FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Getting the Word Out (sharing BonBon)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More so the latter, Xebulon, depending on the risk, I'm sure. Funny man, that George Carlin, hard to believe he used to be Mr.Conductor from Shining Time Station Laughing .
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Vanessa was suggesting we add in a PBonBon logo at the bottom of each avatar we make to get people interested in the images of the avatar. Or possibly a URL below each avatar so its sort of like an ad.

That's a pretty good idea! I too have been wondering about using my PBB avatar outside of the site...

We need to keep brainstorming, folks! We will not surrendure our beloved BonBon to the ravages of Internet-mediocrity and the grim spectre of "Loss-of-Interest"! Chat up every furry-fan you know, get them to pull out their wallets and get on here!

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
Well, I got to wait for a reply, but Mystic is based off a combination of characteristics from other anime/manga characters, as well as a close friend of mine. So, instead of her just leeching off my account, she'll have one of her own. That way she can intereact with any of you guys and it'll clear up any misunderstandings. Such as if your wondering "Is that Labrn or Mystic hitting on me?" blink

Laughing Okay, now I get it... why the heck didn't you just tell her to get her own account in the first place? We need more female participation in the forums (no offense to kommy and Littlefox or their respective characters)...

Johnny's backstory
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
We need to keep brainstorming, folks! We will not surrendure our beloved BonBon to the ravages of Internet-mediocrity and the grim spectre of "Loss-of-Interest"! Chat up every furry-fan you know, get them to pull out their wallets and get on here!

The wheels in my head
go 'round and 'round,
'round and 'round,
'round and 'round.
The wheels in my head
go 'round and 'round.
What's that burning smell?

Very Happy Shocked
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha!I love the smell of burning wheels in the morning...makes me feel all...smart!
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy! The 24th was my birthday and you opened this topic that is like a gift!
I turned 30 and summed up everything that I did in my life and what the future has in store for me.
I studied a lot, mainly art, did many works of every kind, painted, sculpted and showed my works in Roman galleries...etc..
I did many commission, restorations of ancient objects, comic conventions...
Impossible to list everything.
But in the end I decided to leave behind all these occasional jobs to dedicate myself to PBB and when, the last two months, happenned all the mayhem that Ronald told you about I had a nervous breakdown due to exhaustion amd sadness due to seeing all my work wasted... and I feared for PBB's future (also because for a woman it's still difficult to do this job, one must take care of house and family too...).
But I believe in it more than anything I ever believed in before: therefore I'll hold on, thanks to the support of Ronald, Martin and Marco and of course thanks to you!
Now I'm working together with a new artist on the new comic about Scarlett for the members area; let's hope that this way the members will come back, and not only to take the material and share it off-site!

Say, where else would you find another furry comic that lets the fursonas of the members participate to the story and develops with your suggestions and advice? hehehe!

Just think of sweet Jillian participating to the Auditions gallery! I would never have thought of it if you hadn't suggested it to me!

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah,Lady Vanessa,let me be the one of the many people who whished you a happy birthday.I wish you luck,hapiness and to never give up on your talent and your dreams!Leave behind the stress and worries,for everything hapens
for a reason.All of us here are great fans of your work,me being one of them.I am new here but allready i have been stuned by the beauty of the Bon Bon universe.And you are right,no other comic lets fursonas of members participate in the story and acts on advise of fans!Here i find people who share most,if not all my interests.So,as i have said,don't give up on anything thats worth fighting for.I myself had a nervous breakdown,not long ago,and felt like everything was falling apart,but although i havent sorted that problem out,i enjoy being here alive,and a fan of your site! Laughing
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:

Crud, now I feel all guilty... It was your birthday, and I didn't get you a present! Wink

Well, at least you know there are a few of us here who truly appreciate everything you've done and will stand by you all the way! I suppose that could be considered a nice present... So happy birthday, Vanessa!

