FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
The New Tobaccanist
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: The New Tobaccanist Reply with quote

At the top of the ladder, a short, ruddy-grey furred, wolverine-girl checks to make sure the sign is perfectly level. Zipping down the ladder, she looks up to inspect her handiwork. Crossing her arms, she smiles, statisfied that the sign is level, and won't blow off its hinges.

Speaking aloud to herself, she says, "Caroline Wellwater's Tobacco, Matches, and Pipe Shop." Pursing her lips, she looks around nervously and mumbles, "I sure hope someone here smokes... else I'll never be able to repay for the sign."

Moving to the glass-door of her shop, she unlocks it. Opening the door, she looks up, and checks to make sure the small bell chimes as the door opens. Stepping inside she twists the sign to "Open", and nervously does busy work waiting for the first customer to arrive.

++++++

Um... okay, so I've been here a while, but, and this is going to sound so repetitive, I still get nervous talking with people online. Hence the wolverine. Usually calm and "cares-less" sort of attitude, they panic when startled, and start chewing and biting everything. Um... not that I chew and bite, but, you know.

So... um... hi.
Tsavo
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Welcome, and what a great idea for an occupation!! I'll come back later and post in character when I have a bit more time))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Thanks Tsavo... usually people don't seem to mind drinking or whatnot, but... smoking always seems to get a bad reputation. So I guess I kinda got the idea from the whole "Fursona Occupation" thread. There were some awesome ideas in there... So, while i was at the mall, yeah, I know lame, I walked past an actual tobaccanists shop and was "That's totally what I'm doing!"))

((And... noob question, but parenthses are ooc then?))
peter_wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(ya they are and i might be in your shop a lot if you sell tobacco buy its self my fursona likes to use it in certain things at his job so i might be seeing a lot of you hope you bisness dose very well for you)
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Yes, parentheses (or brackets, as us Brits call them) are one method of showing that you're talking OOC. That and other roleplaying etiquette can be found in this topic: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6314 if you're interested. I have done roleplaying in the past, but so far I haven't got into any of the roleplays here. As my fursona does not smoke much, I probably won't be joining here, either (plus the fact that I kinda want to wait until I've fully established everything about my fursona, which I'm sad to say I haven't yet).

Welcome to Bon Bon, and I hope you have a long and enjoyable stay. Don't worry about the nervousness, most of us can totally relate to that. Also, while I personally don't smoke, and - as mentioned above - my fursona rarely does, smoking was quite popular back in Victorian times, and I'm pretty sure several of the fursonas here do, so I'm sure your job will be fine.))

Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(welcome to bon bon.)

Drodel was walking down the street in his blacksmith outfit when he stopped and looked at a sign that was not there yesterday.Hmm Caroline Wellwater's Tobacco, Matches, and Pipe Shop. might as well take a look and see what they got.Drodel thought as he walked to the door and opened it. As he opened the door he herd the chimes go off, Then he noticed a wolverine across the room.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Henk Cobra noticed the new shop in bonbon. *

(lets look here and find out what I can buy her and make some new friends)

*Enters the shop and walks to the wolverine girl*

Hello beauty how I don't know, but can I have the honor to know your name and what kind of shop you have?

* Bows lightly and kisses the paw of the wolverine girl*

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((This is way more replies than I thought I'd get... so... um... wow. I'm not really used to this kinda attention, so... just wow. I um... kinda just thought this was going to be my hello. Um... so... here goes.))

Hearing the bell chime, and by memorization Caroline called out from behind the main counter, "Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment." Finishing with the cigar display, sheclosed the humidor, and tucked a hand-rolled cigarette behind her ear. She took a fraction of a second to smooth the leather smock she wore. She turned and noticed an owl had entered the shop. Not soon thereafter, a towering, burly, but well dressed, naga also entered. Before she could say anything, the naga had smiled, kissed her hand, and winked.

Thick with an American accent she stammers a reply, "Um, ah, um... hello to you too. Wow, this is going to get some getting used too. Welcome to Caroline's." Nervously pulling her paw away, she looked down at the floor and appologized, "Do forgive, sir, but the owl did enter prior to you." ((You are an owl, right, Drofgod969? I think I saw somewhere you said you had updated your avatar or something.))

