FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Histories
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting bio, Fireheart, quite open for lots of interpretation. You say your character is from "the North", any ideas on which particular region you're refering to?

Personally, I think it would be interesting if he were some sort of Inuit (aka: "Eskimo", who live in Arctic territories including Greenland and Siberia). Of course, being a Husky (and the Siberian Huskie being the breed most associated with huskies), you could go with a Siberian Inuit or possibly a rural Russian or even Eastern European background...

Sorry, just a thought, don't mind me. My nosy pseudo-historian side can't help it. There's lots of "North" up there, and if you prefer to keep his background more ambiguous, that's cool too, since he's your character.

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Fireheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats been a bit of my style in writing. Creating a consise bit of information that gives the reader the opportunity to truely decide for themselves the essense of the character and their motives. Sort of stemming from the idea "Action speaks louder than words".

As for the "from the North" question, personally I view it closer to a Siberian type culture, since his loyalty and guardian nature are often consistant that of some Russian friends I have.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, he is an intriguing character. Siberian origins, or an approximation thereof, adds a very nice touch too. наемный убийца!
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, may I say Great job to Fireheart. Very good writing and an admirable character. Smile

Secondly, I wanted to ask if I may post about a character of my own. It is not a history, as it is his introduction in my fanfic. It is a tad long. Which is why I am asking first.
Fireheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the support, writing has been a hobby of mine since I picked up roleplaying via RP servers in WoW ( yes I'm a gamer geek lemme alone! ). Since I started RPing I've written about three stories set in the Warcraft universe centered around two of my characters, Raicon Firesong and Turus Dylen.

The same type of idea is found within Fireheart, albiet he is more realistic when compared to the Inuit as JohnnyPsycho pointed out. However I found it difficult to find a good fit for him within PBB since he is just more reserved than many of the characters introduced on these message boards and in the comic.
------------------------------
MrWolf12, I say go for it and post away. If I can get away with posting what I have and mistaken for 'good' anyone can ~.^
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWolf12 wrote:
Secondly, I wanted to ask if I may post about a character of my own. It is not a history, as it is his introduction in my fanfic. It is a tad long. Which is why I am asking first.

MrWolf12, you are welcome to post it under my history if that would make you feel more at ease. Or create a new topic for it if you prefer. I, for one, am looking forward to reading it. Smile
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, it would seem I was a little late with my last post. Smile
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Fireheart!
You have a very good character, I like Siberian Huskies.
Don't forget to add those characters informations :age, color fur, eyes, dresses info, for your future avatar.

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
Fireheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vanessa, I'll update the post with that info within the next few days Smile
----
Edit:

I couldn't sleep and for some reason, had a flash of inspiration with Fireheart. Both in his description and background, and his involvment with PBB. I may be overstepping my grounds a tad, but how about a bodyguard type of position for the big guy? More accuratly a bodyguard for Daphne when she comes to visit PBB, as I'm sure she has many admirers during her visits, a bit of muscle certainly wouldn't hurt.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that I should go ahead and post this here...so...here it is Smile
Again, his name is Jacob...I'll let the rest speak for itself.

The crewman's head snapped violently to his right, spraying the inner hull with red and bits of teeth. The meaty fist that had done the damage continued its wide arc, connecting with yet another head foolish enough to be in the way. This time the force centered upon the victim's temple, instantly glazing the otter's eyes and sending him to the floor and into unconsciousness. The owner of the fist stepped back from the two prone forms at his feet, his own face aching from previous blows, while around him the rest of the crew filled the space of the ship's hold with the howls and roars of dissatisfaction.

How dare he?!, came the yells. To think he's fit to be among us!

Their anger centered upon the one still standing, his towering frame several heads above the ones around him. The long dark fur the covered the thickly corded muscles of his arms wavered slightly in the heated, musk scented air. Steaming breath bellowed from his barreled chest, to vent though the end of a short broad muzzle. The thin lips at its edges peeled back in a snarl, the light of the several flaming lanterns glinted off the curved pointed teeth that were exposed. Eyes the color of molten gold shined from beneath the tangled ropes of long dark hair that hung before his face, a face the color of damp earth, outlined in lighter tan. The movement of his bare feet, as he turned to face those around him, cause the worn edges of the simple hide trousers he wore to flutter. It was his only clothing, save for the leather string of carved wooden beads that hung tightly around his neck, Otherwise, from the waist up, all was deep brown-black fur, with long strips of tan running from the pit of his arms down his sides. The typical coloring for a wolverine like him.

His thick muscles corded, bushy tail bristled. They started for him then, a wave of angry faces with eyes filled with venom. His fisted tightened.....ready.

"STOP THIS!!!"

