FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Vanessa Santato's Past Works
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Vanessa Santato's Past Works Reply with quote

I was re-reading the website staff bios and I noticed something that never really caught my attention before. In your bio, Vanessa, you say that you wrote a sequel to The Great Mouse Detective called Basil: Search for the Red Dragon, in which Betty is "born" and plays the part of an archeologist studying Chinese antiquities and I found myself intrigued by the concept of such a story. Is there a way to read this story nowadays or is it something you keep on your bookshelf, never to be revealed to the world?
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old comic about Basil is the medium through which I learned to draw by myself, I redid it from scratch five times: when I was 15, then 16, 17, up to 20... then I realized that I could never have published it because he wasn't a character of mine, so I left the story undone, and started working on Dillinger that met a similar fate since I'm still looking for a publisher willing to publish it seriously. Someday maybe I'll show you my beginnings, but I'm afraid that I'd scare you! They're truly amateurish pictures! Maybe next Halloween I'll post something! Heheh

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
My old comic about Basil is the medium through which I learned to draw by myself, I redid it from scratch five times: when I was 15, then 16, 17, up to 20... then I realized that I could never have published it because he wasn't a character of mine, so I left the story undone, and started working on Dillinger that met a similar fate since I'm still looking for a publisher willing to publish it seriously. Someday maybe I'll show you my beginnings, but I'm afraid that I'd scare you! They're truly amateurish pictures! Maybe next Halloween I'll post something! Heheh

Actually, I'd like a few of your older works. It might help influenc me to draw. I find myself either blanking when it comes to drawing something, or I find myself too awed and depressed at the greatness of others' art. Telling myself "I'll never be able to do that."

Well...I'm slowly fighting those demons off. I've finally drawn a free hand pic for a friend, and did a remake of a picture someone drew for me, involving Labrn and another Aldeberan female posed to fight oncoming enemies. I kept Labrn in it, and added a friend's fursona in place of the female. Thats about the level I can do. Half trace/half draw. Heres hoping my fanarts come out.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen my old gallery?
There are sketches since 1994
http://www.dillingercomics.com/furry,art,galleries/sketches,vari,furry,art.htm

http://www.dillingercomics.com/furry,art,galleries/DDsketches,dillinger,derringer,furry,art,vanessa,santato.htm

Last edited by Vanessa on Thu May 03, 2007 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!Even back in 1994 you drew great art.I guess people are right when they say the more you work on something the better you get Smile
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I first came across your Dillinger comic years ago and thought it was so well drawn! Of course,you have gotten even better since but I think all here know that. Wink
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:

One must never be afraid of our past experiences and accomplishments, no matter how poor they may have been, for only by learning from them and seeking to better ourselves and our skills from them can we move ahead. Besides, if the artworks in the links you provided hint in any way to the artworks in your past works, we shan't be disappointed. Consider the story of Bon Bon, while the artwork is beautiful, it is the story we have come to love. Or, at least, that's how I feel.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said earlier, Vanessa, that you were having trouble finding a "publisher willing to publish it seriously." What's stopping you, if I may ask, do you have a reputation that precedes you or are you just having trouble dealing with the close minded fools? (Meant in good fun, close minded fools, meant in good fun.)
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you don't need to imply "good fun" around here, Ashton... many (not all, luckily) publishers here are only willing to publish stuff that has been done, redone and redone again. That, or manga (I like manga, but that's not the point...), mainstream US comics and the like.
You know the gist.
So they see Vanessa's works, say "It's really beautiful, really, but we ain't gonna risk it on a new horse" and shoo her off.

Some people just... well, you know. Mad
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how it feels, I'm having troubles finding a good publisher myself.
Most publisher don't like 'furrie's' which is a shame ...

If I can advice something though, I will.
I got a friend who goes each years to furry cons.
He draws... crap.
And I mean like a 8 year old.

No seriously.
He's all ready 60 years old though.
And mostly he let people draw for him, as I was one of them who drew art for him.
And he publishes his comic under his own name and sell it to the furry con over there. And apparently a lot of people just publish there own comic in a cheap way, but still good.

And sell it there.

And they really come back home, some get even a good publisher that just sells them further.
I know there's a site that sells adult furry comic's too...

I just really hope I made sense with my bad English >-<
But that's what I know, I can always lurk around though :p

- Carrie
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know, Martin, I know all to well, I'm afraid. That's very sad, in my opinion. Good luck getting your past, present and future works published, Vanessa, I look foreward to that day.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normaly con's are a good way to ditribute/advartise art.Sadly there arent many furry con's coming up.And for those i've heard about i think they are going to be in Italy and USA.My country SUX Mad We have never had a talented furry artist,or for that matter a furry artist. Confused And don't worry Carrie your english is understandible.Im more concerned about mine however Very Happy
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your's is understandable , Cesar, as is your's, Carrie, and while the furry con's coming up may not be in a location you can get to, Cesar, the one in Italy sounds ideal for Vanessa.
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree, I believe I have a friend in Italia, 'Ayelet' she had a furry con last year I believe was closely located with hers.

I can always ask info over there <3

BTW dear Vanessa if you read this, did you got my e-mail btw, I had so much trouble sending it with Gmail last night. It's was simply outrageous.

