FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
The Story/History of Ashton Gray
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: The Story/History of Ashton Gray Reply with quote

Well, here it is, I thought about waiting until my Avatar had been drawn but I just could'nt wait anymore. Most of this is the original story I wrote years ago when I first made Ashton Gray but I added in a little extra to explain how he came to Bon Bon. I hope you enjoy it, everyone.

Born to a rich family of musicians and artists, Ashton was exposed to almost all forms of the arts as he grew up, from earliest infancy to adulthood, and was instructed in the basics of them, though he never felt as strongly or as moved as he did when he first heard his mother play the violin for him as a child and soon after, she began to teach him how to play himself, along with many other musical instruments, ranging from the strings and ivories to the winds, brass and percussion. Though his family was what might be considered “nobles” they were not snobbish or rude or inconsiderate to anyone, never above helping those in need when they were in need, whatever the need was, from the simple opening of a door to plowing a field, if they were able, they would help. It was in this manner and environment that Ashton was raised, to help those in need, whatever the need, if he was able. His home was in wide, open country area of Britain, near the sea, with a bustling town just down the road from his manor house and he went there often when he had the time, running errands for his family, visiting his friends, helping those who needed helping, or just walking down the road enjoying the hustle and bustle in the streets, a refreshing change from the calm quite of his home and house. As his family was kind, fair, wise and helpful, the people of the town, both young and old, would often come to his family with questions, to seek advice, a fair eye and mind when disputes were raised, or to ask for help with a task that needed doing. Ashton was no different, as a child, the other children would ask for his help with their various needs and questions and as he grew, the adults would seek him out as well, though he always preferred helping the children of the town and he always got along with them more than the adults, though there were always a few exceptions. Ashton loved to play his violin for others so he and his family would often play for the townsfolk at fairs or events or he would just sit on side of the street to play for passers by. His greatest, and most preferred, audience was the children who would often seek him out when they heard his playing and sit in silence as they watched him or dance in front of him when he played a livelier tune. When he felt the need to play alone, however, he would go to the beach and play there while the waves crashed around him and on his feet, walking up and down the beach for hours at a time or just sitting in the warm sand. His favorite place to play his violin alone, however, was the roof of his home during a clear, moonless night sky so he could watch the stars as he played. Every so often he would play until his arms ached under that sky and would end up falling asleep up on the roof. After the first time he fell asleep upon the roof, he kept a blanket and pillow up there just in case. At the age of 15, on his birthday, his parents took him to London for the first time, where they attended a concert in grand music hall where he heard music and songs he had never heard before and, while he knew the world was vast, for the first time it truly dawned on him, the world was a much more vast place than he had ever thought before, full of wonders he had never imagined, and it was then he decided to see them for himself. From that day on, for 3 solid years, he devoted himself to preparing for a journey across the world, studying maps, learning the traditions of the places he would go, and the basics of the many different languages he would encounter, though he never neglected his friends, family, responsibilities or his music. At the age of 18, again on his birthday, he left the home he had known his entire life for the world and what it might hold for him. On the day of his departure, after his birthday celebration, as his friends and family saw him off, his parents each gave him a gift that would instantly become his most treasured possessions. From his father, he received his fathers silver pocket watch, something Ashton had never seen his father without. From his mother, he received her very own violin, the same one he had seen and listened to her play his entire life, passed on in his family from parent to child for generations. Amid tears and endless goodbyes and wishes for good luck, Ashton finally left on his journey. For seven years he traveled the world, before hearing of and finding Bon Bon. From his home in Britain, he traveled to Ireland, America, Spain, France, and finally Italy. While making his way to Austria from Italy, he heard of a town in the mountains that was called by the man who told him of it a “delightful place to rest and lose oneself in” so Ashton decided to make a side trip to this town of Bon Bon to see for himself what kind of a town it was, “A little rest and relaxation sounds nice” he thought to himself as he decided to make his way there, the kind of town it was, however, was not disclosed to him though, as he made his way there, asking for directions from those he met, the exact location was not disclosed to him either, he began to hear rumors and stories of the town of Bon Bon and began to piece together what kind of place it might be. When he arrived at Bon Bon he was shocked at the kind of place it was and very nearly left before ever arriving but as he started to turn away, he remembered why he had set out on his journey in the first place, to see the unique places and wonders of the world, to broaden his horizons and knowledge not only of music but of the world as well, and this place would certainly seem the place where he could do that. So, keeping that in mind, he headed in to the town of Bon Bon.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply marvelous, Mr. Gray. I do have one question though. Other than a piano, what instruments would be classified as 'ivories'?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked my real piano instructor the same question when I first started to learn, she and I thought the same way when it came to this question, she said and I quote "I've always thought of the ivories as the piano, the organ and the accordian." Probably the only reason I remeber that is because it made us laugh so hard when she said that, we laughed out of surprise that we both thought the same way on that particular subject, and it still makes me laugh to think about it today Laughing .
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. Very Happy
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout time! Tongue

Its a good piece Ashton. The only part we need to figure out now, besides your determination to learn of the world, is what landed you a spot in the castle, playing at Betty's ball.

