FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
William is back !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
To branch off a bit more. I enjoy a good scientific explaination to horror movies as well, other than just "The dead are magicaly brought back to life!" OooooOOooo.

I enjoy the ideas they had behind Resident Evil and Dead Rising (the Zombie/Mall game for 360) which gives that parasites are the reason they came back to life. As for vampires, they way Morpheus was created in Spiderman. I recall there even being a somewhat scientific disease to explain vampirism.

Excerpt of porphryia cutanea tarda on wikipedia:

It was believed that the rare disease, porphyria cutanea tarda, was the basis of vampire and werewolf legends, When signs and symptoms occur, they usually begin in adulthood and result from the skin becoming overly sensitive to sunlight. Areas of skin exposed to the sun develop severe blistering, scarring, changes in pigmentation, and increased hair growth. Exposed skin becomes fragile and is easily damaged. People with porphyria cutanea tarda also have increased iron levels in the liver. They face a higher risk of developing abnormal liver function and liver cancer. The signs and symptoms of this condition are triggered by nongenetic factors such as alcohol abuse, excess iron, certain hormones, and viral infections.

In CSI, a woman who suffered from this disease worked as a private nutritionist for athletes. She would build up their liver's production of the enzyme she needed, kill them, then eat the liver in a powdered form, like a protein shake. The episode is called "Justice is Served" and is the 21st5 episode of season 1.
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can also make you pee blue. Amazing what a heme deficiency can do to you, isn't it?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
Morpheus is either DC Comics's Sandman or the sunglasses fella from the Matrix... Very Happy

Which one, Martin, there were so many in those movies.

Gantros, that explaination is quite similar to one I gave not long ago, though this one is far more scientifically in depth. My explaination was made before you came. I can try and find it for you, if you are intrested.

And yes, Doktor, most amazing and intresting as well, if not a little gross.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:
It can also make you pee blue. Amazing what a heme deficiency can do to you, isn't it?

The body certainly is a fascinating thing.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
Er, it's Morbius... Michael Morbius.
Morpheus is either DC Comics's Sandman or the sunglasses fella from the Matrix... Very Happy

Rolling Eyes AAh! I've been doing that alot lately! I can't get the right names down. I need outta this humid sandstorm, else I fully go insane!
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do find something to keep yourself sane Labrn. One of my friends got back just a few months ago. He mentioned having similar frustrations, but found a few songs that allowed him to keep his focus. Perhaps something along those lines could work for you?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a repeatative, rythmic tune, song or beat to help you focus your mind? Blacksmiths, martial artists and monks have done this for centuries when plying their trade, so to speak, and I can say from personal experience that it works.
Bestile1
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when i was over there recently i carried a cd of pink with me where ever i went and listened to it in my spare time... this combined with reading my few books kept me sane
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sanity will return once I am away from my room mate. Not only is he my team leader/sgt, but he's a man 40 years older than me, is on a completely diferent clock (I'm night, he's morning) and is stubborn to no end.
Bestile1
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really my room mate was my entire platoon... what part are you in? wait you are army aren't you... blood army with their fancy in country barracks.. Joke i swear i have nothing against the army... in fact i owe my life to an army EOD team
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7