FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Threads are pretty bare now
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly,I find myself more disconnected with this place than I care to admit.I can truly say this has been the only place that has caused me to repair some burned bridges.But I digress I'm only going to offer some insight and ideas.

"Earning money is like digging for gold with a needle.Spending money is like water going through sand."--Japanese proverb.

The meaning here is what has already been said.Everyone's socioeconomic situations are going to be different.Be it a loss/gain of a/or job(s),marriage,raising children etc.When the membership is gone,so is the ability to see comic pages,games/puzzles,pin-ups/avatars and in turn nobody can make a comment when they can't see what everyone else is discussing while on the flip side time and money has to be devoted the family.

"We walk in the foot steps of giants."--Indonesian proverb

The meaning here is that the competition has some of the biggest names in the furry art community doing various artworks for these sites and following them are a lot of their fans joining said sites.

" Look at it, dude. You're not offering any fabulous prizes. You have to offer fabulous prizes if you want people to show up"--Cartman to Stan

We need to offer people a "more bang for their buck" because status quo
isn't going to make it.

"The patience of a person can be vast but not always Buddha."--Chinese proverb

The one thing we had going for us over the competition was the avatar and chance to have a cameo.The rules dictated that a person had to be a paying member and active on the forums for 6 months to prove one's loyalty and a lot of people did what they had to do to gain a spot however the major drawbacks we had were the lists were longer than a guest list at hot nightclub in Las Vegas,only a few people got selected,and the wait times in between were worse than an emergency room on a bad flu outbreak. people get frustrated when they spend time and money into something and gain nothing for their efforts.

– Bruce Lee
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit one of the draws of the site was, in fact, the royal avatar of my own and selective cameos in ms. Vanessa's comic. That said, things have changed since I have started being here. For one, I don't have the same income that I did when I first started as a college student. Now that college is pretty much over (One class still needed, but have to take it later), I have now been actively seeking a job.

I will still continue to support the site whenever possible as I earn the money, and I admit that I have been on and off the subscription as of late. That said, I still want to remain faithful because I want to see where the story goes, because it is a very lovely tale that so few can express.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the avatar and cameo was a huge bonus since it's the only way to get art from Vanessa and with that gone it hurts the site, hopefully the MMO will also help to bring some life back when it is finally finished.

http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11520 - Alexander Vadania

http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11737 - Jessica Sinclaire

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/silverleaf455/
cheesecaked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverleaf wrote:
cheesecaked wrote:
were busy, or getting tired and bore of the place,
or just getting old, the place is nice still
it could be people share alot of things already or can't think up
something that they already said.

and people know I talk to much already, and sounds like a old man hating new games and remakes films... "back in my days Doom and Duke Nukem was the real deal, now you got Halo, and those greasy muddy lookin graphics trying to look "realistic" bears of wars and modern war unfair"

lol sadly that's the case even just 10 years time now instead of the 30-40 years that it used to be.

things keeps going and things changes
people like things the same or be different at the same time and that
kinda hard to pull off.

but like everything they get better... or worst...

My Fursona http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=100410#100410

How dare they use casment window designs,
it's so last century ಠ_ರೃ
◕ ◡ ◕
"I'm gonna miss all the things we'll never do.
I just can't believe you left me here alone,
How in this world can I make it on my own?"
Rikardo
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll still be here to read the comics and admire Vanessa's artwork. I will also go to the forum to hear news that I may have missed.

http://theelzeronchronicles.webcomic.ws/comics/1/
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt there will be people that will continue to support the site in some shape,form,or fashion.I simply thought about the lack of activity and what we need to think about if we want more members to show up.Using vanilla tactics is only going to get a small amount of people.Sites like SF and FAD have some of the big name furry artists doing illustrations,pin-ups,comics,and some sometimes will do commission works that appear on said sites.I'm not trying to disrespect Vanessa or her story.I'm sure she has a lot in store before the finale but people want to have something to show for the amount time and money they're shelling out.As for the loss of the avatar creation,I was angry considering the time,money,and energy I spent but life dictates everything and if that meant I lost my chance so be it.As for the MMO,lots of questions need to be asked and answered.With the time I have left,I may not see it in my lifetime but I hope it helps the site.

– Bruce Lee
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesertWolf wrote:
I don't doubt there will be people that will continue to support the site in some shape,form,or fashion.I simply thought about the lack of activity and what we need to think about if we want more members to show up.Using vanilla tactics is only going to get a small amount of people.Sites like SF and FAD have some of the big name furry artists doing illustrations,pin-ups,comics,and some sometimes will do commission works that appear on said sites.I'm not trying to disrespect Vanessa or her story.I'm sure she has a lot in store before the finale but people want to have something to show for the amount time and money they're shelling out.As for the loss of the avatar creation,I was angry considering the time,money,and energy I spent but life dictates everything and if that meant I lost my chance so be it.As for the MMO,lots of questions need to be asked and answered.With the time I have left,I may not see it in my lifetime but I hope it helps the site.

The thing with having big name artists doing art for the site is one must have money to pay them. I'm sure if Vanessa had the money to hire artists to do art for the site, it would have already been done. Or maybe she might have hired someone to do the custom avatars in her stead. But time and money are things not everyone has an abundance of, especially considering the low membership rate of this site. You can't hire artists on promises and IOUs.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Silv.But as I said before,those artists have a huge following on their websites and a percentage of those guys are willing to spend money on sites promoting the artists' work and if we want to get people we're going to need to think of something that will entice people.

– Bruce Lee
ReinaStorm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've loved to see this place when it was busy. Sad...

We need more people, that is certain. New conversations and whatnot. But like stated above, tis piracy and bots that are a problem.

Foxy no happy!
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, and this is instinct saying this on my part, I think we might have an upturning of new members in the near future. Don't ask me how, its just my gut saying it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right Rune. It would be nice to see some new members around here.

My Fursona
HTTP://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11745

My FA
HTTP://www.furaffinity.net/user/artyomderison/
Eechironin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silvador wrote:
so busy that they can't spare 10-30 to minutes to read a few posts and maybe even write their own.

I fit in that category.

Hello again, all! (waves)

"That which is denied becomes that which is most desired, and that which is hidden becomes that which is most interesting. Consequently, a great deal of time and energy is spent trying to get at what is being kept from you."-John Denver
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to put my own posts on, and hopefully get some other people's posts on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more peoples.. Sad
I hope your theory is write Rune.
BLADEDGE

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone get the feeling that the forum for Vixine may be dying?
Rikardo
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Threads are pretty bare now Reply with quote

Rune174 wrote:
Is it me or does it feel like the forum is starting to become a bit more difficult to post in since alot of members have been leaving lately? I mean, not leaving leaving, but leaving where they barely have time to actually start or comment on threads?

Rune? I know this is going off topic, but if you go onto this link, I have came up with a character that can help you in the post service, in the Special Delivery division.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/11416857/

http://theelzeronchronicles.webcomic.ws/comics/1/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2