FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
JOY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Scorpia
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray. You got to be the first avatar I used.
Hope you like it.

Cool
duo2nd

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really good. Go Aston Go!
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, I really like it! woot

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honored, truely honored, that you would choose me not only to dance with, but to draw as well. And first, no less! Thank you very much. And yes, I like it. I could even go so far as to say "I love it." without exagerating.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a really nice piece of art there, Miss Scorpia. I wish I had even the smallest amount of talent, but I can't draw characters like that.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
green_fox

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very lovely Smile are they dancing a tango?
Miss Scorpia
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it right. It's a tango
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats really good! Smooth moves there Ashton
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Gracefully Bows to Miss Scorpia* All I can say is very nice works of art. Makes me wish I had some talent but I don't. The biggest problem with me drawing something would be the hands, I can never get the hands right even in a simple format. Ah well guess I keep looking at good art and dream.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive work.
Miss Scorpia
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Corran. Hope you like bird girls. Wink

Her name is Karina.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another impressive and lovely picture, Miss Scorpia. Brava!
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really well done picture, Miss Scorpia. Nice to see you use Royal member avatars.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Shadow9808
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE bird girls! That is a really great piece!
Corran
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Very well done. Thanks for including me in your art. love
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brings up an interesting question about anthropomorphic avians. Would the wings be separate appendages (as shown in the picture) or would they be part of the arms themselves (similar to a prehistoric Archaeopteryx)? I'm not criticizing Miss Scorpia's picture mind you (it is quite good by the way), just my usual curiosity once again rearing it's ugly head.

Addendum: I got it! You could call this picture... wait for it... "Fowl Play"! woot
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about the same thing myself, mostly in relation to the comic's own usage of avian characters. Looking back at all the previous comics, I've seen fhree instances of avian characters (four, if you count the one in "Vanessa's Artwork" in the bonus content) who, like the old Daffy Duck and Donald Duck cartoons, seem to be flightless, wingless birds, or at least birds whose wings have evolved into humanoid arms with fingered (if still feathered) hands.

Oddly enough, it seems like only the bats in BonBon have extra wings, though I think this has more to do with a lack of other distinguishable characteristics for bats (wingless bats look a bit rodent-like or, in the case of flying foxes, canid-like), as opposed to birds (beaks, feathers, and lack of visible ears, plus the numerous real-world examples of flightless bird species). It may also have to do with the odd effects of hybridization (Scarlett being half-vampire bat, half-true vampire; Gantros half-vampire bat, half-flying fox), plus the combination of both the personal preferences of the owners of avatars (Gantros and Crimson) and precedent set by the author (Scarlett being the first bat character, of course). It could just be that every bat character seen has been among the lucky, rare creatures who have extra appendages, or it could be that bats always have extra wings, just because they're that cool. Wink

Actually, it should be noted that Scarlett seems to be able to control the size of her wings, more than likely due to supernatural powers inherited by her vampiric half. This might further point to the "extra wings are unusual" category...

Then again, this is all fantasy anyway, and in times like these, where one's logic can't help but bring up unintentional questions and doubts, one should always repeat the MST3K mantra... "Just repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, I should really just relax...'"

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to get to see outstanding new artwork when I pop my head in - great work! Smile
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man lol "Fowl Play" good one Xebulon. Anyway another good piece, nicely done.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work
Miss Scorpia
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the nice comments everybody!

I wanted to make a picture of Miss Scorpia where she was a young teen and surrounded by her little brother and sisters. This shows her before she ran away, changed her name and moved to Bonbon.

Mayby I will tell you a bite of her story one of these days. Wink
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adorable picture, Miss Scorpia.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has such a warm and fuzzy look to it. Very Happy
Corran
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work as always. Ahhh.. memories.
Bestile1
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what happenes when I'm gone our newest artist posts a whole bushel of wonderful art
Miss Scorpia
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promised to tell you a bite of Miss Scorpia Fortune's story. So here goes.

