FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
The Story/History of Ashton Gray
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I used to DJ at a local nightclub for a short time... I never really got a hang of "scratching", but I was pretty good at matching beats and getting songs to blend seemlessly into eachother... I suppose you can kind of call that "musical experience" as well. Laughing

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure!As long as you get the job done!Belive me your goal is to catch the crowd,you let the music slip and you end up in Brick City!
Laughing But i remember one time i was 14-15 years old,on my parent anniversary and there was a DJ who mixed all sorts of tracks.At some point everyone was dancing and they were,so to say,mature people who prefered 60-70's style!The DJ said to me"Im going to the bathroom,you'll have to handel the music,just have fun with it"Oh i had fun with it,try Redman-Smash Sumthin' on a old people's party,with all kinds of scratch and sound effects.I remember their faces when they stoped dancing and everyone looked at me.But that didn't stop me,no!I turned up the volume then.Luckaly my father saved his own party,he jumped on the middel of the dance floor and said"Cmon everyone!Lets boogie!"But they didnt now how to dance to the beat,so everyone ended up dancing the rain dance or the "cha-cha"! Laughing My father looked more like a WWI german bi-plane! Very Happy
But those were the good times! Curious
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly does provoke an...."intresting" image, Cesar, but as long as you had fun, that's what's important.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i had fun.But that doesnt mean that i wont have no more fun!There will be another anniversary soon. Razz
MUAHAHHAHAH!Trembel mortals and despair!Doom has come to this world!(too much coffe?yep!) Twisted Evil
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungCesar wrote:
Yeah i had fun.But that doesnt mean that i wont have no more fun!There will be another anniversary soon. Razz
MUAHAHHAHAH!Trembel mortals and despair!Doom has come to this world!(too much coffe?yep!) Twisted Evil

Tell me something I don't know.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slight addendum to my previous post I made about which instruments I've learned to play, I forgot to inculde my voice. I've been told by several I have a beautiful singing voice but for some reason that always embarrassed at first, not so much now though, thankfully.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your range like? Personally, when I sing, it had to be really high or really low. My throat would dry out when I try to transition. Theres just something about the workings of music that get me to not go high to low and visa versa. (IE: I can sing A, B, C, or E, F, G, but when I hit a D note, my voice will strain and go silent) *shrugs*

Anytips Commadant?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a very high voiced when I was younger, on the telephone people would mistake me for a girl when I answered, Laughing, it bothered me at first but then I just thought it was funny. Then, in my late teens, my voice very suddenly changed to a much lower pitch, before that I could'nt hit low notes very easily, now I can't hit high notes very easily. As for the notes I can or can't sing, it's been so long since I've sung something I've never heard before from a sheet of music I honestly could'nt say. And as for any tips I can give you in singing, I only follow one rule or tip when singing: Sing what you want, when you want and how you want unless compelled to do otherwise. I've been told that is, how was it phrased, "upside-down and inside-out" before but this is what I go by. The same is true for most other things is my life, reading, playing, music and so on.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in choir in grade school and junior high, though I didn't join the highschool choir because I was already too busy with band and other things. Funny story is that one year our school was putting on a production of the Wizard of Oz, and when I was asked to sing one of the songs for the audition, the school's choir director was there. Apparently, she was impressed enough to ask me why I didn't join the choir, and apparently also made similar comments to my younger sister (who was in the choir at the time).

I suppose I was never really too sure of my vocal talents because, like Ashton, my voice went through a lot of changes in junior high and high school, and I could never really figure out what my range was. I still don't quite know, and sometimes find myself straining to hit high notes when I sing along with some songs, so I often have to drop an octave to sing along with most popular songs.

About the only singers I don't have trouble singing with are Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Pete Yorn, and the guy from the Crash Test Dummies. Personally, I try to immitate the singing style of Scott Wyland from the Stone Temple Pilots, but even he hits some high notes that I really have to strain to hit. I find it gets easier to hit those notes when I really, really sing loud... though I'm sure it must sound horrible to anyone unlucky enough to hear it.

