FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
PBB in Ancient Greek times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToddRogue69

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: PBB in Ancient Greek times Reply with quote

Just last night I was playing God of War 2 and I had a very interesting thought, what if Bon Bon took place in Ancient Greece? Like what would it be like? The delight castle would be something truly fascinating to see, same for the women.

It would be cool to see what Vanessa would come up with on that kind of topic. To see some of the lovely ladies of Bon Bon in beautiful Greek gowns and jewelry, I’m sure they would look very beautiful and radiant. I’m sure that Vanessa would make them look like true goddesses. What do you guys think?

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/toddrogue69/

https://toddrogue69.sofurry.com/
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ancient Greeks and ancient Romans were not as.... squeamish about the human body as people are today. You need only look at portraits and wall carvings from those times and you'll see more sex and nudity than just about any other era and culture in history. Hell, they're about the only ones (that I am aware of) that actually have a god specifically focused on that whole general matter. Beauty, love, fertility and sex. Sure, they didn't walk around the streets having orgies at every corner, but I'd bet if you walked into a bath house you'd probably find at least one pair of people doing something more than simply washing.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((

Quote:

but I'd bet if you walked into a bath house you'd probably find at least one pair of people doing something more than simply washing.

You mean like conducting business or deciding the fate of another country to annex or determining the best way to murder the current Ceasar?

*smirks* Sorry, Silvador. Me and my dumb sense of humor. Just thought that was funny, as Bath Houses, as far as my studies have gone, were more akin to Country Clubs. Yes, you bathed in a bath house, but, more often than not, you went there to conduct some type of business. And, they tended not to be terribly sexual at all.

Anyway, yes, the Romans and Ancient Greeks had at least three personifications for various forms of love (and I'm probably going to mix names here, as both groups stole and borrowed ideas from each other), from Aphrodite to Cupid to Psyche... and some of the other gods had aspects of romance and love as well, as the gods tended to blend together, "absorb" each other, or just given odd jobs sometimes. For example Janus and Dionisys both had aspects of time in their responsibilities. Anyway, I digress. Back on track, in the majority of Roman literature, love and sexuality was treated more as a prize for men. It's very misogynistic. It was considered acceptable for men to philander (look at Zeus and his various trysts), but it was still considered wicked and against Hera for women to be the same. In thought, the only tale I can think of where it discusses the idea of what a girl / woman thinks about love and sex is the quest of Psyche to save Cupid. In most of the rest of Ancient Grecco-Roman stories, legends, and literature, "love" ends up driving the woman insane to such an extent that the male character just leaves.

Now, back on the idea of Zeus and his cavalier ways, yes, you can say that Hera couldn't directly attack Zeus, as he's the King of the gods, and she still has to obey him... but the pantheon of Anceint Grecco-Roman gods did that to each other all the time. Just take a look at what started the Trojan war... the gods disagreeing with each other. Anyway, the Romans and Ancient Greeks were also notorious for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder... and it's reflected in the actions of their pantheon. (Though, you can also say that this sort of "drama" is very soap-opera like, and did help to sell the book too. No one wants dull history... but jazz it up with sex, betrayal, greed, murder, and the like, and BOOM instant scroll unrolling. Get it. Scroll unrolling? Both a double innuendo, and because the Romans tended to write scrolls, not books. Shoot, anyway, that's how Michael Bay makes his movies, and, while critics think they suck, they tend to draw hundreds of millions in profits.)

So... I'm not really sure if an Ancient Greeco-Roman setting would be optimal for a "Before Bon Bon" sort of thing. I... hrm... I would have to say ancient or Ptolemaic Egypt might actually be a better fit.

Anyway, just some thoughts. ))
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like such ideas. I think it's fun to speculate on what characters of the comic or Royal members would look like in different settings. Like the Star Wars version of the main characters, or something like that.

In an ancient Greek setting, I'd just imagine them all wearing togas and laurel wreaths Razz

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with Caroline on this. From what I could search for, prostitutes were trained to pleasure men whenever they wanted,concubines handled males daily bodily care,and wives were just baby factories. At least with Egypt, everything was traced down the female line and women inherited the property.

– Bruce Lee
ToddRogue69

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
I like such ideas. I think it's fun to speculate on what characters of the comic or Royal members would look like in different settings. Like the Star Wars version of the main characters, or something like that.

In an ancient Greek setting, I'd just imagine them all wearing togas and laurel wreaths Razz
I agree, it’s very fun to experiment with different characters and ideas. I also enjoy the concept of crossovers and how they work, it’s always fun to see characters from one franchise coming face to face and interacting with characters from another franchise.

I also enjoy the concept of “What If? Scenarios” that some people come up with like what if the roles of two characters were switched around? Or what would it be like if one or more characters genders were swapped? Just some of those little thoughts and ideas, I feel that they are great ways of truly understanding certain characters and franchises on a deeper level.

I personally think that these are the kinds of things that help build a truly enjoyable and creative fan base.
Very Happy

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/toddrogue69/

https://toddrogue69.sofurry.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1