Turning her attention to the owl, the wolverine-girl said, "Hi, I'm Caroline. Caroline Wellwater... and it's good to see you. Is there a particular smoke you were looking for? I have tobacco from such exotic locations as persia, egypt, and even from the orient. I still haven't gotten any of my stock from South America, but that should be in by post next week. Or, if you like a milder-sweet blend, I have some of my families stock from Virginia. Or perhaps some pipe accoutrements? You look more like a pipe smoker."
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((AAAHHH!!! Sorry about the double posting.))
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Hi, Caroline. Just want to say Welcome and hope you'll enjoy the forum and chatting with others here. ^w^))
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[very cool, I like the description of your character and the idea for your character's profession. I'm sure there are many who would enjoy venturing into your store for some good smoke, after all, not many knew about the harmful effects of tobacco use in the 1800s. On the other hand, myself being Native American, I have a few ritual uses for tobacco beyond smoking, so my fursona will likely be an occassional customer Wink ... welcome to the boards, Caroline.]

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget snuff, it was what people use to shove up their nose before someone discovered cocaine. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of cocaine, that particular drug was around and thriving during this time period. In fact, the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes was a big fan of the drug, and it was placed in all sorts of products, including being an ingrediant in the famous original recipe of Coca-Cola. You could pick up cocaine in powder, smokeable, and injectable forms from your doctor or local pharmacist... *raises an eyebrow at Kommy*

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* henk smiles to the wolverine girl and wait until it's his turn.
While Drodel and Caroline are talking about the kinds off tobacco are a falibale in the shop, henk looks around and taste the smell off countless tobaccos with one slid of the tongue.

From time to time he looks back to Caroline, she's a lovely girl, smells good, has a nice voice and has wonderful breast.

When she goes to the backside of the shop Henk gives Drodel a tap with his tail to get his attention*

Drodel, what do you think of Caroline and I had a relationship?

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(yes Drodel is a owl. Don't y'all think that the ooc chat that y'all are doing can be done in Fursona Occupations. Also don't worry about people that join you will get use to it. Also sorry about using your fursona.)

Drodel hears the chimes go off and sees Henk enter and walk to the wolverine on the other side of the room. Then he hears what they both say. "Well Caroline i am not looking for anything particular." Drodel said then added. "Well i am looking for a good pipe if you got any." Drodel said. Caroline then looked around and noticed that she forgot to put the pipes out. "Ie!" She exclaimed as she ran into the back. "Sorry about that i have been so nervous about the opining that i forgot about them." She yelled from the back looking and grabbing different pipes. *heirs what Henk says* "You try to hard and also i think she is a little to busy for a relationship right now. Let things calm down a little for her then ask." Drodel said to Henk.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((To Johnny Psycho: Well... she did say that she had tobacco from such far off places as 'the orient'))

((To Henk Cobra: Um... you might not want to talk about Caroline's chest where she might be able to hear you. Being as that I'm small chested in real-life, I just kinda translated that to Caroline too... um... yeah, I know, lame, but... do what with you know, right? And, while it doesn't bother me anymore, I still think it might be kinda in-character if it did bother her.))

((Sorry about taking so long to get back to this... um... you know. Holiday's and family.))

Caroline lambasted herself for forgetting something so obvious as her pipe display. Quickly running to the back of her shop, the wolverine-girl picked up the rack, and hurriedly brought it back to the counter. She sets it down, so Drodel can take a good look at it.

"I have several tipes of pipes, most made from hickory. But I do have a couple from corn cobs, and I have one made from spicewood... though, I'm still waiting for most of the rest of my pipe goods. I've got no tamps, scoops, knives... I do have pipe matches in pleanty though. I really hope the post arrives soon so much of my store isn't even here yet. If you have any questions about any of the pipes, just let me know."

"If you'll excuse me a moment, Mr. Owl." Turning quickly to face the naga, "Um, sir, if you'd like a sample of the tobacco, I'd be happy to grind some up for you. Or were you looking for anything in particular. OH! I do have some wiskey-cured leaf in the back as well. Enough for a good pound at least. And it's good wiskey too... from Lexington."

