FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Path of Darkness Chapter 9: RP thread ONLY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Path of Darkness Chapter 9: RP thread ONLY! Reply with quote

Path of Darkness
By Sean J. McDowell AKA Shadow9808 / zaneskyfire

Copyright Warning: Any attempt to steal Leon Silvercross or ANY of my characters shall have me track you down, tear off your leg, kick your ass with it, freeze dry it after you bleed to death and mail it to your closest relative/friend. All gust staring charicters are used with their permission and I will asisst them in enforceing my protection law for their charicters if you steal them as well. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Chapter 9
A Day in Town

The sun's bright rays weren't the first think to wake Leon that morning. Rather it was a child's ball flung into the window that managed to nail him right between his ears and mussle that stired him from sleep. His eyes opened slowly, with a hint of annoyence gleaming in the twin pools of jade, before he finaly bothered to grab the ball on his chest, nd place his feet onto the floor. "That's what I get for leaving my window open." Walking to the open panes of glass, the buck looked down to see a small gathering of worried children. Apparently, they were worried he was going to keep their ball.

He smiled at their looks of shock as he droped the ball back down to them, the children's youthful eyes turning up to the buck. "You kids be more mindful about where you play, alright? Wouldn't want you to lose your ball to someone less friendly!" The children gladly gave their thanks to the buck before they dashed off, leaving the young man to smile. "Ah, the innocence of childhood. In a place like this, those kids will have a bright future ahead of them." Taking the time to close his windows, the young buck dressed himself for the day. A simple, white buttoned up shirt with sleeves cut at the elbow, brown pants with one sleeve taylored for his leg brace, and a unbutoned tan vest clothed his frame, before he wraped his feet and hands tight in bandages.

He shortly there after steped into the streets, taking note right away of all the looks he recived. Men who were curious, th bright eyed admiration of children, and they one that made him hurry off to a cafe, the sulty looks of many a woman who felt an atraction from his body alone. It took him only a few minettes to arrive at the cafe, where he ordered himself some breakfast. As was his morning routine, he planed to have something to eat before he went to the forest to continue training. He had no clue he'd encounter many a person today that would keep him from home till dusk...
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Just a bump as I wait for SOMEONE to respond so I can get the chapter underway again.)
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I guess im the first eh?)

Crimson was sitting at the table enjoying his drink when he noticed the young buck enter the cafe. Crimson has seen him before but could not put his foot on it. The buck showed a tough exterior like this one mercenary he knew and was confident that his reason was just. Rubbing the pain out of his right eye, Crimson watched the buck wanting to know more about him.
Marauder
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone sits out on the patio, letting a light breakfast get cold as he's engrossed with the blueprints he has spread out on every inch of the table and then some. He's currently hard at work with mechanical pencil, protractor, and ruler, gnawing on his lower lip as he tries to figure out why the toggle assembly just doesn't quite look right, squinting at the blueprint despite the bright sunlight.
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((pPlese don't forget to go indepth with your charicter apperences, gentlemen!))

For once, Leon sighed in content that there was only a handful of women in the cafe, and it seemed they all had come with a male compaion to dine with. For only a moment did his ears sag a little, almost like they were going to lay flat on his head, as he recalled how he used to do the same with someone close to his heart. Before the more tradgic memory of her could return, he allowed his eyes to look up and take notice of two of the other gentlemen in the cafe this morning.

For only a moment did his jade eyes stare at the young bat that was looking at him, his old instincts made alert of two things. The first was that many of the bats he had met in the past had not been on good terms with him. Ether they hired him to try and kill a innocent creature, or they were the masterminds of many of the plots to kill the Hunter. What had him more curious, however, was that this gent was out in the morning sun, rather than at home, fast asleep.

While his staring remained for only a moment, the buck's eyes shifted to the many blueprints that had been laid out across one of the tables, much like a spread cloth. Right away he was reminded of Igor, who would spend entire meals eatting and drawing new prints for what ever idea had entered his head at the time. He was very curious to at least speak to ether one of the two people who caught his atention, but being that he was new to the town, and the metal frame that held his leg and foot for suport, he almost felt like an outcast here.