I wonder, do the ivories include the other keyboard instruments? Such as bells, xylophone, etc. I was in percussion for 8 years (5th to Senior) and I mostly played keyboard, bass drum, timpani, and cymbols (I played the cymbols for the marching band Razz I loved those guys.)

Can't wait for that avatar. And who can we expect to be in your pin-up that is promised to a Royal Members?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ashton did leave for the world to broaden his perspective on music and that would entail plying his skill in such. I would have put how he received his place in Betty's ball band but I did'nt want to seem presumptuous or rude, adding into Ms.Santato's story without her approval. I had imagined two ways for him to get into the ball band when I thought up the extra bit of how Ashton found Bon Bon, the first being the most obvious: He simply applied for a violinist position when Betty was putting the band together. The second being, and this would have been the one I would have put in the history/story,: Ashton was playing his violin somewhere in Bob Bon, Betty heard him or heard of him and asked him to play at the ball. To answer your question about ivories, I'm not exactly sure, I never thought of that. And, if I may ask, Labrn, and this may just be my head still a little fuzzy from waking up but, what pin-up are you talking about?
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Well, Ashton did leave for the world to broaden his perspective on music and that would entail plying his skill in such. I would have put how he received his place in Betty's ball band but I did'nt want to seem presumptuous or rude, adding into Ms.Santato's story without her approval. I had imagined two ways for him to get into the ball band when I thought up the extra bit of how Ashton found Bon Bon, the first being the most obvious: He simply applied for a violinist position when Betty was putting the band together. The second being, and this would have been the one I would have put in the history/story,: Ashton was playing his violin somewhere in Bob Bon, Betty heard him or heard of him and asked him to play at the ball. To answer your question about ivories, I'm not exactly sure, I never thought of that. And, if I may ask, Labrn, and this may just be my head still a little fuzzy from waking up but, what pin-up are you talking about?

The one every Royal Member is entitled when they become a royal member. Perhaps Sakura since she was your next pick after Vanessa for the ball.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, now I remember what you're talking about, thank you, Labrn. And yes, Sakura would be my choice.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Ashton!It is verry well writen and i like the story of your fursonae!He seems a really talanted musician and has a noble soul to boost! Very Happy And i do hope you are planing to write a next chapter!Labrn is already holding my curiosity and im also eager to find out what are Drake's next "adventures"!
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, YoungCesar. Though for a next chapter to be written, it would have to be written in Bon Bon and that is Ms.Santato's domain and I'll not intrude on a ladies domain without permission. (Well, I'll not intrude on anyones domain without their permission but my old, chivalrous and, as you said, noble soul demands I make special mention of manners pertaining to ladies) I might be able to make a few chapters pertaining to Ashton's travels though.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can write side stories and bits and pieces of your fursona in BonBon, just remember its not in lieu with the main story. Unless you only want your character to be part of the main story, in which case you will have to wait for Vanessa.

For instance, I'm have one written up on the first day Labrn & Mystic came to BonBon. It involves alot of the characters from BonBon, and even a few of you guys on the side, and at first I was trying to tie it into the main story (and hitting all the ties, like who was where at this time, the "Aces", etc) but Vanessa reminded and reassured me that it wouldn't be on the same timeline as the main story. So, I decided to change some things.

Now I just need to find where I put the darn thing, becuase I've switched to a new laptop and my files are everywhere. Confused
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go for a few days and I come back to a seeming avalanche of message board activity. I've spent over an hour trying to catch up with everything. Laughing

Anyway, it's nice to see you've finally got yourself a backstory. Your life seems to have been the most idyllic so far, it seems. I have to admit to being curious as to your preferred styles and what exactly you were doing in those seven years abroad. Nice and pleasant, through and through.

Pretty nice, though I have to make one comment on grammar. In the timeless words of one of my language instructors, "Indent or DIE!" I ever tell you I never liked English classes? Razz
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll wait for my character to be part of the main story so I'll leave that to Vanessa, provided she's willing to include me in her story, that is. I'm starting to like the idea of writing Ashtons worldy experiences though. To you, good Doktor, I'm sorry for the trouble we've caused you with our numerous conversations but there's nothing to be done about it now, I'm afraid. As to my preferred styles, I'm going to assume you're talking about my preferred music styles and it does'nt matter if the question is about mine personaly or my fursona's because the answer is the same for both, we play what we want to play and what we feel like playing unless we are asked to play something specific, then we play the best we can. As to what Ashton was doing in his travels abroad, he was broadening his horizens on the world and the wonders and music in contains, if you want anything more specific than that, I'm afraid you'll have to wait untill I write up his experiences in more detail. And no, you've never said anything about your school life as far as I can remember though I agree with you with one addendum; I never liked public school. From kindergarten 'till the 2 weeks before summer vacation in 6th grade when I'd had enough and walked out, I had almost nothing but misery. I was enrolled in a private school after summer vacation and that was golden so I was able to graduate, thankfully, but I'll never forget what happened to me in public school.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:
I go for a few days and I come back to a seeming avalanche of message board activity. I've spent over an hour trying to catch up with everything. Laughing ...

