FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Project PBB Card Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesh shir!*stops kissing for a second*A moment Mystic.I mean,thats correct! Very Happy But wouldnt it be better if we jusht increashe the playersh...ah forget it! Razz
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duo2nd wrote:
So the max number of power and seduction is 8. And it can't go beyond that limit.

Well, Duo... it's all in order to keep the game fair, you see. If a player of a lovable-yet-underpowered Main sees himself forced to rely constantly on that lucky "automatic win" die roll the aforementioned Main will quickly end in the "will never use it" pile of cards.
Of course,having a top value "potentially higher" (like, say, enough tools and sidekicks to raise the top above 8 ) DOES have an use: namely counteracting tools, locations and the like that give penalties.
For example, if, say, Betty had enough bonus cards to raise her overall seduction value to, say, 12, her effective value would STILL be 8, but if an opponent were to play a "swamp" card (-1 seduction), a "that time of the month" trick (-1 seduction, too) and a "nasty accident" trick (-1 to both power and seduction)... Well, our murine (means "belonging to the mouse family", FYI) mastermind would simply shrug them all off and come out on top, as usual Very Happy
duo2nd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it does makes sense.

Anyway, I hope you and LabrnMystic may do a good job on the rules.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now,i've been doing some thinking.First of all-the rules thus far,have been disscused enough,i think.I think it would be better to hold any changes until atleast one game session has been played.But before that,there are several things that got my attention:How will the seductions attack function?Will there be a stamina bar as kommy,not so long ago,sugessted,or shall we use the heart badge system that Labrn thought of?How will male-female battles be played out?I think it would be rather...strange a male using his power attack and then being seduced by the female.Maybe we can make the male-female battles be dealt with seduction only,males having the bigger stamina bar/heart badge count.While a female-female and a male-male fights will be based only on power and the attack can only be switched by special cards for a turn or two.
There maybe more flaws in our great plot gentlemen,alas we wont find out until the first session is played out...
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungCesar wrote:
Now,i've been doing some thinking.First of all-the rules thus far,have been disscused enough,i think.I think it would be better to hold any changes until atleast one game session has been played.But before that,there are several things that got my attention:How will the seductions attack function?Will there be a stamina bar as kommy,not so long ago,sugessted,or shall we use the heart badge system that Labrn thought of?How will male-female battles be played out?I think it would be rather...strange a male using his power attack and then being seduced by the female.Maybe we can make the male-female battles be dealt with seduction only,males having the bigger stamina bar/heart badge count.While a female-female and a male-male fights will be based only on power and the attack can only be switched by special cards for a turn or two.
There maybe more flaws in our great plot gentlemen,alas we wont find out until the first session is played out...

I don't think I agree on that, YC. You see, there ARE girls that would like to use seduction on other girls... like, say, Betty and Violet! Very Happy
Well, the same goes for some boys, although while Dorian would like nothing better than to use a seduction attack on William I'm fairly certain that William doesn't agree much on the idea Very Happy Very Happy
By the same concept, I'd bet that Sakura is quite used to using power attacks on people, regardless of gender... Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thenk you Martin for making the peril much more perilous,so to speak.
There must be a way to make seduction and power attacks different from each other. Confused I forgot about bisexual and homosexuals.Hmm...i'll have to give it some thought...but the way im thinking today i might end up blowing my head infront of the monitor.That wont make my boss happy,he ussualy doesnt like cleaning up litle bits of brain Smile
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a few hours off before I have to go, I'm going to retry doing my "Sample Game" and post it up here.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright,listen up gentlemen.I have an idea.It might not be a good idea,but its one nonetheless.How about each character has to choose one of his attacks thats going to be his primary and one thats going to be a secondary attack.By that i mean that secondary attacks can be used only with a "Trick" or "Tool" card:nothing special.It would definatly make the game more tricky and it would be helpful in situations when a player has a card,which nullifies your primary attack,atleast for the time being.Or to execute card combos,for which you need one of the 2 types of attack.
This gets more and more complicated.Thats not a good thing. Neutral
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't get to my Fur Affinity due to how slow and crappy my connection is right now. I've got my sample game finished. I take you quickly through 12 rounds of the game using my set o'rules, with Freeza vs Betty. (Since he's be a happy volunteer in my sketches)

In my example, I make alot of side notes to help explain why such things are happening, incase the samples alone arn't enough or for clarification. I'll try to get it linked and working ASAP.