Johnny's backstory
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now on the current subject,i have a question.Where are you(well,counting me too,i want to help in whatever way i can Wink )going to post these stories and arts?I took my time and found a list of furry sites,mainly sharing art.So if anyone has any ideas i kindly ask you to share them and we can make this work Laughing
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I'm with Johnny on feeling bad that I missed your birthday. Had I known that Vanessa, I'd of tried to get that pic done just in time for it. Ah well, I'll attempt a second one of you. Smile (Don't worry, it won't be a mature rated pic Wink)

Anywho, Happy Birthday Vanessa. *raises a toast to you*
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Smile

Nightwolf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't know it was your birthday, Vanessa! But I don't think I can say much else than what's already been said, except that I hope you had a great day. Hmm, your birthday was the 24th and this month, (back on the 12th) I turned 24. Maybe that's a good omen. Very Happy

And you're definitely right about this being the only site where users can create their own characters and have them participate in the story. That's one of the things I find so inventive about PBB and why I think it would be a real shame if something unfortunate were to happen. You're extremely talented, Vanessa and I don't ever want to see you stressed out like that.

I'll do what I can to get more people interested in the site though! I might be able to scrounge up a few.

And again, Happy Birthday! Wink
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, my birthday was April 10th, and I turned 27... lots of April Babies in the crowd...

Aaaaanyway, back to the topic... Like I said before, I visit YiffStar.com and Literotica.com every now and then, and I even have a couple of stories already up on Literotica (though not necessarily of the furry kind).

I'm not sure of very many erotic-fiction sharing sites geared toward furry other than YiffStar (which also recently just added image galleries to it as well, so you can contribute both writing and art).

Even though Literotica is more generalized erotica, I have seen anthro stuff posted in both their "NonHuman Stories" section and "Sci-Fi & Fantasy Stories" section (up to you on which one you think is more fitting, but they do at least want you to categorize your stories when you submit them).

um, that's all I got... any other suggestions?

Oh, and another thing... it might be a good idea to somehow keep a tally on who is doing what, just as "quality control" so that no one's misrepresenting our lovely BonBon in some way... Like perhaps posting stories in the general forum before "distributing" them to an outside site, just to get other people's input and critiques... It seems most people prefer to post their fanart in the forums as it is, to get Vanessa's "okay"...

Johnny's backstory
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,i think you're right Johny and i dug up some sites with forums that we can post on.Get people interested and then let them find out what puts the "P" in Pleasure Bon Bon!Tell me if you need help with that,i'll do whatever i can. Wink
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you had a wonderful birthday,Vanessa! Smile
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuts, I'm a little late. Let me echo the congratulations for both your birthday and your success against the likes of vile IP pirates. Very Happy

As for advertising and getting the word out... Well, no offense to anyone here or their creative abilities, but I think Vanessa's own artwork is the biggest selling point. I like the avatar idea. Perhaps Vanessa can open an account on, say, Deviant art, Furaffinity, etc. and just occaisionally put up a piece of artwork. Maybe a single comic page, some sketches, a pinup or two, character reference sheets that sort of thing. The kind of thing you normally see in a free preview and certainly won't give anything major away. Just have it in a place more people will frequent.
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the idea that both the site and the comic should be promoted more.I only found about about PBB becuase of an offhand remark that someone made on furry newsgroup a year or so ago about the comic and how good it was.I was very suprised that Vanessa was drawing it.While I knew of Vanessa' art from years ago,I had kind of lost track of her when own website site kind of shut down.I wasn't too big a fan of the Vixine comic,so I had no idea that PBB was going on there(since I didn't subscribe to that site).Yeah.I had heard of PBB being posted to the various "chan" siteboards.Something like that is very difficult to prevent,since each time one of those boards get's shut down,it's back under a different URL within a day or so.Anyway,I'll do my best to spead the word of PBB amoung some connections I have in furdom. Smile
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday, Vanessa, I'll do what I can to help promote this great work of yours as well.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:

Well, I'm late as usual, but would still like to jump on the band-wagon. Belated Happy Birthday!
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:

As for advertising and getting the word out... Well, no offense to anyone here or their creative abilities, but I think Vanessa's own artwork is the biggest selling point. I like the avatar idea. Perhaps Vanessa can open an account on, say, Deviant art, Furaffinity, etc. and just occaisionally put up a piece of artwork. Maybe a single comic page, some sketches, a pinup or two, character reference sheets that sort of thing. The kind of thing you normally see in a free preview and certainly won't give anything major away. Just have it in a place more people will frequent.

