FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Getting the Word Out (sharing BonBon)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
It took a while but we finally made it. Smile

We're working on a 'free version' of it to show off to people and maybe get some new customers interested in the wonderful art and story of BonBon and their characters.

Someone of a site called Fchan has been asking for the comics or something to be posted there and had the cover posted there.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, Drake... as far as I know, Fchan has a DNP list, meaning that the author can just ask for the pictures NOT to be posted, and they'll be removed.
Which is more than one can expect from many chans nowadays...
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. There will always be other forums who love to post up member level stuff to share freely with everyone else. *shakes head* I'm a good friend of Amanda Payne, and she gets the same thing with her work. As well as Dr. Comet.
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know but someone said that PBB wasn't on the DNP list. I'm not sure but the mods won't allow it and I'd let you know as would they i assume if anyone did anything.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it isn't, we'll just have to ask them to add it, ne c'est pas?
As far as I know, the Fchan people have much better manners than the average channer, so I guess it wouldn't be a problem.
(and no, I'm not french... I don't even know how to speak it. I just wanted to make the thing a little stylish Very Happy )
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I failt french... -.- but i can get a good brittish accent. Very Happy
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake_Skyflyer wrote:
Someone of a site called Fchan has been asking for the comics or something to be posted there and had the cover posted there.

Well, people who are members shouldn't be posting there. Anybody with our materials shouldn't be posting it anywhere for that matter.

We will end up shutting their site down and service them a legal copyright violation notice (DMCA- Digital Millennium Copyright Act).

We've already done that to a number of sites. And most of these sites have a Do-No-Post list. And most of them, when you ask nicely, they'll remove it and add you to the do not post list. Alot of them are very cooperative.

Usually, these sites have a list or rule- saying NO copyright materials from a pay site. Which Fchan has that. So a MOD on their site should take care of it.

Most of these sites will get the materials removed in fear of losing their website. The hosting companies will just shut them down in 24 hours of the notice.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.

Last edited by Ronald on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I've heard it said "It's nice to be popular" but this seems to be more of a nuisance, if not an insult.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Hm, I've heard it said "It's nice to be popular" but this seems to be more of a nuisance, if not an insult.

Yeah, its nice to be popular, but when people are just outright, begging for members area content and not paying for it. Or somebody thinking they're a hero and go pay and take content and just share it, it hurts our sales.

And for Vanessa, this is her only sole job, and main income. Trust me, it stresses her out and she cries literally to tears when her work is being posted. Its okay to post the pages that are in the preview area since its already free preview just to get some advertisement and word out there. But when we find content from the members area, that is really pushing it.

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.

Last edited by Ronald on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a forum posting site that begins with a "P" Smile

I contacted their mods, they refused to do anything about it. Funny bit is the MODs don't own the site. I got tired of dealing with their ignorance. I wrote to them nicely too, with no legal threats. Just a simple, hey can you remove this please. They were stubborn. I got a hold of their hosting company. Dished them a 24 hour notice. The content and thread got removed instantly. They even posted a Do Not Post from this list.

And some idiot forum member requested and reposted. I immediately contacted the owner since the host provider handed the owners info over to us. And the owner barely even check the site or manage it, but he got rid of the content in matters of 5 minutes.

And it resurfaced again, and it got to the point where I was fed up and called the hosting company to permanently shut them down.

DMCA is very nice law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

And hosting companies take it seriously.

Last edited by Ronald on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake_Skyflyer wrote:
I know but someone said that PBB wasn't on the DNP list. I'm not sure but the mods won't allow it and I'd let you know as would they i assume if anyone did anything.

Actually, BonBon is automatically included on the list by the rules of the DNP.

"1. If you own a commercial website. Commercial art is always DNP whether you are listed or not, but if your site is not listed and you would like it to be, it shall be added without question."

Part A - has the list of artists.

Part B - states the following:

"Don't post an image if it is commercially available. A non-complete list of commercial sources is:
- CD collections
- Print Comics
- art from online sales venues (like FurBid-SF, Fur-E-Auction, E-Bay, etc.)
- content of websites that requires payment to be accesible
- etc."

Which Bon Bon falls into that category of content of websites that requires payment to be accessible.

The moderators if they're doing their job, should see clearly the copyright on the comic pages. And if they don't we can contact them and they'll do it.

If any of you see our materials posted that shouldn't be posted, feel free to contact us and we'll get things sorted out.

-R

Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're all getting off topic, but oh well. I'll split this thread in half later.

I was thinking of creating a Press Kit so that fans can share and post to help bring in more traffic and new members. Going to talk it over with Vanessa and see what she thinks.

What are your thoughts?

Its a big concern for us in terms of getting new members right now. Keeping members isn't hard, the story speaks for itself!! BonBon is growing in terms of Royal Members, thats good. But our overall sales went down last month, in terms of new members. (that's why these free materials that leak from the members area hurts our sales because members don't sign up).

