FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Just need a good drawing.Chein Hsing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jadacant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Just need a good drawing.Chein Hsing Reply with quote

Name; Chien Hsing

Age; 34

Gender; Male

Species; (Canine) Lhara Apso

Nationality; Chinese

Sexuality; Straight

Occupation; Shopkeep/Acupuncturist/Herbalist (Medicine man)

Height; 5'6

Weight; approx 150 lbs

Eyes; Hazel

Fur& colors; Primery a semi golden Caramel Brown with some richer Darker light chocolate streaks throughout. Fur is fairly thick loose wavy patterns with light curls at the ends.

Build; Light with wired muscles (gymnastic build)

Personality; Softspoken and modest has a cheerful disposition to see him though the day. A free thinker likes to experiment, loves good books,loves a good tale and good friends. loyal honest sometimes to the point of naievity.

Traits/ Chein is a little man with a big heart. He always looks after his patients with the best care he can,and hates when someone or something is in pain. He's known to offer shelter and hot meals to the working women and men in Bon Bon when the weather turns foul and they have no other place to go. He uses his rooms after working hours to house them and after breakfast they slide out the back way from his shop. He never charges any of them anything but they usually leave a few Florins behind as a means of thank you.

Apperance; Chein appears a well dressed man of middle years he's in excellent physical health.Favoring his Oriental look while working in the shop,but dresses more top hat to shiney shoes with spats when going out. He loves clothes with clean lines minimal frills for casual wear and goes all out for festive or upscale events.He's always well groomed and clean often bathing after his shop closes for the day,and before heading out.Not a fan of monocles he is almost always wearing other accesories such as stick pins, cuff links, watch and chain to name a few.

Background; Chein Hsing is the 4th son of a wealthy and successful family of merchants specializing in spices and perfumes. His father gave him to a monestary of Shaolin monks when he was one year old to avoid raiseing another mouth,and to also give Chein a chance to live his own life.Over the next 18 years Chien learned his academic skills and also to read and write in 4 languages of Chinese(Mandarin,Wu,Min,and(cantonese) Yue.In addition he also learned how to fight and when not to and although he proved to be a good fighter he just did'nt have the spirit to be a Warrior Monk, and much prefering academic pursuits. Decideing not to further his life in the monestary he chose to leave the only life he had known to explore and see the world first hand as books were driveing him too with their stories.

(Second part)As he set on his new course the monks gave him some money,clothes,and a walking stick before he set out on his new life and adventure. A few weeks later and low on money Chein arrived on a hill on the outskirts of Hong Kong.He was all but overwhelmed at the sight of it, so many people,buildings,smells, and colors in such a place.Once he again caught his breath he drummed up his courage and proceeded down the hill he was on and into the city of Hong Kong.After securing a room to let for a few days he knew he had to find work to earn money to both continue to survive and realize his dreams. His first day was a dissapointment he could'nt get any work near the upper class side where he has heard pay was very good for house work in the nobles and British well to do areas. his big downside was he could'nt speak English for the Briton side and was'nt connected on the noble's side to get in. His second day in the middle class area was the same as was the third. As he was heading for his room that evening trying to think of how much he had left for a room and meals a commotion caught his attention.There on a sidestreet near some bushes a pair of thugs were assaulting an elderly man and attempting to steal his purse!.Thinking they were going to kill him if he did'nt act quickly Chein charged in with a yell swiftly kicking one thug and useing his stick to push him off the old man and into the bushes then as the other began to stand up letting the elder man go Chein brought his stick in a horizontal half arc catching him on his jaw. Stunned and reeling the second thug fell into the street Chein again turned his attention to the first as he came back out of the bushes,"How dare you!" in a soft spoken hard toned voice was all he could say to the thug. The thug looked as ready to fight then seeing his friend on the street he bolted back into the bushes. Suddenly it seemed the streets became populated again,there were people everywhere. Chein reached for the elderly man to help him up and inquired if he was hurt,"Nothing I cannot heal" was all he said with a chuckle. Chein smiled back and helped the man back to his feet. He asked Chein to walk him home in case they came back with more,Chein accepted. As they walked together Chein introduced himself and the elderly man introduced himself as Quang Xiau.As they walked towards Quang's home they talked back and forth,and when quang heard chien was looking for work said that he could use a new shop assistant as the last one left in a hurry for some reason.Chein accepted and promised to be at the shop the following day.That night Chein slept better than he had for days.

