FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Brandon's Story
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Brandon's Story Reply with quote

Hey all. Thought I'd go ahead and gather the 'scenes' I wrote of Brandon here. Hope ya enjoy.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 1

The crewman's head snapped violently to his right, spraying the inner hull with red and bits of teeth. The meaty fist that had done the damage continued its wide arc, connecting with yet another head foolish enough to be in the way. This time the force centered upon the victim's temple, instantly glazing the otter's eyes and sending him to the floor and into unconsciousness. The owner of the fist stepped back from the two prone forms at his feet, while around him the rest of the crew filled the space of the ship's hold with the howls and roars of dissatisfaction.

How dare he?!, came the yells. To think he's fit to be among us!

Their anger centered upon the one still standing, his towering frame several heads above the ones around him. The long dark fur the covered the thickly corded muscles of his arms wavered slightly in the heated, musk scented air. Steaming breath bellowed from his barreled chest, to vent though the end of a short broad muzzle. The thin lips at its edges peeled back in a snarl, the light of the several flaming lanterns glinted off the curved pointed teeth that were exposed. Eyes the color of molten gold shined from beneath the tangled ropes of long dark hair that hung before his face, a face the color of damp earth, outlined in lighter tan. Curling around his eye, within the band of lighter fur, a black colored mark began right above his left eye and curved around, smaller claw shaped marks protuding from the outer edge before the tattoo ended at the jaw. The movement of his bare feet, as he turned to face those around him, cause the worn edges of the simple hide trousers he wore to flutter. It was his only clothing, save for the leather string of carved wooden beads that hung tightly around his neck, Otherwise, from the waist up, all was deep brown-black fur, with long strips of tan running from the pit of his arms down his sides. The typical coloring for a wolverine like him.

His thick muscles corded, short bushy tail bristled. They started for him then, a wave of angry faces with eyes filled with venom. His fisted tightened.....ready.

"STOP THIS!!!"

Heads turned to the steps leading into the hold. Holding a lantern, the captain glared at the gaggle before him. The scowl on his bill was enough to quiet them all. Despite it being the middle of the night, the old duck still wore his full uniform. Silks of blue and red, trimmed in sparkling gold, shined in the fire light. Medals clacked together upon his chest. As he strode into the hold, the crewman parted. He was short, barely reaching chest height of most of the men, but, as he looked at each with his one good eye, they showed tremendous respect by cowing. Yes, he only had one eye. Where the right one would have set, a rolled scarf of scarlet hue ran around his head at an angle. Featherless scars spidered from under the silk, hinting at an old grievous injury.

"Everyone back to your bunks!", he ordered, "NOW!!! Or I'll hang you from the mast myself!!!"

Faces scattered in all directions. "You two." called the captain, two beavers turned toward him, standing straighter. "Pick up your fellow crewmen." he motioned to the ones still attempting to lift themselves from the floor, blood still trickling from ones jaw, the other sporting a large blue-black lump at his temple. "Wake the doctor and get them treated."

"Yes, sir." both beavers called, before shouldering the two injured men, and helping them up the steps.

Now, the captains eyes turned to where the wolverine still stood, his body relaxed, even as the captain wobbled up to him. Having to crane his neck up to look at him, the old captain's face lost some of it's ferocity.

"I'm sorry, son." he sighed. "I'm afraid my crew are not as open minded as I."

The wolverine looked down at the duck. "It's alright, sir." he said in a deep yet smooth voice. "It's not the first time." Those gold eyes glancing sideways as memories flashed, memories filled with pain. He had faced such prejudice against his people before. At the same time, the captain took note of all the scars that marked the younger crewman's body.

After a moment of silence, the captain spoke. "We should make berth in three days. At that time you, may if you wish, take as much from the stores as your belly can carry. Also, you've done an excellent job these last few months, and you've earned a well deserved pay when we reach port. More then enough to give you a good head start on your journey. Ah, speaking of which." Reaching into his pocket, the duck pulled out a small piece of parchment. Handing it over, he added, "The name of a town. From what you've told me, i think it would be the most likely place. And even if it isn't, it would be the best place to start looking."

