FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Carry On up the Nile or..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a guide to some Arabic words/phrases and on cultural references

This will be added to when I have more time

Insha Allah(IN-SHA-LA):It means "God willing" or "If God wills it" is said repeatedly throughout Arab conversations for future events-Feeling whatever happens is God's will.

Fakkah(FUK-KA):It means a small amount of money and it's said by children and beggars(equivalent to "spare some change?" said in the west).They will often approach you in places that are frequented by tourists,washing windshields in heavy traffic,etc..Be prepared.

Imshi(IM-SHEE)Literally means "take a walk" and is used when you've been bothered enough with somebody who wants fakkah.It should work,Insha Allah.

– Bruce Lee
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post the new rules now to give everyone a chance to ask me any questions about them before the new game starts.

1) Everyone (except Tearlach) will post by the list order (If need be I may be able to make adjustments to the list; just ask if you have a problem with it). I will make 2 new lists once we break into teams that will be even more detailed and specific to each team.

2) There will be a time limit for posting (max 24 hours then the turn is forfeit). To be more specific what this one means here is an example: Tearlach makes his post at 8:30 PM and I am next on the list. I have until 8:30PM the next day to make my post and if I don’t it just goes to the next person on the list. Once either I make my post or the time runs out the clock starts over for the next person.

3) no one may take someone's turn for them or move someone else's character involuntarily (no playing puppet master)

4) 3 strike violation policy and then removal from the game upon the forth

5) Anyone can pass up their turn whenever they want I just ask that they be kind enough to post that they’re not taking their turn so we don’t have to wait 24 hours for the next post (this isn't so much a rule as it is a request)

**There can be exceptions to any of the rules as long as you ask and ect...**
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too late to join?

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tearlach what do you say about me opening a new Q&A thread once the game starts because this one is getting congested. Confused

And I never asked but are you ok with me taking over most of the administration stuff involving the game? Sorry I just kinda started doing it without asking. I could stop or continue being your assistant, whichever you prefer.
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
Is it too late to join?

I would say yes HOWEVER I just removed someone from the list and we could use another female. Plus we haven't restarted yet...

Can I get back to you on that?
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll wait. Smile

The Mayflower Diaries
xxthalexx

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whod you remove if you dont mind me asking
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10247
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxthalexx wrote:
whod you remove if you dont mind me asking

I regretfully say that I had to remove Feingo Ferinton due to inactivity. Both Tearlach and myself agreed to remove him once it was brought to our attention. We posted a warning that we would remove him from the game if he didn't post, well that was a few days ago and I have yet to hear from him.
xxthalexx

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so this could turn into a problem what if someone goes away on a short trip and forgets to tell the thread
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxthalexx wrote:
ok so this could turn into a problem what if someone goes away on a short trip and forgets to tell the thread

No, no not at all. I knew it was going to give a wrong impression. Embarassed
We understand that people have times of not being able to post and are perfectly ok with it (especially if they are actively involved in the game). We pulled him because the only time we heard anything from him was one post back on Thu Apr 30, 2009 and nothing after that.
If you have to go away at any time please just let us know and everything will be perfect. Cool
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
Sure, I'll wait. Smile

Well Symphony, I don't see any problems with it (If anyone else does please let me know). I just have to ask a few things of you first. (I hope that is ok)

first: I assume that you understand the plot of the story and what is going on. (If not I can fill you in so you don't have to go looking for it). So if you could please tell me a little about the character that you will be playing I can add you in. Very Happy
xxthalexx

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh ok thanks for the clear up shadow
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxthalexx wrote:
ahh ok thanks for the clear up shadow

That's what I'm here for. Laughing
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:

Well Symphony, I don't see any problems with it (If anyone else does please let me know). I just have to ask a few things of you first. (I hope that is ok)

first: I assume that you understand the plot of the story and what is going on. (If not I can fill you in so you don't have to go looking for it). So if you could please tell me a little about the character that you will be playing I can add you in. Very Happy

Cool, thanks. Very Happy
And yes, you are very welcome to fill me in on the plot and how it's going to work with the two teams. I've been reading up on it, but I wouldn't mind another explanation to make sure that I've understood it.

As for my own participation, I'd like to use my own fursona. I don't really have any other ideas at the moment, so I was thinking of simply using her as she is, and have her be a famous opera singer and wealthy benefactor, who enjoys travelling and learning about new places and cultures.

She's not much of a fighter or adventurer, so what she'll be able to contribute is mostly her money, her social skills, and perhaps make use of the many connections she has made while travelling the world.

Should I elaborate further or arrange the information differently?

The Mayflower Diaries
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is cool that Symphony is interested playing this roleplay. :3

I think we have now four female (including me) that will be participating in the game. :3
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidia_Apricot wrote:

I think we have now four female (including me) that will be participating in the game. :3

Actually there are 6! (including the two of you)
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you're right.