Its alright. If anything, perhaps Xebulon can whip you up a summary like he did for this message board about BonBon.

kommy wrote:
...Pretty nice, though I have to make one comment on grammar. In the timeless words of one of my language instructors, "Indent or DIE!" I ever tell you I never liked English classes? Razz

I know that all too well Very Happy Though, instead of indenting I tend to leave space for answers. For large responses, I cut and paste it into the reply area, and then answer them one by one, and either leave their entries in (incase they can't recall what they wrote/said) or remove them. Such as this response.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah!I have always liked the English language,but i've atended to very few english classes though.Its a funny story of how i learned English,but thats a story for another time,or another thread! Very Happy
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungCesar wrote:
Hah!I have always liked the English language,but i've atended to very few english classes though.Its a funny story of how i learned English,but thats a story for another time,or another thread! Very Happy

Ha! Since when has "this belongs on another thread" ever stopped someone on a message board before? Rolling Eyes
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,your right! Very Happy Wow!From Bon Bon subjects to magic,from storys to celebrations,from sex to salads Laughing !Im used to reading things like"That dont belong here you stupid fuck!Move yo ass fo' I mooove it myself!And we both know i cant get off my fat,usless ass to move it!Ya hear?"but not here!
Razz
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the grim and gritty message boards of the future, where there is only war...over how things are off topic. Razz
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing things ever further off-topic, I take it that you're a fan of that gothic future and the miniature people who populate it? Laughing

I think I've finally gotten caught up, save for Drake's story. Oh, I've been wondering, Ashton. Have you ever posted a description of yourself? I can't seem to recall seeing it.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have, give me a moment and I will locate it for you.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in page four of the thread Page 31, issue2 but I intend to repost it, as you have done with yours, in the Sticky "Avatars descriptions" list thread.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
kommy wrote:
I go for a few days and I come back to a seeming avalanche of message board activity. I've spent over an hour trying to catch up with everything. Laughing ...

Its alright. If anything, perhaps Xebulon can whip you up a summary like he did for this message board about BonBon.

Bleh, I'd have no idea where to start. Embarassed Sad
I hate to say it, but I've fallen behind on all the recent posts. If anyone would like a summary though, just let me know and give me a day to get it together.

Last edited by Xebulon on Sun May 06, 2007 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:
Bringing things ever further off-topic, I take it that you're a fan of that gothic future and the miniature people who populate it? Laughing

I think I've finally gotten caught up, save for Drake's story. Oh, I've been wondering, Ashton. Have you ever posted a description of yourself? I can't seem to recall seeing it.

Ah, someone caught on. Wink I have a few armies. Infact, I'm in the middle of a campaign while overseas.

I havn't checked, but its most likely in with the other descriptions in the giant thread of "Participate in Issue 3" perhaps? Otherwise, it may be mixed in with the histories.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
I havn't checked, but its most likely in with the other descriptions in the giant thread of "Participate in Issue 3" perhaps? Otherwise, it may be mixed in with the histories.

If you are speaking of my fursona description, please see my previous post.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ashton, sorry for taking so long to comment on your story, I just realized I was falling behind... Embarassed

I really like the idea you've got for your character, the real artist type. I also was wondering about that "ivories" thing... I suppose the old harpsicord would have counted as an "ivory" instrument, right? Of course, who plays those anymore? Laughing

You said you took piano lessons, I'm wondering what other instruments you've studied. I think I was too scared of all the keys on the piano to want to learn how to play, though I kind of regret not learning it now. I know how to find the middle "C", though, which is useful for tuning other instruments.

I learned how to play the clarinet in the fifth grade, then joined the jazz band in the eighth grand and learned how to play the tenor saxophone, which I officially switched over to once I got into highschool. Now, I've got a guitar that, sadly, I don't practice on enough. Don't know if I'd know how to play a clarinet anymore if I picked one up, but I'm pretty sure I could pick up the tenor sax again no problem.

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
LabrnMystic wrote:

If you are speaking of my fursona description, please see my previous post.

Well, it wasn't up when I was posting that. Razz

I open each thread in its own window and jump inbetween them, and since your all here and typing in, my replies might seem a bit out of place.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, now it makes sense, thank you.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The harpsichord is actually one of my favorite instruments and is my piano teachers absolute favorite instrument, Johnny. I never learned to play the harpsichord itself, though I can make it's sounds on the electric keyboard I was given as a gift when I first started to learn the piano. As for what other instruments I myself have studied, I learned to play the song flute when I was in elementary school, the piano soon after and the flute in middle school. I mean to learn to play the violin someday soon but there is simply to much happening in my life right now for me to even attempt it, though I love playing many of the instruments on my afore mentioned electric keyboard.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and thank you, Johnny.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents gave me an electronic keyboard too,when i was oh,say 10 years old.Allthough i wasnt very good at it,i composed beats for friends and my friends giving me ideas,i came up with them for us to freestyle on,or just sing some silly songs about a drunken dude and his cat.I cant remember what it was called.But it was sort of a sad song though Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2