"Thank you, sir." the wolverine spoke, taking the bit of paper from the captain. Unfolding it, he read the name of the town. 'BonBon'. Looking back to the captain, "And the item I..."

"Safe," the captain cut in, grinning reassuringly, "In my quarters under lock and key."

Nodding, the larger male turned to make for the stairs leading out of the hold.

Watching for a moment, the captain asked, "She must mean a lot to you." The wolverine stopped. "To come all this way, from the New World to the Old."

There was silence, broken only by the soft gurgling of the water lapping at the ship outside.

"Yes." the younger one spoke, "She's all the family I have left." And with that, he moved up the steps, leaving the captain alone in the hold.

Until, finally, the captain also hobbled up those same stairs towards his personal quarters, eager to know the comfort of his bed.

Last edited by MrWolf12 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 2

"My, this is most impressive!" Sibilla commented in a whispered voice. Brandon stood silently as her delicate fingers tried in vain to wrap around it's girth. She squeezed, her eyes again showing awe at it's firmness.

"This must be the best looking Valerian root I have ever seen!" she exclaimed, the airy melodic sound of her voice filling the shadowed room, as she examined the thick yellowish-brown tuber she held, the target of her excitement. Gently, she placed the plant part upon one side of the brass scales that stood upon the table between her and the taller form of Brandon. The room in which they stood was the one in which Sibilla stored the many herbs, oils, and tinctures she used for all her natural cures and medicines. Around them, the walls were lined with shelf upon shelf, each filled with jars, boxes, and bags. The air was thick with the scents of lavender, bay, and many other exotic specimens.

Still quiet, Brandon patiently watched as the gypsy carefully began placing the small weights onto the other side of the scales. Bit by bit, the two plates lifted and lowered, until they at last were equal. Again, the lovely skunk's eyes shined. "One hundred and sixty five grams! Amazing!" Looking up, her glistening violet eyes looking upon the wolverine, "How on earth did you grow this? I've only ever seen them perhaps as big as my finger." Looking down at the root once again, shaking her head. " It must be at least three times the size."

Brandon only shrugged. "I've just always had a talent for growing things big." the wolverine commented matter-of-factly.

As she heard him, Sibilla had to fight the grin that threatened to pull at the corners of her soft lips, while keeping her gaze upon the root. Despite the connotations of what he said, she knew he was actually being very frank. In the year since she had been doing business with him, she had come to know him as not being one to make lewd comments. Actually, as she thought about it, it was one of the few things she did know about him. As her eyes peered up at him again, she thought back to their first meeting. She remembered the imposing sight of him lumbering through her doors, shirtless and shoeless. His only clothing a pair of worn trousers, caked and stained with mud. She almost commanded him to leave, as he offered his freshly grown herbs in that deep yet soft voice; but then, she saw his eyes. Hidden behind the long wild hair that hung before his face, those rare eyes seemed to glow. As if someone had taken polished spheres of pure gold and placed them upon his face. Those eyes shined with such warmth, as if smiling for a face that did not seem able. Yet, there was also a fire, a touch of something untamed.

Sibilla started, awakening from her memory and finding herself staring at those golden eyes, eyes that were looking back in question. "Yes, well..." Straightening herself, she spoke, "This is an excellent Valerian root. I would be happy to take it off your hands, those I know suffering from insomnia will be most grateful." She then removed the root from the scales, wrapping it once more within the cloths it had been brought in. "I can only hope the rest you have brought me is as impressive."

Brandon nodded, then stooped to reach into the huge burlap sack where it sat at his feet. The open top bursting with flowers of every color and shape, bound for the flower sellers whose carts lined the streets of BonBon. As Sibilla looked on, he reached past the mass of blossoms, seeking something nearer the bottom. His bare back to her, Sibilla could watch the masses of thick muscle cord and ripple under the thick coarse fur. Yet, what truly caught her eye, as they always did, were the multitude of thin jagged hairless scars that slashed and criss-crossed over the whole of his back. Even though he wore other scars, some on his arms, a few cutting into his wide barrel chest, it was his back that seemed to be the most savaged by them. An unpleasant chill raced up her body. What could have made them? Just what has this man been through?

