FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Good Day to you all
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketsudan
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sha`Kaar wrote:
Cool stuff aside,.. all you really need is a cool character gimmick and the game will always be fun.

So true. A friend and I, always make a habit of our characters not getting along. Always makes the game fun, but we also always get sessions goal accomplished.

Sha`Kaar wrote:
*Cringes at the thought of GIGA Damage*

Most of my characters are spell casters and one of them actually has a spell that deals Giga Damage. Though i've never used and may never use it, anyway.
Bestile1
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* you know at the beginning i understood this topic but now... all i got is that giga damage is bad
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you, Bestile. I can only assume that they are following international standards, meaning Gigadamage is a thousand times worse than Megadamage. It seems like poor old Kilodamage and Damage are too pitifully small units of measurement for the modern munchkin.

As for before, I kinda assumed your name was a compound name, Sha. I was thinking there was a furry have and a slave half.
Sha`Kaar
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Gigadamage is a Thousand HP worth of Damage, Mega is simply a hundred HP's

It is no worries Kommy, i can understand how the way i typed it could be confusing,... though, my name is usually shortened to "Kaar" IRL with my furry friends. Either works for me *Smiles*
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, mega/giga (and probably soon Tera)damage was one of the reasons why I dropped RIFTS like a hot potato... I mean, they have rules to Ultrakill something (face it, a MDC weapon shot at a normal critter means having no critter afterwards) but NO RULE AT ALL to knock out someone for a reasonable time safely without risking the death of the poor sucker? (that was also the reason why I dropped Palladium's Heroes Unlimited... I mean, it's a friggin' superhero game and they put in no "knocking out villains" rule. What am I supposed to do with a criminal, KILL HIM?)
The other reason was their "railroading the plot" continuously, removing zones, killing people, having others step up... Sure, as a GM I could have tried to fudge the danged thing, but they keep USING THE DANGED STORY as a reference for most classes and stuff! For example, what if I want to keep Iron Heart (an arms factory, for those who don't know) untouched, or I do NOT want NPCs to lead the victory against the Four Horsemen, or I don't want the freakin' Juicers (super-stoners, one and all) to do as much as a peep, much less a revolt? Oh well.
Sorry for the rant, people. Guess it has been welling up for a while. It's hard to like a game and see it thoroughly turned into a Munchkin's "kill-of-the-week" pen 'n paper shoot'em up, you know.

But then, I'm just a gamer Very Happy
Sha`Kaar
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A True game to be played doesn't follow any known events written in core books,.. it simply uses what is needed to tell a story, everything else in the "World" of the setting is ignored.

At least thats what i think a true game is like.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true RPGer you are Martin. I think I've had but two friends total who actually did more than just kill everything and save the princess.

Though, I'll admit, I've had my moments where I just want to "slay them all" because I'm in the middle of another quest that has caught my attention.
Ketsudan
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
Though, I'll admit, I've had my moments where I just want to "slay them all" because I'm in the middle of another quest that has caught my attention.

I think almost all gamers have had moments like that. I've just had GMs that make insanely long quests, parts of which get quite redundant. Afterwards, you can't help but want to blow through it all.
Sha`Kaar
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i have been pretty lucky of late,... all the games i have been in thankfully haven't got repetitive.

Though i have gamed with a group that every 3 or 4 sessions most the players would want to start a new game, in a different genre, or go back to one we started from 3 months before. Personally i think thats the worst type of group,... i can handle the narrow minded Kill, kill, kill, save, kill. But constant game swapping is so annoying. *sighs*
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my group, regardless of how well a story is going, or adventurous it may seem, everyone eventually boils back to what all consider our "greatest" episode, and that was the properly named "Evil Campaign."

All the characters started at a decent mid level, and had free range to choose what their villian would be. Amongst the many who have ventured the campaign, we had the Mindflayer (Illithid) Wizard, Were-Wolf bounty hunters, a 1/2 dragon ogre mage, and a rather interesting 1/2 golem lizardman who worshiped the various other party members as gods, and a gnome who actually convinced others he was a god.

What my campaign dealt with, is I created a large world, and the characters could free roam. It was perfect, for when they felt like questing, they would take it slow and try and find a quest to help the locals or find treasure, they could explore new lands, or go into a small town and deystroy the whole village. ^_^
Sha`Kaar
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i have played in a game very much similar. I actually have a Raksasha (Tiger demon) Sorcerer. He was quite Evil, and hungry for power and wealth. He lived in an Evil city, and climbed up the social ladders to gain power and prestige, contacts, and followers.

If no one has guessed it,... i tend to be more Evil in general. *toothy grin*

Oddly enough,.. that character was the one named Sha'Kaar, from which my furry name came from *smiles*

I have always found evil games more fun, as they have fewer limits.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sha`Kaar wrote:
Wow i have played in a game very much similar. I actually have a Raksasha (Tiger demon) Sorcerer. He was quite Evil, and hungry for power and wealth. He lived in an Evil city, and climbed up the social ladders to gain power and prestige, contacts, and followers.

If no one has guessed it,... i tend to be more Evil in general. *toothy grin*

Oddly enough,.. that character was the one named Sha'Kaar, from which my furry name came from *smiles*

I have always found evil games more fun, as they have fewer limits.

I have not, usually... Aside from the fact that the City Guard and Good Adventurers are usually as deadly as the dungeon monsters, if not deadlier, the infight is a common fact.

Although much, MUCH worse is a party with some "neutral" characters that usually act Evil. Like, say, in a japanese campaign, the Drunken Master girl that stole the new Empress's crown and tried to beat up all the sailors on our ship... and when my ninja hengeyokai tried to stop the fight with trickery (a bird shapeshifter in magical mist looks remarkably like a Tengu, you know Very Happy )she basically bashed me senseless... not to mention the "bard"... who, since western bards weren't common in the east, did basically nothing but throw spells. At the wrong person, at the worst moment. Like, say, at the imperial envoy ("hold person") to strip him naked and dump his daisho overboard, because he dared react to the attacks of her sister (the above mentioned Drunken Master)...
Bah.

Honestly, though, I've found a happy medium by creating a campaign world where evil beings can have a good alignment and vice versa. Nothing like playing a cute little Neutral Good imp fighting an evil dwarf (not Duergar, dwarf!) outpost to make the players have fun. Particularly if said Imp looks like a foot tall, naked girl who casually happens to have red skin, horns, tail and cloven hooves... Not to mention her Shadow buddy as a party thief (only problem with that is, he can FIND traps, but he can't REMOVE them, being immaterial and all... Very Happy )
Sha`Kaar
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes, being immaterial is fun,.. but it does have its drawbacks.

Well you sound like you have had some fun times.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For instance, if you happen to be a ghost and manifest only to freak out the other members in your party. We had a group like that. The first time he appeared, it actually effected one of the party members and harmed his stats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2