Then again, years of your life spent fighting, slaying and risking your life, limb and soul to hunt the things better left to common fantasy would have that toll on any man.
Marauder
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The badger sits up from his drawing, and begins rolling it up, apparently satisfied for the moment. Noticing the stranger he calls out, "Good morning, feel free to join me and take a load off your hooves." noticing the leg brace as he tucks the first of the blueprints away.
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young kangaroo shruged as he rose from his chair, and with just a bit of effort, made his way to the badger's table, and pulled out a seat. "Thank you. It's nice to already meet a friendly face so soon." The young kangaroo buck extended his hand in a offer for a handshake. "My name is Leon Silvercross, of the Silvercross House. If you don't mind me pointing it out, I couldn't help but notice you were lookig over a blueprint or two a moment ago. Please don't think of me as being rude by saying so, but you remind me of a dear friend who I owe my life to more times than I can count. And you are?"
Taliesin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I really hope you don't mind me popping in... always nice to do some standard roleplay.)

*The door of the cafè suddently spreads open letting sunlight paint the opposite wall with a bright golden patch of light as the caped guy sneaks in. He pulls his cape off, revealing the azure scales of his head, as eyes look in every directions. A bad habit that stuck over the poor lizard guy, to be over suspicious of new places... his whole body is hidden by the grey folds of his coat, and only his bare blue clawed feet and the long sinuous tail can be noticed as he steps towards the bar. He politely whispers greetings to the people around here as he sits on a stool near the counter, ordering an orange juice to the bartender as his green eyes get a little brighter, him starting to feel more at ease now... his tail idly wags as he waits to be served, taking a couple old worn out money from a pouch bag within the mantle. As he moves his coat, the glittering silver of the sheath of a long sword shivers for a moment in the sunlight filtering from the windows, getting back hidden by the mantle as soon as he's paid for his breakfast. He blinks, and takes the long, thin glass filled with orange juice into his paw, examinating it. Such glasses are just not good for reptile snouts, as the big muzzle always gets in the way... he hardly achieves to drink without spilling the juices all over him. He pours the whole content into his maw before laying the glass back on the bar, licking his lips with a pleased expression, as it was so sweet and smooth. He gives a brief look around, leaning against the counter, noticing the roo and the badger discussing*
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson watched the kangaroo as he struggled to walk over to the badgers table. "Hmm it seems that he was just been in a fight and that leg brace is the fruits of that fight." He thought.

Just as he finished his drink a newcomer enters the cafe. The newcomer reminded him of an old friend back in New York. Crimson let out a big stretch, his scared wing growing twice the size. He then called over a waitress "Pardon me miss but is there any chance that you have any fresh fruit this early in the day?" Crimson said with a smile. "Let me go check for you Crimson." She said turning to head to the back. Crimson then grabs his brown hat and grey coat and heads to the seat next to the reptile. "Pardon me boyo is this seat taken?" gesturing to the stall next to him.
Taliesin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lost as usual into his stream of thoughts, the sudden words addressed to him make him jump lightly on his chair, and look to the well mannered bat aside him with still surprised eyes* n-no, certainly not, Sir... *he offers a gentle embarassed smile, feeling a bit disappointed to himself for having overreacted as usual. He sits back as he was before, looking forward in the void in front of him, pretending nothing happened, but giving a side look towards the guy aside him, he notices him still looking at him* n-nice day, hm? *he says, still smiling, tilting his head a little as he notices the bartender walking by* Excuse me sir! May I have another orange juice for me, please, and something to drink for the gentleman aside me as well, too... *he nervously checks the moneybag he carries and gives a couple tingling coins to the man behind the counter, that looks at the bat guy, waiting for him to ask for something to drink* Please, would you honour me and me my guest for this morning? *the lizard voice relaxed a little, gaining some of his confidence back again as he looks at the guy, patiently waiting for a reply*
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson smile to the lizards reaction and held up hand to sign that the lizard did not need to pay for him. "Thank you for the offer but im more that happy to pay." Crimson said with a friendly smirk. Placing his hat on the counter next to him and his trench coat on the back of his stool, once he took his seat Crimson turned to Lizard. "So my friend what brings you to Bon Bon?"
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Just so you guys know, only posts related to Leon and that fit with the story shall make it into this chapter. Just fair warning this isn't a free RP thread.))
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quiet atmosphere that morning was broken by a voice, booming with anger.

"STONE!"

The name that was projected into the small cafe brought everyone's attention to the coyote in the blue suit... or rather, what remained of a blue suit, as the right sleeve of his long, well-tailored suit coat was torn to the elbow. The look on the coyote's face was of such pure, unadulterated anger and rage that many who knew Johnny Six-Killer, the usually jovial and high-spirited shootist, barely recognized him. He practically stomped his boots with every step as he walked toward the table where the badger and the kangaroo sat, his eyes glaring with deadly intentions on the scarred badger. If anyone ever wondered how such a good-spirited fellow like Mr. Six-Killer ever got a reputation as a dangerous outlaw, they didn't wonder any more...

