FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Histories
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Histories Reply with quote

The "History of Drake Skyflyer" topic got me thinking, it could become a very intresting little read through if people start writing histories for all their fursonae and it may help Vanessa place her fans in more appropriate roles and/or situations in the future, if she feels so inclined and so chooses, that is. On a side note, Martin, this is for you, you shared the history of Sakura Harukaze with us (see Betty's Bodyguard, Sakura Harukaze) and it made me think, what other Bon Bon histories might you and your cohorts have in your books? I, if not we, would love to read them if you'd care to post them.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: The Tale of Johnny Six-Killer Reply with quote

Johnny Six-Killer is the stage-name of a Native American Coyote showman and gunslinger, who drew fame and notoriety during his travels across the world, often performing as an attraction within several wild west and circus shows. Throughout his career, he has worked with the likes of P.T. Barnum, James Bailey, Frank Hopkins, Annie Oakley, and "Buffalo Bill" Cody, but he became truly famous while working with the oft forgotten William "Jackalope" Bircham's Wild West show.

Born to a Cherokee father and a Potawatomi mother in his family's home in the Indian Territories (modern day Oklahoma), historical records of his birthdate have always been largely non-existant or purely the work of estimation. Johnny himself can admit that, when asked about his birth date, his parents merely responded that it was "sometime in the spring". During the events that transpired in the story named Pleasure Bon Bon, in which he is noted to have had a small cameo appearance, he claims to have been about 27 years old. This would place the year of his birth sometime in 1868 or 1869, although some historians claim that even Johnny was never fully sure of his true age and may have simply been guessing whenever he was asked.

He lived with his parents at their small Oklahoma farm just outside of Cherokee reservation land until they moved to Kansas in 1872, when his father, who had actually fought in the American Civil War, used some of his pay for service in the war to buy a homestead. He soon started a buisiness raising horses with an "old war buddy", the famous army scout (and, ironically enough from many of his stories, "Indian Fighter") William Bircham, with whom he had fought beside during the Civil War. Many of Johnny's earliest memories were of playing on his father's horse ranch and many visits from his "Uncle Rabbit". This happiness, unfortunately, would not last.

In 1876, Custer and his army were killed in the Battle at Little Big Horn, and sentiment toward Indians had soured noticably. Several local land-owners and townsfolk, jealous of the Sixkiller Ranch's prosperity, conspired with Indian Affairs officials, and in 1880, when Johnny was roughly 12 years old, he and his three younger siblings were taken away to become students of the Carlisle Indian School. It is said that the grief of having their children taken away nearly destroyed Johnny's parents, and that not even the urgings of their good friend Bircham could keep the Indian Affairs officers from taking the children away to Pennsylvania.

Johnny has been stated as having "no interest" in relating his time in Carlisle, although it is well known that the program was brutal in its attempt to "assimilate" Native children into American society, and that hundreds of Indian children died at Carlisle, either from the poor conditions of the boarding houses, from abuse and neglect, or from attempts at escape. Johnny's own words of his experiences at Carlisle were: "They took away our language, and they took away our histories. When we came back to our parents, we could not be recognized as their own children." It is at Carlisle that Johnny was actually named "John", his birthname (which he rarely discusses with anybody outside of his family or closest friends) being taken away and replaced by a more "acceptable" one upon his entrance to Carlisle.

In 1885, at the age of 17, Johnny escaped with his younger siblings and made the arduous trek back to Kansas. He did not stay long, leaving his siblings with his parents and running deep into Indian Territory to escape police and Indian Affairs agents. He wandered through much of the American West for five years, running afoul of many local law enforcement from towns ranging from San Fransico all the way to New Orleans, gaining a reputation as a spectacular gunfighter and earning a small bounty on his head. In 1890, he wandered north to the Dakota territories when he came upon a band of Lakota Indians, whom he befriended and with whom he would spend a couple months. He would be shocked to learn not two months after he left that many of these same Lakota that he had met up with were killed in the Wounded Knee Massacre.

