FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Tursi gets a new Royal Member Avatar!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Tursi gets a new Royal Member Avatar! Reply with quote

Congrats!

/salute

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booyah, welcome aboard, Tursi!

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Captain!
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Congrats! Smile
duo2nd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo captain.
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The captain's on the bridge! *Salutes* And congrats. Very Happy
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*blows a couple notes on a whistle, then stands at attention besides Ultima and salutes* Ready to cast off, sir! Very Happy
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Captain! If I may inquire, what is the name of your vessel?
Herisheft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations XD

I cry, when angels deserve to die!
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the tallies keep rising.

Perhaps we'll see you around more now that you have a face to share with the world.
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you were! Cool

Awesomeness, that's a great thing to come home to! Thanks so much, Vanessa! And thanks everyone else, too Smile

Trying to increase my time available, Labryn, thanks. Too many tasks in the world, but I'm getting better - I'm only a couple of days behind this time!

I was working on a more detailed background after I saw the sketch, when I get a chance to put that together I'll be pleased to share!
duo2nd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The royal members were glad.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

May the waters be calm,
And the stars shine bright,
And at every port where your land,
May the ladies be a delight!

Wink
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum... Laughing
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice MrWolf12.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
Very nice MrWolf12.

Thank you.

I do have a poet's tongue at times. Tongue <----see lol

Again, an ovation to you, Tursi. Very Happy
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mr Wolf, very nice. And since it looks like BonBon is now one of my ports, I think the women will be quite delightful indeed! Wink

Hehe... and YoungCesar, I may not be a pirate, but I'm not adverse to a good bottle of rum. Wink
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I'd ressurrect my own thread in order to talk about me. Wink

I was never especially active, but I've always read every non-roleplay post, and still do to this day. I reply here and there when I can.

Although my character here is nautical, and that seemed like a good choice at the time, IRL I'm a VERY technical person. An engineer would have been a better classic job for me, but we already had a very sexy and very cute one back then. Wink

So if I were to talk about the stuff going on in my life, you'd be deluged with stories of software, hardware, and other such geekery. Some major changes have happened for me, and some neat stuff, but it's all geekery.

There's not a ton else I can do. I haven't really got into the RPs, I don't draw, I don't have time to write stories, so I lurk. I've tried to help out here and there when I could, mostly behind the scenes (or at least as much as possible....), but even that hasn't had a huge impact.

Unfortunately a lot of people lurk and I hate being one of them, but I haven't really found my niche yet. And after more than 3 years here, I think barely a handful of you even recognize my name. Curses!

One thing that I did choose accurately was how busy my job in.. a Steamship Captain puts in about as many hours a day as I often do, and has little time for anything else. Sadly that doesn't make for a very exciting storyline... perhaps I should put together a pleasure cruise and see where it goes? hehe.

At any rate, I thought maybe a reintroduction would give me something to talk about and a way to find a little more common ground with everyone.

So good day everyone! I'm Tursi, although my Royal Avatar here is Captain Michael Merriwether, steamship Captain for Royal Cruise and Shipping (a nice generic name with no direct meaning). He runs the Atlantic shipping lanes between Europe and New York, handling both cargo and passengers in both directions. It's a very busy job but he enjoys staying busy -- when there isn't enough to do he gets rather anxious.

The business of managing a Steamship is a trying one - he is responsible not only for the business of getting the ship from point A to point B, ON TIME, but for the lives and safety of every one of the hundreds of people on board. But the moments he loves best are those stolen moments, never more than a minute or two long, where he can stand against the railing in the cool night air, when the moon illuminates the Atlantic as far as he can see, and he can just lose himself in the beauty of the ocean.

When between trips, on leave or vacation, he makes his way to BonBon. He does have a weakness for pretty ladies, and enjoys a good bit of game and drink. BonBon provides all three in a setting that doesn't require anything from him -- but keeps him busy enough to avoid that anxiety. He is more than controlled enough to avoid excess in any of the three, but his job pays well and makes it easy to spend time in such an expensive place.

He had a special favourite in Meg/Margaret the Squirrel, but she hasn't been around a lot lately, it would seem. Or at least not in high visibility. Wink
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked your fursona, Tursi. I think he's a cool character and he really fits so well into the world that Vanessa has created. I like what you're writing about him as well.