Also, I've changed up Labrn. Since trying to make his "curse" into shortened enough version to fit on the card is practically impossible, we're just going to go with:

Name: Labrn
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Hetero
HP: 40
Power: 6
Seduction: 5
Origin: Noble
Ability: Insatiable (If Labrn's seduction attack is succesful, he may make another seduction attack to a legal target.)
Quote: Fancy another round my dear?[/i]
duo2nd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice info.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, heres the chart for attacks based on sexuality and sex:
1) Attack is possible or impossible
2) You add the die roll or don't get the die roll.

Each type has 3 other types it can attack. 2 normal, and 1 you don't get your die added. Bi characters have the pleasure of being able to attack any other type, they just don't recieve the die vs a few.

I'll be going through getting character info from our newer members, since for my version I've got cards for everyone listed here, background characters of Vanessa's, and new royal members who just showed up, like Tursi (Got some questions for your character. As a hint, do you know someone by the handle of FoxxFire?) Though, I still need to get such info as sexuality and possible background info on our newer members to give them appropriate abilities.

Seduction attacks & Sexuality breakdown:
Male Hetero vs Male Hetero = no attack
Male Hetero vs Male Homo = no attack
Male Hetero vs Bi Male = no attack
Male Hetero vs Bi Female = may attack
Male Hetero vs Female Hetero = may attack
Male Hetero vs Female Homo = no die to attack

Male Homo vs Male Hetero = no die to attack
Male Homo vs Male Homo = may attack
Male Homo vs Bi Male = may attack
Male Homo vs Bi Female = no attack
Male Homo vs Female Hetero = no attack
Male Homo vs Female Homo = no attack

Bi Male vs Male Hetero = no die to attack
Bi Male vs Male Homo = may attack
Bi Male vs Bi Male = may attack
Bi Male vs Bi Female = may attack
Bi Male vs Female Hetero = may attack
Bi Male vs Female Homo = no die to attack

Bi Female vs Male Hetero = may attack
Bi Female vs Male Homo = no die to attack
Bi Female vs Bi Male = may attack
Bi Female vs Bi Female = may attack
Bi Female vs Female Hetero = no die to attack
Bi Female vs Female Homo = may attack

Female Hetero vs Male Hetero = may attack
Female Hetero vs Male Homo = no die to attack
Female Hetero vs Bi Male = may attack
Female Hetero vs Bi Female = no attack
Female Hetero vs Female Hetero = no attack
Female Hetero vs Female Homo = no attack

Female Homo vs Male Hetero = no attack
Female Homo vs Male Homo = no attack
Female Homo vs Bi Male = no attack
Female Homo vs Bi Female = may attack
Female Homo vs Female Hetero = no die to attack
Female Homo vs Female Homo = may attack
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, I forgot Labrn's a bodyguard, so he wouldn't be able to casual make seduction attacks. So I had to change it a bit:

Name: Labrn
Sexuality: Hetero
HP: 40
Seduction: 6
Origin: Noble
Ability: Insatiable (If Labrn wins in a Seduction attack, he can continue to make seduction attacks until he fails or runs out of legal targets.)
Quote: Fancy another round my dear?

Finishing up my Sample Game. On the last round right now. This thing took longer to type out then I expected. I'll be posting the link in a bit.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so it got stretched into a 13 turn game, because I caught a few errors and had to make some changes. (I don't know how I did it, but I managed to get Sakura and Loucille confused in my play sample, even though Sakura hadn't even been played. o_O)

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/176540/

Heres the sample game. Sometime, I'll go back over my rules and make the neccessary changes. Let me know what you thought of the gameplay. Does my way sound a bit easier (though I'm sure theres a few choke points that make you scratch your head) or our other set of rules? Because I'm ready to start pumping out cards, once I get all the types from Vanessa. (some of them are no longer loading in this thread >_<)
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
Okay, so it got stretched into a 13 turn game, because I caught a few errors and had to make some changes. (I don't know how I did it, but I managed to get Sakura and Loucille confused in my play sample, even though Sakura hadn't even been played. o_O)

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/176540/

Heres the sample game. Sometime, I'll go back over my rules and make the neccessary changes. Let me know what you thought of the gameplay. Does my way sound a bit easier (though I'm sure theres a few choke points that make you scratch your head) or our other set of rules? Because I'm ready to start pumping out cards, once I get all the types from Vanessa. (some of them are no longer loading in this thread >_<)

Looks very interesting... mind you, there are a few errors here and there, mainly names swapped around... plus, you missed a "tapped" instead of "utilized" Very Happy
Looks like you took out the HP concept once and for all... Oh well, probably it's for the best, given how everyone tried to pump his alter ego's HP to an IMMENSE level. By the way, why was the tray discarded in the first turns?
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
...mind you, there are a few errors here and there, mainly names swapped around...

