site and wanted to try something different.

What made me eventually choose the coyote as my species was several things. I've loved coyotes ever since I was a kid... Wile E. Coyote from the Road Runner cartoons was always my favorite character, and when I was a kid I once wrote a journal about my trip to my grandparents' house in Arizona, which I illustrated by drawing everyone like coyotes. The second reason I chose coyote is because of the importance of the animal in Native American folklore, and I wanted to morph my wild, witty character "JohnnyPsycho" into a more crafty, slick character like the mythological Coyote. I also wanted to keep my Native American roots strong with the character, so it just made sense to go with this species for my character. I also gave him a Cherokee surname, despite not being from the Cherokee tribe myself, since "Psycho" sounded a little anachronistic for a Victorian era setting. The fact that Vanessa was already drawing a coyote cowgirl character by this time also helped greatly with my fursona ideas (Daisy also became the muse for my "Sureshot" fanfic as well)...

So that's basically how I made my fursona. He's an extension of my pleasure-seeking "Id", but at the same time is much more honest and daring with his wants and desires than I could ever be in real life. I chose to make Johnny a gunslinger on a whim, just because I thought it sounded daring and macho at the time (yeah, I'll fess up to that). He's definitely more cool and confident than most of my other fursonas, which is why he's been my favorite for the past couple years.

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

I've always gravitated to vulpines. But I feel it fits me moreso than others because it reflects my behavior. I am reputedly quite intelligent, with a quick wit and sardonic sense of humor. I also tend to keep my own counsel and company. Also, I feel I have more than a bit of predator and profiteer in my personality.

This points one towards small, solitary carnivores. Felines, vulpines, mustelids, and possibly procyonids. Coyotes get an honorable mention too, of course. Being quite as ease with myself and my predilections means I don't feel the need to hide much, not to mention I'd like to choose an animal at home in cities and capable of urban life, so that rules out mustelids and most cats.

And I'll admit I wanted to put some more concrete details in, such as my allergy to cats and a desire to reflect my roots as Johnny said. So, I decided to pick an old stock European animal. No raccoons or coyotes there. So, I am more than happy being a member of V. vulpes, but with muted coloration. Confident, proud, intelligent, sly, and German. Razz

Hmmm... I wonder if it'll be raccoon GIs invading Germany in 50 years should one continue this story? That'd be an amusing convergence of history. Laughing
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a subject I rather enjoy actually. Samuel is who I am and who I'm not. The heartless killer, a role I had to try to ready myself for when in the military. "No matter what you do, you have a hand in either killing someone or breaking their s&^%".

However, heartless is not exactly how I felt, and so Samuel never was either. He didn't like it, but it was what he had to do. Once again, similar to my Navy ties. Unemployed for too long and no viable employers, it left me with the service or just mooch off of those I love. The latter did not appeal to me because everyone had always told me I had great potential, so Samuel was also full of promise.

Why the tailor? I had always planned on one day making my own clothes and have had several design ideas. As far as the ins and outs of design and sewing, not so great.

As far as the tiger, cats are generally graceful and delicate and the big cats add a sort of intimidation to their elegance. Tigers just add an extra flair with the stripes. This is mostly representative of the kind of person I wish I could be. I'm built more lean than bulk, but I'm rather awkward and it's something I've always hated.
Wallstreet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure that if I were to focus on something to represent myself with, itd be friendship and fun. Thats how I identify myself, every night with a group of friends having fun, making music, drinking drinks.

The otter always just jumped at me as the best way to identify with those characteristics. Always playing around, enjoying themselves.

That, and I never really thought of myself as some of the more popular choices (cats and dogs to be specific). They seemed more serious and intense then who I really am. I am sarcastic and happy. Other things I think the otter can represent.

