FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Vanessa Santato's Past Works
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is what the charming hosts and hostesses of PBB look like, I had wondered. What a treat to find when first logging on here for the day. I have to agree with the posters before me, you do draw wonderfully, you all look like wonderful people, thank you for sharing these pictures with us, there is a certain resemblace, you are the best in the world, and you are all talented people.
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. Now those are some really intersting photos.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, I'm very impressed. Your creative endeavors and artistic skills never cease to astound. The quality of your art is not unlike the bouquet of a fine wine. The quality is apparent from the onset but the true value is more subtle, and more wonderful. I am, of course, referring to the ability to make people smile. Smile

Have you ever considered marketing your jewelry online?
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yay, we see the great Vanessa! ^_^ as I said before, its always good to place a face with a name.

Now you have no protection from the total strangers that will pop up on the streets as your walking by saying "Oh My! I know you! Your Vanessa!" now that we know what you look like Razz

Heres to the continuing success of the site and your stand Vanessa & Ronald!
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us not forget about our good translator Martin and Vanessa's significant other, Marco, both important contributors to this grande place. Martin: Blessed translator of the story so those of us who cannot read Italian can enjoy this wonderful story. Marco: Aid to Vanessa in her artistic endeavors and constant source of encouragement to our good hostess. Keep up the good work, you two, and that goes for the rest of you as well.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have taken over the whooooole World!! Twisted Evil

PBB on top! Wink
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah! Very Happy
Thank you, you're too kind!
These are only the most recent photos, once there was a photo gallery of other cons on Xenographia as well, but I don't know if it's still online.

Short description of these images:
1-2: Lucca comics and games 2005, where Dillinger was shown together with other comics.
3: Lucca comics and games 2006, our jewelry stand, in which we were many friends and collaborators and everyone did something different (the bags on the wall with images of Anime were sewn and painted by hand by my friends!)
4: An unpublished sketch done for a passing fan (I photographed the picture, didn't scan it)
5-6: Press conference 2006 to talk about PBB to journalists, publishers and audience, after me the artists beside me talked about their works too.
7-8: Bologna 2006: I and Marco, guests at a small market show, where I sold Dillinger comics and sweets jewelry.

Haha! Yes, Ronald, maybe Marco looks like William Laughing , although not for personality (he's much more serious); but I'm much more like my Avatar than Mary.

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. Always a joy to see an ugly stereotype proven wrong, not to mention see other examples of you work we don't normally see. I had no idea you worked on jewelry and other crafts. Very Happy

I had a question, though. In one or two photos, I see mention of something called "Diabolik." What is that, if I may ask?
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
...4: An unpublished sketch done for a passing fan (I photographed the picture, didn't scan it)...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that sketch of your fursona Vanessa?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is a certain resemblance but I was'nt going to say anything because I'm by no means even remotely sure but since it's out now, I have the same question.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,if i must state my oppinion on this(and i will Wink )i would say that must be Lady Vanessa's fursona.It realy has a big resemblence and i never did saw this fursona in PBB.I guess it will all become clear in the near future...
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Labrn, it's not my fursona, just a generic character Smile
Kommy, Diabolik is one of the most famous italian character, a charming thief dressed in a tight full bodysuit, and steals, together with his companion, Eva Kant, jewelry and treasures. His main weapon is a knife, and he invented masks that imitate perfectly the human face, and he's also very good at imitating voices. A kind of dark-style Lupin, he too is chased by an investigator: Ginko. Recently has been done a cartoon series about him. Diabolik was invented and drawn by two women, two sisters, Angela and Luciana Giussani, and in Italy it's an icon since it's been published since 1962!
http://www.crapapelada.net/Edizioni/grafiche/diabolik.jpg
the movie:
http://www.fuenf-filmfreunde.de/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/danger-diabolik-ital.jpg
the comic:
http://www.fumettomania2000.com/Diabolik%20n.%2021%20-2%5E%20Serie.jpg
the animated series:
http://www.chode.ru/dvd/pic_m_series/Diabolik_3.jpg
His car
http://www.afnews.info/deposito/foto/cartoomics2006/images/Diabolik%20Jaguar%2001.jpg
stand at the comicon:
http://www.afnews.info/deposito/foto/cartoomics2006/images/Diabolik.jpg

Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very intense eyes, he has. Nice car too. Grazie, Vanessa, for sharing these with us.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i remember him.Was he not the one,who wanted to ruin "The Brotherhood of Crime".And he held a grudge against his brother..err Dane,i think.I got my hands on the comic and i watched several times "Diabolik"the animated series.Quite interesting though. Curious
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungCesar wrote:
I think i remember him.Was he not the one,who wanted to ruin "The Brotherhood of Crime".And he held a grudge against his brother..err Dane,i think.I got my hands on the comic and i watched several times "Diabolik"the animated series.Quite interesting though. Curious

Well, actually the cartoon watered down his style a bit, and added some extra stuff (like, say, his brother... in the comic Diabolik was an orphan).
The comic actually showed his thefts and assorted crimes, and in it he was kind of more handy with his knife (read "no qualms about killing, if needed") and almost never moved from his hometown of Clerville, or generally the county of Ghenf. I always wondered why he never seemed to run out of rich morons to rob, given that clerville was a TINY town... Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that out Martin Very Happy And i wouldn't be suprised,the "rich morons" are every where! Very Happy
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacationers to his "TINY town", maybe, or people who could'nt make it public knowledge that they had been robbed for some reason or another?
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
No, Labrn, it's not my fursona, just a generic character Smile...

Well, she does look remarkably similar...though I guess the fact that she's quite scantily clad should have told me. I don't think you would share such a "revealing" pic to the general public, no?
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
Vanessa wrote:
No, Labrn, it's not my fursona, just a generic character Smile...

Well, she does look remarkably similar...though I guess the fact that she's quite scantily clad should have told me. I don't think you would share such a "revealing" pic to the general public, no?

Not to a random fan, anyway!
Come to think of it, not to anyone either Very Happy
duo2nd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Wind blows)

......okay, now I know where Simon Blue was inspired of. *Blinks*

But I guess it's a good comic after all. And Betty is created BEFORE Pleasure Bon Bon? I guess it's a good start at those time.

And I saw in the Illustrations that maybe, the prototype illustration for Wilson Green and Mary Blue.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you are right! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2