Devestated by the state of Indian affairs in America, he sought help and guidance from an unnamed Indian shaman and prophet (many later historians would claim that this shaman was none other than the famous Paiute prophet Wokova, creator of the Ghost Dance; ironically, this same Ghost Dance was said to have created the events leading up to the Wounded Knee Massacre). It was from this shaman that Johnny was told that his destiny would lead him to worlds well outside of his ancestral home. It was not long after this that Johnny decided to track down his "Uncle", Bill Bircham, and joined "Jackalope Bircham's Wild West" show.

It was not soon after joining with "Jackalope" that his fame began to rise to legendary proportions. Billed at first as a "real live Indian Outlaw," he would soon become more notable for his skills with both pistols and rifles, becoming one of the "deadliest shots alive" and performing spectacular feats of marksmanship before sold-out crowds. It is widely known that the inclusion of "Wild Johnny Six-Killer" helped boost ticket sales for the ailing Wild West attraction, who had stiff competition with the much more famous "Buffalo Bill's Wild West". Of course, "Wild Johnny" was not the only attraction, for soon the lovely coyote girl Daisy Nugget, a performer known for her more "titilating" performances, would join the cast of performers, many of whom included rodeo riders and figures of disputable fame. "Jackalope" Bircham himself was known to perform quite a few feats with his bull-whip, one of his tricks being to carefully strip Daisy with strategic cracks of the whip. Many people dispute whether Bircham, a natural showman and noted braggart, was really a Jackalope, as many have claimed that he wore false antlers attached to his head by some sort of wires or glue, and was really a normal jackrabbit. Johnny himself would only reply to questions of his uncle's mysterious heritage with his trademark sly grin.

In 1892, amid spectacular reviews and a growing fanbase, "Jackalope Bircham's Wild West" began its first ever world tour, traveling to several cities in Europe and South America, and even making historic limited engagements in Japan and Hong Kong. It was during these trips that Johnny and his performing troupe would come across quite a few characters who would later be found in the book Pleasure Bon Bon, years before meeting once again during the events of the same book. One notable example is Johnny's brief run-in with a small clan of shinobi while performing in Japan. He would later meet one of their female ninjas, Sakura Harukaze, on his second tour of Europe when traveling through the town of Bon Bon.

In his later years, Johnny would write his memoirs of adventures in both the West and abroad, and his stories became quite successful. He became good friends of noted Native American figure Geronimo during the Apache leader's twilight years, and continued to be on friendly terms with "Jackalope" Bircham even after he left Bircham's company to work with "Buffalo Bill" and others. In the 1920's, well in his late fifties, he would become the sheriff of a small town in Oklahoma, before finally retiring and living out the rest of his years raising horses on his late father's old ranch in Kansas.

...hope you all liked it, I had fun writing it... I tried to incorporate some Bon Bon characters as well as keep things open for a possible fanfiction I'm planning on writing later. It should be noted that "Jackalope" Bircham is a character that I've created, based (obviously) on the famous showman "Buffalo Bill" Cody.

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)

Last edited by JohnnyPsycho on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This got me thinking of writeing mine much longer, fitting in some blanks I left out. But I never knew I'd end up cause this Laughing But Like your story Jonny.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done, Johnny, bravo. Who will be next, I wonder? Come now, everyone, don't be shy Smile
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Johnny and Drake!
Johnny, you've been very precise in the historical description of the events, both in the dates and in the quotations, like the one about Buffalo Bill! It's interesting how you told your meeting with Sakura, although I did imagine that you'd also meet Daisy since she too is a coyote that came to Bon Bon from America! If you're interested I'll write something about her past!

http://www.pleasurebonbon.com
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did write Daisy into Johnny's past as well, in like the third to last paragraph.
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
"Wild Johnny" was not the only attraction, for soon the lovely coyote girl Daisy Nugget, a performer known for her more "titilating" performances, would join the cast of performers, many of whom included rodeo riders and figures of disputable fame. "Jackalope" Bircham himself was known to perform quite a few feats with his bull-whip, one of his tricks being to carefully strip Daisy with strategic cracks of the whip.

