FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Just a Fan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, rest assured, I keep everything that I pen. From the tiniest limerick to a 150 page story still in production. Laughing
You are right that one never knows when you'll get the chance to finish or continue one. Actually, I have been in the process of writing a little fanfic for PBB as well. Not very far, just acting on an idea for a character.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to look at it this way, if you could predict everything before it happened or if everything went exactly the way you planned it every single time, things would be fun at first but after a while, things would get real dull, real fast. This coming from a precognative psychic phenom, so I know from personal experience what it can be like. (Let's keep the psychic criticism and debunking to a minimum, please)
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't debunk something I've experienced myself.

A good friend of mine is a practicing pagan witch, and I have seen and felt many out of the ordinary events. So, i have a very open mind about such things.

You'll get no criticism from me.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, paganism, one of the more misunderstood and frowned upon schools of belief, that brings back a few old thoughts (none of them bad Smile ). Well, that's one more to the list of open minded people I've met (so to speak).
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is difficult not to have an open mind when one works the night shift in a hotel that is haunted. Yes, I have seen dark shadows, objects have moved. Guests have seen the image of a little girl in the mirrors of certain rooms. We employees have come to call her Amanda.
She is harmless, but likes to play pranks.

So, friend Gray, what brought you to the understanding that you were precognative??
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ach. If you don't want me arguing against these... hypotheses, then I request you not discuss them. I can only restrain myself so long.

I'm very much a scientist. Magical thinking and similar New Age notions really get under my skin. I'd gleefully debate it, but if you don't want me talking my side, I don't want you talking yours.

Besides, it may be off-topic to this forum. Razz
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, where does the term "New Age" come from anyway? I mean, a lot of that pagan stuff predates Christianity, and even scientific reasoning, and yet we call it "New Age"...

I prefer to straddle the fence on this sort of topic. A lot of the women in my family have experienced what could be described as "paranomal" or even "psychic" phenomena, and as entertaining as those stories are, I've got my skeptical side as well. I don't necessarily discount a possibility of the "psychic realm", but I do also realize how many charlatans are out there performing "parlor tricks" to earn cash or notoriety for themselves. Plus we're still learning exaclty how the brain works and how intuition works... Nothing's ever set in stone as far as science is concerned.

Buuut, as to whether discussing psychic and precognitave phenomena is appropriate in this forum or not is really just a matter of realizing: a) You're in a furry message-board, a place already not closely based upon the functions of the "real world", and b) A seperate thread discussing psychic powers can easily be started.

Just figured I'd jump in even before any "heated discussions" led to "heated arguments". I tend to have a sixth-sense about when these things are about to happen... Wink Laughing Just kidding, Herr Doktor...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for diverging off topic. Embarassed
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about it, it happens...

Johnny's backstory
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
By the way, where does the term "New Age" come from anyway? I mean, a lot of that pagan stuff predates Christianity, and even scientific reasoning, and yet we call it "New Age"...

If I recall, it dates from the counterculture of the sixties, with self-proclaimed gurus saying the New Age of Aquarious was upon us. And it really only applies to neo-paganism, some of the kookier cults, and related things like crystal healing. 'Classical paganism' is not included, such as Hinduism, Greco-Roman pantheon, Native American beliefs, Shintoism, etc. Sometimes, it kinda makes me ashamed of my sign. Razz

Quote:
Buuut, as to whether discussing psychic and precognitave phenomena is appropriate in this forum or not is really just a matter of realizing: a) You're in a furry message-board, a place already not closely based upon the functions of the "real world", and b) A seperate thread discussing psychic powers can easily be started.

Eh, it's the owner/operator's call, anyway. Razz

Quote:
Just figured I'd jump in even before any "heated discussions" led to "heated arguments". I tend to have a sixth-sense about when these things are about to happen... Wink Laughing Just kidding, Herr Doktor...