"Stone, you no-good, chicken-livered, side-winding, chum-scrubbing..."

Johnny seethed as the epithets (many of which should not be repeated for the sake of propriety) came slurring out. Eventually, he seemed to run out of horrid insults and, taking a second to catch his breath, simply slammed a metal contraption onto the table in front of the badger.

"What in the blazes were you thinking, strapping this damned contraption to my arm?!?" he said, less enraged but still with great fluster. Holding up the remnants of his sleeve, he added, "The damn thing nearly took my arm off! I told you I didn't want to 'test out' any new modifications to any screwy inventions for yours, Stone!"

Anyone close enough to inspect just what Mr. Six-Killer had thrown so uncerimoniously in front of Robert Stone would have seen what looked like a mess of metal springs, rods, leather straps, and what appeared to be a small derringer pistol. Whatever the contraption was, it evidently did not perform to Mr. Six-Killer's satisfaction.

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Just to clarify, I described Mr. Stone as "scarred", not "scared"... If anything, I predict the mad inventor has probably had some experiences with Johnny's wild moods in the past, especially as a result of Johnny being his reluctant "guinea pig", so to speak, on many occasions... he might be far from "scared".]

Johnny's backstory
Taliesin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Don't worry, Sir Leon. We had to introduce in someways... and seems like things are getting interesting already Smile )

well, I beg your pardon, Sir bat, but I allowed myself to pay for both me and you already... Anyways, I'm Taliesin an- *he gets interrupted as the apparent morning tranquility is broken by the shouting angry coyote, him making such a fuss that he almost falls backwards from the stool* eep!! *he achieves to keep himself up with his strong tail, getting back in balance on the rather uncomfy seat* J-Johnny? *he blinks twice as he looks at the canine guy shouting so loudly towards the badger* I-I must apologize, my kind sir, but I think I'd better check noone gets hurt *he hops down and trots to the only one he could consider a friend in town till that moment* h-hey, buddy, a-are you all right? *he nervously looks around as he gently places a paw over Johnny shoulder, specially wattching at the sitting duo expressions, not really wanting anyone to over-react and put up a fight...*
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson nodded to the lizard as a sign that he may leave. He sat back watching the confrontation that if someone was to over react that Crimson would be the first to put an end to it.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[just waiting for a response from Marauder]

Johnny's backstory
Marauder
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the coyote's anger, he makes no reply until Johnny's tirade winds down. When it does, he raises one finger in a 'wait a minute' gesture and pulls a monocle (actually a highly-powered magnifying lens) and examines the contraption, snorting in contempt. "Whoever made this... thing has made a wonderful combination of a flawed design, substandard materials, and shoddy workmanship. In short, it is most certainly not mine. May I ask where you came across this?"
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wagged his finger and shook his head, his voice less angry but still very annoyed.

"Oh no, you're not pulling this one on me again! You know damn well this is yours, because it's the same one you gave me back in Mississippi, during that whole riverboat poker tournament fiasco! Remember, when the Elton Gang came to rob the boat, and I was left with a spring-loaded hunk of junk stuck inside my sleeve? Well, this time it flew out when I went to shake another man's hand this morning! Took the whole sleeve with it! Look, the stupid strap even has your little brand-mark on it!"

As the badger took another look at the remains of the contraption, Johnny continued to fume.

"That was a dirty trick, by the way, getting that otter girl to come by and drop it off to me. She said she was 'a big fan of my act,' and that she had 'wanted to give me a present as appreciation.' I should have recognized your handiwork as soon as I openned the damn box she had given me..."

Oblivious to the attention he was recieving from the room full of strangers, Johnny continued his somewhat one-sided conversation.

"Just who is this 'Jillian', anyway? And why do you have her doing your dirty work for you?"

Johnny's backstory
Marauder
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*frowns as he takes a closer look.* "Hmm, Upon further examination, this is a very old prototype with some modest improvements. I perfected the mechanism years ago. *holds up his left arm and twitches the two lowest fingers, causing a Remington double-derringer to slide into his paw, striking snake-fast and whisper-quiet. He harrumphs when he hears the name.* "Ah, that explains things. Jillian is my apprentice and must have thought this was a functional model. Send me the bill for the repair or replacement of your coat. Also, should you like to try the current version of the sleeve holster, stop by my shop. .44-40 is still your preferred caliber of ammunition, is it not?"
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opens his mouth as if to argue some more, but (perhaps miraculously) shuts it right away. For once, Johnny seems to be contemplating Robert's words very carefully.