I figured since they were both "Wild West" style performers, this was the most likely place for them to have crossed paths, though I'm sure they may have even met somewhere outside of the traveling troupe of performers (perhaps even during Johnny's "outlaw period"). Of course, in the end, as you are the actual creator of Daisy Nugget, I've already assumed you'd have the last say as to her backstory. (Truthfully, I was secretly hoping this would "spur" you into revealing a bit more about her charcter, if only so a certain coyote boy could get to know her better).

As for adding Sakura into Johnny's past acquaintances, it was merely because I'm a fan of Japanese films and anime with a historical setting (my current favorite anime series is Rurouni Kenshin, a samurai show set in the early Meiji Era [coinciding with the Victorian period elsewhere in the world]). I figured it would be fun to write a story of a Wild West gunslinger getting lost in Japan and coming across various period Japanese characters... like ninjas!

Besides, there has only been a few "supporting cast" members shown so far, and Johnny has traveled around the world a couple times, so it is just possible that a few more charcters may have had run-ins with the coyote gunslinger, perhaps even without realizing he's the same guy (he hasn't always dressed so well, especially not while he was an outlaw).

Johnny's backstory
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Very well done, Johnny, bravo. Who will be next, I wonder? Come now, everyone, don't be shy Smile

I'm working on it. Right now, I've mostly been concentrating on a side story I'm doing for Vanessa, (Well, that and staying safe overseas) involving my characters' visit to Bon Bon.

Though, I'll let out a bit of history on them soon enough. Razz
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:

LoL, I just realized... did you just call me "Johnny Bravo"?

I can understand the confusion. We're both two fine specimens of All-American Male. *flexing muscles*

Laughing I'm sure it's just coincidence, but I couldn't help but say something...

Johnny's backstory
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Johnny, I did'nt call you Johnny Bravo, just a simple mix of words. As for you, Labrn, I look foreward to reading it. Now, who else is there to read, I believe there is still Ksathra Blackfox, Avery Caldwell (rank unkown), Dr. Cammy "Kommy" Fuchs, Jonathan Wolfwood (resident vampirish fursona), James West, Dante De'Nulliv, and last, but not least, our resident "little nutcase", as it was phrased, Jillian "Jinx" Sullivan. Please bear in mind these names are only those I have seen in comic issues and the pinups gallery though this topic of character histories is not exclusive to those who have been drawn yet, if you've a character description floating around in the Meassage Board, post a history as well. By the way, Dr. Fuchs, I just noticed your alias, Kommy, could easily be misconstrued as communist, no offense to any who might take offense. Be careful, Doctor.
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that's exactly where it came from, Ashton. Red is my favorite color and my bright red jacket inspired an ancient teacher with a peculiar sense of humor at my old high school (a WWII veteran) to call me a commie pinko. I learned Russian just to amuse him further. Laughing

So I go by Kommy. Ironically, I'm actually a Republican here in the US, but that's neither here nor there.

So that's kinda my online origin. The story of the good doctor requires more work, alas. I have a number of pressing papers to write this week.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The irony of your nickname's history is palpable. Laughing
Ichi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must start off by saying that I enjoyed reading the histories of Johnny Six-Killer and Drake Skyflyer. I am very glad you two decided to share them with us. Very Happy

Also hello everyone I have been reading PBB since it was on Vixine web site and I finally decided to drop a line and quit just being a lurker.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichi wrote:
I must start off by saying that I enjoyed reading the histories of Johnny Six-Killer and Drake Skyflyer. I am very glad you two decided to share them with us. Very Happy

Also hello everyone I have been reading PBB since it was on Vixine web site and I finally decided to drop a line and quit just being a lurker.

Its the first step to many perhaps? I used to be the same way. Just lurking about back on Vixine. I must say I prefer the warmth of the sun now, compared to the shadows.

Gotta type it up and post it folks, sorry to keep you waiting, but I got a mission, so my story will be postponed for awhile. Sad
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labrn, you may have just opened the door to a good number of darkness and light comments with your "I must say I prefer the warmth of the sun now, compared to the shadows." comment. Personally, I believe they both have their virtues as well as their drawbacks. See, there's one now.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, aren't there any more folks out there that want to throw in their character histories? It's fun, and I promise you don't have to write a whole page worth of information like myself or Drake... I just happen to be overly enthusiastic about writing character histories (something the game masters from numerous role-playing campaigns I've been in have known for years).

