FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
World Cup - Germany 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: World Cup - Germany 2006 Reply with quote

Well Jana...congrats on both the Czech Rep and Slovakia making it to the playoffs for Germany next summer...not that you actually had anything to do with it...but you know what I mean. Smile I know you're not a big futball fan...but that's gotta be a source of great pride for both countries...especially Slovakia...they've never been this far since Czechoslovakia spilt. The problem is...chances are that the Czechs and Slovaks might be drawn together in the playoff so only one of the nations will go. How cool would that be if they both went...the parties in Prague and Brataslava would be historic...if I come over for those parties...can I crash at your place? Razz

Also, the NHL is finally back in business and my Boston Bruins (featuring your homeboy Jiri Slegr) are off to a decent start...not great but decent. New rules this year too...so far the games are more exciting...more wide open in the European style...less clutching and grabbing. No red line...so no more 2 line passes...making for more breakaway chances. No more ties either...if it's still tied after overtime...each team gets one point and they go to a shootout for the extra point...pretty cool. So far so good...although the NHL still has a long way to go to win back all the American fans it lost by closing down last year. I'm sure in Canada the fans are much more forgiving. I missed talking hockey with the hottest woman in the friggin' galaxy...every 6 months or so I gotta throw a hocky message out there...gets Jana all excited Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1