With a resigned sigh, Johnny responds, "Okay, fine! You'll pay for the damages to my good suit, BUT I'm not going to put another one of your danged contraptions on my body again! I mean it this time, Stone!"

Looking around at the faces staring at him, whom Johnny seemed at last to notice for the first time, he was suddenly all smiles again. It was quite bizarre seeing his temper so suddenly shift directions from bitter anger to calm cheeriness. He waved at Taliesin and Crimson as he noticed them sitting not too far away, the loose remnants of his sleeve swaying comically, his entire forearm bare to the elbow.

Turning back to the badger, he said, "Oh, wait, I forgot to say, I got my revolver modified to take a special .45 Long Colt. Here, take a look..."

Johnny patted his pockets for a moment, then remembered that he didn't carry live ammunition into town... then remembered the one bullet he always carried just in case. Reaching into the small leather pouch that always hung around his neck, Johnny's fingers dug out a .45 caliber round and placed it on the table. It wasn't until it was out and in the sunlight that Leon noticed the bullet shined of silver, and that a cross had been etched into the tip.

[FYI: Johnny's sidearm is a modified Colt M1860 Army revolver, the same weapon his father used in the Civil War and given to Johnny when he left Kansas. In the years since, he's had it modified to use various caliber cartridges as the functionality of the original .44 paper cartridges fell to the wayside. Johnny has never once considered just buying a new gun instead of going through the expensive task of customizing it. He also still carries an old Spencer repeating rifle, largely unmodified over the years.]

Johnny's backstory

Last edited by JohnnyPsycho on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feingo Ferinton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If I'm not mistaken, that bullet fires from a Navy Arms revolver, correct?" Came a low voice from across the room. Its source was a muscular white wolf in an Army officers uniform, with a scar running across his right eye, sitting at the bar. The military gentleman had overheard the whole conversation, and had to place his pity with Johnny, knowing only too well how often modern gizmos got in the way of good, old fashioned elbow grease.

"Hell of a gun, though I prefer 'Lizzy' here." He patted the holster on his side which housed his Ruger long-barrel .44 Mag. revolver, the gun he had used during his military service, and that his father had given to him just before he died. He had named it "Lizzy" after his mother, Elizabeth Ferinton. Though he could usually be found with a stiff drink in his hand, he now drank from a cup of black coffee. (Though nobody could be sure if that's all that was in the mix)

Feingo's story:
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5873
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, hey there, soldier! I didn't see you when I came in," Johnny replied, then smirked at all of the familiar faces he was seeing in the cafe this morning. "This place must serve one hell of a breakfast."

Johnny, now seemingly oblivious to Stone and his earlier anger, casually chatted up the Commander. He placed a hand on the table to lean on, accidentally knocking the silver bullet in front of the kangaroo buck. It became evident to Leon now that the bullet had been sitting in that leather pouch amidst a mix of dried tobacco and sage leaves. The morning light gleamed off the shimmering silver and its copper jacket, both showing some strange yet very articulate etched symbols on them. Whoever crafted this bullet cartridge definitely had vampires or some other similar creatures in mind...

Johnny's backstory
Marauder
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone Harrumphs as Johnny's tirade winds down. "Oh, there was one thing I was going to ask. I'm testing my latest prototype tomorrow after I finish the latest round of modifications. I think you might enjoy trying it out, and I truly would appreciate your opinion."
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely oblivious to his own vow to never test out another of Stone's inventions, a vow he had made only a minute earlier, Johnny waves his hand dismissively and says, "Yeah, okay, sure... sounds like fun, Robert."

It wouldn't be until the next day that Johnny would curse himself again for his own foolishness and short attention-span, but for the moment at least he seemed to be his old chipper self again.

"Shoot, I sure could go for some tasty vittles myself," Johnny said as he sat down next to Stone and Leon without bothering to ask to join them. Rubbing his palms together anxiously, he replies, "I hope they serve up some good grits in this place..."

[Really hoping Leon can make a reapperance in here soon... I can only kill time for so long Wink ]

Johnny's backstory
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(As I said guys, I'm scraping this for Chapter 9. I've started writing it proper for thee time being, but with the move and writer's block, it's not going anywhere for a while.)
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[well crap... now what?... I went through all that work to get Leon involved for nothin' Sad *balls up some imaginary paper and throws it in the metaphorical trash bin*]

Johnny's backstory
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Relax, Johnny. I'm finally settled into my new home, and my internet is up and running. Give me a day or two, and I'll reply; Just please excuse I won't be using this for Chapter 9.))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1