FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Crossroads...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Crossroads... Reply with quote

It was a beautiful morning, the skies clear and the air crisp, it was the kind of day that filled you with energy, they're no clouds in the sky and the sun was as bright as ever. No more than an hour’s walk down one of the many roads leading into the city of Bon Bon there was a man that was not filled with energy, as a matter of fact it seemed that his morning was off to a bad start. He was wearing a pair of brown slacks and a tan long sleeved buttoned up shirt which sleeves were rolled up around the biceps of his arms. He was also a lion. A white Lion to be precise, of which is very rare. He had Ice Blue eyes and white fur with hints of gray. His hair was the same as his fur and flowed down his back ending between his shoulder blades. He was lean, and of average height, fairly good looking with a hit of boyish charm about him.

"Blasted piece of...," the man grunted to himself. He was hunkered down next to an odd looking machine. At first glance it appeared to be a bicycle. At second glance it appeared to be an automobile of some kind, but in fact it was both. The vehicle in question was a hodgepodge of machinery, wood, and metal, it looked worn and weather beaten and it also had what seemed to be gashes in various members and dents from gunshots in other places. In fact most would wonder how the vehicle even made it as far as it had. If one was to look at it from the other side it appeared to have what seemed to be a rickshaw attached to the side of it. The Rickshaw or 'side car' as the man called it was filled with maps, boxes of various shapes and sizes, and had a vest and a jacket lying across the top.

The man sighed, he was holding a ratchet and engine parts were on the ground all around him, he had oil splatters on his clothing and a disgruntled look on his face. Looks like it's going to be a long walk, he though to himself, I wonder how far it is to Bon Bon. On that note the man shifted and sat cross legged on the ground facing the vehicle. I wonder what kind of place Bon Bon is, he though, I hope that its all that ‘duffer said would be.

This was the man’s first trip into Italy. He had crossed the border from Austria, and made his way to the city of Verona. In a bar in Verona he had met an old man whom had told him that Bon Bon was a city where he could 'relax' as the man had put it. Since then he had been on the road. And the road was where he was stranded now. With that the man sighed and stood, stretching out his back, and looked farther down the road he was on and groaned. About twenty yards down the road it intersected with another, forming a crossroad, and he did not see a sign anywhere indicating which way he should travel.

"Oh well," he said, "no point in walking if I don't know which way to go." He sat back down and began to work on the vehicle again. Might as well try to fix it with what I've got, he though to himself, and continued to work.

----------------------

((Well its about time I got to writing this. I've been going through a lot of stuff lately and its been pretty much killing my free time, but things have have been mellowing out and I have more time to myself.Twisted Evil Also for future reference I usually write in third person using quotes to talk and italics for thoughts.))
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A strange fox comes walking down the road looking rather irritated and grumbling to himself. "...how am I supposed to get any work done when no one has a name or history as soon as they enter that town... ahh ...one cat that's it just one cat..."

He freezes when he sees someone at the crossroad with a strange looking bicycle. Quickly the for dives off of the road into the trees in an attempt to not be noticed. However the gap was smaller than he thought and his rifle smacked off of a tree trunk with a loud crash.
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lion was in the middle of screwing in the last bolt on the engine casing, having solved the problems with the engine, when he heard a loud crash and some rustling in the bushed up the road near the intersection. He became alert turning quickly toward the noise, he had been shot at more than enough during his 'expeditions.' He reached toward his Mauser and placed his hand firmly on the grip, ready to draw it if the situation required he do so.

"Hello?" He said, "is anyone there?" he looked over at the trees on the side of the road. They were rustling but there was no wind. He knew the sound had come from there. The lion rose, he did not want to instigate anything. "Hello?" He said again, his voice remained calm.
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so much for stealth. The fox slipped out of the trees back onto the road to get a better look at the lion with one hand placed on his Webley Mk. III, just in case.
"Who are you?" he calls out still very cautious of the lion.