Personally, I'd like to see the histories of Dante De Nulliv and Dr. Cammy Fuchs, whenever they get a chance to write something...

Also, welcome to the message board, Ichi...

Johnny's backstory
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hopeing to see all sorts of histories, large or small Very Happy
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake_Skyflyer wrote:
I'm hopeing to see all sorts of histories, large or small Very Happy

me too ^_^ !

Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and vanessa, I'll send you my Erotic story *with our handsome Drake appearing* But it's not about him. It's about a shy wolfess named Crystal whos father passed away and her mother always keeps her locked in the house and fores her to cook and clean. Taunting her by inviteing handsome men over but only for her to have fun while Crystal watches. It won't be sad, since we have the always dashing hero who comes and sweeps her off her feet.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, how very Cinderella-esque, Drake, I hope you won't exclude the rest of us from reading your story.
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, you will all see it. but Vanessa, martin, and ronald all get a sneek peak Wink
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems resonable, a constructive opinion from those who have already created an outstanding work of furry erotica.
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lets see... How to do this..?

Dr. Camarilla Fuchs, formerly von Fuchs, was born to a family of minor nobility in Bavaria, just north of the alps. Her loving parents raised her as a future noblewomen, though tacitly encouraged her rapacious reading habit, thinking it far preferable horse riding and boys. This they were sure was far better than her younger sister's wild habits. Young Cammy happily cut her teeth on every book in her family's extensive library. Unfortunately, this came to an end in 1870. Cammy's father vociferously resisted the loss of his local power in the unification of Germany and the authority of the Kaiser. Her family was stripped of it's title and disgraced. She remained sheltered, though, eventually managing to beg her family to let her attend university. After much persistance, she was accepted to a Vienna university.

She tore through her studies with happy abandon, unwittingly charming her professors with her enthusiasm and appearance. Greatly influenced by poring over the works of Pastuer and Darwin, she quickly decided that the study of life would be her calling. Quickly scampering up the academic ranks, she obtained her medical degree in 1886.

Eager to get to work, most of the next years would be spent finding places where her gender wasn't an obstacle to being taken seriously. Cammy ventured to Transylvania in 1887 ("It'th a pity the villagers are tho upset over thumthing as petty as grave robbing, mithtreth." "Indeed. Now do be quiet and keep running, Igor."), London in 1888 ("We're looking for recent foreign immigrants to the Whitechapel area in relation to these 'Jack the Ripper' killings. You are a doctor, too, aren't you?" "I don't like the direction this conversation is going, Herr Inspector..."), and the wild and fledgeling United States ("For the last time, Fuchs is just my name and not what I do all the time! Gah, crazy Indians with their need for descriptive names..."), before settling down in the open and accepting town of Bon Bon. Thrilled to find a place where she could work, she eagerly began honing her craft to take advantage of Bon Bon's... uniqueness.

Dr. Fuchs' skills as a physician earn her a healthy living, but her fame and popularity stem from the skills only a doctor in Bon Bon would try to perfect. Potent aphrodisiacs and male enhancement drugs are best sellers and occaisonally a man will walk into her office, wanting to leave a woman. When she can, she continues dabbling in her scientific studies or relaxes in the Delight Castle to have a quiet chat, particularly with other travelers and expatriots like herself. Occaisionally, she'll gamble and immediately regret it ("Ha! If you can beat this hand, I swear I will go up on that stage and perform the best strip show you've ever seen!" "I got a full house. What do you got, sweetheart?" "...A show to perform.").

Cammy has grown into an enormously proud vixen, but plagued by the mental need to keep proving herself. While advertisements show her enjoying men using her products, she's privately far more discrete, save for her occaisional "experiments" to test her latest creations. Her... peculiar sense of humor keeps most tongues from wagging, however. ("I am not cold or prudish. In fact, I have the heart of a child. I keep it with me in a jar.")