The idea is to get people to become members of PBB,not to look at our creations about Bon Bon,but to get them interested in Vanessa's work.The thought was that we can use the free preview with some stories writen by whoever is willing to put his/hers artisitic talent to good use and post them not just on a few furry sites,but on as many as we can find.Don't leave anything to chance Wink
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I didn't know! Happy Birthday m'lady. Wink
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a site with other furry links that we can use to post there.I'll give them a shot,when i can that is.
http://xxx.excite.it/directory/Adult/Arts/Genres/Furry
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Cesar! Thank you for the information!
I'm in favour of your posting somewhere else the fanfictions and fan art, as long as the source is known; you could post also the fan art that we put in the gallery, since they have the logo and the URL of the site. I like also the idea of using the Avatar that I've done for you in other forums, it's your right... always with the text "Royal Member of Pleasure Bon Bon", of course. You could even show your full reference pin-up, as Drake has done. Drake had quite a success with the girls ^_^!
Yes, Kommy, I could open a gallery on DeviantArt and FurAffinity, but now I haven't got enough time to follow the thing, basically I work nonstop. I'll try to have Marco help me for these things. I'd really love to do it, thanks for the suggestion! Once I had an account on Furbid but I was unable to follow the auctions due to the little time I got.
Thanks to all of you for the support, the best wishes and the suggestions!

YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you lady Vanessa.I will try to post wherever and whenever i can stories,about Bon Bon and the fanart,to get people interested.And if you dont mind,i would realy want to post the wallpapers that have the logo and URL.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the wallpapers would be where we draw the line, unless it doesn't fall under the category of "members' only content". Sure, we all want to help out and show off the lovely artwork of the site, but I'd think the free stuff and the personal avatars would be enough to entice most...

Johnny's backstory
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE HATE HATE forums!I think that all the forums on this f&%$ world are agianst me!!!!Im f$%%$ goin' crazy!
Okay Johnny,i guess realy the posters are too much...i found a forum that a LOT of people visit and they have a special "Site Suggestions".Thats the most decant forum i could dig up.The others are just...f%^& em'!If its not an error with the reg its gonna be a site with no way to actually post ANYTHING!I would sugest you give it a shot!Im going to continue searching for others.
If i sounded a bit crazy above,excuse me,im just short tempered.
ACK!My eyes hurt!Atleast the hip-hop is keeping me from loosing my nerves dry And if you have other ideas about anything else tell me.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I'll keep my ear out for interesting places to "spread the word", but for now I think we've got a fair number of ideas and places we can start from. It's probably good to start off with places we know before venturing off into uncharted territories, eh?

Get some rest, YoungCesar, you sound a bit... well, stressed. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, just don't hurt yourself Laughing

Johnny's backstory
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Johnny,but there's no place for rest for the restless Wink Here's a couple of forums.If anyone could beat me to um',posting something about Bon Bon,i would really apricciate it Laughing But don't get competitive,if you see a thread with it allready,just suport the cause there.Im not saying that any of you would normaly do that,i just want to give out a pice of advice and frankly i dont have much pices to give Wink
http://furtropolis.neo-neural.net/scripts/ikonboard.cgi?s=
http://www.beastforum.com/
http://www.fistforum.com/
http://www.furry.org.au/join.html
Ill holer if i find more.Oh,and about the last site,im not sure its a forum,i think that Vanessa should take a look at it Neutral
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you come across places like that, Cesar, take a few deep breaths. I know it's been said to death but I find it usually helps, even a little bit. A pleasant distraction helps too, listen to a little music, read a chapter in a book, fix something small and tasty to eat but be careful with that one, it can easily lead to overeating. Just small things of that sort. Works like a charm, at least for me.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Ashton!I will try that.I ussualy loose my nerves very often and go beat up/get beaten up by someone Laughing Well its how some of us are...
Abot http://www.furry.org.au/join.html . I found out some interesiting stuff and i quote "furry.org.au's main purpose is offering furs a place to show their personal www pages and related stuff, for free. Despite the site is more biased to Australasian furries and furry artists, anyone feeling furry enough can get a site in here. Our only major requirements are that you must put your real name on the application form, and apply with a paid e-mail address, such as from your ISP. Free e-mail accounts from Yahoo.com, Hotmail.com, Netscape.net, etc., will generally not be accepted."
Wow!If thats true then thats one down 99999 more to go Wink
But i get a funny feling when someone asks me to put my real name somwhere... Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3