I think that a lot of people here don't have the time or the energy to post on a daily basis. So it's just good to see you still take the time to read and post here once in a while, and I'll look forward to it if you'll continue taking part and posting about your fursona.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungCesar wrote:
Stop drinking all the rum!

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Jadacant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Sir! well done Tursi patience is a virtue to which a sea dog as yourself needs steamships were a bit notorious in theire cranky handleing and coal or wood demands (depending on the boiler),and there is of course the other cranky things passengers to pestering questions at you among other things. Laughing Anyway Congratulations again Tursi on your Royal Avatar status you've eaned it! Very Happy
AlainDaishar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tursi, I've always been a fan of your avatar. And besides, I don't write in the role play either, I just post when and if i want in most of the other sections. Some people have more time to spend here than others. Thats not a bad thing, thats just the way it is.

I had noticed, however that you mentioned geekery and specifically hardware/software.
for that sir, you have my undivided attention.
If you happen to find the time, I'd love to hear what exactly is new in that area for you.As I myself have only just begun to really scratch the surface that is programming and all the lovely things that it entails.

if not well perhaps next time
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally it's my habit to combine replies, but in this case, I hope you'll all indulge my indulging individual replies. Wink

Symphony wrote:
I've always liked your fursona, Tursi. I think he's a cool character and he really fits so well into the world that Vanessa has created. I like what you're writing about him as well.

I think that a lot of people here don't have the time or the energy to post on a daily basis. So it's just good to see you still take the time to read and post here once in a while, and I'll look forward to it if you'll continue taking part and posting about your fursona.

Symphony, thank you. I really consider you a driving force in these forums - since you joined it's been rare to not have something new to think about. Your writing is in depth and well thought out, and you are always willing to offer someone encouragement and critique. In complement to your personality, your fursona is strong and beautiful as well. Smile

There is no question I love Vanessa's world, and she did a fantastic job realizing Captain M for me. Definately grateful for that!

My fursona is so different from me, though, that it is difficult to come up with stories. I have spent quite a bit of time on research of the job, though, enough to speak confidently about the basics of his day to day life. Personality is easier - I like to think he's not so far off of myself. Still, generally when I do reply to a thread, I'll try to throw some IC in there at the same time. The sharp division of RP and discussion threads means that's less useful to me than it once was, but that's still okay, too. I used to quite enjoy the play-by-mail style of RP, so perhaps one day I will get a chance to get invovled again. Doing so would certainly let me build a background for him - since I muchly prefer to build my characters through experience than mere conjecture. We'll see for sure. In the meantime I certainly will participate where and when I can. It'll just take the right spark to get me started.
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jadacant wrote:
Congratulations Sir! well done Tursi patience is a virtue to which a sea dog as yourself needs steamships were a bit notorious in theire cranky handleing and coal or wood demands (depending on the boiler),and there is of course the other cranky things passengers to pestering questions at you among other things. Laughing Anyway Congratulations again Tursi on your Royal Avatar status you've eaned it! Very Happy

hehe, thank you. Not to be taking credit for something I don't deserve, I received the Royal Status and avatar over three years ago - the queue was much shorter then. But I have maintained continual membership for the whole time.

Of course, the driving of the boiler and the ship's mechanics are the engineer's job, Heaven help him if I actually have to go to the engine room to get something done! This has never been a problem - I have sailed only with the most professional of crews, and I trust every man working with me! There would be no other way to sail successfully!
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlainDaishar wrote:
Tursi, I've always been a fan of your avatar. And besides, I don't write in the role play either, I just post when and if i want in most of the other sections. Some people have more time to spend here than others. Thats not a bad thing, thats just the way it is.

I had noticed, however that you mentioned geekery and specifically hardware/software.
for that sir, you have my undivided attention.
If you happen to find the time, I'd love to hear what exactly is new in that area for you.As I myself have only just begun to really scratch the surface that is programming and all the lovely things that it entails.

if not well perhaps next time

Thank you Alain! And thank you for appreciating the avatar!

