FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Pleasure Bon Bon Characters humanized (Round 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herisheft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like somebody said: there are things on ground and sky, about which philosophers didn't even deam of (spell?)

I cry, when angels deserve to die!
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your "(spell?)" was a question of wether or not you spelled things adequately or not, methinks the answer is "Yes".
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive you were reaching for "Dream" instead of "Deam" but I could be mistaken if that is an actual quote.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, if I could'nt catch that then it is DEFINATELY time for me to sleep. (Or have some coffee Laughing.)
duo2nd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Fluffs a pillow* Well sweet dreams.
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the opposite tack from Ashton, personally. While I can entertain interesting hypotheses for a time, I believe in little beyond what can be observed and documented. But then, if I didn't, I'd be a pretty poor scientist. Razz

So lets take a look at this tatoo and see what can be gleaned... It's on the outside of the left bicep. An almost circular crescent opened upwards containing a four fingered pawprint with visible claws. The pawprint is resting in turn on a base of some sort of design reminescent of a curling vine (or maybe crossed keys, but I might be seeing things) that connects to the bottom of the crescent.

This being a furry comic, the pawprint could be representative of nearly anyone or anything, so lets skip it for now, save for noting it is a common mark associated with those belonging to those in the families of Canidae or Felidae. Though feline ones tend not to have visible claws. Razz

The symbol of the crescent is most often associated with the Islamic faith, though that association here is somewhat unlikely. On a similar note, crossed keys are a symbol of the Papacy, but I somehow doubt Simon is deeply involved with the Roman Catholic Church. The crescent and vines probably are meant to represent love, or at least devotion, to whatever the central pawprint represents, particularly as it seems to put the pawprint and a fancy pedestal and envelope it protectively.

Simon Blue is not the type to get tatooed on a wild impulse, particularly at this age. It's unlikely it is recent. It almost certainly is a reminder of either a past love, or on a more sinister note, membership in a secret society. So to set odds... 70% past love, 15% secret society, 15% something completely different and I'm totally off-base. Razz
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no doubt you would "take the opposite tack", Doktor. Your thoughts and theories make an intresting read but there is one thing that strikes me as odd. Where you see curling vines or crossed keys, I am barely able to see such, I see, quite clearly, a face. Any thoughts or theories on that?
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, by looking carefully at the aesthetics of the tattoo design, I agree with Kommy for the most part but differ with her assessment on a few key parts...

For one thing, I noticed the overall shape of the tattoo design, marked by the crescent surrounding most of the design, has an almost egg-like shape. Eggs often symbolize renewal and birth, though perhaps in this instance the crescent "shell" acts as a protective "barrier" or "shield" to the symbol on the inside.

Further study of the "vine-like" curves that appear to be holding an animal paw print of some sort further alludes to growth, the vine and paw symbol almost appearing as like a flowering plant. In this sense, the base of the "egg" is the foundation for the vine's "roots", or maybe something similar to the placenta of a fetus in utero.

The paw-print, which does seem to more resemble a canine print than a feline one. In my mind, at least, dog or wolf prints tend to indicate a brotherhood, as dogs and wolves are very social animals that live in hierarchical packs. If that is indeed a canine print, it could possibly represent a secret society, nurtured within a protective shell of secrecy. I would also point out that crescents are symbols often found in such fraternal orders as the Shriners (an appendant body of the Freemasons) and the Sacred Order of Skull and Crescent at Purdue University. This may further add to an idea of the tattoo being a symbol of a secret fraternal order.

The crescent also, obviously, represents the moon in astrology and, strangely enough, represents the metal silver in alchemy. If the crescent, in fact, is meant to represent silver (the metal most often associated with the moon), and the paw print is actually a wolf print, it could be that Simon's tattoo has something to do with wolves or a werewolf mythos. Taking this in account, the "vines" could be a symbol of a link between "silver" or possibly "moon" and "wolf" (which, either way, fits right in with most popular werewolf folklore). If the crescent is meant to represent the moon, a symbol often associated with night, then that adds further to the idea of a secret society, as secrecy is often synonymous with night.

Wait, I suddenly had a thought... where did Simon's wealth come from? For some strange reason I have this idea in my head that he owns a silver mine, though for the life of me I can't think of where I heard that, unless I'm mixing up his character history with something else... If that's the case, though, it would further add to the idea of silver being an important symbol to Simon Blue, and if he's a member of a fraternal organization, he may have had some part in either founding it or creating the symbol. Hmm, I'll have to think that through some more...

Anyway, to sum up, it seems much more likely, at least in my opinion, that this hidden tattoo is a mark of a secret society or fraternity. It seems even more apparent due to the harsh and secretive nature of Simon Blue himself, as well as his apparent connections in Bon Bon's politics. I give it more like a 60% chance that it's a secret society mark, 25% chance that it's a memento of a past love (waiting to be renewed), and a 15% chance he's a werewolf. Laughing

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Simon's bio, Johnny, it explains he owns a diamond mine he discovered in the mountains near Bon Bon when he was a younger man and the town did not exist at that time and that is also the reason he cannot leave the town, I'm guessing that is where his wealth has come from or at least a portion of it.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's what it was... thanks, Ashton!

