FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Quiotu Kang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiotu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Quiotu Kang Reply with quote

(Thought I'd give the forums a shot. Big fan of the comic, and figured I'd try making my default character something that works for this world. Let me know what you think, as I've no idea if someone's filled this niche or not.)

Name: Quiotu Kang

Species: Red Panda

Appearance:
Hair - Long white hair that he usually has in a ponytail
Eyes - Dark dark brown... almost black
Fur - Standard red panda markings
Body - Slender, tightly packed. He keeps very healthy and flexible due to his trade
Height - 5'5"
Accent - He's fluent in several languages, and will slip on the Chinese accent when catering to the clients. It disappears completely when he's talking business, though.
Attire - Quiotu will wear typical Chinese attire when he can, but he's not afraid to wear traditional European formal attire when the need arises. In fact he seems to enjoy the times he can dress up, but he always keeps one or two garments on him to clearly show his heritage.

Chinese attire would consist of robe and loose pants, with a typical upturned skullcap hat. His hat almost never changes, and he has the quirk of never wearing shoes... he brings slippers when needed. His clothes tend to be colored in reds and whites, to enhance his own fur.

Personality: Quiotu was just barely born in Europe, brought there by his parents as a personal favor of a businessman looking to take advantage of all the destruction after the Taiping Rebellion. Hiring his parents as translators, liaisons and sources of chinese knowledge, he grew up equally between Europe and China until tensions began to rise between them. He had a fascination with China's longstanding traditions in health and medicine, and found a niche he could potentially fill.

Using business practices he learned from his parents' employer, he began showing off parts of traditional chinese medicine to the upper class when he could. He learned to stick with herbal remedies, accupuncture, pressure point massage, yoga, tai chi, and the occasional cupping for a truly exotic experience. Promises of exotic remedies, extended lifespans, more energy and vigor in the bedroom quickly garnered him enough fame to start his own company.

He quickly worked to get a representative in each country, using his new connections and taking others fleeing China in to learn the arts and start new, better lives. It wasn't long before he was able to buy out the contract his parents were in, but he held no grudge to the businessman, and is still one of his longest regulars. He did after all teach Quiotu everything he knows about how to run his company.

Having grown from the son of a pair of indentured servants to the owner of a company providing an almost proprietary service, Quiotu is very proud and very protective of his success. As a businessman, he is shrewd; he works and plays hard, as someone his age would be expected to do. He still roams Italy and lets his parents handle the finances nowadays, enjoying the travel since he grew up on the road. He comes to Pleasure Bon Bon quite often due to the services offered, his own services being something that most of the clients and some of the workers might be interested in.

Sexuality: Straight. There's rumors that he's bi, but no proof has risen yet.
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Panda. Well dam! We have something totally different now. Welcome to BonBon.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot damn! Brand new species hits the market!

Welcome to the forums mate. Shall you be staying in Bon Bon for a while?
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wolfstride/ = My FA
Quiotu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Stride wrote:
Hot damn! Brand new species hits the market!

Welcome to the forums mate. Shall you be staying in Bon Bon for a while?

Swore I saw a fem Red Panda working at the BonBon in a previous comic. Working the streets, not actually in the building.

Regardless, thankyouverymuch. I plan to at least stay for the comic, and the character will stay so long as there's enough business to keep him occupied. Of course, he won't be all business... he'll have no issues enjoying himself. Only times he needs to return is to pick up more supplies. Him and his other practitioners tend to carry a medicine-cabinet-sized backpack with supplies that on average would last about a month.
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes the third medical practitioner in Bon Bon.

Dr. Fuchs, me and now you, mate.

.....good luck stealing my patients. Very Happy
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
Quiotu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Stride wrote:
That makes the third medical practitioner in Bon Bon.

Dr. Fuchs, me and now you, mate.

.....good luck stealing my patients. Very Happy

Not even my character would call himself a doctor. There isn't really a name for his field yet in 1895. If someone is honestly sick, he won't help them. He would call his practice Preventative Medicine. In modern times, you'd probably call him a nutritionist or a health care professional.

MAYBE you'd call his work an Apothecary, but he and his other professionals do way more than just dispense cures, medicinal tea and snake oil. Though that IS a big part of their job.
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah, now you're giving a healthy amount of details. So in laymans terms, he's a nutrionist.

.....you shall be a mighty fine addition to ze forums, mate.
Quiotu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Stride wrote:
Aaaah, now you're giving a healthy amount of details. So in laymans terms, he's a nutrionist.

Heh, sorry I thought his occupation being TCM made it rather obvious. TCM is more into removing toxins from the body, strengthening it, promoting balance, or enhancing ones 'chi'. He won't be diagnosing illnesses or setting broken bones anytime soon. Now he might... embellish what his services might do a little, but most of what he offers does offer some benefit, however tertiary it might sometimes be.
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry......some of us are smarter than others, whereas I'm the forum idiot.

No worries, mate.
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Bonbon. Cool a Red panda.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
SgtEagle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, I see that I am not the only new guy in town.
Katmir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, a Red Panda! With elohomic smartness! Very cool. Someone should draw this...

Welcome!
Quiotu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katmir wrote:
Yay, a Red Panda! With elohomic smartness! Very cool. Someone should draw this...

Welcome!

Heheh... well that'd be awesome, but I'm not asking for any favors. I've used this character idea in various places, a few forums and a few mucks, all slightly different than the other. This one obviously I changed to work with the setting and period.

Planning on starting an Open RP session here soon. Wish I could say I'll be around a lot, but I got too much on my plate. I'll be here as much as I can and will always check my own topics at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1