Herr Doktor? Hehehe... "Mein Digits!" (Prize to the first one to note the reference. Very Happy )

The proper term is Fraulein Doktor, I believe. Herr is a masculine title. Laughing

As to you, Mr. Wolf, there is no need to blush over changing the topic in your own thread. I'm just... touchy on certain topics and can't resist tearing into them. Just relax and enjoy yourself. I promise no one here bites, save for maybe the occaisional affectionate nibble.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone needs to apologize for "diverging off topic", I think it's me since I'm the one who first brought up the "realm of the psychic", so to speak, and that's where it started, maybe I should start up a seperate thread in General Discussion for this? (Rhetorical question) Anyway, I'll put my last two florins in on that subject and leave it at that. MrWolf12, it's been going on for, quite literally, as long as I can remember (with the expeption of one baby memory) and, with a combination of instincual, psychic and growing up and learning knowledge, I've always understood it. I can also relate to the whole haunted surroundings aspect. Just to be clear, precognition is not just cut and dry knowledge or sight of something, anything, beofore it happens in far advance, it's rarely so simple or clear. While that has happened to me in the past, my precognative nature is more knowing what will happen or what people will do or say bare seconds or minutes beforehand, makes for very intresting conversations, especially with people I've just met. Dr.Fuchs, I don't mind good natured arguments or debates but when things start getting heated, I tend to get less than cordial. Feel free to voice your opinions in the thread I'm going to start. By the way, your German knowledge is correct once again.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I created a thread just for these discusions in General Discussion, it's called "Psychic and Otherworldly conversations continued", feel free to voice your opinions and experiences there Smile .
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:
As to you, Mr. Wolf, there is no need to blush over changing the topic in your own thread. I'm just... touchy on certain topics and can't resist tearing into them. Just relax and enjoy yourself. I promise no one here bites, save for maybe the occaisional affectionate nibble.

Oh, I can understand, Lady Kommy. I merly apologized as a matter of respect. Yet, I must say, this particular topic is a personal one to me. Haveing a Native heritage, I pratice many of my family's spiritual beliefs.

As for the...how you put it..."occaisional affectionate nibble"...I will remember that Smile

Also, friend Gray, i would think we both had work in changing the subject. But, anyway, thank you for answering my question. The rest I will save for your new thread.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommy wrote:
The proper term is Fraulein Doktor, I believe. Herr is a masculine title. Laughing

*sigh* That's what I get for trying to be cool. I should never mess witth languages I don't understand... I always do stuff like that, sorry... Embarassed

So, Frau Doktor, and I doing it right now? (I think "Fraulein" might seem a bit too childish a title for a repectable doctor)

Johnny's backstory
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post this in Histories. Yet, because of the length, i figure it would be more polite to post it here. Smile
This is the intro i mentioned. Since I have not mentioned his name in the intro, I will say it is Jacob. And just in case, I was using the aspects of the animal, not the comic hero. Very Happy Hope you like.

The crewman's head snapped violently to his right, spraying the inner hull with red and bits of teeth. The meaty fist that had done the damage continued its wide arc, connecting with yet another head foolish enough to be in the way. This time the force centered upon the victim's temple, instantly glazing the otter's eyes and sending him to the floor and into unconsciousness. The owner of the fist stepped back from the two prone forms at his feet, his own face aching from previous blows, while around him the rest of the crew filled the space of the ship's hold with the howls and roars of dissatisfaction.

How dare he?!, came the yells. To think he's fit to be among us!

Their anger centered upon the one still standing, his towering frame several heads above the ones around him. The long dark fur the covered the thickly corded muscles of his arms wavered slightly in the heated, musk scented air. Steaming breath bellowed from his barreled chest, to vent though the end of a short broad muzzle. The thin lips at its edges peeled back in a snarl, the light of the several flaming lanterns glinted off the curved pointed teeth that were exposed. Eyes the color of molten gold shined from beneath the tangled ropes of long dark hair that hung before his face, a face the color of damp earth, outlined in lighter tan. The movement of his bare feet, as he turned to face those around him, cause the worn edges of the simple hide trousers he wore to flutter. It was his only clothing, save for the leather string of carved wooden beads that hung tightly around his neck, Otherwise, from the waist up, all was deep brown-black fur, with long strips of tan running from the pit of his arms down his sides. The typical coloring for a wolverine like him.

His thick muscles corded, bushy tail bristled. They started for him then, a wave of angry faces with eyes filled with venom. His fisted tightened.....ready.

"STOP THIS!!!"

Heads turned to the steps leading into the hold. Holding a lantern, the captain glared at the gaggle before him. The scowl on his bill was enough to quiet them all. Despite it being the middle of the night, the old duck still wore his full uniform. Silks of blue and red, trimmed in sparkling gold, shined in the fire light. Medals clacked together upon his chest. As he strode into the hold, the crewman parted. He was short, barely reaching chest height of most of the men, but, as he looked at each with his one good eye, they showed tremendous respect by cowing. Yes, he only had one eye. Where the right one would have set, a rolled scarf of scarlet hue ran around his head at an angle. Featherless scars spidered from under the silk, hinting at an old grievous injury.