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also the possibility that he acquired the tattoo before he came to pre-Bon-Bon. Possibly in a merchant navy? Or perhaps he didn't always own the diamond mine. If that were the case, than the tattoo might be a company brand from it's previous owners (if we assume that Mr. Blue worked the mine before he bought it). Or he might have a rather unsavory past. It could be a gang tattoo. His past has been carefully shrouded and he has taken precautions to make sure it stays that way (Bon-Bon's first law). Or it could mean nothing at all, it could just be a tattoo.

I mention these possibilities as they have not yet been stated, though they seem less likely than most of the rest.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
Ah, that's what it was... thanks, Ashton!

You're welcome, Johnny.

Xebulon wrote:
There is also the possibility that he acquired the tattoo before he came to pre-Bon-Bon. Possibly in a merchant navy? Or perhaps he didn't always own the diamond mine. If that were the case, than the tattoo might be a company brand from it's previous owners (if we assume that Mr. Blue worked the mine before he bought it). Or he might have a rather unsavory past. It could be a gang tattoo. His past has been carefully shrouded and he has taken precautions to make sure it stays that way (Bon-Bon's first law). Or it could mean nothing at all, it could just be a tattoo.

I mention these possibilities as they have not yet been stated, though they seem less likely than most of the rest.

Possibilities as good as any other ,Xebulon, but Mr.Blue's bio states that he discovered the mine himself. That leads me to believe he is the original owner, not the latest owner.

And now, a question to Vanessa. Are you going to join us in our theorizing and shed some light on this subject or are you simply enjoying the conversation as a spectator or maybe your plan is to reveal the answer in the course of the story at some later date? Come now, milady, grace with your "presence" and your "voice".
duo2nd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I got an update! Daphne is being colored right now. She'll be released soon.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5607/untitled1rv9.jpg

This ends the announcement.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far, duo, keep it up.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Looking good so far, duo, keep it up.

I concur.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
And now, a question to Vanessa. Are you going to join us in our theorizing and shed some light on this subject or are you simply enjoying the conversation as a spectator or maybe your plan is to reveal the answer in the course of the story at some later date? Come now, milady, grace with your "presence" and your "voice".

You're very good, you're on the right track and some of you are getting close to the solution, one of the ones you listed, but I can't add more, just follow the story and you'll find out! Razz

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't surprise me if she sits back giggling with amusement at our theories and ponderings. Though, I don't blame her. Sometimes it takes alot to keep things hidden for the suspense and thrill later on.

As a DM, I know all to well. Ya want to tell them, but ya can't.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we've all been there in some way or another at least once.
duo2nd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to keep you waiting. And now, Daphne Mallow: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59334451/

Do she reassemble either Akiha, Ciel or any of the girls in the game Melty Blood. Or does she looks like Rider from Fate/Stay Night?

NEXT: Ophelia and Dalia (I need a LOT of suggestions on these twins)
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another humanization well done, duo!
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, well done as usual. Wink
duo2nd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again you present us with excellent work. Smile
duo2nd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

But now, I got a major problem. Like I have a really LARGE problem.

A person in dA named Diamond1987 wants me to DO an art trade with me. But the problem is: she wanted me to draw one of Vanessa's character. And I know that's against the rules in dA!

Hope this journal can clear something: http://duo2nd.deviantart.com/journal/13666701/

I know I can't break the rules! Even I wanted to, I just can't. Sad
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duo2nd wrote:
Thanks everyone.

But now, I got a major problem. Like I have a really LARGE problem.

A person in dA named Diamond1987 wants me to DO an art trade with me. But the problem is: she wanted me to draw one of Vanessa's character. And I know that's against the rules in dA!

Hope this journal can clear something: http://duo2nd.deviantart.com/journal/13666701/

I know I can't break the rules! Even I wanted to, I just can't. Sad

I don't see why you could no longer do trades and requests. Just let that person know its not your character. Or, if Vanessa will allow you permission as long as you have the proper copyrights and credits given.
duo2nd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told her about it. And she understands. But I'm still depressed about it.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear duo, I give you personally my permission to draw the commission with my character (whoever he/she is, as long as it's not my fursona in erotic situations ^_^) that was requested to you. Only thing I ask is for you to add the credits and the URL of the site in a small space on the picture. Every fan art is gladly accepted, and I'll happily put all the fan art I can find in PBB's pin up gallery!

LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to remember to do that form now on. Though I don't expect you to put anything of mine in the Pin-Up section just yet.

Since mine are mostly other works that I've just redone, I don't think it should be posted on the site.

Now, when I do actually have some original works to add, I hope you consider posting it on the site.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks Labrn, if you have a full color fan art that you think is good for pinups gallery fell free to send me it in good size like the pin up format on the gallery. I will put the logo on it. Smile

duo2nd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
Dear duo, I give you personally my permission to draw the commission with my character (whoever he/she is, as long as it's not my fursona in erotic situations ^_^) that was requested to you. Only thing I ask is for you to add the credits and the URL of the site in a small space on the picture. Every fan art is gladly accepted, and I'll happily put all the fan art I can find in PBB's pin up gallery!

Thanks Ms. Vanessa. And I'm kinda sorry on what I posted in my journal recently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3