Heads turned to the steps leading into the hold. Holding a lantern, the captain glared at the gaggle before him. The scowl on his bill was enough to quiet them all. Despite it being the middle of the night, the old duck still wore his full uniform. Silks of blue and red, trimmed in sparkling gold, shined in the fire light. Medals clacked together upon his chest. As he strode into the hold, the crewman parted. He was short, barely reaching chest height of most of the men, but, as he looked at each with his one good eye, they showed tremendous respect by cowing. Yes, he only had one eye. Where the right one would have set, a rolled scarf of scarlet hue ran around his head at an angle. Featherless scars spidered from under the silk, hinting at an old grievous injury.

"Everyone back to your bunks!", he ordered, "NOW!!! Or I'll hang you from the mast myself!!!"

Faces scattered in all directions. "You two." called the captain, two beavers turned toward him, standing straighter. "Pick up your fellow crewmen." he motioned to the ones still attempting to lift themselves from the floor, blood still trickling from ones jaw, the other sporting a large blue-black lump at his temple. "Wake the doctor and get them treated."

"Yes, sir." both beavers called, before shouldering the two injured men, and helping them up the steps.

Now, the captains eyes turned to where the wolverine still stood, his body relaxed, even as the captain wobbled up to him. Having to crane his neck up to look at him, the old captain's face lost some of it's ferocity.

"I'm sorry, son." he sighed. "I'm afraid my crew are not as open minded as I."

The wolverine looked down at the duck. "It's alright, sir." he said in a deep yet smooth voice. "It's not the first time." Those gold eyes glancing sideways as memories flashed, memories filled with pain. He had faced such prejudice against his people before. At the same time, the captain took note of all the scars that marked the younger crewman's body.

After a moment of silence, the captain spoke. "We should make berth in three days. At that time you, may if you wish, take as much from the stores as your belly can carry. Also, you've done an excellent job these last few months, and you've earned a well deserved pay when we reach port. More then enough to give you a good head start on your journey. Ah, speaking of which." Reaching into his pocket, the duck pulled out a small piece of parchment. Handing it over, he added, "The name of a town. From what you've told me, i think it would be the most likely place. And even if it isn't, it would be the best place to start looking."

"Thank you, sir." the wolverine spoke, taking the bit of paper from the captain. Unfolding it, he read the name of the town. 'BonBon'. Looking back to the captain, "And the item I..."

"Safe," the captain cut in, grinning reassuringly, "In my quarters under lock and key."

Nodding, the larger male turned to make for the stairs leading out of the hold.

Watching for a moment, the captain asked, "She must mean a lot to you." The wolverine stopped. "To come all this way, from the New World to the Old."

There was silence, broken only by the soft gurgling of the water lapping at the ship outside.

"Yes." the younger one spoke, "She's all the family I have left." And with that, he moved up the steps, leaving the captain alone in the hold.

Until, finally, the captain also hobbled up those same stairs towards his personal quarters, eager to know the comfort of his bed.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireheart wrote:
I couldn't sleep and for some reason, had a flash of inspiration with Fireheart. Both in his description and background, and his involvment with PBB. I may be overstepping my grounds a tad, but how about a bodyguard type of position for the big guy? More accuratly a bodyguard for Daphne when she comes to visit PBB, as I'm sure she has many admirers during her visits, a bit of muscle certainly wouldn't hurt.

A Siberian/Russian bodyguard who hires himself out to famous and/or important visitors to BonBon? I wonder what kind of relationship a "private businessman" like Fireheart has with the local law enforcement? Has he ever had any run-ins with BonBon police, or even with criminals? Seems like a free-lance private bodyguard would often run into shadier characters from time to time...

Sorry about the speculation, Fireheart, I can't help myself sometimes... Embarassed

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Fireheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh thats the idea JohnnyPsycho, you can iterpret a character yourself through my writing. THrough some perspectives he's a vigilante, in others he's just a man trying to make his place in the world.

As for local police / criminals, I haven't noticed any introduced yet ( i may have missed it ) so I can't speculate on that possible relationship.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does bring up an interesting question. Namely, does Bon Bon actually have a police force, or sheriffs department? I would assume so, though it seems that some laws might be rather hard to enforce. It also brings to mind curiosity about Bon Bon's legal structure. Public indecency laws would probably have to be a little more lax, given the nature of the town itself.

Although, Mr. Simon Blue did claim to have made the laws himself... curious. Very curious indeed. One can only speculate as to where Ms. (Mrs.?) Santato is headed. Curious
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good jobs both Fireheart and MrWolf12 (May I ask are you the 12th Mr. Wolf or is there any meaning to the twelve?)

By what we've seen, it seems more of a community, perhaps even a militia guard BonBon, as seen when all Betty had to do was point and William and say "out" for him to get tossed out by some of the customers.

Also, taking into account these new recruits, Labrn, and Sakura, there seem to be enough body guards and strong, willing bodies to help keep the place discreet and operational.