It wouldn't upload the PSD file I had for you. But eventually it worked after ... 30 min lol XD

Then I send it and right after it my net died for a moment, but my browser said: 'Message sent' so I'm still kind of O_O?
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Carrie i received it, thank you!
Your art is great! I'll reply you soon your mail.
True Martin.
Martin know well my troubles cause he is a friend of mine since 2004 ( if I'm correct), but he know my art a lot of time before meet me. So he follow all my work.
He met me during a comicon . Very Happy

Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum says: never give up, always give it your best and I'm sure Vanessa you'll get there. You are very talented =3

Trust me, you'll get there. Even if it's not the way to richness as a lot of people hope it would be. But art is so much fun, showing others what you like doing is just a wonderful thing.

I'll never give up, I promised myself that. :3

Seeing Leonidas I recognize your work from somewhere else too. But I do not know where...
Maybe via a link I must have stumbled on it there.
I loved the picture of Leonidas the most. <3<3<3
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point exactly Ashton.That raises an interesting subject.Ms.Santato,i'd like to ask,i think you never told us(but i get the fealing that im outa the loop here)have you ever visited any Furry cons?Or just comic cons?And do you have any plans to visit a con in the future?
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Carrie, Leonida was one of my first characters, since many of you liked her I'll have her show up more often.
Cesar, I started having a stand of my own at the italian comic cons since 1998! Every year I go as a guest or seller in two or three italian comic cons. At my stand I sell prints, comics of Dillinger and a line of jewels designed and created by me for girls (among which sweet-shaped earrings!) about which I publish a monthly feature on an Italian comic magazine.
Sometimes the pages of Dillinger and some clean pin ups from PBB are shown too. I'm already known as the first Italian Furry artist by all the publishers, in Italy everyone knows PBB, and I already found an identity for myself in the comic worls (I collect magazines and articles that speak about me ^_^ connecting me with the Furry!), but I decided to give 90% of my time to PBB, because I love the furry and for other publishers I'd have to draw something else. Ronald, on the other hand, lets me draw whatever I like without worrying ^_^.
Sadly here there are no anthrocons, although often italian friends and furry fans show up at my stand. I should come to america to take part to a true anthrocon. My dream is to get someday to the San Diego Comicon at the EAdultComics stand together with Martin and Ronald, and to publish together with Ronald the printed version of PBB! Very Happy
I'll show soon you some photos here .

LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to it Vanessa. You better let us know in advance if you do, cause I'm gonna be one of the first in line to purchase the published version and make sure you sign it! Wink Perhaps I'll even get a costume of Labrn made to help you recognize me. ;P

I know what you mean though. Although I live in America, I havn't been to a furrycon yet. So far, the only convention I've been to is ACEN (Anime Central) though not much on comics and furries, they show up anyways.

Yes photos please! ^_^ Also, if you need anyhelp, you could do like my friend did on her site for her comic and get a paypal donation box going, just incase memberships are going slow. I promise to help pitch in if it helps your dreams come that much closer to becoming a reality. ^_^
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy
Oh, many thanks Labrn !

LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy
Oh, many thanks Labrn !

No worries ^_^ I already said, I promise to stick with this place til it goes tets up. I was even going to get Mystic an account, but theres been a delay for that.

Though, a more pressing matter would be to get Carrie-Phox up and running with an account. Carrie, if we can't find a way to clear you, you can pay me through paypal and I can cover you with my card.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!Looks like you have visited all of the conventions Ms.Santato!I wonder why i did not hear about any cons when i was in Italy Confused ...In my country there are only game cons Sad While in America,its a hole new story.And i do hope you can acomplish your dream Vanessa! Very Happy
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with and second Labrn's sentiments, Vanessa, "You better let us know in advance if you do, cause I'm gonna be one of the first in line to purchase the published version and make sure you sign it!" So many things to do in preperation for your coming, not the least of which is re-aplying myself to learning Italian. To the books, AWAY!
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted to go to the San Diego Comic-Con... I'm like Labrn, the only convention I've been to was the same one he mentioned, ACen, though it's been a couple years since I've been back, I used to go there almost every year.

If Vanessa says she's going to show up at the Comic-Con, I'll definitely have to figure out a way to get there... I'll lie, cheat, steal, sell my blood and perform sexual favors for cash in order to get to that convention!

...okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
I've always wanted to go to the San Diego Comic-Con... I'm like Labrn, the only convention I've been to was the same one he mentioned, ACen, though it's been a couple years since I've been back, I used to go there almost every year.

If Vanessa says she's going to show up at the Comic-Con, I'll definitely have to figure out a way to get there... I'll lie, cheat, steal, sell my blood and perform sexual favors for cash in order to get to that convention!

...okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Rolling Eyes Somehow, think only half of what you said is exaggerated, being a "legendary trickster" if I recall. Wink By the way, I think I've come up with a solution to our little game over in the "No one beleives in Magic" thread. Twisted Evil I'm just awaiting approval from Littlefox.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the photos Vanessa wanted to show you guys.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or Vanessa and her boyfriend reminds me of William and Mary... (in the photo below)

Some resemblances?

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she draws wonderful

wow on speaker! oh my, id faint!!! O___O

hmmm, coolios O°°°O
she looks really like lovely lady! Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!Thanks for showing these pictures Vanessa!And thanks to you too Ronald!They really reveal a verry interesting pice of your life as an artist.The Dillinger comics looks GREAT and so does the jewelry!I wish you much more succses and may you remain the top Furry Artist in Europe!And America!And some of the eastern countrys!Aww what am i saying,you are one of the best in the WORLD!Its rare to see somebody with such a passion for art and furry art alike.
Oh,i think your right Ronald! woot There is a resemblance!You have to explain about this one Lady Vasnessa! Wink
Foxonian
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice treat it is to see the Dillinger comic again.I also agree with Ronald about the resemblence.Thanks for sharing the picks,Vanessa! You are one talented lady!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2