FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Star Wars III - Revenge of the Sith?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Star Wars III - Revenge of the Sith? Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet, but the reviews are mixed.

What are your thoughts? For those who have seen it.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Dave T

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feelings are mixed, too.

Overall: it's way better than Attack of the Clones, which was the low point in the series IMHO. It still has some of the faults of Clones (the entire relationship between Padme and Anakin still just makes me cringe) and Lucas just can't seem to resist throwing in f*****g Jar Jar Binks for no good reason. But the plot is stronger and the script is far better (apparently Tom Stoppard ghosted the script for Lucas, I heard). The action scenes are awesome, especially the opening space battle and the whole General Grievous stuff. And while the story gets a bit lost somewhere round the middle, it just feels like a genuine epic again, which neither Menace nor Clones did.

Having said all that, Empire Strikes Back remains the ultimate SW movie for me and nothing in Revenge of the Sith really comes close to anything in that movie.

But at least you leave the theater with a mild buzz and not with that deflated feeling you were left with after Menace and Clones.

Dave T
Down South

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was entertaining...and dark...better than Ep. I and Ep. II...

All in all I liked the movie...

And props to the parents who brought their two and three year olds to see it...and props to people who leave their cell phones on...you people rock!

Dave T

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down South wrote:
and props to people who leave their cell phones on...you people rock!

Hey, you must have been sitting next to the couple who I was standing beside at a White Stripes gig a few months back... This was the couple who spent the entire concert phoning all their friends and telling them they were at a White Stripes gig. Mad
masterjedi

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! Sorry I wasn't around to finish the countdown, but my account lapsed and I had to re-up it on my own. (No more loyal member status for 30 days! Crying or Very sad )

Anyway...

I LOVED the movie! I thought it was definitley the best of the prequels and very close to the best in the entire saga. It was dark as hell and emotionally draining. I know a lot of Star Wars fans will defend Star Wars blindly no matter what, but I truly did not find anything wrong with this film. I thought the acting was great, (Hayden and Natalie had GREAT chemistry in my opinion) the story was sooo emotionally driven, the action scenes were breathtaking and the visuals were better than anything I've ever seen anywhere period.

After seeing Revenge of the Sith, I look at Vader in a completely way in the original trilogy. I still don't condone any of his actions, but I can sympathise with him.

Anyone who's debating on wether or not they should actually see it should actually see it. It's well worth it! Very Happy
craigfox

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kicked ass. Best one since Empire Strikes Back.
calvert

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was excellent. I really liked how it showed that once Anakin turned down the dark path...he almost instantly became a heartless murdering tyrant. I've heard a lot of people complain that they didn't build up Anakin's internal struggle enough...and then suddenly he's killing children. I thought that was what the dark side is about...once he gave in even a little...it took him over completely...that's the point of the story really. I thought it was well done by Lucas...the first 2 of the prequals seem better now that we've had the payoff...the backstory proved to be crucial in a lot of ways...hopefully Lucas can live an actual life now without having to shoulder the expectations of us Star Wars geeks anymore.
shutter

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it tonight and I'm very impressed. Was so cool to see how well the movie led right into episode 4. The acting seemed a little flat but the fight scenes were such a joy to watch... watching General Grevious fight Obi Wan with 4 light sabers...WOW! I saw it in a DLP theater and was blown away at how visually beautiful amazing the entire film was.

If you're a Star Wars fan, I definately recommend this one.
Down South

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out...laughed my ass off...insult dog talks to the Star Wars people who are camping out waiting for Star Wars to open:

click here for link
dally

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Down South. That was some funny stuff. Thanx for the laugh Laughing

I took my 7yr old nephew to see the movie.It was weird watching the lead up to a movie I saw 25yrs ago. My nephew hasnt seen the original movies,he gets to watch them in order. I liked the show ,it was fast paced and I was exhausted after watching it. Is that the last one? Is that the full set of the movies?
Milkman Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God.

I'd totally forgotten about him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1