FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Strange Antics (Open RP)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Strange Antics (Open RP) Reply with quote

The sun was setting over the town of Bon Bon as the people were preparing for their nightly routines. Streetlamps illuminated the cobblestone streets and windows glowed with the lit kerosene lamps. Within one building, however, a brown rabbit named Leaf was sitting behind the counter with his head lying upon its surface. His glasses were askew as light snores slipped passed his lips, unable to hear people coming in his shop...

For the past several weeks, the rabbit was acting stranger than normal. He was showing signs of sleep deprivation with drooping ears and lethargic movement. The rabbit was also more prone to making mistakes, such as almost spilling a bottle of ink on a skunk girl's dress. He also did not spend as much of his time out with his friends, making excuses for why he couldn't go to dinners or the Delight Palace.

Last edited by Leaf on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Space Cats

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette popped into the book store, looking around she noticed the rabbit appearing to be snoozing, she waved at him not expecting much of a reply in his state and proceeded into the store. She was looking for a book, something to read. It had been a while since she had read anything and starting somewhere would be difficult considering how narrow her experience with it was.
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaf continued to sleep, unaware of the new customer in his store. The chair he was on, however, teetered precariously on its left legs for a few moments before it slid out from under him. The rabbit fell to the floor with a loud thump before quickly hoping to his feet and straightened his glasses.

Leaf looked around in confusion until he spotted someone browsing his wares. He made his way to her and softly coughed. "Um... May I help you with something, miss?"
Space Cats

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette perked her ears and turned her head quickly in the direction of the rabbit as he fell off his chair, the suddenness of the event surprised her but she also giggled slightly. As he approached her she placed her hands behind her back and listened as he talked. "Well, how about some recommendations? I've been thinking about some light reading."
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rabbit furrowed his brow as he thought of several books that would fit for some light reading. "Well... What kind of books are you into? I'm sure that we'll find something for you."
Space Cats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well I'm not sure what kind of books I like, I haven't done any reading in a long, long time."
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I see... Let me see if I can find something."

Leaf excused himself and started looking for some light reading material. He climbed atop a rolling ladder and began searching though his shelves. His eyes spotted a few books that would be suitable for her and went to take them down.

Strangely, the books were jammed together and not budging. Leaf grunted as he pulled harder, unaware that the ladder was not on its rails. With a final tug, he wrenched the books apart with a triumphant cry.

However, his joy turned to shock as the rolling ladder leaned backwards from the force of the tug. He only had time to let out a yelp as he and the ladder fell to the floor, his books scattering everywhere.
Space Cats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette backed away in surprise as the rabbit came crashing down, taking the books with him in his plummet to the ground. She placed her hand over her eyes for a few seconds before recovering her sense and looking down at him. She then exasperated softly and placed her hands on her hips.

"If only I was looking for a concussion, it seems like a lot of people I know find it easy to get them."
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaf could have sworn he was seeing stars for a moment as he laid upon his back. The rabbit shoved the ladder off to his side and sat himself up, groaning and rubbing his back.

"S-Sorry. That's never happened before... I think the ladder got off its rails or something."

Leaf got to his feet and dusted himself off before he gathered up the scattered books in his arms. He made his way over to the customer and placed them in front of her at a nearby table.

"Um... I trust these will be OK?"
Space Cats

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette walked over with the rabbit to the table, she glided her hand over the tops of the books and read their names. "What sort of books are they?"
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rabbit glanced downwards at the books, opening them and reading their titles.

"Let's see... One of these is "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad. Another is a series of adult stories by someone whose name I cannot recall. And the last one..."

Leaf squinted at the cover, unable to read it. "This book looks a little musty. Hang on, let me fix that."

The rabbit reached inside his vest, digging in its pockets for his handkerchief. His face bore a puzzled look as he grasped it, the fabric feeling strange in his fingers. As he pulled it out of his pockets, he unfurled it between his paws and was startled to find out what he was holding.

Grasped in his fingers was a pair of black lace women's undergarments.