"Everyone back to your bunks!", he ordered, "NOW!!! Or I'll hang you from the mast myself!!!"

Faces scattered in all directions. "You two." called the captain, two beavers turned toward him, standing straighter. "Pick up your fellow crewmen." he motioned to the ones still attempting to lift themselves from the floor, blood still trickling from ones jaw, the other sporting a large blue-black lump at his temple. "Wake the doctor and get them treated."

"Yes, sir." both beavers called, before shouldering the two injured men, and helping them up the steps.

Now, the captains eyes turned to where the wolverine still stood, his body relaxed, even as the captain wobbled up to him. Having to crane his neck up to look at him, the old captain's face lost some of it's ferocity.

"I'm sorry, son." he sighed. "I'm afraid my crew are not as open minded as I."

The wolverine looked down at the duck. "It's alright, sir." he said in a deep yet smooth voice. "It's not the first time." Those gold eyes glancing sideways as memories flashed, memories filled with pain. He had faced such prejudice against his people before. At the same time, the captain took note of all the scars that marked the younger crewman's body.

After a moment of silence, the captain spoke. "We should make berth in three days. At that time you, may if you wish, take as much from the stores as your belly can carry. Also, you've done an excellent job these last few months, and you've earned a well deserved pay when we reach port. More then enough to give you a good head start on your journey. Ah, speaking of which." Reaching into his pocket, the duck pulled out a small piece of parchment. Handing it over, he added, "The name of a town. From what you've told me, i think it would be the most likely place. And even if it isn't, it would be the best place to start looking."

"Thank you, sir." the wolverine spoke, taking the bit of paper from the captain. Unfolding it, he read the name of the town. 'BonBon'. Looking back to the captain, "And the item I..."

"Safe," the captain cut in, grinning reassuringly, "In my quarters under lock and key."

Nodding, the larger male turned to make for the stairs leading out of the hold.

Watching for a moment, the captain asked, "She must mean a lot to you." The wolverine stopped. "To come all this way, from the New World to the Old."

There was silence, broken only by the soft gurgling of the water lapping at the ship outside.

"Yes." the younger one spoke, "She's all the family I have left." And with that, he moved up the steps, leaving the captain alone in the hold.

Until, finally, the captain also hobbled up those same stairs towards his personal quarters, eager to know the comfort of his bed.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo on your descriptions of the events and surroundings, I was able to get a clear picture of it. Personally I find it difficult to convey a clear description without being long winded. I look forward to seeing more of the story.
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you, Xebulon. I am glad it worked out that well.
Now I'm going to work on the intro of his sister,who is also a character of mine. I would say more, but i hope to finish this fanfic soon, so why spoil the plot Smile
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, I'd like to be able to read more of this story in the future. It definitely sets up an interesting plot.

What part of the "New World" is he from? Can't help but be curious about that, for obvious reasons...

Johnny's backstory
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question, Johnny, I see him being more from the Canadian North Woods. Algonquin, perhaps. Broad, I know, but I think it works better that way. Leave more room for interpretation. It is still a work in progress, though. Yes, he would be hardened from many harsh winters.

After I write the intro for his sister, who's occupation I will say is one I have yet too see in the PBB plot, I will add detailed descriptions for them. Hopefully it will workout. Smile
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done, MrWolf12, I was captivated while reading it.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your characters might be surprised to find a kindred spirit visiting the town of BonBon. My character, Johnny Six-Killer, is half Potawatomi on his mother's side of the family, and the Potawatomi and Canadian Angonquin are culturally and linguistically related to each other (both tribes speak closely-related dialects of the Algonquian language family). I'm interested to read about your other character now...

FYI, I myself am a member of the Potawatom tribe as well (though in reality from my father's side of the family... sort of a mirror-image of my fursona).

Johnny's backstory
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Well, to you Johnny may I say: "bozho nikan" Smile
I myself am of Yeopim descent, around the North Carolina region.

But, yes. It will be interesting to see how they will interact. I'm working on the sister as we speak. I guess I should say what I plan on having her be, since there has been talk of it already. lol I see her, since she is also a wolverine, naturally very strong, as being a constable. Was thinking Head Constable, but perhaps thats a bit too ambitious. Embarassed lol

and don;t worry, she may be strong, but I plan to keep her very....feminine. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2