He stood then, breaking her from her thoughts as he straightened, placing a large bundle upon the table, made of yet more course burlap and tied about it's center with twine. He loosened the knot, unrolling the bundle and spreading it contents along the cloth. Sibilla ran her hands over the many different green leaves and bits of bark. A few bunches she lifted to her nose, breathing there strong heady scent. "Lovely." she whispered, bruising the leaf of another bunch and sniffing her fingers, "Mmmmm, beautiful." She doted over every sample, each time muttering a praise. At last looking up to Brandon, smiling, "Everything, perfect. As always." And, as she gathered the bundle up loosely, "So, what do I owe one bearing such wonderful gifts?"

Brandon paused, thinking for a moment before saying, "Twenty florins?"

"Ah, a very kind price. Agreed.", Sibilla answered, reaching for the small coin purse that sat upon a self nearby. From it she pulled several coppery coins, and placed them into the wolverine's outstretched hand. Again she smiled at the male, and though his lips did not move, those eyes shined with thanks. Letting her hands linger for just a moment longer upon his, she soon let it slip from her touch.

Gathering her new herbs, Sibilla turned to place them on one of the shelves behind her. And, as she twisted back to face Brandon, she made to ask him about staying for a....

He was gone, the front door latching just at that moment. And there, on the table before her.......a single purple rose.

Her smile grew as she lifted that gorgeous lavender hued bloom to her muzzle. And, as she breathed its sweet delicate scent, she found herself anxious for the next time her shelves needed refilling.

Last edited by MrWolf12 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive, MrWolf, I really enjoyed these short vignettes about your character. You have a talent for very descriptive writing that paints a picture and evokes and atmosphere very well. I'd love to read even more from you and encourage you to join the ranks of other BonBon fan-authors.

...oh yeah, and I loved Sibilla's inclusion in your story. It always seemed she gets left out of the discussions from some of the fans here, but she's among my favorite secondary characters in BonBon (well, second to Daisy, of course... Very Happy )

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, most impressive, MrWolf12. And indeed, Johnny, it does seem Ms.La Noire is quite absent, more so than Stella it would seem. How curious that one of the most eccentric persons here would go so unnoticed.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vignettes!!! Thats the word I was looking for!! Thank You!!! Very Happy

And thanks also for the feedback. I agree that Sibilla does seem to be left out. I must admit, she is perhaps my favorite. Always had a thing for mysterious women. That, and she would seem to share Brandon's love of nature and spirituality. Embarassed

I'm working on another short work. This one, I must warn, may be a bit more "intense"..in a more brutal way. I'm going to show a glimpse of how those scars got on his back. Not a pleasant thing to see.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your next installment is of the same caliber as these, then I look forward to reading it.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha. Another fan of the Ms. Blanche. Good to know. Smile

I'm sure it won't be too long til we see more of her.
duo2nd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story there.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thank you, duo. Smile

next installment might be a bit late, since i'm limited to one hand for typing at the moment. had a bit of an accident today. was helping a friend of mine tear down some wooden cabinets in his barn. (i live in a tiny farm town). a board came down and put two nails in my arm. needless to say it hurt. i pulled the board and the nails off and out. yeah, i know they say you shouldn't, but i did. didn't bleed much. gonna see the doc in the morning, cuz, well...not to sound gross, but i felt one nail scrape bone. Shocked
duo2nd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think it's gonna be good.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite the fun experience, then, MrWolf12? You'll have to let us know what happens with your doctor, spare no dirty details, as the saying goes. You'll come through fine with a intresting story to tell your friends, family and future friends and family, that's my belief.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, not fun at all, mr. gray

as for the doc....he just flushed the two nail holes, both in my upper arm near the shoulder....x-rayed the bone, and yeah it got clipped by one of the nails, so it went a good two inches into the meat of my shoulder while the other went in about one inch....gave me some antibio and sent me home. ya don't get much when ya don't have insurance! lol the only thing he said was watch for infection. still hurts like a SOB! Mad

Just hope it feels better by this sunday, got concert tickets. Very Happy Very Happy
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope that you recover soon.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers for a speedy recovery Mr. Wolf
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
I do hope that you recover soon.

