FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Individual Comic Panels?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Individual Comic Panels? Reply with quote

I was downloading my weekly comic update (no, I do not redistribute, I have a sexyfur.com account and anyone who knows Jeremy Bernal's reputation knows that he prosecutes to the fullest extent of the law!) when I noticed that when you try to save the full size image you only download the individual panel, rather than the whole page. This started on issue #4, page 13 and appears to be present on page 14. Is this a security feature, and if so, can we at least have a link to download the whole page rather than just the panels?
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is intended to speed the loading of the pages...

And yes... stop a few pirates who have been downloading our pages and reposting them on stupid chan sites, apparently they feeling like they're a hero in spreading the content. This is only hurting our sales and could ultimately cause our website to discontinue as I fear Vanessa might not feel it is profittable to continue.

Aside from that, members can still enjoy the viewing of the pages in the members area, and even print the pages using their printer to view offline.

We are re-evaluating the need for people to save the pages.

Quote:
Is this a security feature, and if so, can we at least have a link to download the whole page rather than just the panels?

Would defeat the purpose of security feature, if we did provide it as a download whole page wouldn't it? Smile

Like I said.... You can still print the page to a printer and still get the whole page.

We may redo the paneling in 3 slices instead of 25 panels... which might make it still easier for people to save and view offline if they choose not to print from the members area.

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my two cents, I'd suggest that going much further than you have now is only going to hurt the people who pay for access. This is a decent compromise.

The people who feel like heroes for distributing the content are not going to be stopped by any but the most devious technological approaches - if it's onscreen, ultimately it can be saved. The harder it is to do so, the more useful these people become to others, for doing the "hard" work.

I'm deliberately not listing techniques, of course, since the forum is open. Wink
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. We know it is not bullet proof. But those who are more 'technologically advanced or savvy, will know how to do it. Smile

We're trying to get the message to those idiot less savvy distributors who feel they're a 'Hero'. Sorry but Robin Hood mentality doesn't work in this situation...

-R

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've considered other alternatives such as flash files...

Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about what you said, so I dug up the security protocol Bernal uses for his furry site, it's called strongbox, I have the link. And like you, he was considering preventing his pics from being downloaded, but after the subscriber outcry, he opted for this, and we haven't heard anything but pirate after pirate being caught in his editorials. I'm not saying it's unbeatable, but it does seem to allow the honest subscriber to download for personal use while protecting the content from pirates. Here's the link

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That strongbox has nothing to do with image protection...

All that does is protect the site from being brute forced or password sharing...

-R

Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything those of us here who are less tech savvy can do to assist in catching/preventing pirates? Other than have a shovel handy I mean. Smile
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to have a pickaxe handy, Xebulon, just in case you come across a hard-packed patch of earth. Still, regardless of available tools, your wish to help is not unshared. Is there indeed anything those of us who want to help can do, Ronald?
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tursi wrote:
For my two cents, I'd suggest that going much further than you have now is only going to hurt the people who pay for access. This is a decent compromise.

The people who feel like heroes for distributing the content are not going to be stopped by any but the most devious technological approaches - if it's onscreen, ultimately it can be saved. The harder it is to do so, the more useful these people become to others, for doing the "hard" work.

We did warn that we'd have to take necessary measures if this story did repeat in order not to close the site for good, this is the last thing we'd want to do. Against piracy there isn't much to do aside from locking the pages, but for now we've given another chance to the readers and we won't do it. It's a matter of conscience and sadly these people have in their nature the pleasure of stealing and betraying. But we must take measures for PBB's future.
I'm very very sorry and hoping in your undrestanding that if we don't acts in some way the site will close...
It's a painful choice.
I'd like to demonstrate to them how much time I take for the comic, about a full week, and I give up all my free time for the rest, but those people are too stupid to understand.
Expecially our dear "friend" ( A Royal member traitor!)...If this idiot hadn't betrayed us you could have kept downloading PBB's pages.
Oh well...
... maybe downloading the pages this way could be a pleasant pastime for the puzzle lovers, while they wait for the page of the following week... and then you can print the page.
For now this is the only way, but we still try another better system to do.

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
Freeza790
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I peronally like the change and thnik that a 3 or 4 page split might wor better than 25. I'm just shoked that someone would download the pages and repost them.. I mean thats just a stupid idea. I've been downloading the pages but they are for my personal vault. I collect things... its kinda my trademark Wink I would never even consider re-posting pages anywhere, the idea of it seems so dirty to me.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"( A Royal member traitor!)"?! We have a traitor in our midst?! Methinks I hear the sound of a guillotine being sharpened, a noose being wound and methinks I also smell smoke, leading me to believe there are torches and a bonfire being readied. Then again, this may all be my wishful thinking. Laughing Personally, I hope you'll try even the most drastic of measures before deciding to close this most grande place you have constructed.
duo2nd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great! This is a LOT like those Art Thieves in dA at all.

Last edited by duo2nd on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
Expecially our dear "friend" ( A Royal member traitor!)...If this idiot hadn't betrayed us you could have kept downloading PBB's pages.

[sigh] It genuinely saddens me to think that someone here would deign to do such unscrupulous deeds. Alas, there are always those who feel obliged to become scoundrels. Let us pray that (insert your deity of choice) will intervene to keep them from further desecrating the goodness that Ms. Santato has brought to the world. And maybe, within the fullness of time, they can find redemption. Sad
ksathra-blackfox
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree I love this site and the comic and IMO I think my money is being well spent on supporting this site as we all know how much work and time Ms Vanessa puts into this comic and it also saddens me that someone among us would do this as well. :/
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't realize things had gone so bad that there'd be a "traitor" in our midst, but then again I suppose I'm not very surprised. It's times like this that I hope for a little "frontier justice", but I suppose that's a bit overboard. It's still nice to see so many of the other fans here willing to defend this site...

...Don't worry, boys, I've got ya covered... *clicks back the hammer to his revolver*

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the support Johnny, but I'm sure that it will be unnecessary. At least, I hope it will.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get the issues 4 pages reposted with a 3 panel slices... So you'll still be able to download and read them...

Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh! This person is a sort of beggar...
he wrote in the chan topic that was deleted that he'd pay two months, becoming a Royal Member, and giving to the other whatever he'd have managed to take from his submission. Afterwards he told everyone that if they wanted more they'd have to raise enough money to pay for his future subscription...
They may consider him an "hero", but I think he's just sly and despicable

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero or no, anyone who would steal the loving and loved work of another is despicable, at least in my eyes.
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just horrible. Confused
ksathra-blackfox
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I wonder if maybe it might be a good idea to once a year we put out a CD of the issues with different resolutions of the pages and also maybe put in some extra artwork/stories from Vanessa and other artists/writers of the various characters. Not sure how well something like that would do but it's a idea I wanted to pass along.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have sworn I posted in this thread? *shrugs*

I have a funny feeling I might know who it was. Unless, has evey royal member we've had so far gotten a pin-up/avatar right? So that kinda gives us a narrow selection of people. Especially since they're no longer active. Confused

Over here at our movie theatre, theres a clip that runs before each movie. It goes through saying "You wouldn't steal a car, you would steal a tv, you wouldn't steal a purse...Illegal downloading is Stealing!" and I find that since its too easy to do, no one really thinks they're committing a crime.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That little clip is becoming quite popular lately.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. The Royal Members will get the pages downloadable Full pages no slices.

The new members will get sliced pages....

-R

UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope no one will abuse that privilage. Confused
duo2nd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should watch myself for thieves.
ksathra-blackfox
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.
Freeza790
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also be keeping my eyes open.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As will I.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2