I can at least speak for myself when I say that I go and break up fights regardless if I know who or why they are. Take it outside the city limits if they want to kill one another.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You touched a fundamental spot in the story, I'll try to answer you without writing spoilers for the story; anyway, as of now there's no need of vigilantes in town.
Simon Blue, as someone could already have guessed, is the first mayor of Bon Bon. Bon Bon was born as a Pleasure Town just a few years ago, before that it was a farmer town. Everything started with Simon, and we'll find out how. He's the one who started managing the town, but for some reason later he retreated to his mansion, WITHOUT relinquishing the job of mayor, also because nobody ever ran for the position (either because they're afraid of facing such a powerful man, or because everything is just fine the way it is). The first law that Simon passed was the one about privacy: "in Bon Bon nobody knows who you are, and nobody asks", and the penalty for the transgression is banishment from the town for a few years. But there's also a second law, one against [word censored] and "exploiting" the prostitutes, that in BB must do it of their own will, but we'll talk about it later.
When someone breaks these or other laws, Simon sends a telegram to the capital, which sends the official state police to arrest the accused person and a regular trial takes place. This way, if found guilty, the accused's reputation is fully soiled.
Bon Bon is mainly a peaceful town, but if problems, like for example someone getting drunk or acting nastily, should arise, you'll have noticed that there's always someone ready to lend a hand to defuse the situation: Loucille, Hans and the other gentlemen, or Sakura... probably Johnny and Mr Wolf would be glad to help too Very Happy !
There's no police force, since the police would violate the privacy of the guests that must stay anonymous, therefore they manage things themselves, guided by common sense and under the supervision of princess Betty, that has the responsibility of the well being of the citizens.
Bon Bon's been around for very few years, and it's such an exclusive place that few people know of its existence, and only who is already rich can visit it. In Bon Bon one can drink, gamble, have sex and everything he wants, therefore the people is fully satisfied.

MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information, Lady Vanessa. Smile

So, let me ask, perhaps my female character, instead of constable or police....perhaps she could be a bouncer, or whatever the equivalent is in this time frame, in one of the more lesser known pubs or brothels (there must be ones other then Delight Castle). I just see her, because she would be taller and stronger then most of the other females, as doing something of that nature. I had it in my mind that her brother comes to town, and she gives him a job helping her. Yet, I still want to keep it all within the parameters of the world you created.

You've given me much to work with and brainstorm on already, and I thank you greatly, Lady Vanessa. Smile
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mystic. Smile

LabrnMystic wrote:
(May I ask are you the 12th Mr. Wolf or is there any meaning to the twelve?)

and to answer your question. I'm afraid its no more special then a way to ensure that I could use the moniker 'Mr.Wolf" which has become how I sign all that I write. Smile

I'm a Loyal Member now!! Yah me!! bouncy Mr. Green
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations MrWolf12! Smile

Here's more food for thought. Now, this might be going out on a limb here, but has anyone considered the possibility that Edelweiss is Mary's mother?

What we know: Edelweiss was living in Bon Bon at the tme of Mary and Betty's first meeting.
Assumption: Edelweiss was living in Bon Bon when Mary was born.

What we know: Simon severly dislikes (possible despises) the inhabitants of Bon Bon.
Assumption: Other than offending his sensebilities, someone or something about Bon Bon gave him reason to dislike them.
Further Assumption: Simon feels guilty about something he did in the past? Possibly he once indulged in Bon Bon's stock and trade?
Even further assumption: Simon and Edelweiss were lovers... maybe.

What we know: Edelweiss is not currently living in Bon Bon. Time of her disapearence/departure unknown.
Assumption: Edelweiss is deceased. Grief, illness, foul play, all of the above, none of the above, other?
Another assumption: Edelweiss left Bon Bon. See above for possible reasons.
Further assumption: Simon caused her to leave either by action or inaction. Possibly by refusing to allow his only child to be raised in such a town and Edelweiss unable to simply quit her "job" and live with them.

This is all purely speculation. I know that some of these are a little wild, but I'm trying to explore the possibilities. What are your thoughts?
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting hypothesis, Xebulon. And thank you Smile

Your assumptions defiantly have merit. One does wonder about Simon's almost fanatic 'protection' of his daughter. I too feel it goes beyond just the protective father.
Fireheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats certainly a possiblity now that you mention it I think, it would explain how Edelweiss knew so much about Mary's 'inprisonment' and that Simon Blue was an 'evil man'. With so much seclusion it's unlikely that many would enjoy know Mary existed, not to mention that she's locked away. It would also explain Edelwiss' obvious scorn for Mr. Blue, as often times not agreeing with how one lives their life doesn't coorelate with hate for them. All in all Mr. Blue ( as far as we have seen ) isn't evil or a criminal for that manner, it's just what has been percieved with the information so far.