LabrnMystic wrote:
Prayers for a speedy recovery Mr. Wolf

Thank you. Smile
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWolf12 wrote:
Just hope it feels better by this sunday, got concert tickets. Very Happy Very Happy

Ooh! Who you seeing in concert? Hope it's not a band normally attended by a mosh-pit! Laughing

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
MrWolf12 wrote:

Ooh! Who you seeing in concert? Hope it's not a band normally attended by a mosh-pit! Laughing

Well, it was. lol Did end up getting bopped pretty hard and started it bleeding again, but not too bad, the bleeding I mean...pain wise...I about killed the guy!!! Evil or Very Mad

But it was worth it...AWSOME show...It's called Band Camp '07.....it started at 11am sunday...and was still going strong when i left to get to work at around 10pm lol Had around 15 differant bands playing on two stages. StoneSour was there. So was Sevendust, Nonpoint, Kittie, Deaf Pedestrians and several others.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing Kittie on one of the side stages of Ozzfest 2000. I can't say I was all that impressed by them, personally. Now that I think about it, other than Ozzy and Incubus, it wasn't really worth the weather I had to deal with to see the concert.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Never been to an Ozzfest as of yet, though this next one looked real good, but no way could I afford both this concert and Ozzfest!! Crying

Kittie was pretty good I thought, a little more experience with big crowds, perhaps. Though the main attraction for me was StoneSour and Sevendust, my favs for a long while, and they put on one hell of a show!

As for weather, was in the high 80s and low 90's the whole time...whoo.! yuk
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather for the 2000 show started off in the mid 90's and stayed like that most of the day. Then it started to rain. I'm not talking about a light sprinkling, I'm talking about a torrential downpour. So heavy you could barely see, let alone hear. The grounds around the Nissan Pavilion (where the concert was held) were evacuated when it turned from a rainstorm to a thunderstorm. My friends and I started saying it was the coming of the seven great plagues, especially when when my buddy Nick got bitten by some kind of beetle. The rain stayed water though, but it would have been cool if they'd started spraying red food coloring or something out to mix with the rain. Twisted Evil
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then all you'd need would be a few toads Laughing

It didn't rain during the show, but it had been raining the past day, so there was a few mud holes around, and they were put to very good use by all the fans. One of the guitarists from I believe the Burdon Brothers even got a facefull of mud! Shocked
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
Looks like there's more to our striped friend than meets the eye, ne? Of course, she also uses a little psychology... Magic is tiring, and has the unfortunate tendence to go blooey when you least need it Very Happy

Would you say that Sibilla would be a 'sensitive'? Would she be able to pick up on the emotional state of others? Perhaps through touch?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"sensitive" is such a broad, indefinite term. Besides, touch is not necassary to "pick up" the emotional state of others, MrWolf12.

Last edited by Ashton Gray on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
duo2nd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . . . . . . DING!

I think you referring to MrWolf12 Aston. But I do agree on what you said.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, slight mistype. Thank you for pointing it out, duo, I have corrected it. Speaking of which, you left out the "h" from my name, duo.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
"sensitive" is such a broad, indefinite term. Besides, touch is not necassary to "pick up" the emotional state of others, MrWolf12.

Well, I was trying to keep it 'broad', allowing it open for interpretation. And I am aware that touch is not needed, which is why it was in question.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so long as you are aware that touch is not a requisite for sensing emotions. That's all I was trying to make clear, just in case.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand
Bestile1
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch can be one of the most needless sensations... to truly sense a persons emotions look at the eyes, for the eyes are a window to a persons soul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8