And if BonBon doesn't make enough for Vanessa, she might quit (which she has mentioned to me before that she is having medical bills and alot of stress, etc) if the site doesn't make enough. The thought of the story discontinuing would really suck!! The effect will just kill BonBon in the long run if there are no updates, and no updates means losing members overtime, and the site will just fizzle. I've launched a bunch of sites in the past 10 years that have fizzled, and it's not pretty.

It's usually a struggle the first year or so while the site is building enough content for new members to feel like there's alot there. Hopefully, BonBon will never fizzle. So far it's doing great. Just a little minor bump last 2 months (post xmas blues? or just pirated materials killing us?), not sure.

But members support has been great. Our forum is very active. Thanks for all your support guys!!

-R

Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and a special THANKS to Martin for helping me and Vanessa, here and there!!

-R

Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, quite literally, felt my heart stop and my chest tighten at the mere mention of Vanessa quiting, the story stopping and this place fizzling. I don't know if those responsible will see this but I'm going to say this anyway: "Please stop stealing this story and artwork from here, if for no other reason than than for Ms.Santato's sake and well being. Stress is not a fun thing to live with, I know, I've been there, and it can easily and quickly turn into depression, another not fun thing to live with, again I know, I've been there. So I say again, please stop stealing this story and artwork from here." I can't speak for the rest of those here but I will stay here for as long as your here, PBB crew.So cheer up everyone and wipe away your tears, Vanessa, you've got one die hard fan who'll stick it out with you, for whatever it's worth Smile.
Qumefox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

DMCA is very nice law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

This is off topic, but I can't help but comment. And don't take this the wrong way. I'm in no way for people sharing Vanessa's artwork and making her stop working on this wonderful site..

But the DMCA is NOT a nice law. It's about as far from being a 'good' law as you can get. It was drafted pretty much for, and by, the RIAA and MPAA. It could be a good law, but it gives far too much leeway to private industries so basicly do and treat their customers any way they wish and be able to scream DMCA and get away with it. The DMCA was intentionally written in a vague manner for just this purpose. It's a prime example of private industry controlling government. Just like whenever disney's copyright on micky mouse is about to expire, the length of copyright laws miraculously get extended.. thanks to 'disney's' senator..
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did ANY law become a good one? Very Happy I think that MOST laws are just different methods for control,but there are such laws that need to be upheld...even i know that Wink
As for the DMCA giving far to much leeway to private industries so they treat their customers any way they wish,i think it just a matter of how you aproach buisness.Have you not heard of "The customer is always right" meaning that if you dont abuse customers-they come back,more customers come back, the more money you make Wink I too have had a running with such "industries" who were being far too graby and somewhat rude,but i just swear here and there and everything's A OK! Laughing
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Oh and a special THANKS to Martin for helping me and Vanessa, here and there!!

-R

You're welcome, Ronald...
I'm just doing what I can to protect my friends, as it's right to do Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I think we're all getting off topic, but oh well. I'll split this thread in half later.

I was thinking of creating a Press Kit so that fans can share and post to help bring in more traffic and new members. Going to talk it over with Vanessa and see what she thinks.

What are your thoughts?

Its a big concern for us in terms of getting new members right now. Keeping members isn't hard, the story speaks for itself!! BonBon is growing in terms of Royal Members, thats good. But our overall sales went down last month, in terms of new members. (that's why these free materials that leak from the members area hurts our sales because members don't sign up).

And if BonBon doesn't make enough for Vanessa, she might quit (which she has mentioned to me before that she is having medical bills and alot of stress, etc) if the site doesn't make enough. The thought of the story discontinuing would really suck!! The effect will just kill BonBon in the long run if there are no updates, and no updates means losing members overtime, and the site will just fizzle. I've launched a bunch of sites in the past 10 years that have fizzled, and it's not pretty.

It's usually a struggle the first year or so while the site is building enough content for new members to feel like there's alot there. Hopefully, BonBon will never fizzle. So far it's doing great. Just a little minor bump last 2 months (post xmas blues? or just pirated materials killing us?), not sure.

But members support has been great. Our forum is very active. Thanks for all your support guys!!

-R
WTF?!?!Quit?Now thats no way to go!Hmm...from my point of view there is only one way to go-advertiseing and a litle bit of help from us fans!I will try and recomend this site to most of my friends(heck i'll even recomend it to total strangers Very Happy )Hope the others do too.As for Ashton Gray-"you've got one die hard fan who'll stick it out with you, for whatever it's worth" Wink Well said!
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I meant every word of it and then some Smile . I may not be able to recommend this place to my friends since most of them are either to old, young or unintrested to be intrested in such a place as this, most of, if not all of, them would just take PBB at face value anyway, and I simply don't have the nerve to recommend it to total strangers, but I'll still be here for a while yet, I all but guarantee it. (Don't be disheartened by my "all but guarantee it" comment, it's simply my nature to leave room for the unexpected Wink .)
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly,dealing with most people and friends,who can't possibly imagine your point of view on this site, can be a strain on the nerves!Well its like i say,you cant reason with closed minds Neutral But still,there might be some people who can share our thoughts about PBB Wink
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Say it ain't so! Quit!? Evil or Very Mad Grrr...stupid people and their distribution of copyrighted goods.

