FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
general questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: general questions Reply with quote

i just got a couple of question to better help me with my background.

1) anyone know how old scarlett is?

2) what area is bon bon located in?

any feedback will be mosly greatful
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man this backgorund thing is harder than i thought lol
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a creature of somewhat vampiric nature, Scarlett's age is more than a little mysterious. Perhaps she's a sprightly 24. Perhaps she's much, much older. A total mystery to all concerned, save for Scarlett. And no proper gentleman asks a woman's age. Wink

As for the city of Bon Bon, itself, I can help you much more. It is in the Kingdom of Italy, Ms. Vanessa's home, in the mountains near the border of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. If my knowledge of geography serves me well, the nearest major Italian city is Venice to the southwest. To the northeast a fair ways is the great city of Vienna, capital of the Empire and one of the largest and most cosmopolitan cities of the day. Feel free if to correct me if I'm mistaken, though, any of you who know better.

Reminds me... I ought to get to work on my own little project...
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all sounds about right, Doktor, but I, for some reason, was under the impression that Bon Bon resided on the Austrian side of the mountains. I could'nt say why.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kommy is right in everything, congratulations!
Scarlett's castle isn't far from Bon Bon, but at least one day of travel divides the Delight Castle from the "Dark Castle". The castle is truly old, more than you could imagine!
Incidentally this is the cue for the start of the story about Scarlett that you'll read! Wink

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
Kommy is right in everything, congratulations!
Scarlett's castle isn't far from Bon Bon, but at least one day of travel divides the Delight Castle from the "Dark Castle". The castle is truly old, more than you could imagine!
Incidentally this is the cue for the start of the story about Scarlett that you'll read! Wink

Hmm, I didn't know there was a 'Dark Castle'. Kind puts even more emphasis on my fursona having a dichotomy with Scarlett, what with the science and sorcery, male and female, both hybrids, Dark Castle and White Tower. Sounds like a rivalry in the making...
Crimson
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thank you.
now to figure out a good background for Mr. O'Toole
its alot harder than i thought lol
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dark castle sounds very interesting.Wonder of Scarlett would like to have a gothic pipe organ installed in it? Wink
duo2nd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every evil castle needs a scary music. So why an organ?
Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duo2nd wrote:
Every evil castle needs a scary music. So why an organ?

Phantom of the Opera
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading one of the many Frankenstein and Dracula books and seeing a referance to an organ in both. It was a very long time ago so I hope you'll forgive me if I fail to remember the exact names of the books.
Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
I remember reading one of the many Frankenstein and Dracula books and seeing a referance to an organ in both. It was a very long time ago so I hope you'll forgive me if I fail to remember the exact names of the books.

That may be true, it's been a long time since I've read either, but I thought of Lon Chaney's Phantom of the Opera when I read the above post.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The organ certainly is a prominent instrument in that story, movie and otherwise, though the latest remake is oddly missing an organ. The organ itself, I mean, not its music.
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of it is due to modern society's impression of the organ as scary.In the time of Pleasure Bon Bon,the organ was viewed a lot like modern rock acts are viewed.As a "recital" instrument.Organ recitals were all the rage,especially in areas were having a symphony orchestra wasn't practical.It's interesting to note that recital organs were constructed differently from a church organ or a even a "symphonic" organ(mostly due to the placement of the stops,the amount of ranks of pipes,etc.).I have books on their construction as well as a collection of recording of various classical organ pieces.
Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Foxonian, you haven't voted for what you would like in the Flash cartoon. Only a couple days left to vote!
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,sorry.I'll take a look at that.
Bestile1
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
The organ certainly is a prominent instrument in that story, movie and otherwise, though the latest remake is oddly missing an organ. The organ itself, I mean, not its music.

you know i found that odd when i saw it the first time as well... in every other version of the Phantom the pipe organ played a major part but in this one it was absent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1