Last edited by ShadowFox13 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lion felt more at ease when the fox emerged from the trees, he could see that the fox was as cautious as he was, and he let go of his Mauser's grip and placed his hand in his pants pocket.

"Usually its polite to introduce yourself before asking for someones name," the lion smiled, "names Maxtor, Niam Maxtor, friends call me Niam. Whats yours?"
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fox glanced around, "just call me ShadowFox." He removed his hand from his pistol as well and adjusted his coat to prevent the rest of his equipment from showing.

(the link under my quote has a detailed description of ShadowFox's appearance and ect so you know what you're looking at and can describe some in your own words)

Trying to find out more he asks, "What brings you here? This isn't the most traveled area."
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niam watched the man remove his hand from his weapon and relaxed a little.

"Just traveling," he said, "headed to a place called Bon Bon. My vehicle here had some engine problems and I had to stop to make repairs, seemed I would have had to stop anyways." Niam nodded toward the crossroads.

"I don't see a sign anywhere," he looked back toward shadowfox, "do you know which way I should go?"
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounding frustrated, "yeah," he says and points back the way he came, "it's that way." He gives a little forced laugh, "I hope you're not looking for anyone though. I was sent to find this William Greenback that apparently vanished into thin air." Maybe this Maxtor can help me "I can go back with you, there are a few other roads like this one along the way."
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niam could hear the frustration in the mans voice. "I'd be more than happy give you a lift." With that said he bent down and finished attaching the bolt. Niam walked over to the side car and put on his vest and jacket. Then rearranged the boxes in the side car and placed the maps into a bag, of which he slung over his shoulder.

"There," he said, "hope thats enough room for you," Niam turned on the engine and sat in the drivers seat.
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I've fit in some pretty small spaces, I'm sure there is more than enough space." He walks over to the side car and glances over the whole machine, "if you don't mind me asking but what is this?"
I wonder what's in those boxes.
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't mind at all," said Niam. He opened the throttle and headed down the road, in the direction indicated by the fox.

"It's a vehicle I built myself," he explained as they traveled down the road, "I got the idea while I was traveling through Germany a few years back. I saw a man riding a wooden bicycle with an engine on it. I stopped to ask him what kind of contraption it was and he called it a 'Reitwagen' and said that they were using it to test there new engine design for an automobile that they were making. I figured that the vehicle was good enough the way it was and decided to try and replicate it, after many attempts through trail and error I came up with this."

Niam patted the side of the bike, "This things been halfway around the world with me, but it seems times starting to wear thin on it."

--------------

((I posted an article on the 'Reitwagen' here: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4840&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=160))
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"haha, I can tell. Very nice design... but ...it just looks a little unstable."
He points at an up coming crossroad, "left here."
He looks at all of Niam's boxes and papers, "so what is it that you do for a living Mr. Maxtor?"
Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:
Well so much for stealth. The fox slipped out of the trees back onto the road to get a better look at the lion with one hand placed on his Webley Mk. IV, just in case.
(I thoght in the time period of 1895 the latest in the Webley line would be the Mk. II. The Mk. IV didnt come out untell after World War I.)

Last edited by Evan_Himmel on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Well so much for stealth. The fox slipped out of the trees back onto the road to get a better look at the lion with one hand placed on his Webley Mk. IV, just in case.
(I thoght in the time period of 1895 the latest in the Webley line would be the Mk. II?)

(good point let me check that?)
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks," Niam said, "I do many things, sort of a jack of all trades. My father was an archaeologist, but he is retired now. I've been traveling around the world looking..." Niam's eyes looked down the road as his voice trailed off.

He took a left where the fox had indicated and continued to speak, "...looking for a very nasty gang of people, but they always manage to give me the slip..." Niam noticed the fox looking at the boxes. "In my travels I've met a great deal of people. Of all kinds, and some merchants too, most of those boxes are samples of what they have to offer, they asked me to spread around there offers wherever I go."
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
(I thoght in the time period of 1895 the latest in the Webley line would be the Mk. II?)