...That's about it. Didn't want to write anything that occurs after the year in the comic. And I hope the quotes don't break it up. I just wanted to lighten things up and reveal a bit about how I think. Razz
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm entranced, magnificent history, Dr. Fuchs! Your fursona biography is lengthy enough to make an involving and intresting read without it being long enough to have us lose intrest. I both bow and applaud your hand at writing, it seems you'll have an alternative career to follow should your medical practices fail. Brava, Dr. Camarilla von Fuchs, brava.
Vanessa
Official Artist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say, with every passing day I see that this message board is
heavily frequented, and mostly by cultured, polite, nice and interesting
people! It wouldn't have been easy to think that this kind of MB (about a
porn comic) would turn into a sort of Reform Club!
I'm very proud of reading your messages, always witty and interesting!

But let's move on to dr. Fuchs:
Not just "brava", but "bravissima"! You wrote an excellent story, the austrian origins made of you the one closest (in terms of environment and culture) to the town of Bon Bon (that, as previously said, is close to Innsbruck).
The quotes from Dracula and Jack the Ripper brought to my mind many parodies about those characters, or that I could do with your appearances in action! Yes, this topic is for me source of great inspiration!
I wanted to ask you if you'd like a permanent residence in Bon Bon to become the official town doctor, an austrian doctor of such professionality woule be welcome even in Mary's home, Simon could trust you and call you over for any needs, what do you think of it?
Moreover, I and the girls just love the famous Sachertorte
http://www.tiscover.at/at/images/RGN/366/RGN108866at/Sachertorte200x175.jpg
I bet that we could have a snack together at the Delight Castle sometimes, would you like it?

JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great backstory, Kommy! I liked the little quotations, they certainly added that element of humor you were looking for. On a side note, were you referencing any "crazy Indian" in particular in your short blurb about visiting the United States? Wink I'm sure Johnny Six-Killer would have probably made a joke about Cammy's last name, if only as a weak attempt at hitting on the female doc (myself, I would have made a "Dr. Fuchs, Medicine Woman" reference, though of course no one would have gotten that joke in the Victorian Era, what with their lack of television and all... lol).

I also like how you placed your character in historical situations (the "Jack the Ripper" part in particular was a nice touch), something that I tried to do with my own character.

Alright folks, you've seen how it's done! Keep it coming, let's see more stories!

Johnny's backstory
kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... Thank you for your praise from all of you. I didn't expect it to be so effusive.

I actually thought mine was less informative and detailed than yours, Johnny. And mostly, that quote was mostly due to the multi-lingual pun of the name. If my German serves me right, Fuchs means Fox. Combined with what it sounds like to an American's ears, I couldn't resist the wordplay. That kind of suggestive name fits right into an erotic story, too. But it does work well as a response to that kind of pick up line, so now it's that. Wink

Vanessa, that does sound like a lovely idea. Bon Bon is certainly a nice place to live and she'd discrete enough that Simon would have few misgivings with dealing with her. Though to be technical, she's German with an Austrian education. She's not from Austria-Hungary herself. But it's hardly important and not something anyone could easily discern due to the huge similarities.

I'd happily take you up on the invitation to a snack, too. Hope that confection isn't too rich. Very Happy

And now I will have to wait to see what else appears here. Hope the wait isn't a very long one. Smile
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the permanent medical residence offer, Dr.Fuchs, I must admit to being a little jealous of the offer but not nearly so much as to spoil the moment. You are also quite correct in that fuchs does translate from German as fox to the English language. And Vanessa, your surprise to the way this Message Board has turned out does not come as a great surprise, at least not to me, but when I look at the manners displayed here, the saying "Never judge a book by it's cover" leaps to mind and as a writer, I'm sure you are aware of this saying as well and of what it means.
Drake_Skyflyer
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... what chaos have I brought to the message board by putting Drakes history up? Well everyone just need to say, a few more weeks before the erotic story can be thrown here Wink
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos, Drake, do you really think so? Chaos is not the first thing that leaps to mind when I peruse through this topic nor is it the last. Without chaos, harmony would neither exist nor would we know what it is. If this topic is what you consider chaotic, I shudder to think what dull state you would consider harmonic to be. (No offense)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5