(Third part) When he showed up for work he found out his new employer had a room he could use to live in it was'nt grand little better than a broom closet but for Chein was good enough rent would be deducted from his weekly pay,but now he had a home (sort of). Chein's duties working for Quang were stocking,shop clean up,&helping with deliveries while learning the teachings of Acupunture and Herbalism,and it turns out Quang's recipies were quite formidable.Quang's family he claims have been herbalists for over 2500 years(he claimed).Acupuncture somewhat less only 1000 years(yes as you can guess Chein did raise incredulous eyebrows at THAT claim).Nonetheless to Chein he was his employer, so best not raise the question he had brewing after all he really did need the money.Then Quang's questions caught Chein completely off guard,Do you really know how to fight?, or was last night just a lucky hit?. Chein did'nt know what to say finally slumping his shoulders and bowing his head"Luck" he said back at Quang."I thought so" was all Quang said then he smiled "Want to learn"?.Chein looked at him and said "How"? Quang answered "to become a healer in my family we must first know pain" "Without knowing what pain is how do you use Medicines? Herbs?or even Salves?"When you treat someone it is important to know the pain they feel and where"."Without this knowledge you cannot apply the correct measure of healing to them" Too little they suffer, too much they suffer more""But what about diseases or other afflictions"? asked Chien "I will teach you those in time for now you must learn from the beginning" answered Quang You saved my life because you showed respect for your elders and you should be rewarded too many of our young ones are learning disrespectful behaviour because of these" "Tai-Pans" (Bigshots). "After each day you work here you will go to my brother Tau and learn from him the art of "The Dragon" and two days each week you will spend the day with him from sun up to sundown."

(Fourth part)For the next 8 years Chein dutifully worked and learned all he could from Quang and his brother Tau. Over the years he learned the houses of the body, herbs, remedies and Kung fu. It was during this time he noticed a lot of Quangs customers were women which somewhat surprised him but he never really paid much attention to it. It was also during this time he was introduced to one of them a Lady Catherine Du Champe. Through her Chein learned English and how to read and write in it.When she learned he wanted to see the world once he finished his apprenticeships here she thought it was a wonderful idea for him to do it."Travel the world broadens the mind and is good for the soul"she had said also she said that when he was done to let her know she had a wonderful spot in mind in which travel was easy and the place beautifully set to which he could visit over 70 countries. "Where is a place like that"? asked Chein. "A lovely mountain village called BonBon" was her reply.

Last edited by Jadacant on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 21 times in total
Corran
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fursona. As far as a back story goes you could throw in some events that lead to your fursona making their way to Bon Bon. They are traveling due to a search for steady work or mabye in search of someone. Good luck!
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your choice of species. It fits really well with your chosen nationality and occupation.

It looks to me like you've started off quite nicely on your fursona. It might be a good idea to expand a little on his appearance. Like his hair or clothing, whether if it's for what you'd like him to be drawn in eventually, or if it's just his typical clothing style.

You could also add how he lives in Bon Bon and which hobbies he might have.

Those are just some quick suggestions.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Jadacant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the support I'm glad you are liking what you see as RP'ing him is gonna be a challenge which i am looking forward too. I have to really step outside myself to to that,and get to researching China's Victorian age when the Britons were in Hong Kong during the Opium years and before thier war with China securing Hong Kong for 99 years under treaty.
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you don't mind but I want to make a few suggestions.