For a moment, the wolverine-girl looked around between her two customers. After a moment, she realized just how long the naga had been looking at her from the corner of her eye. "Is, there something wrong, Mr. Naga? You've... been looking at me a lot. I know usually Naga's and Wolverines don't get along terribly well, but if you keep that sword-thing of yours sheathed, I don't see us having a problem."
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* henk smiles, the wolverine girl is very attractive by her smell and her character. *

Euh , wel eueh when I enter you shop I would buy the thing thats smells so wonderfull, but now I can't buy it because it was you, miss caroline.

* Henk starts to blush and look to caroline, hows also starts to blush*

Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drodel just politely waits for Caroline to turn her attention back to him, while he waits he checks out the pipes she placed in front of him. Hmm not exactly what i am looking for.Drodel thought as he picked up a pipe and carefully examined it. When she turned her attention back to Drodel he asked. "Got any that is resistant to being burned from a fire?" Drodel asked.

"A fire?" Caroline asked puzzled.

"Oh. Sorry where are my manners." Drodel said as he turned his full attention to her. "My name is Drodel Ovadin local blacksmith and jewlcrafter." Drodel said in a polite tone while taking a bow. "I am looking for a pipe that is resistant so in case i drop it in the fire or a peace of hot mettle flies onto it." Drodel said as he resumed looking at the pipes.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiling amused, the wolverine girl rolls her eyes at the Naga and chuckles. "You must really like wooing the women here... not something I'm used to from the States. Most men tend to go for the girls that look... well... fluffier, as Papa would say. But, you still have me at a disadvantage. You know my name, yet I don't know yours."

Caroline heads over to the owl again, but quickly looks over her shoulder at the Naga. "Though, I will say, if you think I smell nice, it's really the tobacco and wiskey. I don't wear perfume."

Pulling the rolled cigarette from behind her ear, Caroline lights it, and takes a long drag off it, savoring its tang. Turning her attention back to the owl, the Tobacconist thinks for a moment. "So... a fire-resistant pipe, eh? You know, technically, all my pipes are fire resistant... but I think you mean one that won't instantly catch fire in hot coals."

She thinks for a moment, and walks back to her counter. Kneeling, she rummages through a couple of drawers, and in a few of the displays. "Well... I do have this one. A Spaniard asked I make it from a solid piece of onyx... and then he never came back to buy it. I can assure you, it's one of a kind."

Offering the pipe, to Drodel, she turns her head back to the Naga, and asks, "So, other than me, were you looking for anything? You're right, I'm not for sale. I hate to say this, but that... saber of yours looks like it could break just from being drawn."

Walking back the counter, the wolverine digs out an item not on display, and puts it atop the glass. Unsnapping the fasener, she draws out a knife the size of a mans forearm. "Now, this is a weapon worthy of a hunter. A Bowie knife. Made from hardened steel, bessimer process, finest quality from Pittsburgh, and sharp enough to cut through sheet tin. I don't normally sell these, but if my pipes and cigars aren't to your liking, perhaps you might find this entertaining."

Smirking, she finishes, "And don't think I don't know how to use them. First thing Daddy taught all us girls was how to gut a deer... next was how to filet a fish... and then he taught us how to say 'papa'."
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* After Drodel has got a choice to make, henk taps Caroline shoulder to make a apologize*

Well Caroline you are right, my apologize for not given my name. I'm Henk Cobra, Commando and the reason that I have entered your shop is that I smelled you and something of home. Do you have any tobacco from the Netherlands or Japan?

* Henk takes a flower of satin out his board pocket, its 5 cm long and 2 cm bread the flower is red and a little green stalk and give it to Caroline*

Please accept this gift for my raggedness.

Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I think i went a little overboard with the pipe...)

"Wow! This is wonderful." Drodel said with a hint of excitement in it while he gently grabed the Pipe from her paws. It was made out of Onix and was black as night, it also shined like it was a star. It had a figure of a female fox on the front just like the bow of a ship. On the sides was imprints of battles between mid evil armies, fighting in a endless battle that is frozen in time. Drodel was entranced with the pipe for a minuet, not hearing anything that was said until he happened to see Henk pull a flower out of his pocket and apologized. I think i will wait for them to get done talking then i will ask her about the pipe.Drodel thought as he returned his attention to the pipe.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You... sure you want to give this to me?" she asked with a bit of hesitation accepting the flower from Henk. "There are so many other prettier girls in town that this flower would serve you well with."

