FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Fursona/character names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tearlach is a celtic name it means "Instigator", some one spurs events or others on. I chose it several years ago and it does seem to have become my calling.
Beibhinn is also celtic it means "White Lady"
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got the name Xebulon Burke from an old history text book, though it was little more than a footnote. Zebulon Burke, Xebulon is a deliberate misspelling of Zebulon, was an explorer around the time of Lewis & Clark. Instead of heading out west however, he stayed in the East. As I recall, there's a hill in Virginia named for him, Burke's Peak I believe. Though this is the first time I've publically used the name, I always did like how Xebulon rolled off the tonge, followed by Burke which brings it to a halt in a hard consonant. Also, I liked how it wasn't a common name. Usually when you hear "Zeb" it's short for "Zebadiah". Switching the Z witn an X just makes it that much more unusual. Also, by changing his initials to X.B. instead of Z.B. he won't get confused for Zaphod Beeblebrox. Laughing
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know how i came up with name Jerin. I just know it popped into my head one day when i was thinking of names for one of my books I'm working on. It's just sort of hung around since, and I've more or less adopted it as my alias.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll answer this one quick before I go. Using an Etomolgy site, I used the names Labrn and Mystic to trace them back to see if they have a meaning.

LabrnMystic is loosely translated by sound to mean = "Martyr of Vengeance and Glory."

Alone, Mystic is Vengeance and Glory, and Labrn is a shorter version of Labrhainn (similar sounding, originally labrn is just Labrynth chopped down) which came from Lowrence, a Martyr of an Irish church, that when demanded to bring forth the church's treasure brought forth the sick and poor that the church cared for. For it, the man was put to death and given saint hood.

In this way, Labrn is a bodyguard and guardian over his kind. Though the Aldaberrans are well known jewel crafters and users of strange arts and relics, it is the women alone (Sisters as they refer to one another) that are most precious to him, and he'd gladly give himself up in their place. With the guidance of Mystic, the Martyr Labrn becomes a self giving man of vengeance and glory, rather, attack those he loves, and he shall stride forth and seek retribution for the glory of their kind.

Sorry if I rambled a bit, the fever is coming back. Good night all.
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i might as well put my names in. Might as well start off with my old fursona Duel'Dain Stronghoof. A friend of mine is trying to be a writer, so me and another one of my friends decided to help him. He asked me to make a Dwarven clan so i did. I was making the king and i got stumped so i pondered for a bit. I knew i was going to make it two named becouse i like how that works and two names made me think of doing that. Lim'Duel from MTG and an orc from wc2. His name escapes me right now. I figued i would do Dain but it sounded a little flat so as i was in school one day it hit me Duel'Dain. i liked the name so i decided to use it for my fursona. Stronghoof just came to me as i was thinking on how he should look. As for Drodel Ovadin... I love to play D&D and my faverite race is Dwarf. So i got out one of my books and started looking around. In it is a list of prefixes and sufixes, and what they mean. I have alwase wanted to be a blacksmith. Able to shange metles shape and form to what you can emagin. D stout/heavy el Warrior ro are random letters. Ov cunning/wise din Smith/blacksmith a is also a rendom letter to make it flow more. sorry about the rant but i tend to do that before i go to bed...

P.S Gim glad/cheerful li Beard/pride. Also Legolas means green leaf
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Um... wow, now I feel kinda totally lame in my name choice. I just always thought Caroline was a pretty name... and Wellwater from the idea that her family has cash-crop farms, and would need... well... well water...))
Cassandre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay Caroline. *hugs her* Please don't bite me.
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline you are not lame. just picking names that work is just fine.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Caroline, there is nothing wrong with a pretty name. Its not a common name to use to my knowledge.

Anyways my fursona's name is Runai Kaltsere, which was basically my name for all of my characters when I started my roleplaying experience three years ago.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your explanation is not lame Caroline. I like your name.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((Um... wow, now I feel kinda totally lame in my name choice. I just always thought Caroline was a pretty name... and Wellwater from the idea that her family has cash-crop farms, and would need... well... well water...))