The young blue fox girl stood at the window and stared. Outside the sun shined and butterflies danced in the warm rays. A tear ran down the girl’s cheek. How could it be such a beautiful summer day when her life was about to be ruined?
“Are you ready, dear?” Her mother entered the room.
“Mom…. I don’t want to do this.” Her eyes filled with tears. “Why is daddy forcing me to do this? I am only 16 years old.”
“Honey. I tried to reason with your father, but it didn’t help He has made up his mind.”
Her mother came over to her and gave her a hug. The two vixens began to cry. “Promise me that you will write to me. I am going to miss you, my dear.”
“We have to get going now. They are waiting for us.”
The girl picked up her flowers and followed her mother out of the room. She took a look around the mansion as they passed by the rooms. She knew that this was the last time she would see her childhood home.

Her brother Jens and sisters Line and Camilla waited for her in the coach. They all looked sad. She was the oldest of the four and they had always been close. And now they didn’t know if they ever were going to see each other again.
She climbed into the coach and sad down. Her sisters cuddled themselves into her and held her tight. The coachman got the horse going.
“Astrid?” The youngest sister looked her into her eyes. “Can I come visit you when you are gone?”
In the treetops above Astrid, birds were singing like they had no care in the world. She envied them.

Jens sad on the other seat next to their mother Leonora. He didn’t look at his elder sister. He could not bare the pain in her eyes. She did not deserve this faith. He had never hated his father as much as he did in this moment. How could their father be willing to sacrifice his daughter just to gain a little social status? And if he could do this to his eldest daughter, what would stop him from doing the same thing to Line and Camilla? He knew he would never forgive his father for doing this to Astrid.
Jens also knew that he would miss Astrid bad.

Astrid could see the building getting bigger in the horizon. Her heart dropped.
A sound of bells filled the air. It should have been a sweat sound, but instead it made her shiver in terror. Her sisters held her even tighter and her mother gently stroke her cheek while she whispered: “I am so sorry”. Her brother tried to be brave, but a tear escaped and ran down his face.
They had reached their destination. The beautiful cathedral rose above them and looked threatening to them.
“It was about time!” Astrid’s father Tobias stood in front of the cathedral doors. “The lord has been waiting for you!” Astrid’s father gave her a cold look. “Wipe your face, girl! You look like garbage!”
Jens almost attacked his father but his mother placed her hand on top of his and whispered: “Don’t do it, honey. He’s too strong.” Tobias might be her husband but that was not by her own choice. She hated her husband just as much as her children did. But she was a woman and if she divorced him, he would have the sole right to the children. She could not let that happen. This way she could at least be with her children and comfort them.
But from this day she could no longer protect her oldest daughter. Her heart was breaking when she thought of what Tobias was forcing their daughter to do. That slime ball!
Astrid was climbing out of the coach when her father grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the doors. He nodded to a servant and shortly after music amerced from within the cathedral.
The doors opened and reviled an empty church, except from two persons at the Alter. One was father Mads and Astrid knew that the other one had to be lord Mandbards.
This was the first time she saw him. He was a little fat old red fox with greying hair and fur.
Her father began to walk towards the Alter and forced her to follow him.
As she walked up the aisle she began to think of what she had herd about lord Mandbards.
He had been married six times before but had no kids. All of his wifes had died in a young age. The latest died only eight mounts ago. The rumours said that he had beaten them all to death. No one dared to investigate because lord Mandbards was a close friend to the king.
She looked at him and froze. He had the coldest eyes she had ever seen, even colder than her fathers.
Her father placed her next to lord Mandbards at the Alter. The lord took a glance at her and turned towards the priest. Astrid did not hear a single word of the ceremony until her father pinched her and whispered: “Say yes, you little brad!” “Yes” she said with a trembling voice.
And then the ceremony was over. She could not stop the tears from running down her face.
Her life as she knew it was over.

To be continued.
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man the father is an S.O.B. no doubt about it. Hope you continue with this story. A sad start but still good reading. Hopefully we can see the father get whats coming to him and I hope its Jens that gives it to him.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A promising beginning... call me optimistic (or vaguely sadistic), but I have a feeling the villainous lord Mandbards will probably be due for a fitting end later in this story...

Interesting side-note, has anyone ever noticed how often arranged marriages come up as plot devices, especially forced marriages (where the children have no say in the matter).

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Yes.

Ditto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14