Seeing he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer, she placed the flower in the front pocket of her shirt, tucking it in so that the stem coiled around the bottom of the pocket, and only the flower bloom poked out. "Thank you, Henk. It goes well with my fur. All this attention really is going to take some getting used to."

Chewing on her lower lip, Caroline freezes up for a moment. Not used to people paying attention to her, as her sisters were head-and-shoulders more beautiful, she fusses with the flower, and with the colar of her shirt trying to find something interesting to say.

Looking over at Drodel, she excuses herself from Henk, and hastily returns to the owl. Selling things, she was good at. Dealing with people who actually noticed her... not so much.

Speaking to Drodel, she beings to tell him of the history of the pipe. "Yes, I think I actually did pretty good on that one. Most of my tools are woodworking, and I was worried that I wouldn't get clean lines, or be able to chisel away at the onxy without it shattering. I feel kinda bad that he never came back to get it, but... shoot, I guess I've had that pipe for some six years now... so I guess he's not coming back. But, the spaniard was some kinda Don or something... I guess that's like a lord. He was a beagle, and asked me to make him a pipe where, 'They're always be one fox where he can chase, but never, quite, catch'."

Seeing him study the pipe, she asks, "Is there something you'd like to know about it?"
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henk looked around in the shop to find a good tobacco how reminded him of home. But every 5 seconds he had to look to Caroline. ( What is happening to me. My hart is pumping faster when she aproce and her smile, what a smile.) When Caroline has given Drodel some information about some pipes she walks back to henk and giggles and blush.

Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drodel just stood there as Caroline explained the history of the pipe. "A fox he will never catch..." Drodel said looking at the pipe. He then looked at Caroline and started talking. "Three things, How much for the pipe, I am now looking for something to smoke that just lets my mind wonder and let time slip away, got anything like that?" Drodel said as he grabbed his coin purse.

Caroline stood there for a secant and replied." I might, and the third?"

"I will tell you after we are done." Drodel said putting the pipe on the counter.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about the tobacco Drodel asked for she replies, "Well... I'd have to say a mello tobacco, if you want something that'll let your mind wander. My families leaf is the best for that. I'll have to get a bit out of the curing shed out back."

"As for a price on the pipe... um... tell you what. You let people know about my shop, and I'll let you have it for free. The spaniard paid for the pipe before I had even made it, and I'd hate to charge twice for it."

Still figiting with the flower, she glanced over at the naga and said, "I could also get a bit of the leaf I picked up while in Indochina... it's not from the low country, or Japan, but it might suffice. Would you like me to get that?"
peter_wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*walking down the street Apachi noticed a new shop that said it sold tobacco Apa was very curious about it he wounderd if they might have some hurbs form his homeland he walked to the door and paused right out the door when he heard someone talking in side*

"m must be popular already lets see whos in side." Apa said to him self.

*Apa opens the door and walks in side to see Henk, Drodel and someone ells he took to be the owner of this place.*

"oh well what do we have here how are you two doing?" Apa said to Henk and Drodel
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the door bell chimes again, Caroline greets the new customer, "Welcome to Caroline's Tobacco Shop. I'm Caroline Wellwater, the proprietor. Feel free to look around, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, once I finish with these two gentlemen."
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Henk holds the tobacco how Caroline offered and taste it's smell. ( Good, smells like the wash house where I and the other samurai in training where looking to the wash maids and there legs.) Henk thought.*

Caroline, this is the tabaco where I was looking for. But I don't have a pipe.

Do you have someone who will fits me?

* Then Apachi walks in and Caroline welcomes him and walks back to Henk and Drodel*

Good day Apachi, time to get some memories of home?

Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, how thought full of him and you."Drodel said as he turned his head to see who entered. "Well well well it's Apa." Drodel said as he turned his body also at Apa and walked over and offered him a handshake. "Oh." Drodel said as he turned his head around. "I'll take some, also do you have any personal weapons?"
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henk place him self near Drodel " Do you think it's whys to give her a hand weapon? A teacher in the use of it and hand to hand combat will be better.
Why not you and me?!" Henk speak fast and low so that Caroline can't hear it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10