Beyond that, I've used my voice in other constructive ways, such as when I was a nightclub DJ. A couple of other DJs commented that I had a good voice for making announcements, so maybe I should look into doing voice work or radio. Of course, that may be wishful thinking on my part...

Johnny's backstory
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you were in the choir in grade school too, Johnny? So was I though it was called chorus in my school. Oddly enough, my chorus instructor was also my piano teacher. She told me once, and it overjoyed me to no end when she said it, that I was one of the most gifted and most talented students she had ever taught, both in singing and piano, and considering it came not only from one of the most respected and well known muscician artists in the world but a friend, savior and someone who had devoted her life to her art as well, it was one of the greatest things anyone has ever said to me. I still find myself a little choked up when I think about it. *clears throat* Were you ever asked to be one of the foreward singers in the choir, Johnny, one of the ones who stood outside of the group and sang at a michrophone? I was, though when the time came, I was so nervous that I did'nt get close enough to the michrophone to be heard very well Embarassed .
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone took chorus in my grade school. Something like 3-5th grade, unless you switched over to band, which I did. Though, my singing career (if you call it that) continued on with my church. I took a lead roll once in one of our chirstmas musicals, otherwise I mostly stayed with smaller parts. I mostly concentrated on band playing 5th to 12th grade percussion.

As for what I sound like, the closest thing to get to my normal pitched voice would be Dave Mathews. I can sing "Drive in Drive Out" exactly like him. Otherwise, I prefer higher pitched and stressed singing, such as Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, ACDC. I've been singing in the shower since I began listening to music, because my father was the lead singer for praise and worship at my church.

And can I say, just how odd it feels to keep mentioning my church or anything religous related while at such a site. Razz
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Oh, you were in the choir in grade school too, Johnny? So was I though it was called chorus in my school.

"Chorus", "choir", it was all really the same thing, singing in a group...
Ashton Gray wrote:
Were you ever asked to be one of the foreward singers in the choir, Johnny, one of the ones who stood outside of the group and sang at a michrophone?

Not really... we didn't have many vocal solos in our grade school performances or our junior high chorus performances. The only time I had a vocal "solo" was in the highschool production of Wizard of Oz that I meantioned earlier. I was the guard at the Emerald City gate, you know, the one with the line: "Well, that's a horse of a different color!"

Aaaanyway, I had to start off the song "In the Merry Old Land of Oz", so I basically had to sing the first verse by myself before the rest of "Emerald City" joined in. My dad was sitting in the back row, and he said he could hear me pretty well, so I guess I knew how to project my voice back then...
LabrnMystic wrote:
And can I say, just how odd it feels to keep mentioning my church or anything religous related while at such a site. Razz

I think there was already a thread about religion's theoretical place in BonBon (as in "Are there churches in BonBon?" or "Would a church even want to be in BonBon"...). Actually, it wasn't a half bad discussion, considering the awkward juxtaposition of theology and hedonism...

Johnny's backstory
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
I think there was already a thread about religion's theoretical place in BonBon (as in "Are there churches in BonBon?" or "Would a church even want to be in BonBon"...). Actually, it wasn't a half bad discussion, considering the awkward juxtaposition of theology and hedonism...

There was, Johnny, and I should know seeing as I'm the one who started it. It was fun while it lasted but it did'nt last as long as I thought it would.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of the thread, and I've even participated in it gentleman. I was just saying it feels odd to be so involved with an adult site, and yet over here on our deployment, I go and pray for our vehicles before a mission.

Its feels odd, that how can I do both, but *shrugs* it doesn't really feel weird at times once I get going. I'm just a walking contradiction I guess. Razz
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabrnMystic wrote:
I'm just a walking contradiction I guess. Razz

I certainly makes life much more of a mind trip, does'nt it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2