Who the hell is Ewan Bushmill?
A reference: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason I settled on the arctic wolf was because my first and late sifu gave me the nickname of Xue Lang(Snow Wolf) and by using it I believe I'm honoring his memory and teachings.He gave me the nickname for 2 reasons:1)arctic wolves are symbols of survival as they must endure some of the harshest environments and this translates well with me as I had to endure not just environmental hardships but mental,physical,and spiritual ones as well.I could go on about what I've done and been through but there are some things I endured that I just don't want to bring up here.

Reason 2):I used to have white hair as a child(it freaked everyone out as everybody has dark hair in my family).

– Bruce Lee
Tsavo
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like lions. I'm a leo. Tsavo and I share the same hair style, so the mane-less lions seemed like a good idea to go with. I'm fascinated with them anyway so it seemed like a good fit.

I've already mentioned elsewhere that Tsavo's origin took on a very Heart of Darkness/Conrad feel that I wasn't expecting. That is also where most of the disillusioned military stuff came from too.

An expat bar owner just seemed to work. Like the old Fantasy genre cliche of the retired adventure returning to town and starting a bar; his old weapon hanging on the wall.
lunerlancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: What makes you think 'you' are who 'you' are? Reply with quote

goddess-ofthe-night wrote:
Henk a Cobra (with 2 *beeps* explain me that one will ya?),
it's simple, do's anyone have a snake. all snakes in ordor to sex them you need to A:probe them or B:pop them. i used the poping method and found out i have 1 male and 1 female snake. males when popped out come two d!@#s. but not with females. there's you'r explanation ms. GotN
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the quick and easy way out of character explanation is that the I was always fascinated by Bucky O'Hare; the Aldaberren cats in particular. I first forged LabrnMystic, but later broke the name into two, as the creation of Labrn's sister Mystic came into being about 4 years after I invented Labrn.

Now, besides Bucky O'hare, and for deeper meaning. I've always been a house cat lover. I was never one to get licked in the face by dogs, and had the greatest house cat ever, Nestle. :3 Now, I do enjoy all pets, including dogs, but there was always something about cats. Also as a fan of Egyptian mythos and history, cats were the world to them as well, which only amplified my own love of them, and things Egyptian.

Finally, it boils down to how cats act and their eyes. Cat eyes always have a way to pierce the soul they say (or stare long enough and you find yourself in hell says the movie Constantine.) and Labrn and Mystic both have black and white eyes. This is not only to keep the ongoing "black and white" scheme about them, but as in my stories about them, and outside the Bon Bon world, when either one is using their powers or as many fursona's do who have such things, their eyes would glow. The pupil and retina melting away into a solid color of beaming light. Mystic's eyes always shown with a darker light, similar to her fur, but Labrn had di-chromatic eyes (similar to Jillian). Going from pupil to "white of the eye", his left eye went- white, black white while the right went - black, white, black. Labrn had an inherited "evil presence" within him, and when it took over, say for example his "lust" curse took control, then his right eye would melt into a full black, as well as glow with a bit of unerring power and visa versa for the "good side" of his power. Later, a dark scar was added to help emphasize when his "evil side" was taking over, and finally Mystic having the power to call upon those power of Labrn, as he was the puppet and she the puppeteer. To wrap up what that whole little bit was about, it's the ability cats have to seem to do whatever they please and make sense of it.

A cat can be playful at one point, fierce and angry in a split second, and then back to loving you with no warning or sign of the change. As I've stated that Labrn, but not so much Mystic, has many "facets" and which side you see depends on who you are and how you talk, treat, and react to Labrn and his presence. He always seems to find the right combination to keep both his air of mystery about him, as well as be "just right" like baby bear's porridge. ^_^
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose a rat cuz rat's got a bad rap!! Rampant stereotyping has reduced my brethren to mere skullduggery and shenanigans!! We rats are more than crooks and whinos! We are a proud people who are noted for our adaptability and cleverness!!

*a red flag appears behind him showing the image of a rat wearing a military beret*

It is time that my sqeaking brothers stand up and claim their right to self respect and dignity!!

*blah blah* *rant rave*

*peers off stage*

*notices a bunch of rats stealing furniture out the back door*

GUYS!?!?

