FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Spider-Man 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HSHP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Spider-Man 3 Reply with quote

Figured I'd move this out of the Batman thread before we had to change its name.

thefatman wrote:
Is spider man 3 announced? I don't really keep up with movie announcements.

I don't think it's been officially announced but it is in the works and has Thomas Hayden Church as the as-of-yet unnamed villian. Any guesses as who he could be playing? I'm too tired to think right now, I'll guess later.
Dave T

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the rumours seem to suggest that Thomas Haden Church will be playing Venom.

I was kinda hoping the new villain would be the Lizard. Oh well... Sad

Has anyone seen that low budget spoof superhero movie The Specials, with Thomas Haden Church as the group's leader, the Strobe, and Rob Lowe as The Weevil? Jordan Ladd plays a superhero whose powers are that she can lay eggs. Saw it a couple of years ago on Sci-fi Channel in the UK and thought it was pretty funny.
HSHP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave T wrote:
Most of the rumours seem to suggest that Thomas Haden Church will be playing Venom.

I was kinda hoping the new villain would be the Lizard. Oh well... Sad

Has anyone seen that low budget spoof superhero movie The Specials, with Thomas Haden Church as the group's leader, the Strobe, and Rob Lowe as The Weevil? Jordan Ladd plays a superhero whose powers are that she can lay eggs. Saw it a couple of years ago on Sci-fi Channel in the UK and thought it was pretty funny.

Always wanted to see that movie.

I was trying to think of who he could be too, and kind of thought Venom. He could have the face, but not the build. Eddie Brock was a huge guy, even before the symbyote. He'd be better as Curt Connors/The Lizard.
Dave T

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Church isn't exactly how I'd pictured Venom either, but it's just a rumour...

Mind you, when they were making Spidey 2, I can remember thinking that Alfred Molina was the last person I'd have thought to play Dr Octopus, but he turned out to be excellent. So who knows.

How about this: for one of the next Spider-man films they should bring in Vulture as the villain and get Vin Diesel to play him. He's got the right build, the right temperament and the right non-hair. Very Happy
HSHP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors say good old Lowell will either play the Sandman or the Chameleon. Much better choices than Venom.
Dave T

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's yet another rumour going round that there will be two villains this time and one of them will be a woman... maybe played by Chloe Sevigny. Not a big fan of Sevigny, so I hope THAT one isn't true!
HSHP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave T wrote:
And there's yet another rumour going round that there will be two villains this time and one of them will be a woman... maybe played by Chloe Sevigny. Not a big fan of Sevigny, so I hope THAT one isn't true!

Just checking the IMDB page for 3 and there's nothing on there for her yet. However, there is a listing for a Dylan Baker playing Curt Connors, who I totally forgot was in Spidey 2 playing the same role. Which might mean we will see the Lizard this time around along with whoever Church is playing. Now who the hell is Topher Grace playing?
Dave T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo! Bring on the Lizard! Very Happy

Here's the link to that Chloe Sevigny story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/290562p-248716c.html

As for Topher Grace, you've got me there. Can't see him as villain material though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1