FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Any Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) Fans Out There?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightwolf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Any Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) Fans Out There? Reply with quote

I don't know if many (or any) of you would remember this cartoon show (though you'd probably remember Sonic the Hedgehog video games), but the show was one of my favorites growing up. Simply titled Sonic the Hedgehog, and it aired on the ABC network back in 1993 and 1994 on Saturday mornings. It may have been broadcast in other countries as well, but I'm not certain as to which ones. Probably one of the most nostalgic American cartoons I remember and I have very fond memories of watching it. This is not to be confused with Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog which aired on weekdays. I'm talking about the weekend series (and the much better series in my opinion). It has been commonly referred to as "Sonic SatAM" the SatAM part referring to it having aired on Saturday mornings. Maybe some of you recall it. If not:

The show followed a group of Freedom Fighters (anthropomorphic style animals of course) striving to liberate their planet (Mobius) from the tyranny of Dr. Ivo Robotnik who had captured almost all the citizens of the planet and turned them into his robotic slaves. There were a lot of memorable characters in the series and the show had some dramatic plots (if you can call any cartoon dramatic, of course.)

I would link you all to the FUS (standing for Fans United for SatAM) messageboard focused on the series, but I frankly don't care for most of the people who are members there since they're nowhere near as respectful as PBB members appear to be and many of them can appear quite vulgar and whiny, so I'll spare any of you the displeasure. Though it can be pretty easily found on google if you want to take a look at it.

I will link you to the DVD Boxset which is set to release a week from today (3-27). Believe it or not, the Sonic SatAM forum has made getting the show on DVD one of its top priorities and for the longest time, none of us thought it would actually happen, but it has thanks to Shout! Factory. Anyway, if any of you are interested in the series, you can check out the boxset on amazon.com for yourselves from the link below. I'd highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-Complete-Jaleel-White/dp/B000M8N41W/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9761866-3303258?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1174427727&sr=1-1
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda am. just bought or preordered the full season(s hopefully) dvd on amazon.
Nightwolf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, don't worry, Drake. Both seasons are included in that boxset. It's the entire series, all 26 episodes. Made a good choice there. It's probably my favorite cartoon of all time!
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, and Sonic was what got me into everything cute and furry. If I never saw it, heh I might not be on the site right now Razz
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urkle is the voice of sonic i just found out
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, you didn't know that?

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
RomLoneWolf23k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more of an Archie Sonic fan these days, myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1