At least your's isn't something random you cooked up.
Mystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you have a story behind it, then there's nothing lame about it Caroline.

Though, there are those who just toss a name on a character without thought. They'd rather put more emphasis into the character's behavior and history than all in the name. The man who conquers the world could simply be named Bob ya know.

Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic wrote:
As long as you have a story behind it, then there's nothing lame about it Caroline.

Though, there are those who just toss a name on a character without thought. They'd rather put more emphasis into the character's behavior and history than all in the name. The man who conquers the world could simply be named Bob ya know.

i think i would consider a name change, no ones going to take the ruler of the world seriously if his name is bob... i mean seriously overlord bob doesnt sound right Confused

caroline, dont worry about your name choice, both my username and fursona names were pretty much random chioces, so your not the only one

marx's four step guide to being popular in the fandom

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Mystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about? Did you know the second Earth is named planet Bob? Smile
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic wrote:
What are you talking about? Did you know the second Earth is named planet Bob? Smile

O_o my apologies, my dear, my brian is running kinda slow today, and as such i didnt get the joke. would you be so kind as to enlighten me?

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Mystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marx-Paragon wrote:
O_o my apologies, my dear, my brian is running kinda slow today, and as such i didnt get the joke. would you be so kind as to enlighten me?

*Gently pats your head and sits you down by the nearest couch in front of a big screen* Why of coarse young lad, it was a reference ot the movie "Titan A.E." *Puts the movie in and grabs some popcorn*
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic wrote:
Marx-Paragon wrote:

*Gently pats your head and sits you down by the nearest couch in front of a big screen* Why of coarse young lad, it was a reference ot the movie "Titan A.E." *Puts the movie in and grabs some popcorn*

*grabs a pizza and flops down on a couch near Marx*

Good movie.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite movies. I love the music in it. Mind if I join you?
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic wrote:
Marx-Paragon wrote:

thank you for clearing that up for me, i really wish i had seen that movie....

the named the second earth "Bob"? ...thats.... hilarious Laughing Very Happy

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marx-Paragon wrote:
Mystic wrote:
Marx-Paragon wrote:

thank you for clearing that up for me, i really wish i had seen that movie....

the named the second earth "Bob"? ...thats.... hilarious Laughing Very Happy

yeah the lead charachter names it after his old man
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually a really, really old joke from when shows featured in outer space started appearing.
Cassandre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marx, I hope your 'brian' gets better.

Also, how does, Overlord Assandra sound?

Seriously, I plan on it happening.
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandre wrote:
Marx, I hope your 'brian' gets better.

Also, how does, Overlord Assandra sound?

Seriously, I plan on it happening.

overlord assandre? *curses, im not the only one trying to take over the world now* *scuryies off to evil liar*

IMO i think marx would make a great evil overlord name. i mean, i cant be the only one who thinks its a cool sounding bad guy name... or maybe i played to many kirby games Confused

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu'll have to beat my best friend to it Cass, and given that I'm one of his Lieutenants, its not going to be easy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what does it take to make a fursona? Think im only one here without one thought up. >_>

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xivk wrote:
so what does it take to make a fursona? Think im only one here without one thought up. >_>

yea, ya are. Razz

you might wanna contact symphony or ewan(wallstreet) about that seeing as how they had two very good fursona creations.

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Cassandre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I thougth mine was good too! *is hurt*

*turns to Jerin*

Try it buster. I'm the overlord, I've got my family backing me up, and I've got all my ranks set up too. I've been taking savate, and do you know how many classes I've taken? I can probably beat the shit out of you Jerin.
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandre wrote:
Hey, I thougth mine was good too!

apologies, but symphony is used to haveing people request assistance when it comes to fursonas(kiala tiagra, requested help on hers and it turned out great)

if you wanna help so much why dont you offer to help poor mr xivk(btw, still cant figure out how to pronounce that Razz )

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Cassandre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ yay!

I can help him!

Makies sure that you have age, sex, species, and name. Those are all pretty darn important, and also make me realize I forgot CLR's age. oh shitake fuckin' shrooms.
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...

sex:male
species:rabbitz
name:xivak

what next?

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3