I forgot about Evan's character and....who else? Tearlach's character?
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
Cool, thanks. Very Happy
And yes, you are very welcome to fill me in on the plot and how it's going to work with the two teams. I've been reading up on it, but I wouldn't mind another explanation to make sure that I've understood it.

As for my own participation, I'd like to use my own fursona. I don't really have any other ideas at the moment, so I was thinking of simply using her as she is, and have her be a famous opera singer and wealthy benefactor, who enjoys travelling and learning about new places and cultures.

She's not much of a fighter or adventurer, so what she'll be able to contribute is mostly her money, her social skills, and perhaps make use of the many connections she has made while travelling the world.

That information is all I need (Tearlach may need more but I'm sure he'll ask you if he does).

There is a lot to cover and you said that you read up on it so to avoid confusing you can you ask me any/all of your questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability (and be very detailed for you).

Like you asked about the teams.
After the opening of the story (the ball) once all of our characters have a chance to meet the group will break into two expeditions/teams competing to find the tomb first. There is a very complex yet simple way that the teams will be decided, but we won't know the teams until after the ball.
I have made a list showing who everyone is and ect. well once the teams are made I am going to re make the lists (one for each team. Again to simplify it).
Now each character is free to leave a team and/or attempt to join the other whenever they want.

**I can be more descriptive if you need me to**
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidia_Apricot wrote:
Oh, you're right.

I forgot about Evan's character and....who else? Tearlach's character?

Yes the twin-tailed vixen.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand it. I'll look forward to seeing which team I'll end up on. Very Happy

Lidia_Apricot wrote:

Thank you, I'm looking forward to finally taking part in such a roleplay.

The Mayflower Diaries
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to add that I'd appreciate if I'm not one of the first to post. Both because I'd prefer not to be first, but especially because I may have plans for tomorrow night. I hope that's okay.

The Mayflower Diaries
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
I'd just like to add that I'd appreciate if I'm not one of the first to post. Both because I'd prefer not to be first, but especially because I may have plans for tomorrow night. I hope that's okay.

No problem at all. (Shadow laughs and bows to lady Symphony, "welcome to the game madam.)
I'll bring you up later in the list. Laughing
I hope you enjoy your night. Cool
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:
Tearlach what do you say about me opening a new Q&A thread once the game starts because this one is getting congested. Confused

And I never asked but are you ok with me taking over most of the administration stuff involving the game? Sorry I just kinda started doing it without asking. I could stop or continue being your assistant, whichever you prefer.

Sorry I have been busy myself.
I am only too glad to have you take the administrative duties off my hands. Please don't think of your self as my assistant rather a partner (in crime) in this venture. Ithought I could handle both sides but of course it has grown out of any concevable idea I may have had.
Please help make this game all it can be and perhaps bring a little excitement and aventure in to this world. Very Happy
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:

I agree this was set up for the original game(now defunked) and it would clarifiy things greatly. Very Happy

Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

Cool, thanks. Very Happy

The RP is set in 1922, a few years after the First World War, or The Great War. the players are in Eygpt to look into acent ruins. Thou the locals are talking about a mummys curse.

Rin: the fox-doberman hybred gropes the air as she thinks of gropeing Constants breasts.
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original story line was to find the tomb of Tutankhamun, with only a few players this would have be enough. However with two teams of about eight players strong I think something on a larger scale will be needed. So as in the 1990 film the Mummy, The expeditions will be in search of a 'Lost' city. Amenophis IV- Akhenaten was know as the heretic
King forsaking all the other gods for one, the Aten or Sun disk. He also caused a new capital to be built called Akhetaten-City of the sun disk.
This was abandonded when he died and his resting place has never been found.
Hidden treasures and mummies shall abound.

Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it is nearly 23:00 here I have to sign off. It only remains for me to say Welcome aboard Symphony and thank you every one for your interest.
I reserve a very special thankyou to Shadow who has almost single-handedly made this all possible. Thankyou my friend.

DesertWolf

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for saying this now but due to current events happening in Pakistan, my job has put up an elevated threat level and this means I won't be here until Tuesday of this upcoming week(the 12th).I'll try to bring my laptop so I can participate but I can't guarantee anything now.I ended up with a slight break I get to leave today(Saturday)but I still don't come back until Tuesday.

– Bruce Lee
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_Himmel wrote:

Rin: the fox-doberman hybred gropes the air as she thinks of gropeing Constants breasts.

Oh Dear! Looks like Henk has some competition. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Laughing

Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesertWolf wrote:
I apologize for saying this now but due to current events happening in Pakistan, my job has put up an elevated threat level and this means I won't be here until Tuesday of this upcoming week(the 12th).I'll try to bring my laptop so I can participate but I can't guarantee anything now.I ended up with a slight break I get to leave today(Saturday)but I still don't come back until Tuesday.

Please do not worry. I am sure we can accomadate you. Goog luck. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19