Well, if it'll help her stay open and keep things up and running, I'll go ahead and get the other account specifically for Mystic.

Every little bit to help out around here. ^_^
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
Well, if it'll help her stay open and keep things up and running, I'll go ahead and get the other account specifically for Mystic.

Every little bit to help out around here. ^_^

O_O Now that's dedication!

I've been thinking about this, about ways to spread the word of BonBon, and I had an idea of sorts... I've been wanting to write a small series of fanfics based on the world of BonBon, and originally I was going to post them here, but then it hit me... What if I entered my stories on a couple of other furry and erotic fiction sites that I already look at anyway? I realized that if I wrote some short stories and submitted them to sites like Literotica or YiffStar and kept a disclaimer at the top about it being based on the characters from this site, I might just be able to pull in interested folks that way. In fact, judging from the number of talented writers we've got in here, it might not be a bad idea for a number of us to do this, provided we state that our works are inspired by PleasureBonBon.com and Ms. Santato's work...

Thoughts? Comments?

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's an idea man!Nice way to get people interested...but don't forget that the comic isn't based only on the story,but the great art aswell-its,like what keeps it together.The only problem with this idea is how are you going to explain to people,how awsome this comic and site are,with just the stories.Still its worth a shot!Dont knock it till you've tried it Very Happy
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To YoungCesar: One can only hope and it's not impossible to reason with closed minds, it just takes more patience. Oh, and a friendly piece of advice, watch out for Brutus.

To LabrnMystic: I can only agree with Johnny in saying "Now THAT'S dedication!"

To JohnnyPsycho: See above and your idea sounds good to me but I would recommend leaving out the artwork, we would'nt want to present another opportunity for theft, now would we?
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't really thinking of that, though I do know that we have a couple of artists among the fans who have already submitted fanart. If they continue to post their own fanart creations on their own sites, with the proper citation of the source material (in other words, mentioning the site and Ms. Vanessa Santato somewhere on the image, etc.), the word can still be spread that way. Fanart, like fanfiction, can be a good advertisment, as it gets people thinking "Hey, if this guy likes it enough to write/draw something based off of it, maybe I should give this place a look!"

Again, as long as the fans are careful not to distribute member's only stuff, and do not pass off copyrighted material as their own (make sure you mention PleasureBonBon.com somewhere in your fan-works, whatever they are), it will help generate a buzz.

That's just my thoughts...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the annual Renaissance Festivals might be a good source of advertising. Not exactly the right time period, but that doesn't seem to stop most people.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24992591/?qo=22&q=by%3Ashamoncornell+in%3Ascraps&qh=sort%3Atime
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24992487/?qo=23&q=by%3Ashamoncornell+in%3Ascraps&qh=sort%3Atime
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24992267/?qo=26&q=by%3Ashamoncornell+in%3Ascraps&qh=sort%3Atime
For those that need/want examples. Very Happy

And if that's not an option, I've always been willing to publicly humiliate myself for a good cause. I can make a billbouard (like those guys you see in movies walking around the major city of your choice wearing billboards saying "The end is neigh!") and stroll around Washington D.C. for a few hours. Of until I get arrested for public indecency and cruelty to fire-hydrants. Laughing
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got to wait for a reply, but Mystic is based off a combination of characteristics from other anime/manga characters, as well as a close friend of mine. So, instead of her just leeching off my account, she'll have one of her own. That way she can intereact with any of you guys and it'll clear up any misunderstandings. Such as if your wondering "Is that Labrn or Mystic hitting on me?" blink

And Johnny, I was thinking the same thing with my fanfics, but I'm still working out bits and pieces with Vanessa, because I prefer little bits to match up as evenly as possible. Ronald did say though, the free preview stuff can be shown, as long as you still give props and link it back here, so if you were going to post up your fanfics and want some art to go with it, you can use the free preview pictures.

What about our Avatars? I wanted to use this one that Vanessa made for me on another board. Thats alright right?
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just might work.A few fanart here and there with some stories inspired by Bon Bon can be a good advertisment.But i think that before posting them somewhere you should discuss the ones that are going to be posted,share some ideas here and there,that way you get the best results.Oh...and Xebulon wearing the billboard and strolling around Washington is a good idea Curious Maybe we can do a promotinal stunt,you know,drive a car thru a flaming ring while spinnig at 360 degrees...(It'll make a heck of a commercial Wink )
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote George Carlin, "I've always been willing to put myself at great personal risk for the sake of entertainment. And I've always been willing to put YOU at great personal risk for the same reason." Very Happy
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
What about our Avatars? I wanted to use this one that Vanessa made for me on another board. Thats alright right?

Vanessa was suggesting we add in a PBonBon logo at the bottom of each avatar we make to get people interested in the images of the avatar. Or possibly a URL below each avatar so its sort of like an ad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3