If you could be so kind to site them for me so I can go back and fix them. I did this on more than one day, coming in and typing some up when I could, so I'm sure bits and pieces are out of place.

Martin wrote:
plus, you missed a "tapped" instead of "utilized"...

As in, I forgot someone was tapped or just to swap out the words? I started to not care by the end, figuring you all got the point it was mostly for legal protection. XD

[quote="Martin']Looks like you took out the HP concept once and for all...[/quote]

The HP never sat well with me, because then you have to keep track of each characters HP, and for those rusty on their subtraction, it could make the game drag ooooon very loooong. Not to mention if you only manage to take 1 off your opponent each turn because the both of you have pretty much stale-mated the game, it would be very easy to lose heart.

Martin wrote:
By the way, why was the tray discarded in the first turns?

The "Silver Tray" was an "Item" and Items have a "1 time use" though they can be equipped until used. This is taking into the effect that after you smash the tray over someone's head, the tray has very well bent in half and becomes useless. But the "Wrench" that James wielded is a "tool" which stay on until unequipped or the character is removed.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
Martin wrote:
...mind you, there are a few errors here and there, mainly names swapped around...

If you could be so kind to site them for me so I can go back and fix them. I did this on more than one day, coming in and typing some up when I could, so I'm sure bits and pieces are out of place.

Well, let's see... in turn 4, round 1, you used "Violet" in place of "Betty", although you're referring to the player, not the character, and you've used the term "tap" in turn 2 round 2, turn 3 round 1, turn 4 round 1, turn 9 round 1, turn 10 round 1 (twice) and turn 11 round 2 (twice).
Also, I think that "Mystic declares a seduction attack on Dalila" in turn 12 round 2 COULD be a mistake, since up to then you have used the player's names to declare actions, but I can't be sure.

Yup, I think it's all... Sorry for the pickiness Very Happy
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
Well, let's see... in turn 4, round 1, you used "Violet" in place of "Betty", although you're referring to the player, not the character, and you've used the term "tap" in turn 2 round 2, turn 3 round 1, turn 4 round 1, turn 9 round 1, turn 10 round 1 (twice) and turn 11 round 2 (twice).
Also, I think that "Mystic declares a seduction attack on Dalila" in turn 12 round 2 COULD be a mistake, since up to then you have used the player's names to declare actions, but I can't be sure.

Yup, I think it's all... Sorry for the pickiness Very Happy

No worries Martin. Its thanks to nit-picking like that, that we won't be getting sued! XD

Were you able to follow the gameplay easily enough? I think I'll get some visual aids to for each turn to show who's all out and whats been happening.
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can put together here, reading through the thread to get an idea what to present.

I guess for basic stats we can try this:

Name: Captain Meriwether
Sexuality: Bi
HP: 35
Seduction: 5
Origin: Traveller
Ability: ?
Quote: will get back on this... Wink

I was thinking about abilities/subtypes, and while I think 'Leader' or similar would be appropriate, since he does manage a crew, I'm not sure how that would play into an ability - something to do with the sidekicks clearly (perhaps the ability to play two sidekicks on a turn, using Labryn's rulelist, but how could that be limited to prevent being too powerful?)

I'm not 100% clear on the rules yet so some of my numbers may also need tuning, for balance if nothing else.

Quote:
(Got some questions for your character. As a hint, do you know someone by the handle of FoxxFire?)

Yes, I'm that Tursi. Wink FoxxFire and I were mates and lived together for more than 6 years, but we broke up a couple of years ago and he moved back to Georgia a year ago (almost to the day, in fact...). We still get along fine, though.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll coble something together for you. Though that leadership idea could work. I'll see what I can do about it Tursi

I had a feeling with how alike the two were. Just thought I'd check with you before I created any stats for him.
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll be interested in seeing what comes out of it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13