His face turned beet red as he hastily shoved the affronting garment inside his pants pocket, hoping the customer didn't see it. Nervously, he wiped the book with one of his sleeves. "Y-Yes, um... This one seems to be a book of poetry by Alfred Tennison. Do any of these seem to your liking?"
Space Cats

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette lazily let her fingers run over the hard covers of the books, stroking the spines and opening one to flick through the pages. She turned her head as the rabbit spoke, "Heart of..." as she repeated his words her gaze broke her trail of thought upon seeing what was in his hands. She wasn't offended by what she had seen, just a little surprised. Bewildered too, though perhaps she shouldn't have been in a town like Bon Bon.

"I'll save you the embarrassment of explaining that, shall I?" She chuckled a little and moved her hand over to the book he wiped, "Poetry would probably be best, it wouldn't be so dry I hope..." She glanced at his sleeve and noticed how dusty it now was. "Perhaps you should have wiped the book with the panties, your coat is in a less than perfect state." She smirked as she coyly brought up the embarrassing moment anyway.
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wh... What? No, that's not like that," Leaf stuttered. "I had no idea how those got there!"

He turned his back to the cat and hastily dusted off his sleeve, letting the dust float in the air. He sneezed from the dust and turned back to speak with the customer.

"S-So, uh... You said you'd like the poems book. Well, then... Let us get you rung up, shall we?"
Space Cats

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette chuckled some more and took the poetry book in one hand and opened it up, flicking through the pages and scouring over them with her finger. "In Memoriam... let's see here... 'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all. Sounds interesting... all right, this one will do."
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, good! Now let me see..."
Leaf thought quietly for a moment, thinking of what price to ask for.
"How about... 8 florins? If it's too much, I can offer a lower price for you."
Space Cats

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette tapped the book with her fingers as he thought, she smiled to him as she responded. "That seems fine, 8 Florins it is."
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaf smiled softly at the cat. "Perfect! If you'd like, I can help you find another book for you to read."

His voice suddenly changed as he said, "After all, a beautiful woman such as yourself must not be bored..."

The rabbit shook his head and coughed. "E-Er, I mean," he stuttered. "It's good to have another book with you in case you finish the first one quickly." Beads of sweat was starting to form on his brow, his eyes darting to and fro.
Space Cats

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"For a second there it almost sounded naughty in that instance," Félicette giggled and continued. "Whatever you recommend I'm sure will be worth spending my time on..."
Artyom Derison

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The various odd jobs that Artyom was involved in had come to sudden halt. With more free time on his hands he often faced periods of boredom. He had from other residents of a book store located in town dubbed"The Gilded Pen" which is owned by a rabbit named Leaf Thornton. He decided that he should visit the said store to see if he could find a few good books to occupy his time.

He arrives at his destination and enters the book store.

My Fursona
HTTP://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11745

My FA
HTTP://www.furaffinity.net/user/artyomderison/
Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Er, heh heh... Y-Yes, I am sure you won't be disappointed with that book," Leaf stuttered. "You can trade it in whenever you are done with it for another of equal value here!"

The rabbit then noticed another customer, a black panther, walk into his store. "I'll be there in a few moments, sir," Leaf called out to him.
Space Cats

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette looked over to see Artyom and she smiled, waving to him.
Artyom Derison

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nodded in response to the Rabbits statement and waited patiently for his assistance. He noticed a familiar face waving at him. He smiled and waved back at her.

My Fursona

My FA
Katmir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

= The Gilded Pen bookstore, Streetside =

The green renard was not too happy about his losses, but then again he was not without recourse, especially with the fantastic opportunities in Bon Bon. Someone had the nerve to steal a small chest from his flat. He breathed a laugh, wondering if the thief would be more frustrated than he when upon picking the lock there would be no gold or florins, but books. The fox tipped his white Stetson hat back a bit and checked his pocketwatch before stepping inside the store.