Another explaination and perseption is that Mr. Blue is extremly overprotective of his daughter's safety and virginity. A sort of 'chasity belt' (sp?) in a way. We haven't seen Mr. Blue act abusive or cruel to Mary in any way shape or form, in fact Mary seems healty, well educated and cared for. Doesn't seem like 'evil' acts to me -shrugs-

Some futher speculation is the "Fist Law of Bon Bon' that was introduced in Issue #3, perhaps Edelweiss broke that law trying to free Mary or protect Betty? It would explain her disapeerance as she obsviously cared for Betty a great deal, if Betty knew Edelweiss had been 'shamed', she may lose her respect for Edelweiss I suppose. Again just more speculation, but does give food for thought eh?
Nightwolf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to meet you, Fireheart btw.

In response to the discussion around here lately, I was actually pondering something on my way to REM sleep last night.

We don't know anything about Mary's mother (i.e. Simon's wife?) and Edelweiss seemed to have a fondness for Mary when she described the situation to Betty during that flashback to 1885 in Issue 2.

Again, this is purely speculation, but has anyone ever wondered whether Edelweiss could indeed be Mary's biological mother? I believe Edelweiss is a cat, right? That's neither here nor there, but why else would she have felt so close to Mary unless she had some kind of interaction with her? Makes me wonder if perhaps she and Simon had some kind of fling, and when Blue discovered Edelweiss's profession after theoretically giving birth to Mary, the two split up, and a few years later when both Betty and Mary were still young children, Edelweiss mysteriously disappeared. Simon perhaps refused to expose his newborn daughter to any of what he considered to be the debauchery of BonBon and so he shielded her from the outside world.

As I said, that is all pure speculation and probably farfetched though it is something I've given thought to. There are things that don't necessarily fit with that explanation and I'm sure some of you will be able to point them out, but I'm frankly too tired and lazy to think of them myself right now. Laughing
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe Edelweiss is Mary's mother nor do I believe she is dead because A: Mary's mother is known to be dead and B: Edelweiss "mysteriously disappeared" and I imagine she did so while she was alive. I do believe Simon at one time in his life in Bon Bon, most likely in his youth, before he met his wife, did indulge and possibly had a hand in establishing Bon Bon's "stock and trade" and may have in met his wife in doing so. I further believe it may have been the manner of his wife's death that drove him from the town and secluded him and his daughter in his home. It may even be possible that Simon in some way blames Edelweiss for his wife's death and she is angered at him for his blame towards her, hence their ill feelings towards eachother. My final belief is that Edelweiss may have left Bon Bon to seek out other children in need of "rescue and refuge".
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that we should probably create a separate topic now for speculations about Bon Bon's past and future histories. It would be easier to find for people who have not already done so and fresh opinions are always good for a discussion. If no one objects, I would be happy create the topic and repost the various theories previously stated here there.
Fireheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be wise, else we clog up this thread even more than we have now.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWolf12 wrote:
Thank you for the information, Lady Vanessa. Smile

So, let me ask, perhaps my female character, instead of constable or police....

we could agree on a job as a street watch, not a state-sanctioned policeman, but more of a private guard hired by the Delight Castle (with a personalized uniform), helping with minor problems like informations, recovery of lost objects, public security... and, of course, patrolling the streets at night to make the street girls feel safer Wink

Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
I'm thinking that we should probably create a separate topic now for speculations about Bon Bon's past and future histories. It would be easier to find for people who have not already done so and fresh opinions are always good for a discussion. If no one objects, I would be happy create the topic and repost the various theories previously stated here there.

bravo Xebulon.

MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
we could agree on a job as a street watch, not a state-sanctioned policeman, but more of a private guard hired by the Delight Castle (with a personalized uniform), helping with minor problems like informations, recovery of lost objects, public security... and, of course, patrolling the streets at night to make the street girls feel safer Wink

My thoughts exactly! Ah, and I do have an idea for such a 'uniform' Wink

Again I thank you. When I am finished with her intro I will post it here. I do hope my previous character was to your liking. Perhaps one of them may become my avatar at some point. Well, more then liekly the male. Having a female avatar and being male...well...confusing would be an understatment. Laughing
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
Xebulon wrote:

bravo Xebulon.

Yeah... should have thought of that sooner, huh? dry
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously we should not have thought of that sooner because we did not, that works for those who believe in fate or destiny and for those who don't.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
Vanessa wrote:
Xebulon wrote:

bravo Xebulon.

Yeah... should have thought of that sooner, huh? dry

Razz

I've missed a few opportunities to make a few posts, usually because someone else has beat me to the punch, for instance the whole Mary's mother being dead, and if I recall, we are told that Edelweiss is still alive, just not around BonBon

And finally, I'm sure Mr.Wolf's girl is gonna get a few eyebrows raised, especially with the talk of uniform. I beleive we heard it on another topic that uniforms get some hearts racing around here. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5