FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
RE: PBB chatroom

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gantros
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: RE: PBB chatroom Reply with quote

Just an FYI, I have changed the password on the chatroom so that no one can access it. Eventually it will be deleted. While I think that shutting it down is unnecessary and I myself need not be the moderator, I am complying with Ronalds wishes. To everyone I had discussions with, thank you, I enjoyed your company.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not shutting it down, I'm just not making it an official chatroom that we support.

One of the things about Membership Websites is not having "live chatrooms" that is unmoderated by the site owners (Vanessa and myself).

I have chatroom software that I have written myself many years ago for my personal homepage before. Over 10 years ago. I've been in the gaming business and have worked on "Instant Messager systems". I understand "community" more then anybody as far as games community go. But "membership" websites are a different beasts.... Very different beast. (Even models who have live chat shows, they disable the chatroom when they're not around, so members can't slander or bitch about how the site sucks or lack of content, or trade content from Loyal Members area.)

We've had members/surfers in the past (which you guys don't notice because we've cleaned up the forum and moderated them and deleted them,etc.) that have 'begged for passwords, or content, or emails posting saying plz get me this and that....

If you think that is a bit much, on a 'forum' - imagine that in a chat room. Which I am sure you have recently experienced. That is very typical.

Someday, we will have an official chatroom that will be in an MMO RPG - virtual world system... I envision someday, a BonBon Town online, people creating their own fursona and walking in this world and chatting with each other. At that point in time, we will making tons of money just for the Virtual World membership where people must have their own accounts to enjoy the gaming experience, the content sharing at that point is just soo moot, insignificant, that we won't care.

But at this point in time, we do not want chat discussions, that we can't moderate.

I appreciate Gantros efforts (don't get me wrong), in trying to bring the community closer... Thanks Gantros.

Unfortunately, I can't support that right now.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1