(According to my source the British Army issued the Mk. IV in 1887.)
Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

(Here is a Wiki site for Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley_Revolver . So to put it in a way, In bon bon's time line the Mk. IV or the "Boer War" Model wont come out for anuther four years 1899.)

Last edited by Evan_Himmel on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

(Here is a Wiki site for Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley_Revolver )

((I was just reading that as well, my own weapon is a Mauser C96, not offically released untill 1896, Niam managed to win his in a card game, it was a prototype. (For future reference)))
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Looking for someone?" he adjusts uncomfortably, "Is that what brings you to Bon Bon?"
He can't be looking for me. I always work alone and he said gang.
"So an archaeologist? I've heard that is a dangerous and very competitive business. He must have been good to be able to keep a job."
"Well currently... make a right here ...I'm out of a job and am a kind of 'Jack-of-all-trades' myself. Mind if I tag along?"
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

(Here is a Wiki site for Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley_Revolver . So to put it in a way, In bon bon's time line the Mk. IV or the "Boer War" Model wont come out for anuther four years 1899.)

(I saw that as well. Thank you I'll need to fix that. And inform my source http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWwebley.htm)
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's alright with me," said Niam, "been pretty stressful lately, I've been told that Bon Bon is a good place to relax, as far as work goes, we hit it pretty big a few years ago, enough to set the whole family for life..." His eyes glazed over again, as if remembering something painful. Niam took a right and kept driving down the road.

"Right now I'm just looking for a flat in Bon Bon, were I can 'hang my hat' so to speak for a while and try to 'releave' some stress."

---------

((I wrote a small excerpt on the 'crimson hand' in my fursona here: Niam's Fursona))
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'll be back in a little to continue this I left my room & am posting this via American cell phone in Germany so it doesn't work all that well. Sorry.)
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:
(I'll be back in a little to continue this I left my room & am posting this via American cell phone in Germany so it doesn't work all that well. Sorry.)

((No Problem.))
Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

(I saw that as well. Thank you I'll need to fix that. And inform my source http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWwebley.htm)
(The site only says when the original webleys were released in general (1887,) and that the English army perfered the MK. IV. I dont see eny thing on when the mk. IV line was released on the site.)
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

(The site only says when the original webleys were released in general (1887,) and that the English army perfered the MK. IV. I dont see eny thing on when the mk. IV line was released on the site.)

(Oh shit, now i feel like a dumb ass. Embarassed
I'm just going to stop talking.)
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(where was I?)
"Just going to relax then eh? Sorry but I'm not much help there, I don't know anyone there. Make the next right and go straight. I wasn't there for long."
"The people there are rather FRIENDLY." he laughs a little as he thinks back, "Yeah, I'm sure relaxing won't be a problem."
Evan_Himmel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

(It's alright, no harm done. Also, now you know, and knowing is half the battle *G.I. Joe theme plays*)
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:
Evan_Himmel wrote:
ShadowFox13 wrote:

(It's alright, no harm done. Also, now you know, and knowing is half the battle *G.I. Joe theme plays*)

(off topic, the new movie [G.I. Joe] doesn't look too bad)
Niam Maxtor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, that's good," said Niam. He turned the vehicle right and continued straight down the road shadowfox had indicated. They traveled in silence for a few minutes.

"So this person your looking for," Niam said starting up conversation again, "Greenback I believe you called him? Just vanished? Thats odd..."
ShadowFox13
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I didn't think it was possible for someone to just vanish like that but soon as you enter the town..." he looks for the right words trying not to give too much information to this stranger, "...your past, your history, your life prior to arriving no longer matters and just disappears. His physical being is still in the town but William Greenback, he is gone."
He lowers his head and takes a deep breath thinking about his failure, "Bon Bon isn't just a place to go to relax, it's a place to disappear."
He suddenly remembers that he is directing Niam where to go and looks up, Idiot! Pay attention. "Stop! you needed to make that last right and then stay on that trail the rest of the way into Bon Bon."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4