*looks around in a panic*

Gotta go!! *grabs the mic and dashes out the door*
Cassandre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Beware...Lots of thinking went into this. ANd nice post Chaos. Very funny.)

Cassandre is pretty much myself. To use what Shadow said, who I am, and who I'm not. I've always been teased all my life, and I've always been thought to be a snob, with the perfect family...ANd everyone thought that I had no friends because I didn't want any. During school, at least, then a few people found out the truth of why I had to act like a total bitch, and they befriended me...

You might know, I'm kind of wealthy. Yes, I am. So who gives a shit, right? Cassandre came into a bit of wealth herself when she was adopted. I'm agressive. It's a defensive mechanism. I've been attacked before, I need to have my own personal defense in place. Cassandre is an assassin...A world-famous one. She has the RIGHT to be agressive.

Mystik has said before, I'm a bit schizo. Cass is too. When I was younger, about seven, my mother, father, and older sister, Thalia, would have these huge, blow-out fights. I was always a little scared, and confused about those. I still sometimes feel that old fear and confusion now, when I should have gotten rid of it. I put that little girl aspect into Cassandre, and it's how she looks at the world. She's always feared the world, and in turn, it confused her for that fear.

When I was a child, about five or so, I would alway want a pet. It'd change every now and then, from, say, a pirhana, to a tiger, or a rat, but I stopped with that. When I was six, my mother and father took Camille, Tahlia, and I to America for a vacation. We went around America, and stopped in a few states. Wisconsin was one that we stopped in. Now, you might not know it, but Wisconsin has this big cat thing. There are tigers, lion, the whole shebang. Then I saw a creature that was black as night, and absolutely beautiful. That was the first tiem I had ever seen a panther. When mulling over species for Cassandre, I remembered that, and immediately typed, 'panther'.

That memory will always stay with me, as one of the most favored and beautiful ones I've ever had.

As for the markings, I think I've explained this before. Its because I have weird culricue birthmarks in this light pinkish color, and I got them tatooed over in black, and some more litle swirlies in there. So yup.

As for her past...Its not in there, but I'm going to edit it soon. The fursona I mean. She's had two children. Her own daughter, half panther half leopard, who was killed by her father, and her adopted son, a tiger. She took him in as her own when the warden, and creator/owner of the asylum she was in let her out for revenge agaisnt her husband, who she walked in on killing the mother of her son. As a little funfact, the first thing she did to Pierre, her hubby, was cut out his voice box, which Tarin, her son, dried and put on a necklace that he never takes off. Tarin is about eighteen now I think? while Mari, her daughter, will never live past the age of two.

More later.

Last edited by Cassandre on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My usual alter-ego is an artic fox. I don't remember why I choose that particular species, it's been a while since he was first created, but I do have a certian fondness for vulpines. When I was joining Bon Bon though, I wanted to do something different, so I sat down and created a whole new character. I went with a bear because a) bears are (often portrayed in cartoons as) big, tubby and love to hug (which is me to a T) and b) while not "exotic" it was a species that had not yet been used by any royal members (that I'm aware of).
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always loved tigers. They're beautiful, majestic, powerful. I have several other favourite animals, but they're always top of the list. Tadelesh was a character I had already created, based on me but a lot more flirty, more outgoing, basically what I wanted to be. I just changed him slightly to fit into the world of PBB. I'm skinny as a rake, whereas he's got more of an athletic build. I used to love the idea of being a magician. I'm not particularly good at performances, though. So, yeah, basically, he's everything I wish I could be, with a whole chunk of who I already am.

I have been considering creating an alternate fursona, who I wouldn't necessarily put in the PBB world, but I would commission artists to draw, like I have with Tadelesh. This would be a more "realistic" fursona, in that he would more closely resemble me (both in personality and appearance). He would have all of my strengths and weaknesses, whereas Tadelesh has hardly any of my weaknesses, and many strengths I don't have. I haven't come up with a clear idea of even what species he would be, though: I'm not sure what animal actually represents me.

Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may be repeating a little too, but that's okay. Wink

When I first got online at all, even though it was just in BBS chat rooms, I liked to adopt an alternate persona (even though nobody else did)... in my case I chose an anthropomorphic dolphin creatively named Flipper. (I'm a programmer, not an artist.) I played frequently as this character on the BBSs in all most posts - which amused some and infuriated others, to my own amusement. (I still remember the guy in the chat root all frustrated typing in all caps "HE'S NOT A DOLPHIN!"... hehehe..)

So anyway, I eventually moved to the Internet only to find that there was already a 'Flipper' in use pretty much everywhere, and so I adapted my name from the latin name for the bottlenose dolphin, which is Tursiops Truncatus. Proud of my creativity (sigh), Tursi made his entrance.

I liked dolphins a lot at the time. It was their playful nature, intelligence, and perpetual smile that attracted me. But at the same time, it wasn't fully me. They are far more social than I am, and I don't have a perpetual smile. Indeed, I can often be fairly coarse. When I started associating with other dolphin characters online, I began to see just how different I was from them (or at least how they saw dolphins, either way, culture clash).

A breaking point finally arose, and I had to make a break from that association for my own mental health. This time I put a lot more thought into it. I've grown up always around felines, and can't say that any other species meant more to me, so that was an easy start. I didn't want a small feline, because I wanted something that could use its claws, both in defense of itself and friends. Of the larger cats, I narrowed down to Tiger and Lion fairly quickly. Tigers didn't feel right for me, but lion had a great attraction - no doubt in no small part due to the Chronicles of Narnia, Aslan, and of course the Lion King. Lion felt good and fit my personality better - I could be friendly, playful and social without breaking character, but I could also be angry, I could defend my friends, and I could go rogue and be solitary when I needed to. It fit better than dolphin did (and besides, I swim like a, well, a wet cat. Wink )

Coloration was easy... I patterned him after Scar, who was by far my favorite character. (His coloration later evolved a bit after some pics FoxxFire did for me, I really liked the dark chocolate brown fur he'd chosen for them). After a test run with a temporary character to see if I liked playing him, I changed my main character over.

For BonBon, I kept my basic premise, and tried to think about what Tursi would be doing in that timeframe. This was very hard for me, as my life revolves entirely around technology, and it was very different then. A friend suggested the steamboat captain, and after a little research I went with it, especially since engineer and inventor was already well filled. If I did it again, however, I probably would switch to a more traditional R&D field, in the meantime it's a bit of a throwback to my oceanic roots, eh? Smile
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... *classic thinking pose* i am a shadowy defender person by nature. So i decided to use a animle that is like that. After a while i decided on a Owl... i think i will just rant the rest. For some reson i keep to myself. Normaly that is commen... but i take it to another level. I hear all the time from my parents and the rest of my family about how they don't know who i am. Yes i am that shadowed. Also i would come to some ones help without question or hesitation. I don't know why eather, i just feal the urge to help them out and help salve the problem. So with that and a couple of other things i decided to serch for a animle that was like that. I found two after a while. A hourse and a owl. At the start i went with the hourse but after a while i changed to the owl. There is more but it is late and i am tired...
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me,foxes were always a part of my life in one way or another.Whenever I see a fox cross my path in RL,my luck changes for the better.Not sure why.Plus,I share many personality traits that are often associated with them in folklore too. Wink
proto zoa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a snow fox would be my choice since they are agil and smart. i know theres alot of people who play foxes but still i like them i might change my mind though since i also like cats.
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being who I am, rodents seem natural.

Small, shy, with the possibility of being really irritating.

Not the most complimentary idea, but still an honest one.
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sits down in a chiar* hmm, well an interesting question. of course how can one define what makes you "you" without branding oneself with labels? *sips coffee* .. oh, im sorry. im afraid i have answered your question with another question.

(in all seriousness though, this is a great topic. one which requires a well thought out and serious response from me. one which i shall formulate tommorrow.)

marx's four step guide to being popular in the fandom

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2