1)This is pretty much a typo on your part as it's spelled Shaolin

2)The Chinese culture(as with many Asian customs)is centered around the first born son who inherits the family fortune unless he dies then it goes on to the next living male relative.I suggest being either the first or second born son as they would most likely be the targets of any infighting.

3)You might want to flesh out the languages and how he learned them as Buddhist monks were not well received among the Christian clergy.

4)It's misleading to think that the monks from either the Northern or Southern Temples focused purely on fighting and less on the scholarly pursuits when it's actually the opposite.Only 10 out of 100 monks were ever chosen to become WuSeng(lit. ''Warrior Monk")the other ShěSeng(lit.Scholar Monk)used to be doctors,educators,philosophers, etc. even while being persecuted.

5)You also might want to expand on the family helping you as it's also confusing to be sent to a monastery to avoid being a victim of family feuds to acting like water under a bridge.

– Bruce Lee
Jadacant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks for spotting the typo on the Shaolin on my part i totally missed that somehow.He is water under the bridge an extra mouth that was'nt really needed as haveing 3 sons his father was quite well off already.The languages are various dialects of local Chinese in the country as each region does have a distinct dialect although as i am to belive a "common" chinese throughout the country. i am still researching and expect many mistakes as I work with what I think I know to what I will know.right now he is but a rough draft of a character as I go through.I'll be haveing him learn english and french while in Hongkong. (Note he probably won't be able to read it unless I drop a couple languages on him as speaking 9 and literate in 7 might be pushing the boundaries some).He won't be a Shaolin when he gets to BonBon or England his first stop once he crosses the water in fact he is'nt one in Hongkong as he left the order at 19. He was never intended to be a warrior monk in fact lol he failed so he is one of the 90 that did'nt make it Laughing . Yes I do have to change the reason and remove the infighting as now that you mention it that is true so I am definately going to have to do some more editing. Thank you so much Mr DesertWolf I really do appreciate the input as reading web page after web page tends to make ones eyes a bit buggy and miss something.
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no problem Jadacant.If you're looking for a common dialect in Chinese I would aim for Mandarin.

– Bruce Lee
Jadacant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Still at work Reply with quote

I've deleted some of his story as I have to change the order of events somewhat,and also to finally add in how he appears in physical form.I can't draw much better than stickmen,so may need to be a bit liberal with words.As well gonna add in his Hobbies and Fancies. and btw Symphony thanks for bringing this aspect into play I hadn't even thought about that part on his character development. Most RP I've done that aspect is simply ignored.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Still at work Reply with quote

Jadacant wrote:
I can't draw much better than stickmen,so may need to be a bit liberal with words.

You can always add some pictures of your fursona's clothing and other items. A lot of people have done that, and I think it's especially useful to Vanessa when the time comes to draw your avatar.

The Mayflower Diaries
Jadacant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba Bump ba bump 4 major additions to the Backgrounds so far still working on it I might just keep the autobiography going lol kinda nice to flesh a character out with a past and not chopped up Very Happy
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you don't mind another suggestion here.

Stemming from my days using TCM(Traditional Chinese Medicine)in my martial arts training I can tell you that acupuncture could be far older than 2500 years old from the time line for a couple of reasons:

1)Acupuncture was not recorded until the Shiji(Records of the Grand Historian)were written but many items have been found from the Shang Dynasty(1600-1100 BCE) would prove him right.

2)Most Chinese histories were passed down orally as many of the people were laymen who were uneducated and thus it would have been nearly impossible to prove or disprove at that time(even today it would be hard).

3)Monks are first and foremost humble and have great humility.By this I mean that the first things a monk must possess and learn is that he is a person first and always and his knowledge no matter how great is still limited.By saying that your character would raise an eyebrow at the claim shows conceit and disrespect toward a person who has been applying his trade for generations while the monk has only read about them.

I don't mean to come off as evil with my last comment here it's just monks have a unique lifestyle.