IRL I've been programming since the early 80's, this is approaching 30 years now. I've coded just about every description of machine you can think of (if you allow for generics) and every mode from entering raw hex on toggle switches (yes, seriously!) up to the most modern high level languages. As you are just starting, let me advise you that to really get the most out of it, you have to love it. If I can give you one piece of advice to get you through the toughest times in your programming career, it would be "never assume anything" - even the stuff that seems ridiculously simple, you can and will get wrong from time to time, and the machine is usually doing what you tell it to do. Wink

Changes in my life this year have been major. I quit my job of more than ten years, which was becoming a serious drain on my life and indeed my will to live. It was not a bad project at all - I was working on relatively cutting edge telephony and communications gear, but I wasn't working on the parts of it that I liked. Out of that job, I just learned yesterday that I was actually awarded a US Patent for one of my security systems (in February). I was really psyched about that, as I waited more than five years without even knowing if it was filed.

I quit that job to work on video games, a passion of mine going way back, and you can see some of my messing around in my sig. However, that plan was interrupted by another dream that needed to be services now - robotics. I'm working on code for a new mainboard for a consumer level robot (I'm trying to stay somewhat vague on this forum - I don't mind any of you knowing, I just don't want it all over the forums that pick up this echo Wink ). This is seriously another dream come true - I'm doing the very low level hardware control code, and while it's a short contract, I'm having a blast.

In another two months I should be going full time to the video games, and that too should be exciting. It'll be finishing off a project for the Nintendo DS and seeing this very long term project through to completion, I hope. I'm excited about that potential as well.

So.. not very period. Hmm. Maybe this thread needs to go in the personal forum?
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silvador wrote:
YoungCesar wrote:
Stop drinking all the rum!

Hehe, thanks to a very generous client, I have a whole case up in my room. Come on up, and bring a couple of ladies. Have a drink on me!
AlainDaishar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

my mind just blew a fuse.

Yea, I've noticed that computers are very good at doing exactly what you tell them, not what you think you told them to do. Laughing
The reason that I'm getting into programming is that its essentially a job requirement for what I want to do. Its nice though, because I'm getting my first experiences in programming in the work place as opposed to a classroom. (Not to say that when school starts up I wont try to crash those classes.) It's just nice because I get to see the direct results of what I write, which of course inspires me to try to learn more to clean up this section, or use less memory through those tasks.
I've taken a glance at lower level stuff and binary, and well to say the least its rather formidable.
maybe this should move to the personal section........
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad about being "invisible", Cap'n, even I haven't found the time or energy to post in here everyday like I used to. I haven't even bothered looking at the RP threads... so really, we're both in the same boat (sorry, pun not intended... really!)

Also, I think you did a fantastic job creating your character's background, etc. I can tell you from experience, I had to do a LOT of research for my own fursona's background info, and Johnny Six-Killer the gunslinger is, obviously, nothing like the real me either...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Avrie000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Captain, May you always have red sunsets and ample grog ... just don't bet your ship at the casino Wink
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlainDaishar wrote:
Shocked
my mind just blew a fuse.

I hope that's a good thing! Wink

Quote:
The reason that I'm getting into programming is that its essentially a job requirement for what I want to do. Its nice though, because I'm getting my first experiences in programming in the work place as opposed to a classroom.

That's good, too, because there is strong motivation to learn, and it never hurts to earn a paycheck while you're learning. You will never stop learning, either - I'm still learning new concepts and new techniques every day. That's just part of the package!

Quote:
It's just nice because I get to see the direct results of what I write, which of course inspires me to try to learn more to clean up this section, or use less memory through those tasks.

Good! Keep it up, and don't be afraid to experiment while you can afford the time to do so - you will learn more than by staying within the boundaries of things you already know. There will be times when a tight schedule will prevent that, so take advantage of any chance you get.

Quote:
I've taken a glance at lower level stuff and binary, and well to say the least its rather formidable.

On the plus side, you don't HAVE to do a lot of that these days, and you can make a living as a high level programmer.

BUT.. you will be a much BETTER programmer if you take the time to learn what's going on under the hood - and assembly is the best way to come to terms with that. But it definately can take a while to wrap your head around.

Besides understanding, there's little call for assembly language today. Even embedded systems are fast enough, and have enough memory, to make use of compilers. But it helps to understand why things happen the way they do. So I would recommend studying it, and trying to write short functions, even though you may never need to write a full program. It may be easier to try and learn a simpler, older CPU, like the 6502 or 68000.

I actually started a series of programming articles with that concept in mind, I need to pick it up. I was going to start publishing when I had three written - two are done but the second needs my review before I move on. Wink

Quote:
maybe this should move to the personal section........

Maybe Ronald would be so kind, if anyone objects to my babble, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2