"Evenin', ya'll. Ahem... Good evening, lady... gentlemen." He had a difficulty with proper etiquette after an adventure, and so hoped for the best. The green fox wore a red banded collar shirt beneath a black ensemble of vest, coat and American boot cut pants. His white Stetson hat had a black band with a curious small silver plate that matched his large belt buckle. He removed his hat and bowed in greeting to the feline femme first. He smiled and slightly raised an eyebrow at the big panther. He so enjoyed the multinationality of Bon Bon.

"Pardon me, sir.", said the fox with some urgency. Then, he addressed the cottontail in the reading glasses with an open paw.

"Howdy you do this evening, sir? My name is Katmir Mahal, and I..." He unfolded a sheet of paper from his coat and handed it to the shop owner. "... I really need to replenish my collection with these particular books. I will purchase what you have immediately."

{= Book List: =

"Theory of Scientific Method" - W. Whewell
"Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" - J.G. Verne
"Sketch of the Analytical Engine" - c. Babbage, L.F. Menabrea, & Ada Lovelace
"The Modern Prometheus" - M. Shelley
"Poems & Ballads" - A.c. Swinburne
"Manual of the Steam Engine" - JMW. Rankine
"The Time Machine" - H.G. Wells

There was another book at the bottom of the list that was hastily scribbled out, "The Willows". No author was credited.

Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaf was about to finish up the woman's business when some strange looking gentleman walked inside his store. His green fur and attire was enough to raise eyebrows. His speech reminded him of some of the folks who visited from the western parts of the States.

As Leaf looked at the cowboy, a strange sense of déjŕ vu washed over the rabbit. He was certain he had never met the fox gentleman before, but he felt that for some reason he knew him from somewhere...

The cowboy, after introducing himself as Katmir, handed him a piece of paper with some writing on it. The rabbit took a quick glance at it, noting the number of books written down on the list.

"Oh! This is quite an extensive list," Leaf addressed Katmir. "I'll be sure to fetch these as soon as I can, Mr. Mahal."
Space Cats

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Félicette watched as the rabbit walked to the other costumer, she smiled to him when he said good evening and replied "yes, good evening." She flicked through the book before looking over to Artyom again and wondering what kind of books he had in mind.
Artyom Derison

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artyom observed the cowboy with an raised eyebrow as he'd only heard of such furs in the books on the so called "Manifest Destiny" occurring in the United States.

He quickly returned to his task at hand and continued browsing through book in the poetry section of the store.

My Fursona

My FA
Katmir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thank you, my good fur. I'll be right here.", replied the fox to the rabbit. He casually flung his stetson across the foyer,
and it hung perfectly on the coatrack by the entrance.

His ears twitched backwards for a moment, and he snapped his fingers. "Aw, biscuits 'n gravy... I almost forgot about Manny Swedenborg's Opera Philosophica et Mineralia. Nah, probably too much to ask this far into the country." he said, pronouncing the author's last name and book title correctly.

Katmir's tail flicked as he whitsled a wild tune, singing it's lyrics at the end. "... She'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes. Shiva H. Vishnu, is it happy hour yet?"

Leaf
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaf walked about the shelves, searching for the books on his list. When he was unable to find any of them on his shelves, he decided to look for them in the back room. He checked his boxes and small shelves, not having any luck with finding the books. The rabbit was about to give up when he noticed an odd sight.

A chest was hidden in a corner of the room with its lid propped open. The lock appeared to have been tampered with, as seen with the signs of filing and scratches in the metal.

Curious, Leaf peered inside the chest and spotted several books lying on the floor of the furniture piece. He checked the covers of each one and was shocked to see they were the exact same books Katmir was looking for. A piece of paper was left atop the books. Curious, the rabbit picked it up and began to read it.

"I figured these books will be of use to a boring prude such as you."

Signed,
Santiago"

The rabbit's face turned pink in anger as he gathered the books and carried them out with the note.

Last edited by Leaf on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Space Cats

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst Leaf attended to the rest Félicette disappeared into one of the sections of the shop, browsing the shelves for anything interesting.
Katmir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Role Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2