– Bruce Lee
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesertWolf wrote

Quote:
I don't mean to come off as evil with my last comment here it's just monks have a unique lifestyle.

((You know... I don't mean to come off mean, but... well... okay actually I do.

There have been how many monks? And all.. ALL of them were perfect, and followed the "right path"? None were conceited? Or tried to get to "enlightenment" the short and easy way? That's... just stupid. It's ridiculusly culture-centric. It's one of the largest problems American's have when dealing with outside nations.

I'm sorry. For every proper or "real" monk, I'm sure there were just as many washouts, "fake" monks, or monks who didn't follow "the norm." Just look at American Industrialists. Or famous generals. Or Soldiers in general. You can call them pretty names like "Freelancer" or "Hired Security", but if you boil it down. They're a mercenary.

Or, even if you don't want to take that route, for each hard charger of a Soldier, you have just as many malingerers.

My point being, if Jacident wants his character to be monk, let HIM decide how he wants his monk to be. Whether it's "truthful" or not, doesn't matter. For crying out loud, we're talking about anthropomorphic beings here. That alone means we're not in Kansas anymore, and we should be allowed to take liberties with our interpretation of the past.))
Jadacant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhap true and all given the records of today vs back then. Thing is I'm trying to keep him from being a Mr Spock he has faults he's also on his own road of discovery. raiseing an eyebrow after being told that a family history of his new mentor of being Herbalists for 2500 years then the claim of Acupuncture a mere 1000 years through Quangs line while to be respected from his point of view is to him incredulous to say the least. He will goof up that is a fact. Even the Shaolin make mistakes thing is they also learn from them as he will too, and pass the knowledge onwards. If I made him absolutely perfect heck he'd be a stick in the mud for PBB RP lol. And also he's not a monk he started his life in a monestary yes but he is no longer a Shaolin ShiSeng, he left the order prior to coming to HongKong on his 19th birthday or thereabouts. While he would most likely have read about subjects like that to find a single family line with a claim like that would probably be in the Shaolin medicinal book of world records lol.No offence Mr DesertWolf I do appreciate the input I like the fact that someone shoots this fursona full of holes it all helps building the character from many points of view which in turn will make it both richer and more fuller to play. And I so thank you for doing that Very Happy
Jadacant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another update for the readers on Chein's HongKong stage of development.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind another suggestion, I think it might be a good idea to divide your fursona's background story into a couple of different sections. As it is right now, it's kind of a wall of text. Otherwise it looks good. Smile

The Mayflower Diaries
Jadacant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I should it is getting to be a wall of text. Going to have to do that. Thanks Symphony for the suggesion as I've still got some jotting to do on him yet in HongKong and beyond. Getting carried away with his background story and events in his past before BonBon. Laughing
Jadacant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now to hit DA up for some drawing tips lol (and track down a good scanner) Very Happy Laughing Finally done! (unless someone spots something I missed? <<....>> ??
Jadacant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I admit defeat can't draw better than making him look like a furry pig lol. and his curls are beyond my meager skills. any suggestions anyone?
Jadacant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well maybe I can track down some period correct clothes at least.Will provide links when i find them =)
assuming I can't copy/paste them in the thread here
Jadacant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep still working on it LOL have'nt forgotten but dang this is going slower than Molasses downhill in January
Jadacant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well getting better but still looks like a furry pig only now can see a bit of a tail lol
Jadacant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardest thing I have of drawing Chein is his face His short muzzle is giving me a headache His half cropped ears folded forward neatly,Oval shaped eyes hazel Iris's Half drooped eyelids blending into his fur which is wavely short but thick His Muzzle is about 4-6 inches (10-15 Cm) outwards based by his height. (Real Apso has about a 2 inch 5 cm Muzzle) this is my sticking point I just cannot seem to get the proper porportion of that into his face without makeing it look weird. still working on it though in my spare time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1